Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1st arcane EPL? (Read 8127 times)
Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

1st arcane EPL?
Aug 13th, 2015 at 7:54am
Print Post  
About to take my 1st arcane epic past life.  I'm leaning towards arcane alacrity but am considering the crit % as well.  I'm focusing on usability and applicability to multiple classes/lives.  (Planning a cleric life and barb life next to finally wrap up completionist.)

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: 1st arcane EPL?
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 7:54am:
About to take my 1st arcane epic past life.  I'm leaning towards arcane alacrity but am considering the crit % as well.  I'm focusing on usability and applicability to multiple classes/lives.  (Planning a cleric life and barb life next to finally wrap up completionist.)

crit or enchant weapon i wud say.

problem with alacrity is that tier 1 not enuf, tier 3, still useless.

Most of ur spells have a cooldown of like 4-8 sec. even if it rounds up, u merely save 1 second. As for PW kill or implo/wail of banshee: I think it matters for thsoe spells, but until lvl 17, i wud say arcane alacrity is useless most of the time.

Important note: crit chance is bugged, after logout, u lose the bonus it gives, and while it will be turned on upon login, u wont get the % bonus till u turn it off/ on again

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

GodOfWar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Obviously energy criticals.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
crit wud be my vote:S

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:55am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:11am:
Important note: crit chance is bugged, after logout, u lose the bonus it gives, and while it will be turned on upon login, u wont get the % bonus till u turn it off/ on again

Thank god they fixed the text on Eternal haste pot, and left this unimportant bug!     Undecided

Must be WAI!!!    Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Enchant weapon or crt.  Agree with the previous.  The alacrity doesn't really do much for most spells.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Crit.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
The critical past life bonus for certain.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
If you are sure your "final" life will be caster ( or at least for a while ) I'd choose Energy crits.
If not, Enchant Weapon would be universal option.
Brace/Double Strike/Enchant/Fast Healing ( although most people have Colors already ) is all around best for variety of classes / builds.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
But an interesting question rises: does the EPL alacrity stack with magister tier 4 15% (for specific spell school) bonus? would cooldown be like reduced 0.9x0.85  or 100-25% reduction?

Although, not sure if i wud notice the WoB or implo or pw kill cooldown expiring by the time it expires, wud be too busy using rez cakes in epic casual!

Wow.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I took 2xsaves, 2xskills, and 2xcolors so far.  Looks like I'll do 2xspell crits next with this life and cleric life.  Barb life can get a third somewhere.  Will have to think about what class to take after completionist to get the last 3 epic past lives for epic completionist.  Halfling throwers seem entertaining enough on paper for a couple passes at least.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:11pm:
I took 2xsaves, 2xskills, and 2xcolors so far.  Looks like I'll do 2xspell crits next with this life and cleric life.  Barb life can get a third somewhere.  Will have to think about what class to take after completionist to get the last 3 epic past lives for epic completionist.  Halfling throwers seem entertaining enough on paper for a couple passes at least.

if you are saying u wanna grab doubleshot: meh, I barely used it.

Wow.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:13pm:
if you are saying u wanna grab doubleshot: meh, I barely used it.

No, saying I could entertain myself with grinding out at least two more epic past lives with a halfling thrower to round out the stacks of three.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:20pm:
No, saying I could entertain myself with grinding out at least two more epic past lives with a halfling thrower to round out the stacks of three.

Damn my crappy telepathy!

Wow.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 6:55am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:06pm:
Although, not sure if i wud notice the WoB or implo or pw kill cooldown expiring by the time it expires, wud be too busy using rez cakes in epic casual!

Oh, that is a like a paper cut and lemon juice M4 - just nasty that is!   Undecided

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 8:11am:
crit or enchant weapon i wud say.

problem with alacrity is that tier 1 not enuf, tier 3, still useless.

Most of ur spells have a cooldown of like 4-8 sec. even if it rounds up, u merely save 1 second. As for PW kill or implo/wail of banshee: I think it matters for thsoe spells, but until lvl 17, i wud say arcane alacrity is useless most of the time.

False.

Cooldowns are not rounded to the second.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:06pm:
But an interesting question rises: does the EPL alacrity stack with magister tier 4 15% (for specific spell school) bonus? would cooldown be like reduced 0.9x0.85  or 100-25% reduction?

They stack.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #17 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 1:52pm:
If you are sure your "final" life will be caster ( or at least for a while ) I'd choose Energy crits.
If not, Enchant Weapon would be universal option.
Brace/Double Strike/Enchant/Fast Healing ( although most people have Colors already ) is all around best for variety of classes / builds.

This. Enchant might be nice for your barb life too.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #18 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:30am:
False.

Cooldowns are not rounded to the second.

I was merely guessing, and you make my post look like i was trying to misguide people. Huh

Wow.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:49am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:27am:
I was merely guessing, and you make my post look like i was trying to misguide people. Huh

You make it sound like you were not?

casting 10% more spells > 9 universal spellpower > 10% damage to some spells some of the time

Unless you're strictly melee. Then it's obviously enchant.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:57am
Print Post  
get the energy critical stacked x3. dont listen to paper warriors spouting off. if you want proof then look at the achievements section on the main forums. anybody who's somebody already knows and they dont use spell alacrity on their casters when setting speed records.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:57am:
get the energy critical stacked x3. dont listen to paper warriors spouting off. if you want proof then look at the achievements section on the main forums. anybody who's somebody already knows and they dont use spell alacrity on their casters when setting speed records.

Well, if Energy Critical is bugged again, then my advice above is void.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:59am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:07am:
Well, if Energy Critical is bugged again, then my advice above is void.

bugged in the bad way only. not beneficially. why would players that test themselves against records and their own personal times to improve themselves, largely ignore the other epic past life feats on their casters. Look at all the speed runs on youtube and check their hotbars. not one of them uses anything but energy critical.

Is it because they dont have access to alacrity? or is that they eschewed it in favor of energy critical? mind you, these same players test vigorously for the slightest edge. On lama and on live in quests trying to set the fastest times. I have very little doubt that those same players when soloing for record times, are missing something as easy to test as active past life feats.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:32am
Print Post  
As described it is garbage. If you don't want to say any more, then we can leave it at that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:37am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:32am:
As described it is garbage. If you don't want to say any more, then we can leave it at that.

there isnt any beneficial bug working in favor for the players on energy critical. least not that i know of. only thing I know is what i see. and everyone who smashes time records uses energy crits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint