Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68434 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #25 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:45pm:
tldr;

except the last sentence.

Reading that story might hurt your feels. Or pop that little bubble you placed yourself in, bubbleboy. If you could learn something from the moral of that story(despite my shitty writing and grammar), you would learn to become a slightly less off putting individual. YW

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #26 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 3:56pm:
Aww, you guys and your kill counts. sooo cute.

Shhhhh. They have yet to realize that the kill is only awarded to they guy who delivers the killing blow and not to the dude that may have cut the mob hp by 90%. It's dps, yes  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #27 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:45pm:
tldr;

except the last sentence.

I would LOVE to Twitch stream or record my games but I play on a 1 year old MacBook Pro, and in addition to the Mac client being shit, I can't seem to record without massive lag and jittering.

I have absolutely no doubt you would STFU

Your new title is quite apt, "Human Secretions" because there is plenty of it flowing.

I couldn't care less for ePeen achievements, but you talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.

There are plenty of ways around this problem.
As Rubbins suggest, pretty sure even your Mac can handle a screencap.
Or put DDO on a 16Gb stick with some recording software and plug into a more powerful computer like at a library or uni or internet cafe or gaming hub.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Sadly, you never learn.  You've been called out for running your mouth off, again. And then you try to be dismissive and insulting and wonder why people turn on you?

Who effectively says, "I am the most skilled player on my server"?
Those who actually are that skilled know it, and don't need to prop their fragile egos up with fantasy.

If your objective is to earn respect, I couldn't think of a more flawed way of trying to obtain it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
names changed to protect the innocent

« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:53pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 7:27pm:
There are plenty of ways around this problem.
As Rubbins suggest, pretty sure even your Mac can handle a screencap.
Or put DDO on a 16Gb stick with some recording software and plug into a more powerful computer like at a library or uni or internet cafe or gaming hub.

We don't have gaming hubs or internet cafes in the USA. Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those outside of a thrid world country since the 90's.

Great suggestion.

And hilariously you are NOT from the USA or the suggestion of a powerful computer at a library or Uni that would be public use is literally making me laugh on the floor out loud.

Libraries in the US are where homeless people sleep, and Uni's are tightly controlled and relatively secure islands for which there is no entry without first paying admissions. And they certainly wouldn't let you game there if you could get in.

So funny

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Definately couldn't get onto a Uni computer here in New Zealand without a Login, heck I had trouble getting on one when I was at university.

But libraries in NZ are easy enough (they seem to have decent comps) and don't seem to have too many homeless people lurking around, then again I live in a small town (13000 people) and there is I think 2 homeless people in our town, (that I know of) one lives under a bridge on the outskirts of town and the other in various punga huts in the bush surrounding the town.

Edit: Yeah the mechanics I have partied with recently seem pretty beasty as far as Damage output and relative survivability, I want to roll one.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:51pm by Coasterhops »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 5:06pm:
Reading that story might hurt your feels. Or pop that little bubble you placed yourself in, bubbleboy. If you could learn something from the moral of that story(despite my shitty writing and grammar), you would learn to become a slightly less off putting individual. YW

Off putting is not a big concern for me on the Vault, everyone here is offputting

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #32 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:38pm:

Read what I wrote vag. You are shaming yourself

What happened in your screenshot is exactly what happened when a guildie of mine was bringing his first lifer in a party full of 3rd lifers. We brought monsters down to next to no health with a couple of hits and he managed to always land the final hit.

Was his damage output higher than us? no
Was his attack speed so fucking high to always land last hit? Yes

I would be impressed if you soloed it or recorded in some way but a mere screenshot of the end won't show all the important details in between

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:00pm
Print Post  

So, what youre saying is you will not compete against persons involved in an actual competition. but will instead choose to base your gaming skills on how well you can carry a group of random strangers that arent competing.

Look, you want people to think youre awesome, then go post in the speed run thread. Here, will provide link for you.  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455942-***-multi-server-speed-runs-tra...

You do not need to reveal your in game toon. Just photo of both halves of the xp report along with your character sheet and destiny showing. You can cut your name and retain privacy. It should be a win/win for you. Players get to see your times with your build and will praise and play your builds. Giving you a number of players, builds and strategies to compare with and compete against. Unless you think they wont, for some reason. In which case you can continue to post about how many kills you get in groups and no one will know any better.

There is also Sestra's youtube thread, but they will ask for videos.

« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 7:27pm:
Sadly, you never learn.  You've been called out for running your mouth off, again. And then you try to be dismissive and insulting and wonder why people turn on you?

Who effectively says, "I am the most skilled player on my server"?
Those who actually are that skilled know it, and don't need to prop their fragile egos up with fantasy.

Oh please.

I didn't say I was the most skilled player on the server (although playing since 2006, I better be top 5% or I should DIAF).

I said Throwers are still enormously powerful, like other top tier builds. When you start to see big differences in kill count and deaths once people have good builds, it becomes about equipment (which I have) and then skill with the build (for which mine is high, I've been playing Throwers for 2.5 straight years, and played Monkchers before that. My ranged DDO game is very strong. I have complete faith in saying that. I wouldn't know what to do with with a THF build I haven't played one in several years.

When someone plays better than me, I have zero problem acknowledging that.

Apparently though, a few people on Vault do have a big problem with other people being better than them. Or else your panties wouldn't all be twisted.

Another reason I haven't gone out of my way to post videos of my insane quest rampaging is because I don't have an ego like others, and I'm more concerned with Turbine nerfing my STEEZE than your fanboi adoration. What they don't know, they can't nerf.

I've seen how other people play my builds, it's not that impressive. I don't have to worry about nerf hammers when other people just piddle around being average and recording it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
So, what youre saying is you will not compete against persons involved in an actual competition. but will instead choose to base your gaming skills on how well you can carry a group of random strangers that arent competing.

Look, you want people to think youre awesome, then go post in the speed run thread. Here, will provide link for you.  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455942-***-multi-server-speed-runs-tra...

You do not need to reveal your in game toon. Just photo of both halves of the xp report along with your character sheet and destiny showing. You can cut your name and retain privacy. It should be a win/win for you. Players get to see your times with your build and will praise and play your builds. Giving you a number of players. builds and strategies to compare with and compete against. Unless you think they wont, for some reason. In which case you can continue to post about how many kills you get in groups and no one will know any better.

Those were guildies, and quite well geared and experienced ones (In EE Devils Details).

Have you ever gotten over 100 kills in Devils Details EE with 4 other people trying to get kills?

Where's your screenshot?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:57pm:
Read what I wrote vag. You are shaming yourself

What happened in your screenshot is exactly what happened when a guildie of mine was bringing his first lifer in a party full of 3rd lifers. We brought monsters down to next to no health with a couple of hits and he managed to always land the final hit.

Was his damage output higher than us? no
Was his attack speed so fucking high to always land last hit? Yes

I would be impressed if you soloed it or recorded in some way but a mere screenshot of the end won't show all the important details in between

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just making up narratives to fit your world view.

This is what people who don't win kill counts do to complain about other people's abilities to get more kills. I've been hearing it since 2006, it's as not true now as it was then.

Have you seen my attack rate? Have you seen a properly built TWF Paladin or Barbs or Wolf's attack rate? They aren't that different, and Melee Characters AoE that is as useful as IPS now.

This is total bullshit.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:07pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm:
Another reason I haven't gone out of my way to post videos of my insane quest rampaging is because I don't have an ego like others, and I'm more concerned with Turbine nerfing my STEEZE than your fanboi adoration. What they don't know, they can't nerf.

I've seen how other people play my builds, it's not that impressive. I don't have to worry about nerf hammers when other people just piddle around being average and recording it.

Just saving this here.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
Have you ever gotten over 100 kills in Devils Details EE with 4 other people trying to get kills?

Hmm, you might have tl;dr'd again. Try again.

You do not need to reveal your in game toon. Just photo of both halves of the xp report along with your character sheet and destiny showing. You can cut your name and retain privacy. It should be a win/win for you. Players get to see your times with your build and will praise and play your builds. Giving you a number of players, builds and strategies to compare with and compete against. Unless you think they wont, for some reason. In which case you can continue to post about how many kills you get in groups and no one will know any better.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #39 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
Hmm, you might have tl;dr'd again. Try again.

Why aren't you up Nekobytes butthole? All I did was echo the EXACT SAME STATEMENT. No one has said a word.

I play DDO with other people, It's actually why I like the game. I rarely solo. Maybe I will do this to shut you up.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #40 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just making up narratives to fit your world view.

This is what people who don't win kill counts do to complain about other people's abilities to get more kills. I've been hearing it since 2006, it's as not true now as it was then.

Have you seen my attack rate? Have you seen a properly built TWF Paladin or Barbs or Wolf's attack rate? They aren't that different, and Melee Characters AoE that is as useful as IPS now.

This is total bullshit.

Lol, you are dripping sand from your vagina again. Cool story bro   Grin

Twf pallyboys and wolfbro have to get close while you kill from range. Do one clever thing...Get a clue of how the game works. Start to SOLO a few EE. Than we can talk about it

Im not going to bother wasting anymore time with you. You had your share of wisdom  Cool

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #41 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:12pm:
Lol, you are dripping sand from your vagina again. Cool story bro   Grin

Twf pallyboys and wolfbro have to get close while you kill from range. Do one clever thing...Get a clue of how the game works. Start to SOLO a few EE. Than we can talk about it

Im not going to bother wasting anymore time with you. You had your share of wisdom  Cool

All that means is they run up and steal my kills after I've hit stuff, zimmer (who posted above and is my guildie) does it constantly on his melees and it drives me nuts.

It's not an advantage. There's your Wisdom for the day. Ass clown.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Maybe I will do this to shut you up.

Why do i get to be the bad guy in your narrative? The hell did I do? I thought that someone who comes into every thread posting about their build and kill count in a thread that isn't about their build and kill count, would enjoy showing off their prowess? No? I dont get it. Why would I go around saying I can outkill and outdps everyone all of the time and not want to back that type of talk up? It wouldnt shut me up, it would shut up everyone who doubted you. It wont shut up the people who are sick of your "insane quest rampaging" posts, but it gives you a leg to stand on. I'm trying to help you here!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Why aren't you up Nekobytes butthole?

This is the first time I have ever seen nekobyte post something about their build and kill count. I included both of you guys in that cute comment I made earlier. You even replied to it a page ago. Forget?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #44 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:43pm:
We don't have gaming hubs or internet cafes in the USA. Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those outside of a thrid world country since the 90's.

Great suggestion.

And hilariously you are NOT from the USA or the suggestion of a powerful computer at a library or Uni that would be public use is literally making me laugh on the floor out loud.

Libraries in the US are where homeless people sleep, and Uni's are tightly controlled and relatively secure islands for which there is no entry without first paying admissions. And they certainly wouldn't let you game there if you could get in.

So funny

Newsflash - DropBear is not from the US!!  More at 10!

Interesting that the only takeaway from my message was to mock me for not being from the US.

They were options bro - valid in my country.  Sorry to hear about yours.
Try a screen cap then.

harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm:
Oh please.

I didn't say I was the most skilled player on the server (although playing since 2006, I better be top 5% or I should DIAF).

Awesome.  I've been playing since 2006 too and I'm definitely in the top 100% on my server too.
I'm so very proud of this that I made myself a certificate for my office so all my clients can see that I'm l33tz.
Seriously, I wouldn't even rate in the top 5% for my server (although if I stick around long enough....I might make it through attrition).  So does that make me a lesser person and I should DIAF?
Or do maybe I play PC games for fun and have no desire to compare ePeens?
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:37pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:18pm:
Why do i get to be the bad guy in your narrative? The hell did I do? I thought that someone who comes into every thread posting about their build and kill count in a thread that isn't about their build and kill count, would enjoy showing off their prowess? No? I dont get it. Why would I go around saying I can outkill and outdps everyone all of the time and not want to back that type of talk up? It wouldnt shut me up, it would shut up everyone who doubted you. It wont shut up the people who are sick of your "insane quest rampaging" posts, but it gives you a leg to stand on. I'm trying to help you here!

my problem with speed runs is that speed running is often as much about constantly doing a quest over and over as a speed run to get your time down as it is about showing what a build does.

I don't have the patience for that. Sure, maybe some of the quests that are more pure killing in a confined space would be more legit, but most quests it's about run speed and knowledge of short paths.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
You know what else is ranged and better then a thrower?
Warlock.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:40pm:
my problem with speed runs is that speed running is often as much about constantly doing a quest over and over as a speed run to get your time down as it is about showing what a build does.

I don't have the patience for that. Sure, maybe some of the quests that are more pure killing in a confined space would be more legit, but most quests it's about run speed and knowledge of short paths.

True, which is why i picked a more fair quest. You may have to rerun it dozens of times to get your best time. 

There is also the red named cabal dps tests. Monkchers get him dead in 3 seconds. From doing either of those you could demonstrate reliably either how well you perform and how good your build really is, or what dps your build is capable of in your hands.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:50pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #48 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:49pm:
True, which is why i picked a more fair quest. You may have to rerun it dozens of times to get your best time. 

There is also the red named cabal dps tests. Monkchers get him dead in 3 seconds. From doing either of those you could demonstrate reliably either how well you perform and how good your build really is, or what dps your build is capable of in your hands.

red named cabal is all about burst DPS on 1-3 targets generally, not quest wide DPS. It's a horrible measure for anything except how fast you can take down 1 target.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #49 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:49pm:
You know what else is ranged and better then a thrower?
Warlock.

wrong.

the only warlock that can hold a candle to a proper thrower uses ES and bursts, which requires being on top of mobs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint