Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Sev on Server merge. And lag. (Read 10880 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Sev on Server merge. And lag.
Reply #50 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 6:12am:
Also, the default server thing is a glitch in the data. Those server populations do not double overnight, it's essentially just counting every login from the default server twice for some reason.

Well that explains a lot.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #51 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 5:11pm:
I will never understand why Severlin feels the need to draw a line in the sand whenever hey trips up. He's really like a 13 year old girl, trust me I know.

There are few things more important to incompetent bosses than appearance. I often imagine The DDO section at turbine must be damned close to "The Office" With Severlin as Michael Scott and Cordovan as Dwight.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 12:01am
Print Post  
You have to actually close the client and reopen

thanks, 5FS

Meursault wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:50am:
Turdbine should bend over backwards to encourage smart people who contribute to their game for free

They would have probably just banned him.  Cheesy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #53 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 8:50am:
Turdbine should bend over backwards

There is some bending over going on at Turdbine HQ, but I doubt it is backwards.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:52am
Print Post  
I've talked to the guy that owns DDOracle in game. (Sadly, he doesn't play anymore though.) Logging out to swap character does not count. You have to actually close the client and reopen.

Also, the default server thing is a glitch in the data. Those server populations do not double overnight, it's essentially just counting every login from the default server twice for some reason.

How does he get the data and why can't Turbine stop him?
Are the login servers secure?
Doubt Turbine would want it out there.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #55 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 7:43am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:52am:

- He is using the old ( deprecated ) API... while the DDO related APIs are obsolete and useless, the GLS related ones are still working.

Turbine gave us ( players ) the APIs to get a lot of interesting data ( if we bothered to ) long ago... then they deprecated them, then after
a power outage, the server hosting them was dead.

- The login server is as secure as any server visible on the Internet.

- Well at one time they didn't care since they gave us the API...
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 7:44am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #56 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:52am:

Turbine did stop him, in their own inimitable way. They made the game so  boring he quit  Embarrassed

As to not wanting it out there, well, it's complicated. A successful company wants it out there, seeing others are playing a game attracts people. Look at how many games build in the Steam API "hours played" feature.

It's only when a game starts to flag that those login numbers become a problem. And by that point, admitting your game is so bad you have to hide the numbers makes it even worse. It's like a stock getting de-listed on the NASDAQ, when it happens it's hard to get investor confidence back.

BTW, a server merge is a similar two edged sword, it sends a clear "this game is dying" message with better press coverage than your last expansion pack got. Yeah it can temporarily boost the concentration of players, but it's clearly a move of desperation and getting just about anything else to work is preferable.

We live in the Facebook age, trying to hide behind "vast and mysterious" doesn't work anymore, it just marks you as horribly out of touch.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Good to know - cheers.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #58 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
My thoughts on the whole server merge thing is this. If nobody wants to play with your retarded as now, what makes you think a merge is going to fucking help you anyway?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #59 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:35pm:
what makes you think a merge is going to fucking help you anyway?

He just finished binge-watching Voltron.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #60 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:35pm:
My thoughts on the whole server merge thing is this. If nobody wants to play with your retarded as now, what makes you think a merge is going to fucking help you anyway?

Exactly this. The reasons people aren't grouping now are not ones that a server merge will fix. And at this point, there are probably more people who really care about PvP than about PUG grouping. Turdbin, applying the wrong solution to fix the wrong problem.

Revaulting wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:27pm:
He just finished binge-watching Voltron.

He who, SeverancePay? I think all he ever watches is recordings of speeches he made into a camera. Voltron is too much creativity for his brain to handle (and no, that's not praise for Voltron).

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #61 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:58pm:
He who, SeverancePay?

Good question. I forget. Let's just apply it to whoever thinks a server merge will slay the lagmonster.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #62 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
Good question. I forget. Let's just apply it to whoever thinks a server merge will slay the lagmonster.

LOL, win!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #63 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 10:04am
Print Post  
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1447827570

Quote:
Hi KNN, did you know that I can prove that you are lying or if you are telling the truth (no chance) in just five easy steps?

As long as you willing take part, I have made all the needed  arrangements with Strake to conduct that 5 step test in a way that will not only guarantee your privacy and anonymity. But also sort things out once and for all, I made the arrangements just in case you tried to come back.

So what if even with Strake's guarantee you still refuse to take part in this process?.... well then everyone here will finally have 100% proof that you are a delusional fantasist. 

But if you do take part and are proven to be telling the truth it is safe to say that you will pretty much own the Vault, no joke it will be all yours because I know for one that if you are telling the truth (near impossible) I will be choneing immediately, as will many friends.

Let me be very clear, as of right now those are your only two choices, your only two. You willingly take part in a very simple process or by trying to avoid the truth you will be outed as a joke for the umpteenth time and laughed out of the Vault by your own hand. 

To be fair I'm going to give you a several hours to decide, I will check back later, tomorrow morning. 

In the meantime I'm going to ignore ALL AND ANY POSTURING that you will no doubt engage in right after I post this, none of it matters to me, I only am interested in seeing this settled once and for all, you and your racist ignorance tire and bore me.

To that end I will ignore all your characteristic nonsense until I post a brand new thread in this forum tomorrow  morning. In that thread I will ask you for your decision,  giving you the opportunity to publicly either agree or refuse to take part in the simple 5 step test. I won't be entertaining any stories, excuses, abuse, I will only be looking for a yes or no answer.

Additionally you can PM me if you have any questions, and let me know your intentions or concerns you may have. But come the time I post that thread asking for your answer it will all be on you.

-Agree and we will be able to complete the 5 easy steps by the end of the day all while maintaining your anonymity.

-Or, refuse and every single person here on the vault will know that you are a liar terrified of being exposed. And I would guess that you will be given a rather nasty and embarrassing Vault title and Icon.

Play time is over KNN, it's time to put up or be a joke forever.

Thank you for your time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint