Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics? (Read 68418 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Why Are Folks Shooting Their Wad Over Mechanics?
Reply #50 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:08pm:
red named cabal is all about burst DPS on 1-3 targets generally, not quest wide DPS. It's a horrible measure for anything except how fast you can take down 1 target.

Which shows how high your dps can get against a red named. If you want high density mob spawns within a smaller space that still allows movement for IPS application, you have Breaking The Ranks. Do you think you can do the red named cabal test in around 15 seconds? Do you think you can clear ranks in 10 minutes? All good benchmarks for their purpose.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Brodhi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:29pm:
wrong.

the only warlock that can hold a candle to a proper thrower uses ES and bursts, which requires being on top of mobs.

You either run with garbage warlocks (which may be the case, since there are a lot of them), or are just talking out of your ass.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #52 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Brodhi wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
You either run with garbage warlocks (which may be the case, since there are a lot of them), or are just talking out of your ass.

3rd option: you're wrong

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #53 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Which shows how high your dps can get against a red named. If you want high density mob spawns within a smaller space that still allows movement for IPS application, you have Breaking The Ranks.

Do you think you can do the red named cabal test in around 15 seconds?

I just did it in Fury in about 20, first try. I think I could get it down to 15, I didnt use all my adrenalines. That was without Slayer Arrow, with slayer, easily. I also have Manyshot which I could use with a Bow but didnt. SO you see, red named DPS is quite good on my 11/63. Its basically a monkcher for red names (but no slayer arrow) but far better trash clearing the other 90% of the time you aren't fighting red names. Ideal, as far as I am concerned.

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Do you think you can clear ranks in 10 minutes? All good benchmarks for their purpose. 

Ill get back to you when I have the patience to run out there this life.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #54 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:29pm:
wrong.

the only warlock that can hold a candle to a proper thrower uses ES and bursts, which requires being on top of mobs.

4th option:
Gather mobs in a large group (orange or red alert), kill them all, keep moving... is there another way to play the game?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:10am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:34pm:
I just did it in Fury in about 20, first try. I think I could get it down to 15, I didnt use all my adrenalines. That was without Slayer Arrow, with slayer, easily. I also have Manyshot which I could use with a Bow but didnt

That puts you at around pure twf pally in LD. A 18/1/1 barb in DC does it 12 seconds, maybe less. Manshot/slayer/fury monkcher is around 3. Interested in seeing your slayershot times. If anyone is playing a helf or 6rgr mech they can compare their slayer times and non-slayer times to your thrower times in both categories.

Ranks is anywhere from under 10 minutes to under 8. If youre in this category then your build and skills are solid. And would back up your claims.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:11am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Waiting for a table for supper, looking at what's new on the vault.

And what do I see? Once again Captain screenshot (notharharhar) hi-jacked a thread someone else started about about how cool/powerful the new mechanics are to talk about what else......... a thrower build.

Why am I not surprised?  Har, give it a rest man or widen your experience.

Side note, I'm on holiday and reading this by tablet (shitty tablet at that)so for all of you who were interested and PM'd me for data and lists I will send all the PDFs out when I get back home late next week, sorry for the delay I didn't see those requests till ten minutes ago.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:28am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #57 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
Waiting for a table for supper, looking at what's new on the vault.

And what do I see? Once again Captain screenshot (notharharhar) hi-jacked a thread someone else started about about how cool/powerful the new mechanics are to talk about what else......... a thrower build.

Why am I not surprised?  Har, give it a rest man or widen your experience.

Side note, I'm on holiday and reading this by tablet (shitty tablet at that)so for all of you who were interested and PM'd me for data and lists I will send all the PDFs out when I get back home late next week, sorry for the delay I didn't see those requests till ten minutes ago.

wrong. I told him why it was good.

nekobyte said throwers are beast.

then i agreed.

You have reading problems?
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:19am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Okay. I'm going to settle this for you guys. But, first, here's a story. About a guy named Dave from Oregon.

Dave liked to lie so that he could feel better about himself and have people think he is 2l33t4u. Cute, but a psycho. A pathological liar who craved attention and would do and say the most outlandish shit, because he is highly socially inept. Now, Dave would say things like how no one has out killed him in 5 years. This wasnt true because, well, logic. But I carried his druid through WGU, I carried his wizard through Breaking The Ranks(didnt even let his bitchass shrine, cos Im a baws-humblebrag-).

Dave left my guild to join another guild and his reasons were to raid more with guildies(apparently his new guildies also arent fans of his fiction). Not that I blame them, because telling your guildies that their warlock build isnt end game ee focused wont endear you to anyone. Especially not when those warlocks are running around fingering left and right like it's a pussy popping contest.

Now, me and guidlies were at the time farming ToEE chests in pt2. So dave joined. After few runs he left and started his bullshit again with his new guildies. He even threw his old guildies(us) under the bus to make himself look better. Told them we only got 20-30 kills while he had 40-50. Which was mostly bullshit. And he dies. every fucking time. always. His new guildies were fed up and werent having it. So they proposed a test.

A run through toee pt2 first 2 doors to see how fast he could clear. Again, this is someone that states things like they have a 50k dps rotation. They gave him 3 attempts and recorded it.

he died every single fucking time just trying to clear the trash mobs. After blaming lag, he rage quit for the night, but only to return again in guild chat the next day and proceed to tell everyone he solo'd it. When they asked for proof he said that he couldnt post screenshots because he ddint know how (despite his claim of working for square enix). And that he didnt have to prove anything to anyone. Well, you kind of do have to. More so after running your mouth everywhere talking the talk.

His bullshit got toned down after the recording of him dying to trash every attempt went up.

What Im trying to say is go solo breaking the ranks. Post your times. good players are getting it done in 9 minutes or less. The record held by 2 shiradis is under 7 and a half minutes. You can even post your achievement on MoBos for all to see. Have fun.

I solo'd that on an artie once but I can tell you it took a llliiiiiiitttttle more than 9 minutes! hahaha.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #59 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:23am:
I solo'd that on an artie once but I can tell you it took a llliiiiiiitttttle more than 9 minutes! hahaha.

I vote 90 minutes  Grin

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Notharharhar, you really need to stop lying and exaggerating, I think you tend to do it because many of us can't be bothered to wast our time calling you on it.

I really don't have the patience of many others here, so I am already sick of having to correct the childish fibs you tell compulsively. For instance:

harharharhar wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:54am:
wrong. I told him why it was good.

nekobyte said throwers are beast.

then i agreed.

You have reading problems?

Hardly.

Of the 21 posts you have made in this thread 12 were about throwers, and responses to throwers. Just as I had initially posted, this is yet another thread that you for some reasons felt the need to try and make it about your thrower build.

Get a life and some dignity son, let everyone else have a bit of a say without forcing yourself on them.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:42am by »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #61 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Dude, you are taking screenshots of kill count in a pug ? lol.
What does that prove ? Cleric gets 200 kills in EE Deathwyrm, okay wizard can get 70 kills in EE Peaks. Those are zero dps classes.

Bruntsmash is stupid as a test. Noone runs with those twists permanently. Too few hp - luck based.
That Citw one ( kill necro, attack mistress, kill bebilith, kill mistress ) is not a bad idea.
Maybe Break in Ice too - pretty straightforward.

I play on 8 year old potato ( 2 gb ram, core 2 duo ) and can Bandicam - shitty quality obviously.

Cool to read about builds and such, but this repeated "bestamest player on Khyber" and "outkill everybody on the server" rhetoric is just weird.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 4:58am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:49pm:
You know what else is ranged and better then a thrower?
Warlock.

Boom.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 9:07am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:08pm:
red named cabal is all about burst DPS on 1-3 targets generally, not quest wide DPS. It's a horrible measure for anything except how fast you can take down 1 target.

Correct.  That is the idea.

Breaking the Ranks is good for quest wide DPS.  This has been stated previously.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #64 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:08pm:
Shows that either:
People dont play throwers
or
People don't understand throwers

Or maybe people don't want their builds/found synergies nerfed once named on the forums?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #65 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Notharharhar, you really need to stop lying and exaggerating, I think you tend to do it because many of us can't be bothered to wast our time calling you on it.

I really don't have the patience of many others here, so I am already sick of having to correct the childish fibs you tell compulsively. For instance:

Hardly.

Of the 21 posts you have made in this thread 12 were about throwers, and responses to throwers. Just as I had initially posted, this is yet another thread that you for some reasons felt the need to try and make it about your thrower build.

Get a life and some dignity son, let everyone else have a bit of a say without forcing yourself on them.

way to misuse a stat, statmaster.

Once again, I'll remind you my initial response to this thread was about mechanics, and only every talked about throwers in response to another persons post.

Go ahead and keep trying to derail the thread, be it about throwers or mechanics, with personal attacks against me.

Thats a much bigger derail than talking about throwers vs mechanics.

Dick.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:40pm:
Or maybe people don't want their builds/found synergies nerfed once named on the forums?

The chances of that happening with tree builds or throwers is, like, none to less than zero. There are so many more popular classes that clear quests with faster times and they are documented with video runs. Of the records held in high level quests not one of them is a tree or thrower. And If there was one where even a screenshot were to be posted, it wouldnt result in a nerf ahead of all the other established speed records already recorded. The " i dun want my build nerrfed" excuse is used by Lelo and Vag because they have endless numbers of excuses as to why they will not post anything credible.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #67 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I used to think that way but now I start from a position of assuming they don't follow a logical path. They've done enough odd-looking things that destroyed player effort and builds for me to assume that, I think.

But fair point on it being a good excuse if you're full of shit.

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:45pm:
way to misuse a stat, statmaster.
Dick.

So proving his point was a misuse of facts? retard. So much butthurt.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:29pm by »  

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Now isn't the thing with Shuriken Chuckers all about Mortal Fear, eg. fast attack rate, extra missiles etc etc?

They seem to be the build that gets the most bang for the buck from the ridiculously OP Mortal Fear, hence why they can rape EE mobs and orange names but DPS is a considerable drop against the Reds.

Now as for Mechanics, these guys can actually have pretty decent damage output due to the power of Mechanic Enhancements, sure they might still be behind the best chucker builds (for mob dps) but it would seem they are definitely not as reliant on MF.

Hey could be wrong, but to me a Mechanic now looks like a very solid ranged option, especially for those without the mats (and yes there are people out there without the mats) to complete a Tier III TF.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Just so you dont think youre competing against me, I went and solo'd ranks today. 2 attempts.

My 1st attempt i died on giants. The red named boulder toss keeps knocking me down. So, i went and got toven cookies. This is without joy. I used tea when the giants wave started. Ignored first gnoll boss. I could shave off 3mins if I proc joy and  hotkeyed spell potions, fire shield, displace clickies, and weapon swap(my clickies are staves).

Still at over 15mins Im not breaking any speed records.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:29pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #71 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:26pm:
Just so you dont think youre competing against me, I went and solo'd ranks today. 2 attempts.

My 1st attempt i died on giants. The red named boulder toss keeps knocking me down. So, i went and got toven cookies. This is without joy. I used tea when the giants wave started. Ignored first gnoll boss. I could shave off 3mins if I proc joy and  hotkeyed spell potions, fire shield, displace clickies, and weapon swap(my clickies are staves).

http://i.imgur.com/GF6inFR.png

http://i.imgur.com/FEPNMD2.png

all of the accommodations you had to make for your time are exactly why these tests are completely stupid and meaningless.

For one thing, a solo speed record, like a solo red named Cabal record, only says how you perform under very experimental, highly controlled specific circumstances.

Notice how I've NEVER bragged that I can speed solo Breaking the Ranks or the Cabal faster than other people who do those tests?

It's because I don't. I don't run those tests. I don't change my enhancements and twists and ED's and gear and drink all of my special pots just to beat a speed record that has nothing to do with crushing a quest with some friends or pugs as fast as I can when I play DDO for real, not for internet ePeen cred.

I just don't get it. The best test of a build in my mind is in the wild, in groups, under varying circumstances, with an overall judgement of "does playing this person make content easier or harder? Faster or slower? Am I learning how to do things better in this game playing with them?"

These are the true tests of how well a build is built, as far as I am concerned. I literally don't give a shit about your solo speed records. I never built my throwers to beatr or exceed someones elses solo speed record. Since I don't play DDO for solo speed records EVER (it doesn't get me loot, it isn't a better way to level or TR, and isn't particularly fun for me), why the fuck would I concern myself with optimizing a build for it?

For the Red Named cabal test, I could easily change my EWD to Fury, redo my Enhancements to Take Slayer Arrows, and just use Manyshot with Slayer and Sniper Shot and boosts and pots and kill him in 5 Seconds. Why wouldn't I be able to? That's all a Monkcher does.

I'm pretty sure I could beat your time in Ranks, because this build absolutely curb-stomps trash which is most of that quest. Would probably have to juggle some things to increase survivability. Take lvl 12 core in acrobat for knockdown immunity.

So what? I don't play that way, I dont usually take those enhancements and twists, and it's no longer my build, it's my build heavily modified for speed record.

The problem we keep co,ing around to is that you think I'm full of shit because I do not give a rats ass about ePeen or proving my in game experience to you. Instead I offer it up objectively as pretty good damage model (see spreadsheet damage calcs I have previously shared) and relate to you my experiences anecdotally.

You all interpret that as being dishonest or braggy or something.

It's really just that I don't agree with what you think is important in a build, or how to prove that to you. Let that sink in. I think you're wrong to base build judgements on subjective and meaningless speed tests.

Read that again.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #72 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 4:27pm:
I think the problem is that the number of OP builds has gotten so large that people can't focus on one.  Throwers, X-bow mechanics, pallys, warlocks, bards, Barbs

Soooo funny.  It wasn't that long ago that this would have been a list of the most gimped builds/classes in the game (excepting Warlock, which didn't exist).  Just goes to show that 'moderation' is not in Turbine's dictionary (along with 'quality', 'humility', 'diligence', etc., etc.).
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:02pm by GooFY »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:00pm:
It's really just that I don't agree with what you think is important in a build, or how to prove that to you. Let that sink in. I think you're wrong to base build judgements on subjective and meaningless speed tests.

I dont think it's wrong at all. I could solo ranks with 5 other players standing at the gate. Do I make it easier for them? Sure. But by what measure? Im positive you could beat my time if you tried. But I dont think you have ever tried. Not that I have practiced many times. This was my actual first time trying to. I did it to show that while I may be good, Im not as good as the best. If you think you are, then go and set the record.

There are tons of quests times to measure up against. For me, I can tell how much better someone is just by watching a video of them. I guessed I would take over 12 mins without joy and estimate that with joy and everything going perfectly it would take me around 10 at my best time. That is a quantitative measure. Something tangible with the least amount of variables.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #74 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:26pm:

Darn, beat me by 4min on my Acrobat.
1st attempt, 1st toon though.

With the new gear and epl i have gotten the past weeks, gonna have to try again.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 5:31pm by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint