Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Handwrap change post by Varg (Read 8638 times)
AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Handwrap change post by Varg
Reply #25 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:47am:
My melee lock is a monklock. It is pretty fucking great. The extra 60+ light dmg is great for every hit.

Would it be possible for you to post your build? I've been wanting to make a monk/warlock melee build for a while now but unfortunately haven't been able to work it out. Thanks!  Cool

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 3:47pm:
(or, at least, the bugs won't just be for handwraps!)

its like they know they work for turbine

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:47am:
My melee lock is a monklock. It is pretty fucking great. The extra 60+ light dmg is great for every hit.

Sounds pretty fun man.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #28 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Sounds pretty fun man.

A lot of things sound like fun to a faggot that, in reality, no one else would even remotely enjoy.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:13pm:
I don't know if they'll actually do it, they've never managed it in recent memory, but the fact that somebody there realizes future maintenance is easier if you fix the broken foundation before you try building a Rube Goldberg contraption on top of it and plans to be there long enough to reap the benefits is a very encouraging sign.

Or when it all collapses into a giant FUBAR, we at least have that quote to point and laugh at. Win/win.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:01pm:
Many changes were made because of monks. Monk splashes revolutionized ddo. Caused AC to get fucked over, twf underwent changes, they nerfed wind stance back in the shroud days. Monks have been an underlying cause in many major system overhauls. Why? Monks are the fucking best.

Yup.

Even a complete gimp like myself could roll a Monk and rampage content. Almost unkillable after Lvl 12, and sooner if you weren't clueless like was/ am.

The problem is, Monk is a p2p class and by rights, SHOULD be better than the other melee options.

The question becomes: How do you fix Monk without hopelessly obsoleteing every other melee class?

Short Answer: You can't.

At least, not if you're Turbine, and not with this Dev crew.

I'm just hoping they fix handwraps, I have alts that still need their Monk PLs

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:01pm:
Monks were the fucking best.

Now they suck.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #32 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 3:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 3:28am:
Now they suck, except in heroic content, which they still rule.

fixed your fixation. Huh

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:31am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 3:50am:
except in heroic content, which they still rule.

Compared to what? An artificer? A melee cleric? Hirelings? They certainly aren't in the same league as a level 3 bard, a level 12 ranger, and level 12 fighter, a level 12 barbarian, a level 12 rogue, or a level 14 paladin.

I guess they rule at being the best of the gimpy piking classes that you shouldn't bother wasting a party slot on.  Grin

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #34 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:51am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:31am:
Compared to what? An artificer? A melee cleric? Hirelings? They certainly aren't in the same league as a level 3 bard, a level 12 ranger, and level 12 fighter, a level 12 barbarian, a level 12 rogue, or a level 14 paladin.

I guess they rule at being the best of the gimpy piking classes that you shouldn't bother wasting a party slot on.  Grin

tru dat

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
There are a few players with great monks.  That may be more a function of the player than the class though.  Carpal on Khyber is an example.  That monk is a beast that still owns and never dies.  Think it is Frets' monk toon.  It's in ER for sure.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:55pm:
Same but I'm liking me melee warlock more and more each day. With U29, my melock get's way better.

Would you be able to post your build for this please? This sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
AbominableIdiot wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 12:44pm:
Would you be able to post your build for this please? This sounds exactly like what I'm looking for!

I'll consider it.

If I were to post it, it would be in the Builds section.

I will give one hint about why it get's better with U29 here though. Take a look at the new Epic Destiny feat Arcane Warrior. Keep in mind each pulse of the Enlightened Spirit's Eldritch Aura counts as casting a spell for the purposes of that feat. You'll need to take 18 levels of Warlock to get that pulse down to every two seconds though so that cuts down your multi-class options.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2015 at 1:05pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.  I'd really appreciate it if you do decide to post the build; if I weren't so new to the game, I would probably be able to deduce the split and everything else associated with the build based on what you have told me, but alas  Sad

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Bad news people, Cordovan said on Stream today there is not going to be any Legendary greensteel handwraps.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #40 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bad news people, Cordovan said on Stream today there is not going to be any Legendary greensteel handwraps.

So? My understanding is there weren't gonna be any Legendary Greensteel Weapons of any sort.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #41 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bad news people, Cordovan...

That should have been enuf said.

Wow.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #42 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm:
So? My understanding is there weren't gonna be any Legendary Greensteel Weapons of any sort.

This.  My understanding was that Legendary Greensteel would be non-Armor/Non-weapons.  Sentient Weapons would come later as the legendary weapon crafting system.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm:

Do you have to be a dick? I guess you didn't get enough love and support growing up.

That will teach me to go and share information with other people who may not have a chance to watch the stream, guess I'm a real barney.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #44 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Why so hostile, Dave?

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:04pm by [] »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
P4P, don't try to draw me into your drama. I only get cross with intelligent people, not kids like you who don't understand game basics like manyshot. 

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #46 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Your human intelligence is certainly superior to my programming, Dave.

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:17pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #47 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:36pm:
This.  My understanding was that Legendary Greensteel would be non-Armor/Non-weapons.  Sentient Weapons would come later as the legendary weapon crafting system.

Yep.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
I thought it was pretty widely known as well. Not that I don't appreciate someone calling Arkat out for being a dick, but word on the absence of Legendary greensteel weapons has been public knowledge for a few weeks now.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #49 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 9:00pm:
I thought it was pretty widely known as well. Not that I don't appreciate someone calling Arkat out for being a dick, but word on the absence of Legendary greensteel weapons has been public knowledge for a few weeks now.

Just another faggot throwing in the towel against me.  At least you gave it your very, very best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint