Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Turbine is hiring... (Read 10094 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Turbine is hiring...
Reply #25 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:33pm:
I'm thinking "Brown bag" has a different meaning in the US.

When someone says "brown bag" here, they're either referring to leaving dog poop on your door, or someone so ugly they need a "bag to cover their head".

A "Brown bag" session would be regarded as a positive over here......
Huh

Your definitions apply over here as well. Corporations often seem determined to repurpose terms that make normal people snicker.

The corporate meaning here is "held during your lunch break, on your own time, food will not be provided."

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Turbine is hiring...
Reply #26 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 3:35pm:
Your definitions apply over here as well. Corporations often seem determined to repurpose terms that make normal people snicker.

The corporate meaning here is "held during your lunch break, on your own time, food will not be provided."

We have worse in Frog Administration... Namely : The Education Nationale ( French Education Administration )

They use terms like apprendre à se déplacer dans un millieu aquatique standardisé profond.
( Literal translation : learn to move in a deep aquatic medium )

what it means ( once it's been translated for commoners ): learn to swim in a swimming pool.

And that's just one of the many pearls the administration managed to produce regarding what to teach and how to teach it.
Even most of the teacher at the operational end ( those that will have to put that in application ) are baffled by the formulation.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint