Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Handwrap change post by Varg (Read 8622 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Handwrap change post by Varg
Nov 30th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/468192-Do-the-game-developers-not-care...

Quote:
We have plans to fix all handwraps in the entirety of DDO by making them behave more like all other weapons in the game do. It is because handwraps are considered special and different that there have been so many bugs in the past. It's unfortunate that it's a great deal of work to fix, but it is a large fix across many items and systems (so it takes time no matter what, and extra time to make sure we get it right since it's complicated). Once we do that, we can make new handwraps and handwrap abilities the same as other items and combat styles, instead of having to make special cases for them each time. Then those items will be faster to make and with greatly reduced chance of having bugs (or, at least, the bugs won't just be for handwraps!)

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Handwrap change post by Varg
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I have plans to have my income quadruple just by business getting that much better but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Smiley

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
God, Varg is a constant excuse machine these days.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Gotta hand it to them, it's a good change (if it ever does go through)

...even if it's something like 9 years overdue
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2015 at 7:19pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Have a little faith, at least they are trying.

I'd love to sit down with whoever decided not to have handwraps behave "like other weapons" to begin with. That just seems like it's ASKING for trouble.

Ya know, unless ya wanna let me equip handwraps and hold a normal weapon. That'd be neat.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Wow, that may be the first glimmer of advanced planning to escape the Turdbine shit-machine in years.

I don't know if they'll actually do it, they've never managed it in recent memory, but the fact that somebody there realizes future maintenance is easier if you fix the broken foundation before you try building a Rube Goldberg contraption on top of it and plans to be there long enough to reap the benefits is a very encouraging sign.

If he pulls this off I may feel something more favorable than utter contempt for a Turdbin employee. I might even be moved to apologize for doubting him, though in my defence Turdbin's past repeated lies are hard to ignore.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 7:24pm:
Have a little faith, at least they are trying.

I'd love to sit down with whoever decided not to have handwraps behave "like other weapons" to begin with. That just seems like it's ASKING for trouble.

Ya know, unless ya wanna let me equip handwraps and hold a normal weapon. That'd be neat.

Do or do not.  There is no try. 

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 9:22pm:
Do or do not.  There is no try. 

You make a valid point.

I think DDO handily solves a lot of the major problems with longevity that most MMOs have. It'd be nice to see it keep going for 10 more years.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
If they do this, successfully, I might login more often. My monk is easily my favored character.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Idea is promising. Hope it actually gets done.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #10 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:02pm:
If they do this, successfully, I might login more often. My monk is easily my favored character.

Same but I'm liking me melee warlock more and more each day. With U29, my melock get's way better.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:55pm:
Same but I'm liking me melee warlock more and more each day. With U29, my melock get's way better.

My melee lock is a monklock. It is pretty fucking great. The extra 60+ light dmg is great for every hit.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:37am
Print Post  
NO FUCKING WAY!

They are not gonna ruin my ml 12 +4 Holy large augment handwraps of Vampirism.

But if they make it work with tod rings, sure.

But then again, why would I use Tod rings? Angry

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Then those items will be faster to make and with greatly reduced chance of having bugs (or, at least, the bugs won't just be for handwraps!)

Inerestin' how no1 noticed that Varg actually admits that they can really fuck up things. But hey at least "irony" is added! HAHAHA! It is funny coz it is not. At all.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:40am by m4lacka »  

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:44am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:40am:
Then those items will be faster to make and with greatly reduced chance of having bugs (or, at least, the bugs won't just be for handwraps!)

Inerestin' how no1 noticed that Varg actually admits that they can really fuck up things. But hey at least "irony" is added! HAHAHA! It is funny coz it is not. At all.

Smiley heh. I read Varg's post as "we're changing handwraps so any bugs will no longer be handwrap-specific, but for all weapons."

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:44am:
Smiley heh. I read Varg's post as "we're changing handwraps so any bugs will no longer be handwrap-specific, but for all weapons."

I always knew you were intelligibelent! Cheesy

Wow.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:02pm:

HAH then I hope they wont fix them. At all.  Tongue

Wow.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Monk has always been my favorite...

Why the 'OLY FRACKING FUCK didn't they make ALL handwraps "single weapons" like every other one handed weapon?

I really feel like so many of the changes in this game over time were driven by how awesome monks were.

It's almost as if full Str bonus to off-hand and faster attack speed broke the game to the point that it has taken years+  for every other class to catch up...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:57am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:55am:
I always knew you were intelligibelent! Cheesy

You're being consistently nice today.   Huh 
You get laid recently Mr Lacka?

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #19 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:02am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:57am:
You're being consistently nice today.   Huh 
You get laid recently Mr Lacka?

If you remember nothing of our times spent together, then probably it was time for us to part ways. Sad

Wow.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 8:02am:
If you remember nothing of our times spent together, then probably it was time for us to part ways. Sad

Or try a lower dose next time  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:31am:
Monk has always been my favorite...

Why the 'OLY FRACKING FUCK didn't they make ALL handwraps "single weapons" like every other one handed weapon?

I really feel like so many of the changes in this game over time were driven by how awesome monks were.

It's almost as if full Str bonus to off-hand and faster attack speed broke the game to the point that it has taken years+  for every other class to catch up...

Many changes were made because of monks. Monk splashes revolutionized ddo. Caused AC to get fucked over, twf underwent changes, they nerfed wind stance back in the shroud days. Monks have been an underlying cause in many major system overhauls. Why? Monks are the fucking best.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #22 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
What's the betting we lose the alacrity boost for unarmed when it doesn't get coded and no-one can be bothered to fix it...?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:34pm:
What's the betting we lose the alacrity boost for unarmed when it doesn't get coded and no-one can be bothered to fix it...?

OMG you're a Gambler!

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
That and the fact I use the letter T a lot means I'm probably KNN!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint