Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Legendary Raid Timers For Legendary Content (Read 17673 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Legendary Raid Timers For Legendary Content
Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Ahahahahahah

hahah hah

hhehehhooohooo

aaaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahah

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467799-Legendary-Raids-and-Bypass-Time...

Quote:
Hello! We're writing today to let you know about a change in the way raid timer bypasses work in Legendary raids. We want to get this information out to you now, rather than wait before you see it on Lamannia, to separate out the discussion, and focus feedback on other aspects of Update 29 when Lamannia arrives with its first preview soon.

Update 29 introduces Legendary raiding to DDO, which are new raids that are CR31+. For Legendary raids, players will be able to bypass the three-day raid timer through the use of a Legendary Raid Timer Bypass, which will be available in Silver and Gold Daily Dice, as a rare chest drop, and in the DDO Store. Non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses will keep their current functionality in non-Legendary raids, and we will not be adjusting their ability to be used consecutively.

We've heard from the community about the impact that non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses have had over the past few years, including a desire by some to set usage limits on these timers. The feedback we've received on this subject has been often controversial and mixed, and we've spent quite a bit of time discussing the issue internally. We prefer to allow the current timers to function as they are without adjustment. The number of raid timer bypasses in the game is immense; partially due to duplication exploits of the past, and partially due to the volume of timers given out in the past via Daily Dice and the 8th Anniversary Card Event, which was too high. Regardless of the cause, we want to respond to the desire by the community to make sure our raiding scene remains healthy, and do it in a way that limits the impact on players' current timer functionality, by making this change.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

best part is Thursday night the old timers went on sale Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

this is too good. forum complains about timers. devs listen and make NEW timers. because that wont kill longevity, because reasons  Cheesy

oh, man. Im good. I quit. just gonna turn into a true vaultie and post here without playing any longer.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Legendary Raid Timers For Legendary Content
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
great news! now I can burn through content at 5000 tp a raid!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
We all know the grind for epic greensteel is going to be oppressive as fuck. What better way for a new cash flow by implementing a new raid timer.

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Please lord, don't let them fuck up epic greensteel Sad

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Shit, the timers I bought last month are fucked. Guess it's going to be a long phone call with CS tomorrow.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Well if you guys don't want those old timers anymore...

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:55pm:

Meh, I'm not worried about it. I've already given up hope that I'll ever be able to grind the raids enough times to make anything useful (assuming they design it to take approximately the same amount of runs as it would take to create Tier 3 Thunderforged gear without buying/duping/panhandling either the ingredients or the bypasses).

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:05pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Making it that grindy would fall under "fucking up epic greensteel"

Old school greensteel was perfect. The raid was fun and engaging, it felt like everyone was contributing and it didn't take much to know what you were supposed to be doing. As for the items? Yeah, it took a good 10-12 runs to pull enough material to make one. But it was worth it, since that was a powerful item you could use for a long time through a lot of levels(not "just at cap").

And the progression was ideal. No one piece was so rare or random that you'd just "never get it". You'd see LDS all the time, and yeah sometimes you might need 14-15 runs to get all 6 for an item, but that wasn't so bad.

Compare to Thunderforged, which is way grindier, only useful at cap(unless you make 4 different weapons, thus increasing the grind) on a raid that's harder to flag for and a lot less fun.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I wonder if this means the level 30 raids will be on separate timers between EN and EH.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:42pm
Print Post  

It has already been fucked up, since they are not reusing what had been developed for Exquisite Greensteel ( they could have reused the formulas at least, but as far as I can tell it will not be the case )

From the lasts discussion that occured on the GS topic last year... To avoid gear obsolescence Epic GS was going to be only everything but weapons.
And Weapons were going to be Sentient Weapons ( the next step after TF stuff )

I don't expect them to develop something that makes us want to go into it 100+ times to get all the ingredients we want... Especially if it's for non weapon stuff.

The appeal of Greensteel, was that it was still relevant when the level was moved to 20 despite the raid being 16. And it kept us busy while we waited for Vast and Mysterious to become F2P.

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:44pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
wow.  I already cut play way back because I ran out of past lives to chase.
I doubt I ever QUIT playing DDO, because it is just like my marriage-- its was fun starting out, then turned into a grind, and now I just put up with it because I don't want to put up with the learning curve of something new.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
This is a pretty deplorable bait and switch.  As expected, the people who are fucked are those who legit bought timers from the store.   If I still cared as much about DDO, I'd be calling for occupy stormreach version 2.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:52pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Thank goodness they're listening to the players..... (Sarcasm)

At least they didn't use "our data shows"...

Despite the fluff, it's pretty obvious what they're doing.
Still focussed on trying to screw the "dupers".

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 5:14pm:
it took a good 10-12 runs to pull enough material to make one.

Maybe a single shard piece of shit or a clicky.  But you weren't getting 5 LDS in 10-12 runs.  And getting the 6 shards you need was a crap shoot too. 

Double that and you are about right.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:40pm:
Ahahahahahah

hahah hah

hhehehhooohooo

aaaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahah

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467799-Legendary-Raids-and-Bypass-Time...

best part is Thursday night the old timers went on sale Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

this is too good. forum complains about timers. devs listen and make NEW timers. because that wont kill longevity, because reasons  Cheesy

oh, man. Im good. I quit. just gonna turn into a true vaultie and post here without playing any longer.

If they release 3 new raids (Shroud, Hound, and Tempest Spine) at the same time, it will have less of an impact as people can switch to traditional raid trains that run a bunch of raids once vs. DoJ x4 or MoDx3. 

Personally, I prefer the kind of raid trains where you change the raid every time. 

One of the things that sucks about timers is being in a group where over half the players are ransacked on the chest.  In a quest like MoD it doesn't matter because nothing drops in there.  Ever.  Run it 20 times in a day because the 20th run is all that matters for anyone.  But in DoJ, where drops are relatively common, I notice a strong correlation to skunk chests and the later parts of DoJx5 or DoJx9 type of trains.  When a raid has strong drop rate and people are still killing timers for ransacked runs, that tells me there might be too many timers out there.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Please lord, don't let them fuck up epic greensteel

Tell me how you think it's possible for them to get it right? (Not how to get it right. How they can get it right.)

Who Cares wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 4:12pm:
old timers

Nobody likes old timers. Get off my lawn!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:40pm:

that's good.  but the best part is that most of the posters in that thread actually seem to like this plan.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:32pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:30pm:
Tell me how you think it's possible for them to get it right? (Not how to get it right. How they can get it right.)

Well, you'll notice I prefaced my statement with "please lord" so, yeah, there's pretty much only one way I think they can get it right *inclines head skyward*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:32pm:
that's good.  but the best part is that most of the posters in that thread actually seem to like this plan.

Trust me. NOBODY likes this plan. We all think it's terrible. But you've got to laugh about something, amirite?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:53pm
Print Post  

Well of course they do. These are the same people crying for server merges because they are such huge pieces of shit nobody wants to play with them, let alone kick them a raid timer or twenty.

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  

"Timers were bad for longevity. we listened and so we made new timers"

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
The raid timer issue was a problem.  1 because they didn't design them with any limits originally and 2 because they got duped/carded to infinity.  That created a fragmenting of the player base.

It needed to be fixed.  This is an imperfect solution, but possibly better than a lot of alternatives.  The idea of limiting the number of timers you can use per day, week, or whatever is worse, imo.

Who is really hurt by this, besides players with stacks of duped/carded timers?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:15pm:
Who is really hurt by this, besides players with stacks of duped/carded timers?

Players who bought timers when they were on sale last week with the intention of using them in new content.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:58pm:
we listened

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
So let's go over this one more time, shall we?

- New item introduced: Legendary raid timer

so one more item to clutter inventory space.

- YET ANOTHER bait and switch right after the year subscription and the nerf pass

like they care anyway

It seems Turdbine has decided to suck dry everyone interested in raiding by introducing a new cash grabbing move.

We' ll see how many people will buy. They will need at least 12 people on the same server to buy that shit only to run epic normal shroud and get materials. Fucking epic normal shroud

Guess it's time to return to old raid chains (1 raid per day) and setting another toon to gather materials if they're not BTC. All of this assuming the new raid are worth in terms of loot and fun (and they probably won't)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint