Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Varg totally in over his head... (Read 2694 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Varg totally in over his head...
Sep 25th, 2015 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465680-Ranger-Enemies-Got-A-Big-Buff/p...

Vag whined: Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON Quote:
Based on how I read on Varg's comments, they are only going to tweak ToEE down because formites complained.

We explicitly mentioned this in the release notes so we could get feedback. I want to continue encouraging feedback. Of course we're going to try to listen to feedback we explicitly asked for.

It's correct that we might not have caught this as quickly without feedback. My thanks to PsychBlonde for starting this thread and continuing with hard data and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage Quote:
With this kind of power creep, Ranger pass was a huge failure.

I mean this in the most sincere of ways: Huh?

I can't figure out what you think I meant that relates to this in any way. I don't even know if you think player Rangers are too strong, player Rangers are too weak, or if this has anything to do with monsters being too strong or weak.

("Ranger pass" is also not really a thing that could be considered finished, especially the ranged part.)

Getting hard to remember the last time Vag didn't sound butthurt and defensive about stupid choices, poor execution, or his competence.

3 days of lamma previewing content that didn't go live... our proto-producer should be stillborn.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Re: Varg totally in over his head...
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
The mobotards are getting to him and it is really starting to show. This is a good thing. He'll chone soon enough Soon. (insert TM).

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Turbine inbreeding.

There are countless other MMORGS ticking along out there without this kind of bullshit.

Meanwhile this fucko just blew his audition for permanent producer over his feels.

You just have to know that Sev_Pay is laughing his ass off watching his stand-in lose his shit like this.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:11pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
I don't think any of the people on that team are mature enough to be a Producer.
Being able to listen to criticism, consider it and decide the best way forward requires maturity and self confidence in yourself and your team.

And the weight of criticism in such a bug ridden product where the relationship with the customer base is pretty toxic, is going to challenge even someone who is competent.

Some of the team might be good devs under the right leader.
Why do they have this incestuous policy of just promoting internally?  Is it because they only pay in Subway vouchers, massages and PacMan LARP time?

They need someone external with some gravitas to say "fuck off" to whomever is pushing this quarterly or die development cycle.  If the cycle is unchangeable, then give them the resources to achieve it - bring in a dozen guys from IC for 6 months and get on top of the bugs.  Something has to give as the current approach is a joke.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:40pm:
I don't think any of the people on that team are mature enough to be a Producer.
Being able to listen to criticism, consider it and decide the best way forward requires maturity and self confidence in yourself and your team.

And the weight of criticism in such a bug ridden product where the relationship with the customer base is pretty toxic, is going to challenge even someone who is competent.

Some of the team might be good devs under the right leader.
Why do they have this incestuous policy of just promoting internally?  Is it because they only pay in Subway vouchers, massages and PacMan LARP time?

They need someone external with some gravitas to say "fuck off" to whomever is pushing this quarterly or die development cycle.  If the cycle is unchangeable, then give them the resources to achieve it - bring in a dozen guys from IC for 6 months and get on top of the bugs.  Something has to give as the current approach is a joke.

I'd say they probably pay in astral shards, but that implies devs play the game.  Sad

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:21am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:40pm:

My guess is that Turdbin is enough of a resume stain that they can't get outside talent to apply. They are a small and shrinking company that hasn't had a new hit in a decade and with customers that either hate them or look like simpering idiots. The pay probably doesn't help, but true talent isn't doing it for the money. So toxic work environment, no future, and crap pay - yay, sign me up  Sad

Meat-Head wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 10:24pm:
I'd say they probably pay in astral shards, but that implies devs play the game.  Sad

Zing!  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Varg is the kid from High school who desperately wanted to be cool, popular and universally liked, yet to do it he chose to tell a bunch of lies that made he seem really cool when he told them, now he can't back them up and people are starting to take notice.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
he's clearly never invested enough in himself, as a person, to be validated by others in any way, shape, or form.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 12:04pm:
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:26pm:
i'm dead serious about quitting; done.

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold