Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Sev on Server merge. And lag. (Read 10890 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Sev on Server merge. And lag.
Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
The whole concept of "insanely awesome gear you can't possibly get at level, designed for TRing so you can have something powerful on your next life" was what made greendsteel so great.

I disagree with this.  Green Steel was great for the 2 years before TRing was even a part of the game.  I doubt highly that the ML was set with TRing in mind or "designed for TRing".  That would be revisionist history. 

However, it's value, and the reason the raid is still run to this day when ToD, Hound, VoD, Reavers Fate, and Abbott are all ignored heavily, is due to the nice low ML 11. 

BTW, if you ask around you might find some players with ML 9 Green Steel.  That was the original ML in the first month or so after release. 
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:33pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
My data shows that they would be more aware of lag if they played the game.

I agree.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
How about they make something super strong that's ML20? But the raid is like lvl 26-28 with top gear? I'd play the shit outta that Tongue

Do this, make it not OP (ie not MF), but make it comparable outside of MF to TF weapons (mini-TF at ML:20) and you've won. That means that's not what they'll do. Smiley

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Honestly, TF is already what I use from 22-28 anyways on most E-TR's.  They did a good job with lowering the ML at lower tiers.  This is basically the same thing as GS, except that GS maintains the low ML at Tier 3.  Which is really fucking nice, but not necessary.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Lotro and Billing were moved to the new data center, DDO is still running from the basement.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:21pm:
Whereas the devs will just shit out their same plays.

ML30 green steels that take 100+ runs to get with an extremely random dropped item, here we come!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:43pm:
ML30 green steels that take 100+ runs to get with an extremely random dropped item, here we come!

Its funny.. but im sure thats how itll end up. They want people to grind.. lets say somebody didnt dupe phlogs.. or tf mats in general. How many raids would it take to make 1 3rd tier weapon? 40? If for some how you able to run one every 3 days.. thatll take at least 4 months. Keeping your toon at lvl to run it. And somehow grinding the rest of the shit it takes to make it.. then you make a mf bow.. the totally fucked my monkcher.. and they are going to nurf mf anyways. So now you just have a waste of item space that took you most likely without timers 4 months to get..  wtf? And you cant crunch it in to get the mats back to make something you need.. fucking turdbine. They make it so you have to dupe...lol

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
My data shows that they would be more aware of lag if they played the game from an external network connection after 6pm Eastern and on weekends.

My polling show that your data is correct.  Wink

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #33 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
You sound like a man who takes alot of poles.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #34 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 8:33am
Print Post  
have they given any information about epic greensteel at all?  I would be surprised if it included weapons, they already have ToEE and Thunderforged included lately.  if they made non-weapon items and made them low ML (25ish) that would be great

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #35 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 8:57am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 8:33am:
have they given any information about epic greensteel at all?  I would be surprised if it included weapons, they already have ToEE and Thunderforged included lately.  if they made non-weapon items and made them low ML (25ish) that would be great

They haven't given details, but the generic comments seem to include weapons.  The nerf to MF seems to be related to the desire to have epic GS be better without having to beat an already OP weapon.  I don't see how you do epic GS without weapons.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #36 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
We want to make sure we have lag under control

Lag was solved years ago when you blamed the players and introduced Dungeon Alert, remember?

Ugh, fuck Turbine. The game has been laggy as shit since before most of you started playing. That's not going to change.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #37 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:06am:
Lag was solved years ago when you blamed the players and introduced Dungeon Alert, remember?

Ugh, fuck Turbine. The game has been laggy as shit since before most of you started playing. That's not going to change.

You forgot the "Get off my lawn" part, grumpy old man.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:06am:

'Lag' is this quarter's community manager.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #39 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:53am:
You forgot the "Get off my lawn" part, grumpy old man. 

/shakes fist

Get off my lawn!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
/comes back at night and TP's the tree out front....

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 2:14am:
how are log ins counted? I am forced to log in few times a day from client closing from afk, rando client crash, bank mules, and toon swaps. those count?

I've talked to the guy that owns DDOracle in game. (Sadly, he doesn't play anymore though.) Logging out to swap character does not count. You have to actually close the client and reopen.

Also, the default server thing is a glitch in the data. Those server populations do not double overnight, it's essentially just counting every login from the default server twice for some reason.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #42 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
/shakes fist

Get off my lawn!

And now you forgot to grab the shotgun first and point it at him while saying it... Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #43 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:43pm:

you forgot the "raid will lag as hell" bonus.

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #44 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Problem is any service provider has a good point claiming that the lag is not JUST their issue.

But turdbin often pretty much says: it must be on ur side (only).

Wow.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #45 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:12am:
I've talked to the guy that owns DDOracle in game. (Sadly, he doesn't play anymore though.) Logging out to swap character does not count. You have to actually close the client and reopen.

Also, the default server thing is a glitch in the data. Those server populations do not double overnight, it's essentially just counting every login from the default server twice for some reason.

If it's just a double counting problem, why does it taper off instead of end abruptly, did he say anything about that?

Losing that guy was a big loss for DDO, Turdbine should bend over backwards to encourage smart people who contribute to their game for free  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #46 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:59am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 7:53am:
Problem is any service provider has a good point claiming that the lag is not JUST their issue.

But turdbin often pretty much says: it must be on ur side (only).

Yeah, but service providers that aren't arrogant morons take steps to detect and mitigate lag, even if they can't control it. They could measure packet RTT and during lag widen hit boxes,  suspend the "facing" requirement, and calculate death on average HP below zero over 150% of the RTT instead of instantaneous HP.

Nearly everyone would forgive them for rubberbanding if the hit, heal, and die problems didn't accompany it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #47 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:12am:

I always close the client and restart it when changing to a character I will use in a quest.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #48 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 10:40am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 9:48am:
I always close the client and restart it when changing to a character I will use in a quest.

Yeah, memory leaks in the client, the failed first login bug, and zone crashes all contribute to an inflated login count, and they have been getting worse over time. The graphs look dismal enough as they are, imagine how bad they'd be if they reflected only true logins   Sad

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I will never understand why Severlin feels the need to draw a line in the sand whenever hey trips up. He's really like a 13 year old girl, trust me I know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint