Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Feather may have gotten canned (Read 7435 times)
Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Feather may have gotten canned
Nov 26th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Firefall loses 40 of its developers. Is our beloved Ghostbaner among them? Too busy writing books to do the digging, but I know there are plenty of you lads who have the skill and the will to do it for me. Tongue

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/40-laid-off-at-firefall-studio-red5-report/015953...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Feather may have gotten canned
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2015 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 2:39pm:
Firefall loses 40 of its developers. Is our beloved Ghostbaner among them? Too busy writing books to do the digging, but I know there are plenty of you lads who have the skill and the will to do it for me. Tongue

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/40-laid-off-at-firefall-studio-red5-report/015953...

I'd be happy that he can't ruin another game with his definition of "doing a good job".

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2015 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Probably too late.  If past record is any indication he's already fucked up drop tables in the hopes that being the only one who understands them equals job security and they're now so bad nobody will touch them again for at least 3 years.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 10:31pm:
he's already fucked up drop tables in the hopes that being the only one who understands them equals job security

If they are that bad, I don't blame anybody for sacking him. Long term, it's cheaper to revamp them than to keep somebody like that on the team. Can't vouch for short term, but if the last line is true, it doesn't matter anyways as everything has to be redesigned.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 1:34am
Print Post  
His LinkedIn account still shows him working at Red 5 Studios. But it may or may not be up-to-date.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 1:34am:
His LinkedIn account still shows him working at Red 5 Studios. But it may or may not be up-to-date.

Stalker Smiley

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 2:50am
Print Post  
People are still convinced that solardawning caused ddo to become shit? Really? Whatever nice old weapons of lacerating u have u shud thank him...

The reason loot table got fucked was because of his leave, I am also sure it is out here on the vault, he was actually on our side as per with his support for powergaming!!! Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2015 at 2:50am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 3:07am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 2:50am:
People are still convinced that solardawning caused ddo to become shit? Really? Whatever nice old weapons of lacerating u have u shud thank him...

There is one other thing that, if I'm not mistaken, was also his idea. Tiered loot. Expecting to get flamed for this but while not the best idea in theory, it worked really well. EE items sold quite well on both AHs and it gave you a reason to run EE besides just terrible drop rates on a lower difficulty. I miss that part of loot.

The part I don't miss is random stats. Don't know who's bright idea that was.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Let's not forget the simple truism of DDO: no matter how terrible somebody is, his replacement, be it developer or producer, is ALWAYS worse.

Yes, Feather fucked things up.

But several years down the road, his ways look like a breath of fresh air compared to now. His ruby eyes and his tiered loot is really all that keeps the in-game economy going these days.

Remember that the next time you want Sev canned. The next guy will turn DDO into generic square blocks on Final Destination.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2015 at 5:04am by Bobbicus »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  

The reason loot table got fucked was because of his leave, I am also sure it is out here on the vault, he was actually on our side as per with his support for powergaming!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Don't forget his parting gift of Tornado pots.
That was a big middle finger to his bosses.
And it lasted awhile too, before they nerfed them into nothing.
Sad

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 8:07am
Print Post  

I'm not sure I'd go quite this far, but I do agree he wasn't as much to blame as we tend to make him out to be. I think he was a young guy with enthusiasm and (perhaps a bit too much) self-confidence who didn't get the mentoring and leadership to direct his energies in the right direction. He even pretty much admitted he thought it was shit too, but it was shit because management pushed it out before he was done with it. I find that completely plausible  Roll Eyes

If they have code going into production and they don't know what it is, that's not the fault of the one coder. That's the fault of management that buys the "we're too special to have the rules apply to us" B.S. that has made Turdbin a collapsing 3rd rate studio for years.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
People are still convinced that solardawning caused ddo to become shit?

DDO was on the road to shit-ville before Feather-of-Sun got his job at Turbine.  Shit-tastic management is responsible for him getting hired and for not training him (or anyone apparently), and for allowing him to commit changes to the game without oversight.

Really? Whatever nice old weapons of lacerating u have u shud thank him...

I still have some lootgen weapons, armor, and accessories from the "lacerating" era.  They were nice while they lasted, so "Thank you" for those, and FUCK YOU for later making them BTC, raising their ML, and then removing them from the loot tables.

Also FUCK YOU for removing blank Power Five (Banish, Disrupt, Paralyzing, Smiting, Vorp) items from the loot tables, FUCK YOU for removing blank Search/Spot/Disable/OL gear (later added back), FUCK YOU for removing Race Restricted and replacing it with "Masterful Crapsmanshit" that is even more rare than RR was and is never on blank ability items.

When was the last time you saw a Banishing of Greater Elemental Bane drop?  FUCK YOU for that, Feather.

Oh, yeah.  I don't want to forget to tell him FUCK YOU for the Burden of Sin (because figuring out how to make his new loot work the same way as the old loot was too hardFUCK YOU for assing up the items from the original Risia and FUCK YOU for changing the ML on the BTA items from chain rewards.

The reason loot table got fucked was because of his leave, I am also sure it is out here on the vault, he was actually on our side as per with his support for powergaming!!! 

The loot tables got fucked because he did a shitty job.  He did a shitty job fucking them up with ghostbane.  That was all him.

Feather of "Damn Good at his job" was NOT on "our" side and did not support powergaming.  He was on his own side at all times.  He worked on whatever the fuck he felt like and when it got too hard, he dropped it for the next shiny.

His enthusiasm was not for the health of the game, but rather for his personal pet projects, and only for those as long as they interested him.

He didn't check his work, he only fixed his bugs when his nose was rubbed in them, and he didn't give a fuck about the long term effects of his shit.

PersonaNonGrata wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 7:03am:
Don't forget his parting gift of Tornado pots.
That was a big middle finger to his bosses.

Sure.  Thanks for getting yourself fired, but making sure to say "fuck you" to everything as you leave your shit pile behind.

Tornado spammers were really fun to have in your groups.

Meursault wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 8:07am:
I think he was a young guy with enthusiasm and (perhaps a bit too much) self-confidence who didn't get the mentoring and leadership to direct his energies in the right direction. He even pretty much admitted he thought it was shit too, but it was shit because management pushed it out before he was done with it. I find that completely plausible 

I think you're being very generous.

I agree that he didn't get worthwhile mentoring or supervision, but his ass-hattery was completely his decision.

If they have code going into production and they don't know what it is, that's not the fault of the one coder. That's the fault of management that buys the "we're too special to have the rules apply to us" B.S. that has made Turdbin a collapsing 3rd rate studio for years.

All true, however it doesn't make Feather's behavior less despicable.

Fuck him.  I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 10:43am:

DDO was on the road to shit-ville before Feather-of-Sun got his job at Turbine.  Shit-tastic management is responsible for him getting hired and for not training him (or anyone apparently), and for allowing him to commit changes to the game without oversight.

I still have some lootgen weapons, armor, and accessories from the "lacerating" era.  They were nice while they lasted, so "Thank you" for those, and FUCK YOU for later making them BTC, raising their ML, and then removing them from the loot tables.

Also FUCK YOU for removing blank Power Five (Banish, Disrupt, Paralyzing, Smiting, Vorp) items from the loot tables, FUCK YOU for removing blank Search/Spot/Disable/OL gear (later added back), FUCK YOU for removing Race Restricted and replacing it with "Masterful Crapsmanshit" that is even more rare than RR was and is never on blank ability items.

When was the last time you saw a Banishing of Greater Elemental Bane drop?  FUCK YOU for that, Feather.

Oh, yeah.  I don't want to forget to tell him FUCK YOU for the Burden of Sin (because figuring out how to make his new loot work the same way as the old loot was too hardFUCK YOU for assing up the items from the original Risia and FUCK YOU for changing the ML on the BTA items from chain rewards.

The loot tables got fucked because he did a shitty job.  He did a shitty job fucking them up with ghostbane.  That was all him.

Feather of "Damn Good at his job" was NOT on "our" side and did not support powergaming.  He was on his own side at all times.  He worked on whatever the fuck he felt like and when it got too hard, he dropped it for the next shiny.

His enthusiasm was not for the health of the game, but rather for his personal pet projects, and only for those as long as they interested him.

He didn't check his work, he only fixed his bugs when his nose was rubbed in them, and he didn't give a fuck about the long term effects of his shit.

Sure.  Thanks for getting yourself fired, but making sure to say "fuck you" to everything as you leave your shit pile behind.

Tornado spammers were really fun to have in your groups.

I think you're being very generous.

I agree that he didn't get worthwhile mentoring or supervision, but his ass-hattery was completely his decision.

Wow.  Dont hold back.  Tell us how you really feel!   Grin

You forgot convalescence from your list of things killed off to never return.

I think you would be generally hard pressed to find someone who didn't have some contribution in a few years on the job. 

I agree that the EN/EH/EE BtCoE loot mechanism created a vibrant economy and increased replay ability and gave value to EE runs.  I wish they continued that for non-raid loot. 

Outside of that, though, there wasn't a lot that I liked.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Ah, the good ol´ times when we thought that DDO was fucked.
Feather's blunders looks like child's plays now compared to colossal amounts of fuckery vomited by current ddo team.
There was some trading and there were actually people to play with.
I just read on shithole DDO forums about that first EE DoJ on Khyber  - what the actual fuck, how low population has to drop before that clueless joke of a producer gets sacked for good.
Say what you want, epic GH is / was the best, even today stuff has some value.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2015 at 12:31pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
I  think he was a young guy with enthusiasm and (perhaps a bit too much) self-confidence who didn't get the mentoring and leadership to direct his energies in the right direction.

Are we talking FOS or P4P here?

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
Feather's blunders looks like child's plays now compared to colossal amounts of fuckery vomited by current ddo team.

The guys who are left are making about the same amount of shitty decisions per unit time now as were being made prior to Feather of Suck, and the magnitude of them feels about the same as it always has.

Maybe I'm wrong.  I feel like Turbine is slowly poisoning me with their shit work and it's possible that I'm becoming desensitized to their outrageous behavior. 

If someone can devise an objective metric for assessing their fuckups with the game, perhaps we could use that to compare their performance at specific times.  The best I can come up with is the Oracle's login graph, the downward slope of which looks to be pretty consistent from pre-Feather, during Feather's time, and now. 

Turbine doesn't fuck everything up every time.  Some things they get right.  I wish it happened more often.

On the whole, my subjective perception is that about 40% of the time they fuck up hard enough to require correction (and it really steams me that most of these are avoidable).  Because these corrections require resources that could have gone into something productive, the game always feels like it's slipping backward (but Turbine's a special snowflake and managing Cost of Quality is apparently for chumps who want to find new and keep existing customers).

The thing with Feather is that nearly everything that asshole did had to be re-done by him while he was there and then again by someone else after he left.  It's not easy to overstate how costly and damaging he was for the game.

"Good at his job" indeed.  Turbine would have been better off paying that smug prick to stay away.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 2:31am
Print Post  
[snip Coaly's rambling]

I wouldn't have used exactly the same wording, but it's a nice summary of how I feel about Plume de Soleil fucking up loot tables.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  

LMAO  Grin Grin Grin

You're right, it was his decision and he was a pompous, incompetent ass, I just meant that he didn't really stand out in a sea of pompous incompetent asses. Yeah, he wrecked loot, but everybody there wrecks everything they touch. I gleefully encourage you to hate as many Turbine employees as you're capable of, I just feel others are more deserving of my limited hate resources.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #18 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:29am
Print Post  
I will chime in, I believe the current AUGMENT system that replaced guild augments was also his.

His Ghost banning was the worst, but I absolutely LOVED the omnipotent Bottled Tornadoes that he snuck in after hours and placed in there, and then told us about it.  That was AWESOME.

I am not sure how to rate him on the asshat to benefactor scale, he leans more to the asshat category.  But not full asshat like Fernando.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #19 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 6:35pm:
If someone can devise an objective metric for assessing their fuckups with the game, perhaps we could use that to compare their performance at specific times.  The best I can come up with is the Oracle's login graph, the downward slope of which looks to be pretty consistent from pre-Feather, during Feather's time, and now. 

Don't have anything better except subjective measure :
Population and activity looks half compared to last year and 1/5 compared to "feather times" - U 15 - 17 I think.

I am gonna get shit for this, but idgaf about random loot really, but population decline is really obvious.
From multiple daily Fots and Citw, different guilds, new people in pugs to same 50 people I keep seeing today, no raids, no activity going on and really dead EU evenings.
Whole guilds gone.
I'd bet 3/4+ "hardcore" players left in last year or two. On every server.

I believe MajMal said 15k across all servers unique logins when he was leaving ? Surely looks like even less than that today. What 300 people on at once at any given time.
Dunno what else to check ? Steam stats ? Lotro has 4 times more activity and they are at the server merging stage I think.
Severlin idiotic direction will kill the game for good.
But hey, I am pretty disillusioned and bored with the game now so what do I know.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2015 at 12:02pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
He even pretty much admitted he thought it was shit too, but it was shit because management pushed it out before he was done with it. I find that completely plausible  Roll Eyes

It has been a while but I thought Felcher of Sons went into the office on a weekend in Jerry Maguire mode and ghostbaned the fuck out of things on his own and without upper management authorization. So Felcher of Sons pushed his own pet project in a totally unfucking finished and fucking nothing but ghostbane sorta way into the game. It was his own turd he slung into the punch bowl and then he pretty much owned it and went into work on Monday and stood smiling next to the punch bowl with a ladle in his hand and asked who the fuck wants some of my delicious ghostbane? This would be a clear violation of Turbine policy & procedures. Turbine likes to give the go ahead on fuck ups only after management has signed off on them. Showing the initiative to fuck things up on your own without upper management authorization and participation is not the type of professional work environment Turbine strives for. Felcher of Sons was clearly not a team player. If Felcher of Sons had real talent he would have ghostbaned the loot tables on the down low and then gone gently in that good night like a ninja office mystery shitter.

Really though in hindsight all the rage and anger he brought out in people over what was a pretty shitty fucking loot table even before he fucked it up at least brought about a few lolz. I mean seriously he might be the asshole that farts in a fucking elevator but at least he laughs and says fuck yea it was me. That alone makes him not meant to be a Turbine employee regardless of whether he is a fucking 'tard or not. They should of made him an honorary producer for the whole ghostbane fiasco. If he had gone about things the right way instead of thinking he was Jerry fucking Maguire and he had waited until Turbine had signed off on his big fuck-up he would have at the very least been Turbine's employee of the month instead of Janice in accounting who don't give a fuck.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #21 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 1:49am:
Stalker Smiley

Grin

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 27th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
There was some trading and there were actually people to play with.
I just read on shithole DDO forums about that first EE DoJ on Khyber  - what the actual fuck, how low population has to drop before that clueless joke of a producer gets sacked for good.
Say what you want, epic GH is / was the best, even today stuff has some value.

Khyber has an OK population.  I generally see 3-4 dozen in the 26-28 range during peak hours and almost never have trouble filling a EN DOJ. 

But EE DOJ, I don't know if it's just khyber, but literally every EE I've been in has failed due to unplayable lag.  Usually don't get past the entrance.  I'd say 20-30% of ENs are also lag fests, but often pull through thanks to warlock auras.  I think that's probably the main reason you don't see more EE completions. 

Also, it's really disheartening to see people rage quit due to lag fail.  It happens so often, I really wish Turbine would open their eyes and prioritize fixing it - even if it meant overhauling core mechanics.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:59am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #23 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:49am:
Don't have anything better except subjective measure :
Population and activity looks half compared to last year and 1/5 compared to "feather times" - U 15 - 17 I think.

I am gonna get shit for this, but idgaf about random loot really, but population decline is really obvious.
From multiple daily Fots and Citw, different guilds, new people in pugs to same 50 people I keep seeing today, no raids, no activity going on and really dead EU evenings.
Whole guilds gone.
I'd bet 3/4+ "hardcore" players left in last year or two. On every server.

I believe MajMal said 15k across all servers unique logins when he was leaving ? Surely looks like even less than that today. What 300 people on at once at any given time.
Dunno what else to check ? Steam stats ? Lotro has 4 times more activity and they are at the server merging stage I think.
Severlin idiotic direction will kill the game for good.
But hey, I am pretty disillusioned and bored with the game now so what do I know.

Players are leaving because game has no future, no new people are coming to the game.
I was hardcore player, every day few hours, you know population is shit when you know most of the players that pug above lvl 20.
Also rest of the players that are not 20 are trs that you also know.
It is a real shame that this wonderful game is being run by idiots.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:49am:

But the dev team at Lotro seems to have decided to work on the merging issues... instead of pushing system changes after system changes.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint