Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Turbine is hiring... (Read 10085 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Turbine is hiring...
Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:11am
Print Post  
... or is shuffling people that were on IC back towards DDO.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/463502-So-Windows-10-and-DirectX-12-DD...

Quote:
    Hey!

I've been doing the cautionary DDO/Windows 10 compatibility testing leading up to today's release and can say that we've encountered relatively few issues (as compared to past upgrades). We have had some small issues with downloading and installing the client fresh on a Windows 10 machine but nothing terribly disruptive.

Basically, I would feel generally safe to upgrade (atleast as far as DDO is concerned).

If you do have any issues feel free to submit reports via the link in my signature and mention Windows 10 in the subject so that they will easily get sorted to me.

I hope the upgrade goes swimmingly!

Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-29-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Yup! Having just set up my forums account I hadn't enabled the "show your signature" box. I am an idiot. =]

Cocomajobo has the Yellow Turbine Employee font... ( though not the Turbine Logo... he hasn't probably been told yet that he needs to put the logo ).
and has his home in DDO QA... Kookie is going to be happy to have somebody else to help him.  Roll Eyes

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine is hiring...
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:11am:
and has his home in DDO QA... Kookie is going to be happy to have somebody else to help him.  Roll Eyes

QA at turbine is a joke. Anyone in that department is a joke. Sometimes you just have to face facts.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:22am by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:49am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:21am:
QA at turbine is a joke. Anyone in that department is a joke. Sometimes you just have to face facts.

I won't disagree... It's just interesting to note that they've saddled Kookie ( the QA Team ) with a new guy that has no clue at how forum works nor that has no clue at how to interract with said forum... ( self estimating as a forum idiot )

I can't wait for the upcoming day when Cordovan, Steel, Severlin ( if he is still there ), Vargouille and Kookie will have to go into full damage control over his mistake.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:49am:
I can't wait for the upcoming day when Cordovan, Steel, Severlin ( if he is still there ), Vargouille and Kookie will have to go into full damage control over his mistake.

You mean where he accidentally admits they have no QA plan or even a clue about the game or its bugs?
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:41am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:21am:

I'm not sure that's fair. I imagine the QA job there is like trying to sweep a beach clean of sand.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:49am:
I won't disagree... It's just interesting to note that they've saddled Kookie ( the QA Team ) with a new guy that has no clue at how forum works nor that has no clue at how to interract with said forum... ( self estimating as a forum idiot )

Maybe, but on the other hand, maybe people will go easier on him if he admits forums aren't his core competency but he's trying. I know I'd tend to go a lot easier on somebody who came across as modest and trying than an arrogant prick like SeverancePay. SeverancePay makes a typo and I'd gladly mock him, this guy can't set his sig right, meh, no big deal.

Maybe by now the DDO community is so cynical and bitter that any show of weakness is blood in the water, but maybe we'd find the break from the standard "I know everything and you are just a dumb customer" refreshing enough that we'd give the guy a break.

I mean, hearing a Turbine employee say "I've got a lot to learn" should be almost as exciting as hearing a blond say "I'm feeling a bit tipsy", right?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
We have enough assholes that are good at playing the forums game, we need some that can actually nerd good.

Let me be more succinct. We have enough guys at turbine that schmoozed there way through IT school spending more time playing grab ass than actually learning how to code. That has been made clear in another thread about getting ass at work. You know the guy, this guy:

What we need more of are the guys that get nervous around girls, have no social skills and consider a nice relaxing evening with ones and zeroes to be heaven. You know this guy:

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 1:05pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:09am:
Maybe, but on the other hand, maybe people will go easier on him if he admits forums aren't his core competency but he's trying. I know I'd tend to go a lot easier on somebody who came across as modest and trying than an arrogant prick like SeverancePay. SeverancePay makes a typo and I'd gladly mock him, this guy can't set his sig right, meh, no big deal.

Maybe by now the DDO community is so cynical and bitter that any show of weakness is blood in the water, but maybe we'd find the break from the standard "I know everything and you are just a dumb customer" refreshing enough that we'd give the guy a break.

I mean, hearing a Turbine employee say "I've got a lot to learn" should be almost as exciting as hearing a blond say "I'm feeling a bit tipsy", right?

I think he hasn't been given THE LECTURE on the forum topic yet, which is why he sound human in his posts...

Once he gets THAT LECTURE given he will be like all the other...

Otherwise I agree...
Overall, with some notable exceptions, I think that if they weren't bound by assinine communication rules created long ago most of then would be decent people to chat with.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
Once he gets THAT LECTURE given he will be like all the other...

The one that involves Sev, Varg, and Cordo holding him down while Tolero shakes the small grub like thing out of the glass vial and onto his shoulder, where it crawls up to his ear? Yeah, you might be right about that.

Yeah, I don't really think all Turdbin employees are jerks, most of the BS probably does flow down from the top. Still, I find it refreshing to hear a Turbine employee say something that makes me like him, it's been a while since I've had that pleasure.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:40am:
You mean where he accidentally admits they have no QA plan or even a clue about the game or its bugs?

we all know the QA "plan."  release shit to lamma for exploit previews.  ignore lamma feedback.  release to live.  only address obvious easily fixed exploits reported by players.  patch X 5.  rinse. repeat.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:09pm:
The one that involves Sev, Varg, and Cordo holding him down while Tolero shakes the small grub like thing out of the glass vial and onto his shoulder, where it crawls up to his ear? Yeah, you might be right about that.

Yes THAT one. ( I got the Khan reference  ).

Cheesy

The simple fact that he doesn't have the Turbine Logo as forum avater means that he didn't have THE LECTURE.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:03pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure Cordovan stated in a recent Vid that he set up Coco's Forum account and that Coco has been with DDO in the background for some time.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:33pm:
Pretty sure Cordovan stated in a recent Vid that he set up Coco's Forum account and that Coco has been with DDO in the background for some time.

More posts like this, Fran.

Flav wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:01pm:
The simple fact that he doesn't have the Turbine Logo as forum avater means that he didn't have THE LECTURE.

Or, that Cordovan did a sloppy job of setting up the account.  Or Both. 

Also:  "Avatar"

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Employee benefits

Competitive compensation packages and benefits including a 401K plan with a generous company match

Flexible work environment

Private advanced screenings of WB movies

Free video games and movies

Game room

Free Fruit Tuesdays & Bagel Fridays

Chair Massages

Weekly dry cleaning pick up and delivery service

Local Food Trucks

Manicures & Pedicures

Regular brown bag learning sessions for all employees on a variety of game and industry related topics

http://www.turbine.com/careers

Seriously? Chair Massages ... Manicures and Pedicures ...

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:40pm:
we all know the QA "plan."  release shit to lamma for exploit previews.  ignore lamma feedback.  release to live.  only address obvious easily fixed exploits reported by players.  patch X 5.  rinse. repeat.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:19pm:
More posts like this, Fran.

Or, that Cordovan did a sloppy job of setting up the account.  Or Both. 

Also:  "Avatar"

All posts correcting Flav's spelling should be written in pristine French.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:01pm:

I wait these posts with anticipation...  Grin

( Pristine French is hard, even to a Native... )

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:01pm:

There was no non-Pristine French used in my post.

I have the TRACERTs to prove it.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:26pm:
There was no non-Pristine French used in my post.

I have the TRACERTs to prove it.

I don't give a fuck about a trace route right now...
I'm more interested in why a fucking mac address ( 00:09:0F:... ) is not propagated from a CPE somewhere in Britany to Paris in a L2VPN... And why every fucking thing we tried to fix that failed... We only have a few sledgehammer solutions left ( and that's for tomorrow night ) : Restard the backbone cards, restart the whole router...

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 3:56am:
Seriously? Chair Massages ... Manicures and Pedicures ...

It's actually code for manhandling Turbine employees.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  

I particularly like how the brown bag sessions are touted as a benefit.

In my experience, these things are attended on your own time and offer minimimal, if any, value. As such, attendance hovers around zero, so management wll make it part of your growth/development plan: "attend at least 1 brown bag session per month." Incidentally, the "instructors" (typically your coworkers) are only instructing because their management made it part of their development plan. Which explains the lack of value.

So this "benefit" is nothing more than a mandatory waste of your personal time.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
My favorite is the food trucks - they got a couple of sweaty guys in stained tank tops, one with a hotdog cart and one with a pretzel cart, parked in the handicap spots outside the office for an hour a day. Yay, Turbine. I'm surprised they didn't just go for "Vending machines, refilled weekly"

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 5:01pm:

In my experience, these things are attended on your own time and offer minimimal, if any, value. As such, attendance hovers around zero, so management wll make it part of your growth/development plan: "attend at least 1 brown bag session per month." Incidentally, the "instructors" (typically your coworkers) are only instructing because their management made it part of their development plan. Which explains the lack of value.

same with the massages and dry cleaning pickup/drop off.  places I've worked no one uses them because you have to pay for the dry cleaning and the masseuses are shkeevy.

you want to work for a company with sweet perks?  work here.

though probably not so appealing if you are a typical lazy fat-assed out of shape IT drone or computer jockey.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2015 at 8:01pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  

I'm thinking "Brown bag" has a different meaning in the US.

When someone says "brown bag" here, they're either referring to leaving dog poop on your door, or someone so ugly they need a "bag to cover their head".

A "Brown bag" session would not be regarded as a positive over here......
Huh
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:01pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  

Hey, Scott Adams! I didn't know it was you! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint