Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Disappearing Hotbars (Read 4870 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Disappearing Hotbars
Aug 29th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Anyone else experiencing this? On log in a random entire hotbar will fail to load. It is just display error as I can still manually activate it and the abilities. However it will not show up until I log out and back in. This is like the sixth time it has happened to me.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Disappearing Hotbars
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
never happened to me - only thing I m experiencing is after loggin I get empty or halfempty hotbars which fill up as I get fully loaded and capable to move.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Hasn't happened to me, though I haven't been playing much lately. Just ERed a toon though, and no trouble.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
It hasn't happened to me yet, but I only saw this happening whenever I use a hireling. The hireling's toolbar disappears and you can't kick him/her out and he won't leave the party group even if your public wandering around town. Dunno if it helps Happy

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:22am:
The hireling's toolbar disappears and you can't kick him/her out and he won't leave the party group even if your public wandering around town.

Used to happen with Arti pets. Still can, I assume, since I occasionally see a stray dog parked somewhere. Was more fun when you could use the bug to spawn multiples inside a quest, but those weren't even in your party. Just lag generators.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:22am:
It hasn't happened to me yet, but I only saw this happening whenever I use a hireling. The hireling's toolbar disappears and you can't kick him/her out and he won't leave the party group even if your public wandering around town. Dunno if it helps Happy

Drone bar disapperaring.... and the ability to call again the drone... ( worked only on Gold seal ones and Pets )

You could end up with a party of 30 ( 6 people and 5 Drones per people )... and they actually followed you...
( I only tested it up to 10 once, it was more than enough spare targets for my friend and me to go through the quest mostly piking )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:30am:
Drone bar disapperaring.... and the ability to call again the drone... ( worked only on Gold seal ones and Pets )

You could end up with a party of 30 ( 6 people and 5 Drones per people )... and they actually followed you...
( I only tested it up to 10 once, it was more than enough spare targets for my friend and me to go through the quest mostly piking )

Interesting. Only one I knew about was calling 5 hires(not gold seal) in a 5 man group. Last we did this was before u19.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
Anyone else experiencing this? On log in a random entire hotbar will fail to load. It is just display error as I can still manually activate it and the abilities. However it will not show up until I log out and back in. This is like the sixth time it has happened to me.

You're sitting on them.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:26am:
You're sitting on them.

Well, I can't let you get all the hotbars in your ass all the time. Has to be some balance, no?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:20am
Print Post  

Is it time to break out the old hotbar command-line commands?

For the young'uns out there, back in my day, we didn't have no fancy hotbars. We got something like 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 (I can't remember!) and we were happy, dammit. But the code for up to 20 hotbars existed... you just had to access it via command-line options. I can't remember the exact process, but it was pretty messed up - you had to alias commands to something and attach them to another... but it was worth it to have hotbar freedom.

Anyway, I wonder if those commands can be used to resurrect lost bars. I dunno - they took away a lot of the things you could do via command line, thanks to people like me causing mass logouts due to broadcasting fake server downtime messages in colors.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
It was 10, and if you knew the commands you could spawn Hotbars 11 to 20...

At that time it was almost mandatory to use that exploit with some classes ( biggest user : Cleric )

IIRC it was quite easy to do it...

IP Logged

Sneaky Shadow Lurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:30am:

I remember that one. Was fun in the places I could get it to work. Smiley

Everywhere

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2015 at 6:43pm:

I am experiencing this issue as well.  What's weird is that the UI elements are still there.  You can hover over a button to click it and you will get the on-hover text for the item.

Something I discovered last night was that hiding the UI and then unhiding it (Alt + Z) brought back the toolbars.  I only had to do this once, so it probably needs more testing.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:24pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #13 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Possibly something in your config has gone screwy? I presume you use /ui layout load <hotbarprofilename> to load defaults whenever you TR/create a new character? Could the file have been corrupted some how?

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #14 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:20am:
Anyway, I wonder if those commands can be used to resurrect lost bars. I dunno - they took away a lot of the things you could do via command line, thanks to people like me causing mass logouts due to broadcasting fake server downtime messages in colors.

I miss those good old days! LOL!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 8:20am
Print Post  
You can still do stuff in color.... you just need to know how to do it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 9:50am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 1st, 2015 at 7:29am:
Possibly something in your config has gone screwy? I presume you use /ui layout load <hotbarprofilename> to load defaults whenever you TR/create a new character? Could the file have been corrupted some how?

Normally, yes. But I just tr'd recently and did not load the ui because I leveled the normal way and didnt need dozen hotbars until I capped.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2015 at 9:50am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint