Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Incompetent. (Read 6267 times)
davenot
Ex Member

Incompetent.
Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
How hard is it to post the patch notes when servers go down? This imbecile posts that patch notes will be available during down-time but never manages to post them for hours.

Take today for example, it's not as though the patch is being done at some ungodly hour is it?  At 9am, it should be the first thing that bloated overpaid fanboi does.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Incompetent.
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
How hard is it to post the patch notes when servers go down? This imbecile posts that patch notes will be available during down-time but never manages to post them for hours.

Take today for example, it's not as though the patch is being done at some ungodly hour is it?  At 9am, it should be the first thing that bloated overpaid fanboi does.   

hi welcome

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:13am
Print Post  
heh, very likely they are still working on some bug repairs atm so they are not sure which ones make it into release and which ones nope - like we got any time complete list of changes:)

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:16am
Print Post  
its even more funny for me, as I m working for game company. sure we do patches for our game, everyone does.
but we re able to post release notes week before release, so fans could know what to expect.

Oh, and that week (or more depending on load of changes) is spent on testing:)

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
It's because they didn't actually "fix" anything.  It's just a fake patch to falsely boost confidence.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
After giving it some thought over the years I've come to one inescapable conclusion concerning when the patch notes or release notes get posted.  I envision their work process like this...

** If you have a short attention span skip to steps 9 and 10**

Step 1: Turbine creates code written by letting trained monkeys dance on a keyboard until something that would pass as MS Dos or Basic shows up. 

Step 2: Turbine releases said code on Lameanalya.  Since none of the gear, plat, favor, or XP is transferable in any way to your main account, nor are there any rewards of value given for participation on the test server, the actual player testing value is missed.  The reality is that most the player testing happening on Lameanalya is from players checking to see what exploits might work with the changes.

Step 4: Turbine is still clueless, but they make the new content live anyway, hoping for the best.  In most business models this would be akin to shoving your penis through a hole you found in a fence, praying that the woman of your dreams will walk by, see your offering and treat it well on the other side.

Step 5: After realizing that there was only an ugly dog with rabies on the other side of that fence Turbine employees frantically start writing patches and anti-cheater code.  Some fat-ass starts patrolling the boards, locking or deleting threads in an attempt at damage control while blaming the players for this mess.

Step 7: They release the code, after carefully selecting the most inconvenient time to shut downs the servers.  Nobody actually knows what's in this jumble of code and patch, but there's no time to worry about that.

Step 9: Once the patch is uploaded somebody with the reading comprehension of a 5 year old quickly glances at the code and then writes up a "Release Notes:" for the players.

Step 10: Turbine employees flip the switch to open the servers several hours later than anticipated.  This is hailed as a resounding success all around, even if, just like this list, several key steps were missed.

I believe this is how and why the release notes come so late in the process of patching and new releases.  I honestly think that over in Turbine land they either have no clue what is in their code sock or they aren't sure what parts of it will even work. 

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
ad step2) I always thought its easy build testing server:)

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
You just admitted to doing something Turbine does not... "testing". That falls to the user to do.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:42am:
You just admitted to doing something Turbine does not... "testing". That falls to the user to do.

sorry, we cant help ourselves - we love our product:)

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 9:40am:
hi welcome

m4lacka, you've been around long enough to know the proper form Wink

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:43pm:

Unless I am a newbie's previous sock.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:43pm:

I thought the proper form was to be corrected by Arkat.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 3:35pm:

Good point.  Criticism withdrawn.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  

Skoodge wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 3:41pm:
Good point.  Criticism withdrawn. 

Protocol is paramount.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 6:51pm
Print Post  

Nah. Am too lazy.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 6:51pm:
Nah. I am too lazy.

Wink
Ftfy

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
That's like, three in-jokes already, and we're only on the first page.

Arkat wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 6:51pm:
Nah. Am too lazy.

PM Epoch for the Hi Welcome correction exploit.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Hijacking the 3D just to point out they are motherfucking incompetents

Tried the raid again after the supposed fix and lagged even worse than before only with rebounding abishai executioners. Went on a EH run and lagwiped. After that a normal run where almost the same thing happened.

Can they get a SINGLE fucking thing right? Bunch of amateurs with no respect for their own job. /whine mode: off

That's all I have to share right now  Tongue

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 5:33am
Print Post  
To be fair, according to the Dilbert work to reward scale, these fellows are cleaning it up.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
Wink
Ftfy

Verified.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

longbolts
Dirty Sock

I Love Socks!

Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 9:50am
Print Post  
how pissed would you be if your dick hung down so low it touched  toilet water every time you took a shit ? nigger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint