Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What sells? (Read 12387 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: What sells?
Reply #50 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 3:57am:
I am glad there are not much "look what my Mechanic can do" videos and screenshots yet. DC 100 traps, a loot of fortification bypass and solid ranged damage are quite a powerful combination.

Shhhhh. Really liking my Mech. It's not the best at everything, it's not a 'zerg the quests and gather groups to kill' build, but it rewards clever strategies and between the ability to do consistently high damage in LD or extreme spike damage in FotW and the other tools you mentioned you can solo things that would cause issues for stronger damage or mitigation builds.

Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:51am:
I was doing a full fun on hard with the 3 bosses plus dragon on a barb in 25 minutes. I think rogue would go slower because of the fight against skelly and dragon, but on the other hand miior would go faster.

Mech is really fast too though I doubt I pulled off 25 due to my unfamiliarity with the quest (just started playing again about 4 months ago and learning some of the new content). Miior is a no-brainer as you expected. Skelly I bring my son's bard into the quest and have him stand in the room displaced and ready to roll while I invis up to pull the spear, once the mobs spawn the son's bard gets agro by virtue of being the only visible character in the room, mobs run to him, he fascinates them all, easy kill after that. Mummy is dropping 2 or 3 web traps before fight starts and then just focus-fire on Mummy while triggering the traps in a staggered fashion. Dragon is just focus fire until it's dead. I have more trouble remembering where to go as I've only run it 3 or 4 times alone and everyone has their own pattern so running it with other people didn't help me get an ideal pattern set to the first part of the quest. Also, I run this particular quest in FotW - the ability to create spike damage and not have to worry about losing Master's Blitz seems to work better on that one.

Honestly though I'd rather do it in a group on EE though. Doesn't take much longer than solo EH and the drops are better.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:37am by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:35am:
Skelly I bring my son's bard into the quest and have him stand in the room displaced and ready to roll while I invis up to pull the spear, once the mobs spawn the son's bard gets agro by virtue of being the only visible character in the room, mobs run to him, he fascinates them all, easy kill after that.

Easier way of doing this part and you don't have to fight anything as well.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:35am:
Miior is a no-brainer as you expected.

How do you find it so easy?
I find the blowback damage really hard to manage.
Even with elect resist, absorption item and boots, the stacks build up too fast.

What's the trick?

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 11:51pm:
Easier way of doing this part and you don't have to fight anything as well.

I don't like dragging him in...feels a bit cheesy...but after trying to put down 6-10 web traps and STILL getting interrupted I'd had enough.

PersonaNonGrata wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 1:26am:
How do you find it so easy?
I find the blowback damage really hard to manage.
Even with elect resist, absorption item and boots, the stacks build up too fast.

What's the trick?

I'm guessing it's Improved Evasion with a solid reflex save. Only damage I'm taking is physical damage and on EH that's really nothing if you have decent PRR. I think she's in the 50's - first lifer (no ETR's either) with Sightless and Light Armor. EE once my mech gets agro in a group it's a bit dicey. I either have to not be wearing the boots and jump around a lot or have someone tossing the occasional heal scroll on me. One semi-decent healer (person with solid devotion + cocoon is enough to cover what I can't do myself) though and my mech can tank it on EE without moving. My paladin on the other hand...he can tank it but those stacks really do start to hurt after a bit on EE Tongue That's why I always turn off the agro reducers and go all out to start EE fights there on the Mech unless there's a really good evasion tank in...evasion characters with a good reflex save have that fight so much easier than anyone else.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 2:12am:
I don't like dragging him in...feels a bit cheesy...but after trying to put down 6-10 web traps and STILL getting interrupted I'd had enough.

Still easier way than this.

Soloable and with no hirelings though if you use a hireling and Ddoor yourself you can do another one of the bosses while the hireling "kills" the skelly. Only thing that will ruin the method is if a champ ghost spawns but that is easily prevented.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 6:09am:
Still easier way than this.

Soloable and with no hirelings though if you use a hireling and Ddoor yourself you can do another one of the bosses while the hireling "kills" the skelly. Only thing that will ruin the method is if a champ ghost spawns but that is easily prevented.

Oh, I get what you're saying. That feels even cheesier but I may end up trying it on another life. When I'm solo though 3 looters (my 2 kids toons) are better than 1. That's when I can be bothered to solo it now...much easier loot farming with the alt toons to mushroom farm ToEE - shorter runs to those bosses from the airship. Smiley

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #56 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 6:09am:
Soloable and with no hirelings though if you use a hireling

Fuck that DDoor trick; I want the exploit that lets you use a hireling to get rid of hirelings.  Grin  Tongue

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:20pm:
Fuck that DDoor trick; I want the exploit that lets you use a hireling to get rid of hirelings.

I believe that has multiple names. Here are some:

• Trap
  • Mob
  • Party Menu

Darkrok wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 11:40am:
I'm solo though 3 looters (my 2 kids toons) are better than 1. That's when I can be bothered to solo it now

Only solo it these days for the named loot on EE and get 5 guildies/pugs in for all the chests. Watching people open 27+ EE chests and some pay you with named items which you can sell on the ASAH is worthwhile. Never got into ToEE farming. I should try it once or twice and see what reception it gets. Time investment must be *groan* though to make a lot of chests available.

Darkrok wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 11:40am:
That feels even cheesier

Doesn't bother me. Loot is worthwhile and the less effort on my part the better.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 12:23am:
Never got into ToEE farming. I should try it once or twice and see what reception it gets. Time investment must be *groan* though to make a lot of chests available.

Really not that bad. Depending on the toon and my mood I'll do anything from farming just the outside and first rooms to see if there's a rare all the way up to running about 1/4 of the first floor before resetting. It's actually possible to do that on a gimpy swashbuckler...was doing that for a bit until I switched my first-life assassin to mech during the unlimited Fred. You just have to not mind repeatedly resetting the quest to get a map with rares close to the start.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 1:52am:
Really not that bad

I was helping guildies farm for some shrooms and weapons from there but we always did pyramid and earth/air nodes only. Was still tedious due to time vs reward and never really enjoyed it Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint