Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) I'm pretty easy going with my game play.... but... (Read 10889 times)
Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: I'm pretty easy going with my game play.... but...
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I don't even get why they cant distribute named loot from ToA same way as for necro IV. I ve read lot of people arguing the loot was passed quite easily (funny one of those post was from guy who got his belt of TR only thanks to my guildie advice) - but I don't think so. the number of items is quite big, so if one or two items appear on chain list u still have quite small chance of getting what are u looking for. And we re still speaking about people playing one toon. I play ten and I want them stuffed all...and its pretty hard these days with such droprates as we have.
Even more the loot is bta, so there s not danger market will be flooded by those items - so I really don't know where is the problem. well, actually yeah. we all know

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:11pm:
They want to kill static loot rewards on 3rd or 20th... They want to kill it HARD. It got rebuked last year by the PC, and let say that some people were grumy at how vehemently it was rebuked. I'm certain they are going to try to sneak it at some point ( they might have done it already ) through the 2015 council because they were really really keen to have that change.

Wow, just when I thought they couldn't be any stupider and still feed themselves, they find a way to lower the bar a little further.

What do they think is going to keep people running these quests? Do they plan to boost drop rates by a factor of 1000? Pass out token you buy the gear with? I guess the commendations of villagers/druids/war mages/bartenders/pink faries or whatever aren't too bad, but I can't see ever running ADQ again if there was no 20th reward. I have trouble even running Dreaming Dark and that's only every 3. OK, maybe ADQ is a bad example, I think I remember liking it the first bazillion runs, but I still run it when I'm bored to get alts run count towards a shot at Torc and I wouldn't if I had to live with the craptastic normal drop rate.

Ah, if only beer makers worked as hard to help me curb my alcohol consumption as Turdbin works to help me curb my gaming  Undecided

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 2:10pm:
Ah, if only beer makers worked as hard to help me curb my alcohol consumption as Turdbin works to help me curb my gaming

I don't think even an American beer company could fuck up beer as badly as Turbine has fucked up DDO.  A cat food flavored beer maybe...

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
They want to kill static loot rewards on 3rd or 20th... They want to kill it HARD. It got rebuked last year by the PC, and let say that some people were grumy at how vehemently it was rebuked. I'm certain they are going to try to sneak it at some point ( they might have done it already ) through the 2015 council because they were really really keen to have that change.

Did they add any specific reason to this? Stupid people usually add some kind of stupid reason to their stupid decisions. So Flav, did they gave you some kind of stupid reason? Would explain a lot for us. Really!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:20pm:
I don't think even an American beer company could fuck up beer as badly as Turbine has fucked up DDO.  A cat food flavored beer maybe...

LOL, catfood flavored beer would be about right! Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:23pm:
Did they add any specific reason to this? Stupid people usually add some kind of stupid reason to their stupid decisions. So Flav, did they gave you some kind of stupid reason? Would explain a lot for us. Really

They were thwarted from doing it by DDO players. They don't need a reason any more. Now it's about revenge.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Maybe that was Sev who wanted to kibosh 20th rewards, I heard he got "moved". If they kill 20th rewards there will be no reson to continue playin for me  Undecided

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:58pm:
They were thwarted from doing it by DDO players. They don't need a reason any more. Now it's about revenge.

I can't decide if I should laugh or cry. That's so crazy but it fits perfectly  Undecided

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:12pm:
I can't decide if I should laugh or cry. That's so crazy but it fits perfectly  Undecided

If you can still laugh, Turbine hasn't won yet.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #34 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 4:58pm:

By this point I picture Sev's first day on the job starting with 'You know what move I loved?  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  With that in mind, here's my ideas for DDO...'

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:24pm:
By this point I picture Sev's first day on the job starting with 'You know what move I loved?  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  With that in mind, here's my ideas for DDO...'

#GeorgeLucasIsMyHero

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #36 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
chuky wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:00pm:
Maybe that was Sev who wanted to kibosh 20th rewards, I heard he got "moved". If they kill 20th rewards there will be no reson to continue playin for me  Undecided

If they killed 20th completion rewards while upping that drop rates for named loot in raids, that'd be ok depending on how much they boosted the drop rates.

If they dropped the 20th completion reward list without increasing the drop rate, they will absolutely kill raiding. They would also kill their raid timer reset sales.

They should leave it as it is so folks can actually get what they want and Turbine can still sell their raid timer resets.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:45pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #37 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  

The question is why?  Why do they want to remove it?
How do they think it will improve the game?

Are they listening to the 3 or 4 uber-ultra-leet players left in the game who think it is weak sauce to obtain your raid items with less than 500 runs?

What they should be looking at is why players still play old raids for fun, but most recent ones are dead. 
Most recent raids are annoying obstacles between the players and desired loot.
As soon as they get that loot or it gets superseded, the raid becomes redundant.  Instead of making the raids fun or challenging, they instead make the loot drops more rare so if you have to grind the shit out of it.  Again, not fun.
I think they have pushed the hurdle bar so high, that many don't even try.
I know that was my approach to TOEE - loot that I saw little value in combined with absurd grind made me avoid it.

I enjoy HH and rerun it for fun, even though there is nothing I need.
Miior is still a PITA for my Melee, but one day I'll nail her.

What we have is bunch of computer geeks trying to be creative while entrenched in the technical aspects of the game, which is always going to be hard, especially when they have little to no experience with playing the game itself.  This comes across as a by-the-numbers job for them.

They actually need to either get someone with some creative flair (eg. we Greenwood for HH) or listen to the player base for ideas.  Sure, they can set all the game parameters, but listen to the ideas boyz.  Even then, I'm sure they'll frack it up.

My only hope is they move away from the 3 month tick-tock cycle and deliver U28 when it's ready.  We all know it has to come out before Xmas though, so we're gonna get bug-ridden half assed shite for Epic Vale.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 12:35am
Print Post  
If Kissinger worked for Turdbin:

Military men Our customers are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy for quick cash and product testing .”

I honestly can't wait until the open beta is over and we get the final product, AKA maintenance mode. Sad

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 2:26am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:37pm:
Wow, if that's true, that's just... that would probably make me stop playing, guild or no guild.

Gringo wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:43pm:
I guess that would be last straw for quite lot of people.

That's what we basically told them....

Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 2:10pm:
What do they think is going to keep people running these quests? Do they plan to boost drop rates by a factor of 1000?

No, but the alibi was to raise the drop rates... see below.

Artorias wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 3:23pm:
Did they add any specific reason to this? Stupid people usually add some kind of stupid reason to their stupid decisions. So Flav, did they gave you some kind of stupid reason?

Arkat wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:45pm:
If they killed 20th completion rewards while upping that drop rates for named loot in raids, that'd be ok depending on how much they boosted the drop rates.

If they dropped the 20th completion reward list without increasing the drop rate, they will absolutely kill raiding. They would also kill their raid timer reset sales.

DropBear wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:54pm:
The question is why?  Why do they want to remove it?

The alibi was to increase the drop rate... To the point that by the time you had run the 20 runs you were relatively sure to loot one raid named item.
The important thing : one raid named item.. NOT THE raid named item you want and can have with the 20th list... for that you would have had to keep running
until said item dropped for you... It's not the relatively sure as that one is tied to luck... The math they showed us were around 95% sure to get something by the 20th run...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 2:26am:
The alibi was to increase the drop rate... To the point that by the time you had run the 20 runs you were relatively sure to loot one raid named item.
The important thing : one raid named item.. NOT THE raid named item you want and can have with the 20th list... for that you would have had to keep running
until said item dropped for you... It's not the relatively sure as that one is tied to luck... The math they showed us were around 95% sure to get something by the 20th run...

So they didn't run the math on the existing system? The only game play element they've been developing is Fabulous! Prizes! What was their plan for selling Fewer! Fabulous! Prizes! ?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 7:46am
Print Post  

OMG, 20 runs for a "you'll probably get something, but it probably won't be the thing you were after"?! And they thought that was good enough? Or even a little bit good?

I haven't been very supportive of the PC, but good catch, and thank you for stepping up to the plate. That would have been a disaster.

Who Cares wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 12:35am:
I honestly can't wait until the open beta is over and we get the final product, AKA maintenance mode. Sad

My sentiments exactly. Year after year now they take 2 steps back for every step forward, if they just stopped moving they'd be ahead. I'm really looking forward to Maint Mode, I can't wait for it to get here.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:17am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:54pm:

You already know the answer. They have not improved the game in years, that is not their goal. They have only one standing order, to generate more ddo store sales at any cost.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 6:45pm:
Option 3: They forgot cause they don't give a fuck

Option 4: They didn´t forgot but they still don´t give a fuck.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #44 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Higher drop rates also mean more stuff up for roll, but yeah that proposal sucked.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #45 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  

Call me cynical, but I wouldn't trust any maths produced by Turdbine.    Undecided
As an example of their maths in action, look at their fix for Crucible.....
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #46 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 7:46am:
I'm really looking forward to Maint Mode, I can't wait for it to get here.

Unfortunately Meursault, I think they've gone past the point where Maint Mode would be acceptable.  The imbalances they have created between classes, enhancements and ED's as well as all the broken shit which is piled up.  I wonder if they could ever fix it on a Maint mode budget?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #47 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:18am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
I wonder if they could ever fix it on a Maint mode budget?

You really think if they had a huge budget it would matter?

Just saying:

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #48 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:18am:
You really think if they had a huge budget it would matter?

Just saying:

http://www.quality-wars.com/wp-content/uploads/monkey-on-computer.jpg

Good point.  IC comes to mind....     Undecided

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #49 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 1:47am
Print Post  
This guy is also easy going

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464225-Jihadists-on-DDO

Yep. Have pics taken of conversation, So I expanded to get whole thing on one screen shot not my screen shot thing screwed. Not the prob. I will report the Lebenaneesse to the FBI. BE CAREFUL. THEY ARE HERE. I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS I PLAYED ALONG. Funny how if I gave name Id be in trouble. Its an OD JOB on argo to do this. A Very OD-Job. Od of a JOB dont you think? An Ob Job in Lebannon. Something is wrong. Very wrong. Its OD. But isnt that our job? I cant post conversation here. How Od. Maybe I can send conversation ?

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2015 at 1:49am by Bigdickrichguy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint