Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Testing invites (Read 3181 times)
davenot
Ex Member

Testing invites
Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Hi all not sure if this should be on the builds section or not, but here goes.

Myself and some buddies on Ghallanda are going to be running a whole suite of build tests the weekend after the next patch, so Sep. 5th is the most likely date. It usually takes a couple of hours but the more testers the faster it goes, so I'm extending a invite to anyone who would like to join us. Everyone involved will get a PDF with all the results when we are done plus any "helpful" tips shared.

You would need capped toons, ideally ranged, melee or warlock spec'd. Not a problem if they are not fully geared out. Send me a PM if you want in. We are going to try and start around noon EST.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:31pm by »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Testing invites
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi all not sure if this should be on the builds section or not, but here goes.

Myself and some buddies on Ghallanda are going to be running a whole suite of build tests the weekend after the next patch, so Sep. 5th is the most likely date. It usually takes a couple of hours but the more testers the faster it goes, so I'm extending a invite to anyone who would like to join us. Everyone involved will get a PDF with all the results when we are done plus any "helpful" tips shared.

You would need capped toons, ideally ranged, melee or warlock spec'd. Not a problem if they are not fully geared out. Send me a PM if you want in. We are going to try and start around noon EST.

What if we're not on G-land, are just a nice person, and would like a PDF?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Actually you would be as surprised as I was by how much results can vary server to server so our results may not be that much use to you Meat-head, sucks I know.

What server are you on? send me a PM there are more similar groups testing on most servers now I can maybe give you a contact person for your server.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
meat this is another Grand/Yard sock

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:52pm:

Simple answer? -In a effort to protect your feelings, you would like to pretend that everyone who points out when you are wrong or acting like a child is part of some conspiracy, or socks.

I can't speak for others, but I really don't have time for your personal insecurities Vag and drama, if your not interested in the testing go ruin some other thread, and leave us in peace.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:52pm:

WGAF? Testing is good.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

dojhs
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I am intrested, but since i still dont know how to send a PM  Tonguei will post my guild and toons here, i dont think it will a problem unless you either dont understand irony or are a gay and retarded sock, i dont think you are any of them, are you?  Cheesy so here we go :

server: gayllanda

guild: faggot master sock army

toons: istuffmypantswithsocks
          iamaliyingcunt
          isuckatliying
          ilickmyownballs

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2015 at 1:08pm by dojhs »  

[] wrote on Oct 28th, 2015 at 10:32pm:
You seem upset Yardarm, why?  Is it because you can only take a Yard of a man's Arm up your ass when getting fisted, you  fake-tought, leather-waring, macho-man, Blue Oyster tango dancing, Village People wanna be faggot?

[] wrote on Oct 28th, 2015 at 10:40pm:
You're the multi-sock faggot tthat just got exposed.  With all your socking, you must have no (none, zero [0]) life.  Takes alot of time, don it?

[] wrote on Oct 28th, 2015 at 9:29pm:
Everyone keeps PM-ing me teling me what a fucking dumbass you are, and that I shouldn't even acknowledge you.  Furthermore, they say you're just jumping on the jock-ride-KinNigNog's-nuts bandwagon in a futile, pathetic, worm-like attempt to improve your own standing in this "community' (FUCK LOL!) and that I should ignore you.

By everyone, I mean the hissing sound that comes outta my dick .5 secs. before taking a piss that led me to call it "The King Cobra."

Faggot.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:03am
Print Post  
I don't understand why you need people to test your builds and why the results vary from server to server.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:03am:
I don't understand why you need people to test your builds and why the results vary from server to server.

It's to test enhancements, rof, feats, new combos, etc.... all which change patch to patch. It's not to test "my builds" People do the testing so that they have genuinely accurate data regarding game mechanics and results that they can use to make new builds or fine-tune existing ones, or maximize their gameplay, lots of reasons.

Everyone who helps with testing gets access to all the compiled data.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:49am
Print Post  
what kind of secret society this be?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #11 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:53am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:49am:
what kind of secret society this be?

Math club, DDO style.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:46am
Print Post  
I still have absolutely no idea what is likely to be different from server to server. The code is identical across the realms surely? Latency is variable, and therefore should be eliminated from testing. I call bullshit.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:09am
Print Post  
It's held in G-land, that's a fail already, I'd be surprised if the server actually stay connected on that weekend, I can feel turdbine are up to something....

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
This is a honeypot phish

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:28pm:
This is a honeypot phish

Right.. how?

Oh, nevermind it's you again attempting to shove yourself into a thread not about you because you feel insecure.

Why is it that you are constantly trying to ruin threads not about you with your bitter presence Sandy?

In this case I'm calling you Sandy because of how appropriate it was when the people on an another thread you tried to ruin referred to you having a sandy vagina after you got upset and started being snarky, as you seem to be doing here again.

I'm also curious why your specifically coming into the threads that I am active in when I have made it pretty clear that I don't have any use for you and your games. 

Are you that screwed up as a person?
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2015 at 1:51pm by »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:46am:
I still have absolutely no idea what is likely to be different from server to server. The code is identical across the realms surely? Latency is variable, and therefore should be eliminated from testing. I call bullshit.

The fact that they do vary  (in some cases greatly) between servers is one of the best reasons to test proplerly for your own server.  As to why? I don't know, and no one I have asked knows, and I would guess that even Turbine don't know either, mostly likely it's the innumerable issues buried deep in the old spaghetti.

A few data-points are consistent across servers, like ranged ROF, Bard song cooldowns, but the majority of test stats vary server to server.

So test.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2015 at 1:57pm by »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:07pm
Print Post  

Best bet: insufficient sample size.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:07pm:
Best bet: insufficient sample size.

Good bet, unless the test groups are sophisticated enough to have a +/- confidence range.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 12:53am:
Math club, DDO style.

It's like the nerd version of Russian nesting dolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint