Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Any news on cannith crafting pass? (Read 7751 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Any news on cannith crafting pass?
Nov 21st, 2015 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Just wondering. Motherboards = too damn full of fail to browse.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Any news on cannith crafting pass?
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
None.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Absolutely no news on Fighter "Pass" or Random Loot-Gen "Overhaul", either. If you cared.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I predict that the Crafting Pass will be a New System that expands and enhances the old system in the following ways:

- Existing items that are currently ML:20 but with potential greater than +11 will have their ML adjusted upward to match their potential.
- Legacy Essences will crumble into dust in June on the anniversary of the DDO Domain Name Registration (which may or may not get renewed)
- There will be new crafting stations required for crafting Epic Recipes
- New essences must be obtained by deconstructing Heroic lootgen for crafting gear for levels 1-20 and Epic lootgen (ML:21+) for Epic Level items
- There will be New Ingredients (because everyone loves new ingredients, there will be new ones for Heroic crafting and new ones for Epic crafting)
- Shards of Potential greater than +15 will require deconstruction of named items.
- Crafted gear effects will not work in Legendary Content
- the Power Five effects (Banishing, Disruption, Paralyzing, Smiting, Vorpal) will remain uncraftable
- Cosmetic skins will be incompatible with newly crafted items and will prevent the crafted item effects from procing.
- Crafted weapons will become invisible when a user changes instances, requiring the user to logout/login for the weapon to be seen.  This will also cause the weapons' hitbox to collapse to zero until a second logout/login occurs.
- Crafted items will be bankable, but once put in the bank, cannot be re-equipped.
- Crafted items that have an ML higher than the character's level will be equippable, however doing so will apply the Burden of Sin to the character.  Unequipping the item will not remove the Burden of Sin.
- Crafted items that have an ML higher than the character's level will apply the Burden of Sin to the character if they are present in the character's local inventory, but not if they are in the bank.  Moving the overlevel item to the bank will not remove the Burden of Sin.
- Affix Shard stack size in local and bank inventory will be reduced to 10
- Arrow stack size in local and bank inventory will be reduced to 10
- Opening a green bag will prevent the Crafting UI from functioning until the client is restarted
- Opening any Crafting Station UI will prevent bank and bag UIs from functioning until the client is restarted

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
All of the old suffixes and prefixes will be removed and replaced with just pages and pages of ghostbane.  Everything will be ghostbane.  You'll finally be able to craft that +ghostbane Ghostbane Longsword of Ghostbane you always wanted.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:05pm:
I predict that the Crafting Pass will be a New System that expands and enhances the old system in the following ways:

- Existing items that are currently ML:20 but with potential greater than +11 will have their ML adjusted upward to match their potential.
- Legacy Essences will crumble into dust in June on the anniversary of the DDO Domain Name Registration (which may or may not get renewed)
- New essences must be obtained by deconstructing Heroic lootgen for crafting gear for levels 1-20 and Epic lootgen (ML:21+) for Epic Level items
- There will be New Ingredients (because everyone loves new ingredients, there will be new ones for Heroic crafting and new ones for Epic crafting)
- Shards of Potential greater than +15 will require deconstruction of named items.
- the Power Five effects (Banishing, Disruption, Paralyzing, Smiting, Vorpal) will remain uncraftable
- Cosmetic skins will be incompatible with newly crafted items and will prevent the crafted item effects from procing.
- Crafted weapons will become invisible when a user changes instances, requiring the user to logout/login for the weapon to be seen.  This will also cause the weapons' hitbox to collapse to zero until a second logout/login occurs.
- Crafted items will be bankable, but once put in the bank, cannot be re-equipped.
- Crafted items that have an ML higher than the character's level will be equippable, however doing so will apply the Burden of Sin to the character.  Unequipping the item will not remove the Burden of Sin.
- Crafted items that have an ML higher than the character's level will apply the Burden of Sin to the character if they are present in the character's local inventory, but not if they are in the bank.  Moving the overlevel item to the bank will not remove the Burden of Sin.
- Opening a green bag will prevent the Crafting UI from functioning until the client is restarted
- Opening any Crafting Station UI will prevent bank and bag UIs from functioning until the client is restarted

Here's hoping that some of these won't see the light of day because of idiots like Feather_of_Shit who work overtime and the weekends to push their pet peeve projects  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  

Wow, this looks surprisingly real.
Based on prior experience I take it?
How sad.
You'd accept that from a startup Indie outfit, but professionals coders and devs from an entity owned by WB - not so much.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
To better enhance your crafting experience, all toons will have their crafting levels reset to 0.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I expect new crafting recipes to include astral shards as ingredients.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:11pm:
I expect new crafting recipes to include astral shards as ingredients.

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:39pm by [] »  

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:07pm:
To better enhance your crafting experience, all toons will have their crafting levels reset to 0.

...every time they log in.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post  

You remain an eternally optimistic noob. It will require a raid item, silly.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:51am
Print Post  
The 2014 PC did drop the topic on a regular basis...

Well it was one of our thread derailment topic, we even tried, when we were still believing that our feedback
could have an impact on the game, to build fully revamp the various crafting systems into something coherent.
We were discussing which one to merge with which other  ( we wanted to reduce the number of systems to 2/3 )
and then Turbine dropped Thunderforged behind our back... we took it as a clear clue that they didn't care
about feedback about things they didn't ask us... and just let the topic rot.

So don't expect anything... As I said numerous time : revamping/updating old stuff doesn't have any appeal on a resume, while
creating new stuff can be put as a big achievement on a resume, even when it's a pet project like Vargouille's Guild Ship Revamp.
( yes he did commit that one, and yes it was a pet project  Roll Eyes ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:27am
Print Post  
That's really irritating. I'm mostly concerned that the "pass" will consist entirely of "now crafting costs astral shards!" fuck you.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Cannith crafting is cool. I made pair of Holy burst of greater lawful outsider bane khops three years ago.

What's your idea of a "pass" or what would you like to be able to craft by the way, it can't ever be better than raid crap or named items.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:32am:
Cannith crafting is cool. I made pair of Holy burst of greater lawful outsider bane khops three years ago.

What's your idea of a "pass" or what would you like to be able to craft by the way, it can't ever be better than raid crap or named items.

I want to be able to craft 'improved', and 'greater' attributes, and the elimination of 'pre' or 'suff' for mandatory placement, so they can be either/or. Also want Convalescence back, and craft-able this time around.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:32am:

- Being able to craft prefix and suffix that exist in random loot (deadly, spell craft, vorpal, smiting and so on)
- Being able to craft the same shit but to greater values (bonus stats up to 10, skills up to 20, spell lore and many many others)

This is just to mention a basic upgrade. They could get rid of stupid shards of potential while they are at it but I know they would simply replace them with astral shards or some other BS.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
What is it you seek to craft?

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
That's a good question. Let's put it like this

Right now cannith crafting is commonly known to be only good for crafting low level stuff. By increasing the range of recipes it should be good for higher levels too

I've been through quite a few TRs where I had to farm a specific piece of gear when I could have used something even less performing but couldn't because of the limitations of cannith crafting. Imagine you're playing a sorcerer, wouldn't it be cool if you had the chance to craft a wand with decent spell power and lore for each hand so you could cover both your elements? Just a couple of examples but I'm sure that with an actual working system the ideas would abound

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:55pm:
You remain an eternally optimistic noob. It will require a raid item, silly.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 1:54am
Print Post  
I think we should be able to craft anything that's available in random loot...but until random is worth looting that won't matter.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 10:11pm:

I used to be this good  Cry

Halo: CE forever in my <3

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Cheesy

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 4:15pm:
Cheesy

that makes a lot of sense. thank you for your words of wisdom.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #24 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
From NoWorries:

Quote:
An update to Cannith Crafting is something we are actively working towards. It will not appear in U29, but there is a strong chance it will be in a patch after U29 but before U30.

The reason for this is we are making a big overhaul to the randomized loot system, and Cannith will be based off of how that turns out. Having the extra time to tweak the randomized loot, as well as have it in the hands of players to get feedback and polish, will allow Cannith to be released in a better state.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467960-With-the-upcoming-Cannith-Craft...

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint