Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best Alchemical GxBow (Read 6481 times)
Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Best Alchemical GxBow
Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I am trying new mechanic and thus, I need decent weaponry.

SInce GxBows are basically nonexistent (one from AdQ, one from new pack, one from ToEE, I decided to craft an alchemical one (that crafting from LoB most of you propably already forgotten).

What combination do you think is the best?

I would guess:
1. all martial,
2. Flametouched
3. T1 Earth
4. T2 Air or Water (Water is more dmg, but Air gives dex)
5. T3 who gives an Uurlock....

any other ideas?

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Best Alchemical GxBow
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Ah, I forgot that GxBow knocks down on Vorpal, making GSP pretty much redundant.

That would mean that water could be a better choice for tier 1?

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Notice that going tier 3 will raise the weapon ML to 20

Heroic ToEE crossbow is level 7
GS is level 12
ADQ crossbow (storm) is level is level 12
Archon's trial crossbow is level 13

Even if you create an iconic how do you grind a 5 levels without any of the above?

Anyway..for tier 1 I'd probably chose earth or fire
http://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting

Earth has earthgrab too while fire has seeker 10. Water may seems nice but is basically like earth without earthgrab.

You could try making a T1, a T2 and a T3 but it takes 3 Xbows and lots of materials

EDIT
Now that I think of it, fire would be better since GXBows are slow so it translates to a small percentage of seeing earthgrab proc. Seeker 10 MAY be a better choice
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 3:17pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 3:13pm:
Notice that going tier 3 will raise the weapon ML to 20

Heroic ToEE crossbow is level 7
GS is level 12
ADQ crossbow (storm) is level is level 12
Archon's trial crossbow is level 13

Even if you create an iconic how do you grind a 5 levels without any of the above?

Anyway..for tier 1 I'd probably chose earth or fire
http://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting

Earth has earthgrab too while fire has seeker 10. Water may seems nice but is basically like earth without earthgrab.

You could try making a T1, a T2 and a T3 but it takes 3 Xbows and lots of materials

EDIT
Now that I think of it, fire would be better since GXBows are slow so it translates to a small percentage of seeing earthgrab proc. Seeker 10 MAY be a better choice

Thx for the response!

As far as level goes:

I will be crafting my xbow "on the go", I.E. I will start with lvl 16 wep and while leveling, upgrade it to lvl 18, respectively lvl 20.  SInce I am going to start as Iconic, I will only have to use some other GxBow for one level (I have GS repeater hidden somewhere so that will do). If that was not the case (And I didnt mentioned it), your point would be very valid though, so, thx.

Freezing Ice vs GSP - GSP procs on natural vorpal (I.E. when knockdown from GXB will proc, making it redundant), Freezing Ice has 5% chance to proc on any attack, making it equall in chance to proc, but making it relevant, since there is much smaller chance that it procs together with vorpal knockdown.

Ofc, its a good question if water is better than fire even when this considered. right now, my "selling point for water" is the fact, that on lvl 20, I will get my hands on tier 3 Ring of the stalker that has seeker 6.

Your thoughts?

ALso, I am undecided on Tier 2... Water/Air/Earth sounds all good for different reasons. le sigh.

Ah, nad I havemats for one Xbow. so... thats that.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Well, water is in theory better since it could proc even when you roll a 5 and still get the effect.

Tier 2 I would go Earth for 3 reasons:

1 - As stated in the guide the ability score increase is alchemical so in theory it will stack with every other bonus (when I hover with mouse over it it clearly states ENHANCEMENT tough) and a +2 constitution is always very appreciated

2 - Unlike the other elements it gives a blast bonus so it is always active and will proc on every single hit with added bonus of getting stronger based on the weapon multiplier (on this im not sure if  class enhancement will count). The other elemental abilities have a fixed chance to proc.

3 - Disintegration. Need anything else? The downside is that is procs around 2% of the time against the usual 6% of other effects.

Keep in mind that acid today seems to work on everything. Tier 2 would be a good slot for water too but you would lose the constitution bonus. Up to you.

Tier 3 is practically a stronger tier 2 bonus. Acid works against most of the monsters but you may want to take a side element just in case. Not really necessary tough.

If you plan to run Amrath  at level (the level 19 chain) DO NOT take fire.

Guess that's it pretty much. Im sure the others will have better tips than mine  Tongue

EDIT
The setup: Water, Earth, Earth will get you trough most content without too much trouble except for the druid chain where you face the swamp thingies. IIRC they are immune to acid. I usually keep the druid chain for first completion bonus on EE since it gives the worst heroic exp I've ever seen
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:11pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I would assume earth2 for disintegrate to be a given

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:29pm:
I am trying new mechanic and thus, I need decent weaponry.

SInce GxBows are basically nonexistent (one from AdQ, one from new pack, one from ToEE, I decided to craft an alchemical one (that crafting from LoB most of you propably already forgotten).

What combination do you think is the best?

I would guess:
1. all martial,
2. Flametouched
3. T1 Earth
4. T2 Air or Water (Water is more dmg, but Air gives dex)
5. T3 who gives an Uurlock....

any other ideas?

Fire-earth-fire is the combination with the highest dps.

For lvl 18, just do fire-earth.

Unless you're doing devils, in which case the above points make sense. And, yes, the ability bonus stacks. Twf people used to use alchemical in their offhand but it's not powerful enough anymore except in its lvl range.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 7:33pm by Hiding »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:04pm:
Well, water is in theory better since it could proc even when you roll a 5 and still get the effect.

Tier 2 I would go Earth for 3 reasons:

1 - As stated in the guide the ability score increase is alchemical so in theory it will stack with every other bonus (when I hover with mouse over it it clearly states ENHANCEMENT tough) and a +2 constitution is always very appreciated

2 - Unlike the other elements it gives a blast bonus so it is always active and will proc on every single hit with added bonus of getting stronger based on the weapon multiplier (on this im not sure if  class enhancement will count). The other elemental abilities have a fixed chance to proc.

3 - Disintegration. Need anything else? The downside is that is procs around 2% of the time against the usual 6% of other effects.

Keep in mind that acid today seems to work on everything. Tier 2 would be a good slot for water too but you would lose the constitution bonus. Up to you.

Tier 3 is practically a stronger tier 2 bonus. Acid works against most of the monsters but you may want to take a side element just in case. Not really necessary tough.

If you plan to run Amrath  at level (the level 19 chain) DO NOT take fire.

Guess that's it pretty much. Im sure the others will have better tips than mine  Tongue

EDIT
The setup: Water, Earth, Earth will get you trough most content without too much trouble except for the druid chain where you face the swamp thingies. IIRC they are immune to acid. I usually keep the druid chain for first completion bonus on EE since it gives the worst heroic exp I've ever seen

Aye, the water for tier 1 seems better thanks to that.

As for tier 2 earth, I think you are aboslutely correct.

As for tier 3, I just dont think it really matters. The only difference is damage type, they all do the same and all things considered, I believe acid is the one with least immunity.

The question ofc now is:

On lvl 20, I will start using this triple infused GxBow, with meteoric ruby slotted. But.... when am I going to swap it for something else? I want to use GxBow, not repeater (cause I hate that chip-chip-chip sound and I like the idea of GXBow)... so,  is it going to be alchemical until I get into the new Shavarath GxBow level range? Or is Cormyrean even something to consider?

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Ok, seems like I carry this alchemical till lvl 26, then swap it for ToEE Gxbow.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Im preparing a E.silver slinger for dealing with undeads  for when I'll TR my barb into a rogue.

Silver slinger is a GXbow coming from lords of dust chain and is undead specialized (it even bypass some of their fort and fire bludgeoning ammo for dealing with skellies)

You could try making a E.storm but good luck with that. You may have better chances fucking Adriana Lima  Tongue

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:40am
Print Post  
slinger is not iirc GxBow but heavy repeater

and concerning the effort to get decent alchemical is imho quite easier to get decent cormyrean one for ml 20 or 24 (esp if one have some xtra challenge stuff stashed)

otherwise while leveling I was pretty fine w just GC gxBow, later combined w slinger and doublecross, in epics eslinger and edoublecross, switching to tf heavy repeater and tf gxbow later

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Fuck, it's true.  Grin

Im gonna make one anyway. Im sure it will come in handy on a few occasions

That was really noobish of me  Tongue

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
slinger is heavy repeater tho uses model of great xbow so it can easily mislead people.

and yep its useful one - beating silver,good n blunt DR, plus weaken undead makes it quite good weapon for MoD

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:18am:
Ok, seems like I carry this alchemical till lvl 26, then swap it for ToEE Gxbow.

Your dps will suck if you do that. Better to find a good epic one or make a few eveningstar ones and choose which does the most damage. Are there no GXBs in low epics?

I could be wrong - Needle replaces my repeaters at 23 but from 20-23, it's quite painful to use the alchemical until then.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
how do you have the mats, do you solo lob or something??

no one runs those raids...

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
no one publicly does imho. I have couple guildies farming it mostly in two or three man groups

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:19am:

I solo LoB on en usually but I helped guildies getting at least one type of each ingredient while dooplaooza edict was still in act. Im confident you can figure everything else by yourself

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:19am:

I do. LoB requires just 3 ppl to have a pretty much 100% chance to finish. Few weeks ago, we finished it on EE in 5 ppl, without warlocks and except for one person, no one was capped.

LoB was made to be extremely challenging On level 20 Pre-destinies. Now, it is just technically difficult, but generally very doable.

MA is harder, because you need to pull several levers at once to acces the raid in the first place.... then again, as long as you have the item you want to imbue, there is really no reason to run it at all.

Edit: Also, on EN/HN LoB is absolutely soloable
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:49pm by Vic »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:27am:
no one publicly does imho. I have couple guildies farming it mostly in two or three man groups

Btw, za jakyho ses serveru kolego? Bydlime ve stejnym meste... nejaka sance ze jsi na Cannithu?

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:11am:
Your dps will suck if you do that. Better to find a good epic one or make a few eveningstar ones and choose which does the most damage. Are there no GXBs in low epics?

I could be wrong - Needle replaces my repeaters at 23 but from 20-23, it's quite painful to use the alchemical until then.

I havent done the precise math, but I THINK, that if you include meteoric star ruby, then Alchemical GxBow does better damage then any Cormyrean, no?

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Btw, za jakyho ses serveru kolego? Bydlime ve stejnym meste... nejaka sance ze jsi na Cannithu?

sorry, jsem na Argu

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Fuck mechanic...go assassin.

That is all.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:28am
Print Post  
If you are playing it on a pure mechanic not the pally/mechs your best choice for a GxB would hands down be a Radiance II greensteel. 

Your crits will blind every mob no matter what, and then the scaled sneak attack damage will kick in. With Improved precise shot it is the mechanic's AOE attack.

The no-save, no-timer, blindness will let a level 13 mechanic do 15D6 of sneak attack damage scaled by 33 ranged power almost at will with proper crit feats, and fortitude defeating gear.

You don't even need to grab the damage abilities on any of the greensteel tiers, instead grab +6 int, +1 excep int & +30% hamp. Use flaming/good/ice/etc.. ammo with fletching and you just freed up three slots for gear.

Once you equip that there is no point in unequipping it until your at least 20th, and only then if you rolled a really good Cormyian GxB, I run mine until lev 23.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:31am by »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:53pm:
I havent done the precise math, but I THINK, that if you include meteoric star ruby, then Alchemical GxBow does better damage then any Cormyrean, no?

Haven't got a clue.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:53pm:

well, i m looking mostly for imp paralyzing, lifestealing and such not pure dps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint