Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic First Epic Destiny? (Read 3528 times)
Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

First Epic Destiny?
Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Just a couple of quick questions for you guys: I just started playing again for the first time since before MOTU dropped, and am about to tick up my sorcerer to cap.

First, will I have to select an Epic destiny right when I hit cap? I want to go Exalted Angel, and am planning on using the free 20 heart to swap my levels over to favored soul. Do I need to swap the levels before I tick up? Or can I do it after?

Second, I was planning on immediately tring this guy into a bladeforged warlock. Here is what it sounds like happens:

I tr into bladeforged, get leveled up to 15, and have to take the first level in paladin.

Is this right?

Also, if anyone wants to play with a Khyber gimp, shoot me a message.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Re: First Epic Destiny?
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
you need to swap the levels before you pick exalted angel...you can only pick exalted angel if you are cleric, paladin or favoured soul (I believe).  if you stay at sorcerer you will get to pick from the arcane tree.

and yes, you are right with the bladeforged warlock.  keep in mind the warlock will have to start as lawful good (if you keep your paladin level and don't change your alignment) so you are limited to fey as your only choice

good luck

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:21am:
Just a couple of quick questions for you guys: I just started playing again for the first time since before MOTU dropped, and am about to tick up my sorcerer to cap.

First, will I have to select an Epic destiny right when I hit cap? I want to go Exalted Angel, and am planning on using the free 20 heart to swap my levels over to favored soul. Do I need to swap the levels before I tick up? Or can I do it after?

Second, I was planning on immediately tring this guy into a bladeforged warlock. Here is what it sounds like happens:

I tr into bladeforged, get leveled up to 15, and have to take the first level in paladin.

Is this right?

Also, if anyone wants to play with a Khyber gimp, shoot me a message.

A quick description of destinies:

The destines are broken up into 4 spheres.  Each sphere has 3 destinies in it.  Each one is loosely associated with a class.  Artificers and Warlocks do not have a sphere directly associated with them and are put in the Arcane sphere with Wizards, Sorcs, and Bards.  Each destiny as 6 levels in it.  It takes approximately 2 million epic XP to "cap" the destiny.

If the character is new to epic destinies, then your first epic destiny is based on your heroic class choices.  If you have at least 6 class levels in a class then you can choose any destiny in that class' sphere.

Martial - Fighter, Monk, Rogue
Primal - Barb, Druid, Ranger
Divine - Pally, Cleric, FvS
Arcane - The rest.

So, a 20 sorc can choose from any of the 3 destinies in the Arcane Sphere.  A 20 FvS could choose from any destiny in the divine sphere.  Thus, yes, when you swap out the levels matters.  If you select your destiny prior to the switch to FvS, you will choose only from Arcane.  If you choose after, you will be in the divine. 

There is a way, using DDO Store items, to Unlock other destinies immediately if you want to.  Otherwise, you must progress to at least level 3 in the current destiny to move to an adjacent destiny.  If the adjacent destiny is in another sphere, you must get to level 4 in the current destiny to move to an adjacent destiny in another sphere. 

You can typically cap 3 destinies every time you run from heroic cap to epic cap, as epic cap requires 6.6 million XP, currently.

On to the bladeforged question:

If you TR into a bladeforged, then your character will go through character creation as a paladin.  Then, you will spawn in the Creation Forge instead of Korthos.  The Lord of Blades will then ask you if you want to level to 15 as a paladin.  If you say yes, then he will let you take pally levels to 15 and setup your enhancements.  If you say no, you can exit the forge into House Cannith and go visit any trainer you want to level to 15.  You will be given enough XP to get to level 15 and will be level capped until you get to 14.  Once you get to 15, they will give you a box that has your starter gear in it.  It will be all Pally gear, for the most part.  Some of it is useful, most is not. 

At that point, you can begin adventuring as normal. 

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:39am:
A quick description of destinies:

The destines are broken up into 4 spheres.  Each sphere has 3 destinies in it.  Each one is loosely associated with a class.  Artificers and Warlocks do not have a sphere directly associated with them and are put in the Arcane sphere with Wizards, Sorcs, and Bards.  Each destiny as 6 levels in it.  It takes approximately 2 million epic XP to "cap" the destiny.

If the character is new to epic destinies, then your first epic destiny is based on your heroic class choices.  If you have at least 6 class levels in a class then you can choose any destiny in that class' sphere.

Martial - Fighter, Monk, Rogue
Primal - Barb, Druid, Ranger
Divine - Pally, Cleric, FvS
Arcane - The rest.

So, a 20 sorc can choose from any of the 3 destinies in the Arcane Sphere.  A 20 FvS could choose from any destiny in the divine sphere.  Thus, yes, when you swap out the levels matters.  If you select your destiny prior to the switch to FvS, you will choose only from Arcane.  If you choose after, you will be in the divine. 

There is a way, using DDO Store items, to Unlock other destinies immediately if you want to.  Otherwise, you must progress to at least level 3 in the current destiny to move to an adjacent destiny.  If the adjacent destiny is in another sphere, you must get to level 4 in the current destiny to move to an adjacent destiny in another sphere. 

You can typically cap 3 destinies every time you run from heroic cap to epic cap, as epic cap requires 6.6 million XP, currently.

On to the bladeforged question:

If you TR into a bladeforged, then your character will go through character creation as a paladin.  Then, you will spawn in the Creation Forge instead of Korthos.  The Lord of Blades will then ask you if you want to level to 15 as a paladin.  If you say yes, then he will let you take pally levels to 15 and setup your enhancements.  If you say no, you can exit the forge into House Cannith and go visit any trainer you want to level to 15.  You will be given enough XP to get to level 15 and will be level capped until you get to 14.  Once you get to 15, they will give you a box that has your starter gear in it.  It will be all Pally gear, for the most part.  Some of it is useful, most is not. 

At that point, you can begin adventuring as normal. 

Thanks for the speedy response! So I'm gathering I don't have to immediately pick my epic destiny upon hitting 20 though (like there is time for the lesser reincarnate)?

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Wouldn't play a favored soul if I was coming back to game now. Pick some mlee thing. Paladin and rogue are the easier now. I would go with paladin just to level destinies, since you probably don't have cocoon yet.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Favored soul just being a (very) temporary thing so I can unlock the angel destiny and for the PL. Cocoon?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:56am:
PL. Cocoon?

PL cocoon? wtf you smokin bruh..

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:19pm:
PL cocoon? wtf you smokin bruh..

Put your glasses on old man, there is a period in there, cocoon was a full sentence by itself asked as a question.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:25pm:
Put your glasses on old man, there is a period in there, cocoon was a full sentence by itself asked as a question.

Oi, im barely a quarter of a century here (Tomoro actually), though my eyesight is rather rubbish. You totally edited in the period, and removed all traces of the edit, yeah thats what you did. :x

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:56am:
Cocoon?

What you are planning will work.   Don't activate a destiny until you have switched to FvS.

Cocoon = The tier 1 Rejuvenation Cocoon heal over time ability from the Primal Avatar epic destiny.  It costs 12 sp to cast and has a 12s cooldown.  It is generally regarded as one of the most spell point efficient heals for non-robots.  It works like an SLA in that the Empower Heal, Quicken, and Enlarge meta magic feats work with it but do not increase the spell point cost.  Since you'll be rolling with a Bladeforged, the racial Reconstruction enhancement will be better than Cocoon. 

Take note that Warlocks do not get access to the arcane repair spells.  If your Warlock build is decent though, the T5 Enlightened Scholar enhancement Shining Through combined with Reconstruction should be plenty of self-healing for EEs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint