Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) caster's pas...... I mean U29 general feats. (Read 13126 times)
Forest
Ex Member

caster's pas...... I mean U29 general feats.
Nov 17th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Default Update 29 Feats: Other Feats

***Please make sure you have read this thread first, it contains an overview of Update 29 Feats.***

In addition to the level cap increase and its related feats, we're planning on adding some new general feats. These provide extra options in Epic, especially boosts to Spellcasting.

New ML21 General Feats: (Each of these also grants +110 Maximum Spell Points)

Wellspring of Power
Activate to gain +150 Universal Spell Power and +20% Spell Critical Damage for 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

Arcane Insight
Activate to gain + 6 to all spell DCs and +6 to Spell Penetration for 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

New ML24 General Feats: (Each of these also grants +140 Maximum Spell Points)

Improved Augment Summoning
Requires Augment Summoning
Your summoned creatures have +8 to all ability scores, +10% Dodge, and +100 Maximum Hitpoints

Burst of Glacial Wrath
Cone spell, deals 30d6 Cold Damage and freezes the creature. Fortitude save negates the freeze.

Intensify Spell
METAMAGIC: +75 Spell Power, spells cost +25SP. Works on any spell affected by Empower.

Embolden Spell
METAMAGIC: +2 DCs to all spells with DCs. +10SP. Affects spells

Master of Air
Your Shocking Grasp, Electric Loop, and Lightning Bolt spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Earth
Your Acid Spray, Acid Arrow, and Acid Blast spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Water
Your Cold Ray, Snowball Swarm, and Niac's Biting Cold spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Fire
Your Burning Hands, Scorch, and Fireball spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of the Dead
Your Chill Touch, Necrotic Ray, and Negative Energy Burst spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Light
Your Sun Bolt, Searing Light, and Sunburst spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Artifice
Your Static Shock, Lightning Sphere, Blast Rod, and Lightning Motes spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of the Wilds
Your Produce Flame, Creeping Cold, Call Lightning, and Word of Balance spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Music
Your Shout, Greater Shout, Sonic Blast, and Reveberate spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Knowledge
Your Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast spells now grant you one stack of Mental Honing (+3 Universal Spell Power, +2% Spell Crit Damage) when cast. This effect can stack up to 30 times. One stack is removed every 6 seconds.

New ML30 General Feat:

Greater Ruin
Requires Ruin.
Deals 1000 untyped damage to a single enemy (no saving throw). Costs 150 SP

Artificers

Improved Construct Essence
Requires 12 Artificer Levels and Construct Essence. May be taken as an Artificer Bonus Feat.
Improves your base Repair to 70%, as well as Rust vulnerability.

Construct Exemplar
ML21, requires Improved Construct Essence.
You are now considered a Living Construct instead of your original race
100% base healing from Repair spells and 100% damage from Rust
Immunity to Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drain, Nasueated, Exhausted, and Paralyzed effects except those which physically hold you in place
Immunity to ability score damage from natural poisons and natural diseases (but are vulnerable to those that specifically affect wood or metal)
+10 Racial bonus to saving throws against magical poisons, and do not fail saving throws against them on a roll of a natural 1 (this renders you immune to magical poisons with a DC of less than 11+your Fortitude save)
You may remain underwater indefinitely without the need to breathe.
When resting at a Rest Shrine, the health you regain is now based on your Repair skill instead of your Heal skill

In Update 29, the DC for Rune Arms will benefit from all sources of Evocation Bonuses (they currently only benefit from Feat Bonuses to Evocation). This isn't really a feat, I just didn't have somewhere better to mention it!

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Re: caster's pas...... I mean U29 general feats.
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
So casters and Artys? don't hold your breath.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
There is some boost here.  Not sure it is enough to make a difference.  Hard for me to say.  I switched my primary caster to a warlock and haven't played a caster in 3-4 months.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Greater ruin looks interesting.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In addition, starting with U29, every Epic Level will grant you the following (similar to the Melee and Ranged power you currently get):

+6 Universal Spell Power
1% discount to the SP cost of your spells

And each Epic Level you have will grant the following to your Hirelings, Pets, and Summoned Creatures:
+5 Melee & Ranged Power
+10 Universal Spell Power
+5 PRR
+5 MRR

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So casters and Artys? don't hold your breath.

right now with all the new shit coming the devs cannot really do a caster pass without making shiradi even more out of proportion. not sure there is anything they can do to casters that wont make spammers that much more powerful.  prolly a hard nerf to shiradi if they ever plan on going thru with caster pass. unlikely as this looks like their planned caster pass.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Is it just me, or do all those "Master" feats look like a penalty for being a wizard? Any other "nuker" class doesn't need (or want), more than one (at the most, two).

Quote:

Lose two total feats, become vulnerable to deconstruct, and still repair for shit. Thanks, but maybe I'll just keep twisting cocoon.

Quote:
Construct Exemplar

This should only cost one feat: the extra feat you get for being human. Two if it allows you to wear armor instead of docents. Three if you get to switch between armor & docents.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
Master of Knowledge
Your Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast spells now grant you one stack of Mental Honing (+3 Universal Spell Power, +2% Spell Crit Damage) when cast. This effect can stack up to 30 times. One stack is removed every 6 seconds.

Even if arcane bolt/blast does nothing and you're forced to cast it every 6 seconds, that's still +60% crit and 90 spellpower which seems like it would more than make up for the down time. 

Does anyone actually know how arcane bolt/blast work anymore?  I know they're garbage, but if you're forced to cast it every 6 seconds, it might make sense to make it worth something.  If it's based on wizard caster levels, it could make wizard archmage builds really powerful.

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:32am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:27am:
Even if arcane bolt/blast does nothing and you're forced to cast it every 6 seconds, that's still +60% crit and 90 spellpower which seems like it would more than make up for the down time. 

Does anyone actually know how arcane bolt/blast work anymore?  I know they're garbage, but if you're forced to cast it every 6 seconds, it might make sense to make it worth something.  If it's based on wizard caster levels, it could make wizard archmage builds really powerful. 

Well they scale with 50% spell power and cant be maximize or empower Cheesy

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:38am
Print Post  
It's garbage, really disappointing garbage.  Cool down on bolt rank 3 is 5 seconds.  The d6 per level with no meta magic feats working with it it just so much trash 4sp each so 120 to full load and will take 2 1/2 minutes to reach, and require 50 points per minute to maintain, not counting any other spell usage.

They are trying to force players into taking AM tier5 for access to arcane blast but that's even worse. 

Will require 16 points into the AM tree, for just bolt but if you bite and go full T5 you will be in for minimum 33ap  and shut out of the other decent available capstones.

Great concept but a serious trap for anyone without a couple  thousand Major pots to play with.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:41am by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:15am
Print Post  
T5 archmage is pretty strong regardless, and I'm not at all worried about the SP cost which is fine with a FvS splash.  I'm more worried about the wasted casting time.  Does it really only scale with 50% spellpower? :/

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:21am
Print Post  
So... as a Warlock, running Aura w SWF.. I can only say...

*Ahem!*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:31am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:15am:
T5 archmage is pretty strong regardless, and I'm not at all worried about the SP cost which is fine with a FvS splash.  I'm more worried about the wasted casting time.  Does it really only scale with 50% spellpower? :/

http://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_Power
and these 2 SLA's cast time is as long as stunning blast in TS Cheesy

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
On the other hand Master of Fire is looking good.  Scorch and fireball are both good sized AoEs and can be rotated infinitely and are basically free with FvS splash.  34d6 base damage every second in fire savant sounds fairly strong. 

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Holyavatar wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:31am:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_Power
and these 2 SLA's cast time is as long as stunning blast in TS Cheesy

=/

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 1:15am:

Yes, only 50% and slow as hell, no quicken tricks either.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 2:42am
Print Post  
In Update 29, the DC for Rune Arms will benefit from all sources of Evocation Bonuses (they currently only benefit from Feat Bonuses to Evocation). This isn't really a feat, I just didn't have somewhere better to mention it!

Wow turbine is not so incompetent, stupid and useless after all. Tho i am almost sure that electric storm did not allow evasion/imp evasion to apply even tho it was refex based. Or at least have not seen my St Muray fail/doing 0 dmg against evasives.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 3:44am
Print Post  
So the max. spellcaster level of those sorc SLAs will hard cap at level 10/14, stay that way until level 23 and raise to caster level from 24-30. That is a funny progression.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 4:30am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:27am:
it could make wizard archmage builds really powerful.

No.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 5:58am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 3:44am:
So the max. spellcaster level of those sorc SLAs will hard cap at level 10/14, stay that way until level 23 and raise to caster level from 24-30. That is a funny progression.

Pretty much. At least there is an increase. Divines across the board still have to suffer with Blade Barrier maxed at 18 and Divine Punishment maxed at 23.

Feats seem a little silly having an effect only on certain spells. Should be all spells of that type or a certain school in my opinion if we have to spend a feat on that. Might even make people play more casters. Otherwise I have to agree with Rubbi, Shiradi all the way as the way I see it, DC boosting feats being in the line will result in mobs having +20 to all saves making it epic GH all over again.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Lol, Necrotic ray is already uncapped.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #21 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 5:58am:
Pretty much. At least there is an increase. Divines across the board still have to suffer with Blade Barrier maxed at 18 and Divine Punishment maxed at 23.

Feats seem a little silly having an effect only on certain spells. Should be all spells of that type or a certain school in my opinion if we have to spend a feat on that. Might even make people play more casters. Otherwise I have to agree with Rubbi, Shiradi all the way as the way I see it, DC boosting feats being in the line will result in mobs having +20 to all saves making it epic GH all over again.

My first thought when I saw the list was: "Great, again nothing good for my DC caster cleric".

Edit: On a second glance: IF I take the "master of light" feat only one of my 3/4 DD-SLAs (Nimubus, searing, smite, flamestrike) get uncapped. Why isn't even nimbus of light on the list? WHY DO YOU HATE MY CLERIC SO MUCH.. WHY.

(I only have him around for sentimantal reasons because it was my first toon and I have nine others that don't suck. But still.. why is makeing a vialble non-melee cleric one of the hardest tasks in game?)
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2015 at 7:01am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #22 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 7:23am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:11am:
Lol, Necrotic ray is already uncapped.

I guess this is a typo and should read: Chill Touch, Necrotic Bolt, and Negative Energy Burst spells no longer have a maximum caster level. That would exactly fit the Divine Emissary of Darkness SLAs. On the other hand "Master of Light" only boosts one of the Emissary of Light SLAs Sad

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #23 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Default Update 29 Feats: Other Feats

***Please make sure you have read this thread first, it contains an overview of Update 29 Feats.***

In addition to the level cap increase and its related feats, we're planning on adding some new general feats. These provide extra options in Epic, especially boosts to Spellcasting.

New ML21 General Feats: (Each of these also grants +110 Maximum Spell Points)

Wellspring of Power
Activate to gain +150 Universal Spell Power and +20% Spell Critical Damage for 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

Arcane Insight
Activate to gain + 6 to all spell DCs and +6 to Spell Penetration for 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

New ML24 General Feats: (Each of these also grants +140 Maximum Spell Points)

Improved Augment Summoning
Requires Augment Summoning
Your summoned creatures have +8 to all ability scores, +10% Dodge, and +100 Maximum Hitpoints

Burst of Glacial Wrath
Cone spell, deals 30d6 Cold Damage and freezes the creature. Fortitude save negates the freeze.

Intensify Spell
METAMAGIC: +75 Spell Power, spells cost +25SP. Works on any spell affected by Empower.

Embolden Spell
METAMAGIC: +2 DCs to all spells with DCs. +10SP. Affects spells

Master of Air
Your Shocking Grasp, Electric Loop, and Lightning Bolt spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Earth
Your Acid Spray, Acid Arrow, and Acid Blast spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Water
Your Cold Ray, Snowball Swarm, and Niac's Biting Cold spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Fire
Your Burning Hands, Scorch, and Fireball spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of the Dead
Your Chill Touch, Necrotic Ray, and Negative Energy Burst spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Light
Your Sun Bolt, Searing Light, and Sunburst spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Artifice
Your Static Shock, Lightning Sphere, Blast Rod, and Lightning Motes spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of the Wilds
Your Produce Flame, Creeping Cold, Call Lightning, and Word of Balance spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Music
Your Shout, Greater Shout, Sonic Blast, and Reveberate spells no longer have a maximum caster level.

Master of Knowledge

New ML30 General Feat:

Greater Ruin
Requires Ruin.
Deals 1000 untyped damage to a single enemy (no saving throw). Costs 150 SP

Artificers

Improved Construct Essence
Requires 12 Artificer Levels and Construct Essence. May be taken as an Artificer Bonus Feat.

Construct Exemplar
ML21, requires Improved Construct Essence.
You are now considered a Living Construct instead of your original race
100% base healing from Repair spells and 100% damage from Rust
Immunity to Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drain, Nasueated, Exhausted, and Paralyzed effects except those which physically hold you in place
Immunity to ability score damage from natural poisons and natural diseases (but are vulnerable to those that specifically affect wood or metal)
+10 Racial bonus to saving throws against magical poisons, and do not fail saving throws against them on a roll of a natural 1 (this renders you immune to magical poisons with a DC of less than 11+your Fortitude save)
You may remain underwater indefinitely without the need to breathe.
When resting at a Rest Shrine, the health you regain is now based on your Repair skill instead of your Heal skill

SO we also get (IN RED) 30 SECOND clickies that as most of us have experienced always work well when u get a 20-30 sec lag spike.

I like it! After all why the F would they give casters a permanent +20% crit dmg?

Arties could use more love, like i dunno removing max charge tier of rune arms by epic 30? Not much to ask. -.-

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 8:38am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Nov 18th, 2015 at 6:49am:
My first thought when I saw the list was: "Great, again nothing good for my DC caster cleric".

The DC things, coupled with the rest on other threads is great for the DC crowd. I love them as well for my own Fvs. I just hate them at the very same time since that means that DC will not be viable again due to over-performing mob saves as their math will be terrible somewhere down the line and we will need an extra +10 or so just to take us out of the "hunting for a 1" game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint