Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Epic Shroud Ing (Read 8188 times)
Derpderpin
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Epic Shroud Ing
Nov 19th, 2015 at 6:56am
Print Post  
any info on epic shroud if ingredients, if any will be bound to character/account. would be nice if they were unbound like the regular ingredients.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Re: Epic Shroud Ing
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
I didn't see anything specific mentioned yet. It will soon(tm) be up on Lamaland though (maybe this week), but no raid for the first iteration... have to wait a bit.

IP Logged

Derpderpin
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 8:15am
Print Post  
awesome thx, just want to know if leveling spare toons to 28 just to grind/run epic shroud is worth the effort.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Just wait to dupe them like everybody.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I mistakenly read the title as 'Epic Shroud lag'. I wonder if it will take as long to fix as the regular Shroud lag, however long that will be.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
The way they been going with ingredients, they will probably be btc.
With maybe the very basic starter stuff for them bta or tradeable.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I am going to be so very very disapointed if Legendary Greensteel is ML30.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
If they are sticking with previous greensteel methodologies (Which would be a very good idea, considering the popularity of that system) the base item mats will be BTC and come from the flagging quests.  Crafting Mats will come from the flaggers and the raid and be Unbound, with specific BTC items from the raid as well.  The combination of BTC and unbound items makes for a strong replay-ability.  You need runs on all your characters, but also, one character can grind out mats for the others, to some degree.  It is a system that supports:

1)  People who want to run lots of toons
2)  People who want to run one toon to get mats for other toons
3)  People who want to grind mats to sell/trade

This is also seen in TF, where the mats are unbound for base items and 2 tiers and then BTC for tier 3 mats or ToEE where the base items and some combination of unbound and BTA mats are used for the higher tiers.

The only tweak I would recommend to the old GS system is that we do not need 4 tiers of mats with 6 mats per tier.  That's 24 distinct mats.  I prefer systems with fewer mats.  Just require larger quantities of them for higher tiers.  Or have just have 2 or 3 mats per tier.  The number of different mats in ToEE and TF were fine.  No more than 4-8 total ingredients. 

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
I am going to be so very very disapointed in Legendary Greensteel.

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
From the Motherboard:

"Legendary Shroud won't use the same flagging nor quest structure as Heroic. There won't be a Legendary Coalescence Chamber etc. There are new quests coming."

Which sounds nice. Not that I'd mind Epic Coal but if they make an epic version of that damn spider quest I will personally fly to turbine headquarters and shit all over every surface I can squat on.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:49pm:
From the Motherboard:

"Legendary Shroud won't use the same flagging nor quest structure as Heroic. There won't be a Legendary Coalescence Chamber etc. There are new quests coming."

Which sounds nice. Not that I'd mind Epic Coal but if they make an epic version of that damn spider quest I will personally fly to turbine headquarters and shit all over every surface I can squat on.

More spider quests, please.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:11pm:
If they are sticking with previous greensteel methodologies (Which would be a very good idea, considering the popularity of that system) the base item mats will be BTC and come from the flagging quests.  Crafting Mats will come from the flaggers and the raid and be Unbound, with specific BTC items from the raid as well.  The combination of BTC and unbound items makes for a strong replay-ability.  You need runs on all your characters, but also, one character can grind out mats for the others, to some degree.  It is a system that supports:

1)  People who want to run lots of toons
2)  People who want to run one toon to get mats for other toons
3)  People who want to grind mats to sell/trade

This is also seen in TF, where the mats are unbound for base items and 2 tiers and then BTC for tier 3 mats or ToEE where the base items and some combination of unbound and BTA mats are used for the higher tiers.

The only tweak I would recommend to the old GS system is that we do not need 4 tiers of mats with 6 mats per tier.  That's 24 distinct mats.  I prefer systems with fewer mats.  Just require larger quantities of them for higher tiers.  Or have just have 2 or 3 mats per tier.  The number of different mats in ToEE and TF were fine.  No more than 4-8 total ingredients. 

Couldn't agree with you more, here's hoping.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:53pm:
More spider quests, please.

Well played.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
I am going to be so very very disapointed if Legendary Greensteel is ML30.

I wouldn't be too optimistic. We all know what they've decided that "Legendary" should mean. And they have started using that word.

Quote:
In Update 29, the Vale is getting spruced up with "Legendary" content in addition to its standard Heroic content (including Legendary Greensteel). The price of the adve*Snip!*

Now, that could just be Camel Toelero being clueless and tossing that word around, or they've already made their decision at this point... (I say that, like as if there was ever a chance that the "Players voices" could be heard, first.)  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:09pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:00pm:
I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Realistically I will probably keep playing DDO, but if Legendary Greensteel is ML30 I'll never see the inside of the epic shroud. No point.

Sometimes I feel like the developers are working on 2 seperate games and are entirely unaware of each other.

On the one hand, you have this FANTASTIC, AMAZING, INCREDIBLY REPLAYABLE TR system. It has its flaws, sure, but it's a unique element that effectively turns the entire game into the end game. Since the actual power increase between each new life is miniscule, a lot of the power comes from twinking out your character, farming for powerful gear and then using it next life. And, for me(and I feel a lot of people) that's a big element of what makes the game so much fun.

Then on the flip side you have a bunch of devs sharting out cap gear like there's no tomorrow, like this is world of warcraft and all the levels up to cap are only getting played once. Then they give the gear such low drop rates that by the time you grind it out you're so sick of playing that you don't even care. What are they thinking?

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:09pm:
On the one hand, you have this FANTASTIC, AMAZING, INCREDIBLY REPLAYABLE TR system. It has its flaws, sure, but it's a unique element that effectively turns the entire game into the end game.

Indeed. Most definitely the only thing that has kept me going for so long...

ML 20, 22, whatever Epic Greensteel would definitely equate to "funner" ER-ing for me. (Not easier. it's already easier than breathing.)
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:15pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
After they changed the ransack mechanics TRing has never been hard. It was tough for a while there when you had to grind a TON of XP out of a very few quests that each gave progressively less. Once that fix was made its no big deal at all. And it was never challenging from a "this game is hard" standpoint, it was more of a "ok, how do I balance out holding levels, running opts, and squeezing all the XP out so I don't end up 20k from cap with everything ransacked"  Logistics, not gameplay.

And yea, now TRing isn't hard, its just a question of fun. I found my last ETR to be extremely boring because I was tired of my build and not getting any of the new gear I was going after(oh god, the drop rates). I may ETR more if I find a build I'm not bored of by cap and theres some more exciting gear. I think my main issue right now is my I have so little equipment I actually get to use/change out!!

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
From the Motherboard:

In Epic Coal.. the only spell EVERYTHING casts is Grease

LAWLZ  Cheesy

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  

If you do, we'll call it Epic Coal.

Not sure they could arrest you for anything, either. Turbine offices are already an epic coal chamber.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Word on Lamma from a couple of the PC members was that all but the lowest tier ingredients will be BTC.  Shocked  Coco wouldn't even address it.

So much for using all your toons to farm for one.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Word on Lamma from a couple of the PC members was that all but the lowest tier ingredients will be BTC.

Just wait til the heroic ings crumble, to be replaced with spooky, temporary ings.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #21 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:03pm:
Just wait til the heroic ings crumble, to be replaced with spooky, temporary ings.

The Panic™ begins...

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:00pm:
Camel Toelero

Found her

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:55am
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:55am:

Wtf is that?
Is that a shart?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:57am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:55am:
Wtf is that?
Is that a shart?

I think there is something in there that is trying to get out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint