Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 'DDO Players' chats with Sev. Notes. (Read 10669 times)
Bones
Stormreaver Piker

'DDO Players' chats with Sev. Notes.
Nov 21st, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467953-DDO-Players-News-Special-4-A-Ch...

I will take the bullet for you, my friends. I listened to the whole thing and gathered what notes I could.

-Host mentioned us already knowing that Gnomes are coming in u30. Sev did NOT deny that as a fact, and also mentioned Deep Gnomes being a possibility as maybe an Iconic.

-They also want to make Tiefling a Race after Gnomes.

-New Raid version of Group Bonus Event. 5% per Raid Member. 55% for full Raid Group.

-Around Wednesday Afternoon on Thanksgiving week, they're gonna start the Raid AND Group bonus event. 5% per Raid Member totaling 55% for full Raid. And 10% per Member of normal Groups, totaling 50% for full Group.

-Expansion? Maybe. Payed? Maybe, maybe not.

-Updating event items to level 30? (Crystal Cove for example). SUPER LONG ANSWER that can be summarized with... Maybe.  Wink

-Player Housing? Don't wanna say no, don't wanna say yes.

-Hope to have all Class Passes done by end of 2016, might slip into 2017.

-Fighter Pass not happening in u29 (Reasons). After that, no clarification as to who could be next, but acknowledges Steelstar's everlasting love for Artificers.

-Unimplemented and unobtainable Favor Rewards. Later.

-UI Updates are on the Radar, such as Scale-able UI.  Sev thinks it could be a moderate amount of work, since it already exists in LotRO.

-They wanna look at making Reincarnating much easier. Something about something like being able to set up the whole Reincarnation upfront and just hitting "Accept". This way you could swap levels in and out and such.

-Stuff about Producer's Letter after u29
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2015 at 2:18pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: 'DDO Players News' chats with Sev. Notes.
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 5:39pm:
Deep Gnomes being a possibility as maybe an Iconic.

Iconic smurfs. Of course.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Did you also catch how far back Arty's were in Sev's list of class passes? dead last.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I think that the group experience bonuses are the most welcome thing Turbine has tried lately. I would love it if they went with half the bonus all the time and the full bonus on bonus days.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Did you also catch how far back Arty's were in Sev's list of class passes? dead last.

It sounded more like no particular order, the way it was coming out....

...Gah, dammit! I just want to believe! Stupid reality always coming in and kicking me in the balls.  Cry
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:49pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Sorry man, I picked up on it because he even discussed how he knew that Steel was interested in it and still listed them last.

Also if you listen again, after silence on timing early in the piece Gnomes were specifically called out for the 10th anniversary update not U29.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry man, I picked up on it because he even discussed how he knew that Steel was interested in it and still listed them last.

Also if you listen again, after silence on timing early in the piece Gnomes were specifically called out for the 10th anniversary update not U29.

Right. I don't think anyone ever thought it was going to be u29? Guy says u30, and Sev doesn't deny. I'm presuming u30 is 10th Anniversary. Seems about right.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:48pm:
It sounded more like no particular order, the way it was coming out....

...Gah, dammit! I just want to believe! Stupid reality always coming in and kicking me in the balls.

Be a mech. They're more artificer than arties right now.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Tieflings would make me play.
Also, how about more than 5 hours of new content every half a year Turbine ?

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:09pm:
Iconic smurfs. Of course.

ROFLMAO!

Smiley

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Quote:

Isn't Sev leaving?  The new Producer could completely change the delivery of updates?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 3:55am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:58am:
Isn't Sev leaving?  The new Producer could completely change the delivery of updates?

I wouldn't imagine they would be making a big change before new year, if they were even going to be a change at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Sev was still here next year, the huge amount of changes he has rammed through and twisted the game seems like purposeful job security work.

The crap that he has overseen in the last year has just screwed the game up so badly.

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 3:57am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
The crap that he has overseen in the last year has just screwed the game up so badly.

worst bunch of devs ever. I had a group of friends stop playing after DoJ. If your raid makes dedicated players up and quit ; you're doing it wrong.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #13 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:27am:
Tieflings would make me play.
Also, how about more than 5 hours of new content every half a year Turbine ?

(Good) Content is a difficult way to make money. Adding new race options and stuff like it is much less difficult and a good way to squeeze more money out of existing customers. Edit: I know you know, I was sort of agreeing and I'm hungover. Ahem.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 6:37am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 8:24am
Print Post  

Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  

No. One of Grand/Hag Master/Gawker/RemRemi's socks named "Tranquil" just made that up. According to him, it (Sev's departure) was supposed to have happened by now. It hasn't. It won't happen by the end of they year, nor will it happen before the tenth anniversary. Will it happen at all? Probably, but not when "Tranquil" says it will.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 11:02am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:20am:
Be a mech. They're more artificer than arties right now.

I am, currently. I just miss using my Rune Arm more actively, rather than just having it sit there for Imbues with 18 Rogue/2 Arti. 

Plus, I'm always a bit paranoid with each update, wondering when the Communion of Scribing nerf might hit. Would like the Arti Reconstruct to fall back on. Roll Eyes

No, I refuse to play fleshlings. 
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:02pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:01pm:
Communion of Scribing nerf might hit.

considering there is a new option for that with the level cap increase, I would think youre safe.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 11:01am:
No. One of Grand/Hag Master/Gawker/RemRemi's socks named "Tranquil" just made that up.

Oh FFS this again? See here's the thing Arkat I'm no sock, but you have been unsuccessfully trying to accuse me of being one for several months now. Of course the delicious irony is that you are posting from Technomage your sock account that you created after hitting your target number of posts.  Wink

So, other than your hate boner for anyone that agreed with Hag in the past, why don't you share with the whole class what your proof is that I'm a sock? or anyone for that matter, come on buddy lets hear it

And while you're at it why don't we put this other interesting question to rest by you answering this: Prior to the creation of the Technomage account did you personally at any time previously post from the Arkat account? 

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I was in ddochat when the consistently bent fuckstick known as wink confessed he doesn't even play but continues to lick the sphincters of an all too welcoming dev crew. It made me so angry that someone who doesn't even play has such influence over the new shape of the game. Over in the propaganda forums, everyone is singing praises with quotes such as

"Yeah. The game is positively growing !! " - Jasparion

"I'm still having tons of fun. IDK why people are leaving. I've been playing for almost 3 years, only have 1 greensteel item, 16 toons I play, and rarely play in epics. No doom have a chill pill." - scipiojedi

My god I would love to know the recipe for the dev kool-aid over there. After multiple bug reports of basic to critical issues being passed of or flatly ignored, and witnessing many of my friends & guildies take their leave, I am now among those holding a vigil and lying in wait for some sort of revolution. The devs seem to be catering to the 'yes' crew and because of that they are making a game that only appeals to the lowest common denominator of player. And many of those are the ones that only play in the forums and chat rooms.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:07pm:
that only play in the forums and chat rooms.

"I dont play, but that sounds like a great idea!"

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:41pm:
considering there is a new option for that with the level cap increase, I would think youre safe.

Depends on how you read into it. This could be their excuse to nerf it. "See? it's still available!... Just at level 30, now."

That doesn't do shit, when you aren't staying at cap.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:01pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #22 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
probably get flamed, but the fact that they are changing and adding stuff actually makes me happy. If it changes the game then whatever, its not like swinging a +5 greataxe at flesh render for 2 minutes with a required healbot buddy a la 2007 would have been that much fun forever or anything either.

The problem I see is that back then in the good ole days after launch was that gaining power was incremental, but there was a huge amount of the power curve still in front of us. Now, one update comes out every 3-5 months, and you jam through and get the items and you're a little bit more powerful but you're already maxed everywhere else you can be and can blitz 99% of the game on EE.

So it's kind of like, whats the point?

They need to find a way to make this game IMPOSSIBLE (hopefully reaper) with some slow and incremental ways to eventually get strong enough to dominate that content, but only after massive effort to get more powerful. Until then, it should be really hard and take team work with other players to get through content at the highest levels.

That model does not exist today, but I keep staying hopeful that it might with legendary, reaper, level 30, and whatever else it is they are planning. We'll see, I said hopeful, not confident.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #23 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:09pm:
probably get flamed, but the fact that they are chan *snip*

As long as challenge is done RIGHT, I positively love it. Sadly, this is Turdbine... Not much room for optimism on making Bosses/Monsters smart and challenging, instead of brain dead sacks of HP.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:47pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #24 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:09pm:
probably get flamed, but the fact that they are changing and adding stuff actually makes me happy. If it changes the game then whatever, its not like swinging a +5 greataxe at flesh render for 2 minutes with a required healbot buddy a la 2007 would have been that much fun forever or anything either.

The problem I see is that back then in the good ole days after launch was that gaining power was incremental, but there was a huge amount of the power curve still in front of us. Now, one update comes out every 3-5 months, and you jam through and get the items and you're a little bit more powerful but you're already maxed everywhere else you can be and can blitz 99% of the game on EE.

So it's kind of like, whats the point?

They need to find a way to make this game IMPOSSIBLE (hopefully reaper) with some slow and incremental ways to eventually get strong enough to dominate that content, but only after massive effort to get more powerful. Until then, it should be really hard and take team work with other players to get through content at the highest levels.

That model does not exist today, but I keep staying hopeful that it might with legendary, reaper, level 30, and whatever else it is they are planning. We'll see, I said hopeful, not confident.

I disagree with you.

They need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop listening people such as Fraan the retard and Uurlock "yes, fuck me harder master!"

I don't want trash monsters that can one shot. We already have them against everyone that doesn't wear heavy armor. I want to be able to explore and do something different than get in the room, kill everything, invisible barrier drops, corridor, next room full of trash, rinse and repeat for x amount of time, boss.

DDO is becoming a simple box where players are locked in a dps race against a mob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint