Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Legendary Raid Timers For Legendary Content (Read 17656 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Legendary Raid Timers For Legendary Content
Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:58pm:
"Timers were bad for longevity. we listened and so we made new timers"

Nothing but a blatant cash grab covered in bread crumbs of "we are helping you" bullshit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:25pm:
Players who bought timers when they were on sale last week with the intention of using them in new content.

Nobody buys more than 10-20 timers at a time.  Which they can easily burn through in the 30 days before the new content shows up.  And it's not like nobody will run the old raids after the new content comes out.  The only people who are are bitching are people with 100 plus timers.  Those aren't people spending TP on timers.  That would be 15000 TP worth of timers.  Even if you did want to blow that many TP on timers, you aren't doing it in one sitting, even for their "sale".  Even at their sale price they are still massively overpriced in the economy.  You can get them cheaper from other players by far.  The only people buying timers in bulk (more than 10) aren't doing it from the store. 

This is an overblown excuse and the people making that argument aren't even people who buy timers.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 9:58pm:
"Timers were bad for longevity. we listened and so we made new timers"

Legend... wait for it... derpy!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #28 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
It seems Turdbine has decided to suck dry everyone interested in raiding by introducing a new cash grabbing move.

Currently:
Raid Timers available for TP, in daily dice rolls

New Proposal:
Legendary Raid Timers available for TP, in daily dice rolls, in chests(rarely)

Doesn't sound like a "new" cash grab to me.  Sounds like the same old cash grab that has been around for 3 years now.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:53pm:
Currently:

New Proposal:
Legendary Raid Timers available for TP, in daily dice rolls, in chests(rarely)

Doesn't sound like a "new" cash grab to me.  Sounds like the same old cash grab that has been around for 3 years now.   

Only now is it a "cash grab," because you actually need to give cash to reap the benefits; you know, I see a whole lot of "people who bought bypasses on the recent sale just got screwed" but not a whole lot of "I bought bypasses on a recent sale and I'm pissed off."

I with they'd just fucking delete them all from the game but I guess this is a good enough compromise. I don't know what sort of person would buy more than a few but whoever they are at least now they'll keep the lights on.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:09am by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 6:37pm:
One of the things that sucks about timers is being in a group where over half the players are ransacked on the chest.  In a quest like MoD it doesn't matter because nothing drops in there.  Ever.  Run it 20 times in a day because the 20th run is all that matters for anyone.  But in DoJ, where drops are relatively common, I notice a strong correlation to skunk chests and the later parts of DoJx5 or DoJx9 type of trains.  When a raid has strong drop rate and people are still killing timers for ransacked runs, that tells me there might be too many timers out there.

The drop rates in MoD are so so on EH (still pretty low). EN is a joke and not worth the time spent, never mind about a timer (even duped). I see a bigger problem with MoD being that any item that drops hardly ever goes for roll as people loot anything that looks shiny even if a month down the line they will trash it because they can't use it. 20th lists become really desirable due to this.

DoJ on the other hand, has its own issues with drop rates. They are reasonably good, where even on EN you can expect drops, so burning through timers while on ransack, while pointless to many, has the added advantage of items maybe going for rolls in the first few days as some people still haven't figured out what items they are truly after.

Quite sad when you see a Rogue Mechanic looting Precision goggles or a Wizard screaming at you in fury because you gave away strength boots/deadly gloves to a melee, because reasons.

A more refined solution for this entire timer problem would be to either make raid timers shorter or increase required time of completion of raids from 10-20 minutes to 40+ but that would be very un-Turdbine like Undecided

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:48am
Print Post  
A lot of people seem to forget that for a very long time there was a green steel crafting exploit.  If you had at least 1 of every ingredient and shard you could make ANYTHING, as often as you wanted.  That was why some players were willing let a shard roll now and then. 

Exploits keep the game alive.  It's damn boring anymore without them.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:22pm:
Nobody buys more than 10-20 timers at a time. 

not true. I would buy stack of a hundred when I first started playing. They would be gone in a month. On one toon.

This might stretch the content for anyone who cannot drop 50 bucks on TP. But mostly everyone that I know won't be stopped from decreasing the content longevity, if they really want the items.

I'm sure jizz gargling fags like deadlock will think it is pure coincidence that timers were on sale a few days before the announcement. But that guy doesnt really get how shit works in life. If people knew legendary timers were coming then no one would buy the old timers. because there is no need. this was devs way of pre-milking the saps before planting udder suckers on them and putting them in stalls for more milking. I'm sure Sev will say the "timing" was his fault but it wasnt planned. Just like the 20 hearts lol. And deadlock will come in like Puffy with his two-bit hypeman routine "yeah, yeah, take that, take that"

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #33 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 2:22am
Print Post  
With the abundance of raid timers, the raids are run as often as possible.
Now people will try to find other people who are not on timer to run the new raids within their play time.
If the game population is decreasing, finding legendary raid groups will be harder. MB people miss the point that the game was much more crowded when the raid timers were not so many.
I play the game a couple of hours a week and it will be difficult for me find groups to run the new raids.
It may be time to cancel the sub.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #34 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 4:00am
Print Post  
I just don't like the idea of raid timers in general. There is no reason to put a raid or a quest on a timer. Ransack penalty is acceptable as a limitation. Just make them like regular quests with no timer and no 20 time completion reward.

The whole timer and bypass concept is designed as a money maker. One that duping has short circuited. Turbine wants to re-establish a revenue stream in timers for its new raids. I wont be buying any.

As to people saying how this screws over anyone who bought the recently on sale timer bypasses. Well they had a helping hand in screwing themselves I would say. Even on sale they were a worse value than on the (canith) shard exchange.

I would guess that turbine hardly sold any bypasses on this recent "sale".
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 4:07am by Endlessorrow »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #35 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 4:00am:

This is possible.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 3:40pm:
forum complains about timers. devs listen and make NEW timers. because that wont kill longevity, because reasons

It's a matter of Marketing...

Players : Kobold do not want Timer.
Dev Team : OK no problem we kill Timers for Legendary ( because we don't want to take the risk of breaking something in the Spaghetti code we will not kill old timers )
MarketDroid : Oh, here comes a great opportunity, We can sell a new item that will go fast into bestseller range... it's going to beat the Mirror.
Marketdroid to Devs : You WILL make new timers just for Legendary. That's a great opportunity to make lots of money and keep the game going for a bit longer.
Devs : But but, players do not want, and overall they are right it's bad for the game long term survivability.
Marketdroid : We don't care if the game survive 10 more years, make timers, they will sell, we will make money with them in the next two or 3 quarters...

Le Sigh, Turbine, Powered by the Excel Sheet of Marketdroids.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #37 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Or, if you are like me, you run a raid every 3 daysish and sell timers in the asah when you find them.  Just because I don't like RTBs doesn't mean you can't.  Jeeze, this sounds like a gun control argument.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #38 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 5:23am:

Dev Team : OK no problem we kill Timers for Legendary ( because we don't want to take the risk of breaking something in the Spaghetti code we will not kill old timers )
MarketDroid : Oh, here comes a great opportunity, We can sell a new item that will go fast into bestseller range... it's going to beat the Mirror.
Marketdroid to Devs : You WILL make new timers just for Legendary. That's a great opportunity to make lots of money and keep the game going for a bit longer.
Devs : But but, players do not want, and overall they are right it's bad for the game long term survivability.
Marketdroid : We don't care if the game survive 10 more years, make timers, they will sell, we will make money with them in the next two or 3 quarters...

Pretty much that, but that's the normal in any buissnes, they can do it because people buy into it, if people waste less time complaining about it and just didn't buy into they would be fucked, but my experience tell me that are precisely those idiots who complain in forums or here who buy into it just to look cool in the game.

So at the end of the day is player base fault, just like a woman who's abused by her husband but don't dare to break with him, sure you can tell he's a fuckwit but sure you can call her idiot  Wink

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 4:00am:
I just don't like the idea of raid timers in general. There is no reason to put a raid or a quest on a timer. Ransack penalty is acceptable as a limitation. Just make them like regular quests with no timer and no 20 time completion reward.

The whole timer and bypass concept is designed as a money maker. One that duping has short circuited. Turbine wants to re-establish a revenue stream in timers for its new raids. I wont be buying any.

As to people saying how this screws over anyone who bought the recently on sale timer bypasses. Well they had a helping hand in screwing themselves I would say. Even on sale they were a worse value than on the (canith) shard exchange.

On Khyber, the ASAH sells them around 4-6 shards per timer.  Given shard pricing, you could buy 500 Shards for 2795.  And get about 100 timers for that.  At 150 TP per timer, you could only get 18 timers for 2700 shards. 

Anyone buying timers with TP at this point would be unwise and wasteful.  I would suspect that raid timer sales have been in the toilet the last 9 months or so.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #40 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 5:23am:

The flaw in your logic is this:

Quote:

You are wrong.  There are a good percentage of players that DO want timers.  If the entire base was unified, as you suggest, that would be one thing.  But Turbine is hearing players want timers.  They did 4 years ago and they do today. 

The problem Turbine has is that there are 3 opinions on this front:

1) Some players want the current situation:  Ubiquitous timers.  Everyone who wants to can have stacks of 100 laying around at no real world cost.

2) Some players want timers, but they want it like it was pre-duping/carding.  Timers exist but are uncommon/valuable.  You don't toss them away when ransacked if a raid has a decent drop rate.  If you spend a timer you are playing to completion because the timer was too valuable to give up if you lag wipe. 

3) Some players want to go back to pre-2012.  No timers.  You run raids every 3 days and you do raid trains and track when your toons are off timer and plan your game times accordingly. 

So, you have 3 player groups with different opinions.  Two extremes and a "middle ground".  Now, let's look at revenue earned from raid timers in each scenario:

1)  Low Revenue
2)  High Revenue
3)  No Revenue

So, Turbine can take the middle ground and maximize profits.  Give me a valid reason why they would choose option 1 or 3, given that players are divided and there is a revenue opportunity. 

You make it sound like Turbine is putting money over players.  As a player who likes and uses raid timers (100 or so in the past 3 months), I disagree.  I would be very upset if Turbine did away with timers entirely. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #41 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
I see a bigger problem with MoD being that any item that drops hardly ever goes for roll as people loot anything that looks shiny even if a month down the line they will trash it because they can't use it.

Quite sad when you see a Rogue Mechanic looting Precision goggles or a Wizard screaming at you in fury because you gave away strength boots/deadly gloves to a melee, because reasons.

I can't believe this attitude still exists in the game today.  Your point was valid pre-TR when a Rogue running a raid was always going to be a Rogue.  The loot was BTC and you couldn't change your class levels at all. 

My main characters are currently a Warlock and a Ranger.  I'm getting heroic and epic past lives done and grinding my end life loot.  In their end builds, one will be a Pally and the other a caster.  So if the Ranger takes Gauntlets of the Arcane Solider, you would be upset.  Because they are caster gloves.  But you have no idea what my goals are or planned builds are.  It's you sticking your nose into my loot and feeling entitled to my loot.   Hey, 2009 called.  They want their loot drama back.  It's a different game today.

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:41am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #42 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Chillax guys, there has not been any trivial doopin method in the last 6-7 months so it is only appropriate that 1 should kick in soon, taking Turbine right back to the start of the problem.
Again...

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:41am:
I can't believe this attitude still exists in the game today.  Your point was valid pre-TR when a Rogue running a raid was always going to be a Rogue.  The loot was BTC and you couldn't change your class levels at all.

I can see and agree with your point that with the current era, the quick pace of TRing will lead to a current life not being the same as end game life. My quirk is not with the above but with the part where by the time you hit your "final" life a few things could have happened and with the state of the game are, i dare say, guaranteed:

• Final life build may change
  • Item may become obsolete by the time you hit "final" life
  • No TR focus will allow you to have any use of the said item for quite some time

With that in mind, I'd rather see the item go to somebody who can use it in the here and now over somebody who will use it in a years time and especially don't want to see items going to known loot whores who roll on anything and everything just because.

EDIT: To add to that, I never said I spoke out against it. I just find it saddening.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:33am by Galadriel »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #44 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I feel like raid timers are a fine way to monetize the game. People complain about cash grabs, but you forget that servers cost money. Developers(even bad ones) cost money. Maybe if the game made more money they could afford to hire better developers.

Point being: all the ways they could be monetizing the game, raid timer bypasses are a good one. Compare to PvP games that sell better items than you can possibly obtain in-game. Or selling items so ridiculously hard to obtain in-game that no one has ever gotten one(picture something with the drop rate of a Shard of the Red Dragon... that has to be obtained 1000+ times)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #45 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:32am:
I can see and agree with your point that with the current era, the quick pace of TRing will lead to a current life not being the same as end game life. My quirk is not with the above but with the part where by the time you hit your "final" life a few things could have happened and with the state of the game are, i dare say, guaranteed:

• Final life build may change
  • Item may become obsolete by the time you hit "final" life
  • No TR focus will allow you to have any use of the said item for quite some time

With that in mind, I'd rather see the item go to somebody who can use it in the here and now over somebody who will use it in a years time and especially don't want to see items going to known loot whores who roll on anything and everything just because.

EDIT: To add to that, I never said I spoke out against it. I just find it saddening.

I heard someone actual speak out recently.  I pugged into someone's guild run of DoJ.  Probably 6-7 puggers.  As per my usual luck in DoJ, I didn't pull jack shit.  One of the players from the guild hosting the run dog cussed some guy for looting something that she thought should be put up for roll.  I think it was a rogue looting Countenance.  Could be wrong about the item, though.  I was surprised.  I hadn't heard loot drama in ages.  Since then their guild raid LFM's for DoJ contain the warning "Only roll on things you need. Know what you are looking for." or something like that. 

Whole thing seemed petty.

IP Logged

Freewaymit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 3rd, 1974 at 10:17am:
As expected, the people who are fucked are those who legit bought timers from the store.  

People bought timers? Thought everyone had stacks of these got from "lucky" DD rolls Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:49pm by Freewaymit »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #47 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:32am:
The flaw in your logic is this:

Quote:

You are wrong.  There are a good percentage of players that DO want timers.  If the entire base was unified, as you suggest, that would be one thing.  But Turbine is hearing players want timers.  They did 4 years ago and they do today. 

Yes and No...
so I'm going to rephrase my statement :

Forum/IRC Vocal group of players : Kobold do not want Timer.

Since they are the only feedback provided, they are the feedback taken into account.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:59pm:
Since they are the only feedback provided, they are the feedback taken into account.

doesnt even matter. never has for turbine. not since I've been here

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #49 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:59pm:

I disagree again.  I provided feedback and it was not "Kobold no want Raid Timer."

I don't think you know as much as you think you know.

EDIT:  I also know of several other players in game who provided feedback.   None provided the feedback you describe.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2015 at 1:21pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint