Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Damage Action Boost Does Nothing for Thrown? (Read 3786 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Damage Action Boost Does Nothing for Thrown?
Aug 24th, 2015 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
I just got done testing on the ship dummy with both LD Damage Boost and Deep Wood Sniper Damage boost, and neither seem to be doing anything for Shuriken base damage. If it is doing anything, it's so minuscule it is completely unnoticeable.

Any one notice or care to check on a thrower if they have one? I'll bug report it if anyone else can confirm it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Damage Action Boost Does Nothing for Thrown?
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Assassin Ranged Power boost seems to work fine, so it's specific to Action Boost damage boosts, not just any action boost.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Been a known problem since the first U26 patch. But the first I heard about it was last month when that off-hand proc list and ROF package was PM'd around.

There is a work-around I had assumed was public knowledge. 
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 12:33am by Grand »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
It's a pain but can be worth it situationally, the same way the old archer-focus stacks into melee damage could be worth the effort before they fixed it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
so whats the workaround for Action Boost damage on ranged? Switch weapons?

Edit: yes workaround is to have non throing weapon equipped, hit boost, switch to throwing weapon,
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:19pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:10pm:

Edit: yes workaround is to have non throing weapon equipped, hit boost, switch to throwing weapon,

Well that's one way you could do it.. if you were a retard who wanted to lose precious DPS every 30 seconds, or you could PM Forest.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:36pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:35pm:
Well that's one way you could do it.. if you were a retard who wanted to lose precious DPS every 30 seconds, or you could PM Forest.

Considering how often I am swapping to Tensers scrolls, it's actually unnoticeable, it also ensures I use Tensers and AB together anyway.

You're still the retard king
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:08pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:08pm:
You're still the retard king

Oh really? that's funny because you're the one who only just realized he wasn't getting 30% boost yesterday, two months late.  What a sad little loser.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:26pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:25pm:
Oh really? that's funny because you're the one who only just realized he wasn't getting 30% yesterday, two months late.

I hadn't been using it.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
How about this once you just own up to being uninformed and move on, instead of wasting another week trying to rewrite your mistakes and ignorance in a effort to save face and dig yourself in deeper.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:31pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:31pm:
How about this once you just own up to being uninformed and move on, instead of wasting another week trying to rewrite your mistakes and ignorance in a effort to save face and dig yourself in deeper.

I'm officially renaming you Delusions of Grand

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Sorry, little late to this party. Does this mean it affects Human Damage Boost as well?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:31pm:

It's in a thread where he's asking. That's pretty much owning up to not knowing in the original post.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:02am:
It's in a thread where he's asking. That's pretty much owning up to not knowing in the original post.

No. Read closly it's a thread where he started by telling everyone about a bug, a bug most of us already knew about. So no, not the same thing at all.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:11am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:47pm:
I'm officially renaming you Delusions of Grand

Once again why? because you're the one who only just realized he wasn't getting 30% boost yesterday, two months late.  What a sad little loser, you get embarrassed for ignorance about a game mechanic and then spend all the following posts trying to call other people dumb/retard/delusional?

Pathetic  Grin 

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 10:10pm:

That's not the work-around, in fact it's a pretty gimp solution that wastes lots of time and tanks DPS, but then I notice that when that was pointed out to you, that instead of just asking civily for some help you get a big chip on your shoulder and post this:

harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:08pm:
Considering how often I am swapping to Tensers scrolls, it's actually unnoticeable, it also ensures I use Tensers and AB together anyway.

Which is of course totally inaccurate, which you know because at the same time your posting this on the motherboard:

Jakeelala wrote:
Quote:
One workaround is to equip a non-throwing weapon, hit boost, and switch to your thrower, which works great except for all the time lost and wasted doing all of that for a boost that should just work.

So tell me if I have this right, someone points out how much of a time waster your work-around for the problem is here on the vault, and your response is to make one of your trademark snarky little posts claiming that it's "unnoticeable", right? But then over on the motherboard you post complaining about all the time that is "lost and wasted".

WTF is your problem man? seriously? you are so desperate to never look wrong or in need of info that you would pull this kind of nonsense?

Never mind, I already know the answer: You really are that Vain. I know because you have pulled the same thing several times in the short time I have been reading the Vault.

What I can't understand is how you were so dim that you didn't think someone would notice how you said two totally different things on the two sites for the sake of how it makes you look?

here is the link from DDo forums your quote is from the boobies.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464634-Bug-Action-Boost-(Damage)-does-...

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Grand, nice to know you have another sock, davenot.

And obviously I am going to turn up the whining in a mainboard thread for devs and fanbois to see than I am here. In reality, it isn't the end of the world it's mostly just inconvenient for Action Boost. For Adrenaline it's a much bigger deal since it's not a 20 second boost it's a single attack.

Fuck yourself.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:53pm:
Grand, nice to know you have another sock, davenot.

And obviously I am going to turn up the whining in a mainboard thread for devs and fanbois to see than I am here. In reality, it isn't the end of the world it's mostly just inconvenient for Action Boost. For Adrenaline it's a much bigger deal since it's not a 20 second boost it's a single attack.

Fuck yourself.

So to be clear, you lied.

Also, I'm not a sock, instead I'm just another one of what appears to be many people that thinks you're a tool. I imagine it stings a little less to pretend that they are all one guy/girl.

Please keep in mind that this is two threads now that I have been involved in where you felt the need to attempt to preen and posture like a expert that you're not, and then started insulting everyone when that didn't work out for you.

So, as in the one before, I'm cutting my losses and dropping from this thread. Because while I'm willing to help and share with info with others, I'm not willing to play these games you seem obsessed with.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:11pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
you're obsessive stalking me and my threads again Hag

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So to be clear, you lied.

Wow Noclueclue, you got hammered by the same uptight noob twice in a month, no wonder you want to call him Hags. 

Granted this wasn't as good as when he just destroyed you in that mortal fear thread, but it was still pretty tasty.

You must breath a sigh of relief when guys like him post pompous holier than thou shit like "I'm done with this thread and blah blah blah". Me? I always roll my eyes, when some stiff like Davespot lets a bullshitter like you off the hook, I mean it's not like you will ever learn or stop acting like a stupid attention seeking cunt, but watching you try to dismiss a slam after the fact is half the fun of burning you.

Their loss.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 9:51pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint