Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bugged wilderness instances (Read 2694 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Bugged wilderness instances
Nov 30th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
The last few days, while perpetrating my legitimate DDO activities, I have been consistently encountering bugged instances on a certain character.

On entry, even with a fresh login, the instance is already active. The reset button is usable, but doesn't do anything. The instance is still active after using it. Inside the instance, The quest UI (quest objectives, XP button, recall button) is either missing or replaced by that of a different quest. The DM text in the instance plays normally, but sometimes also plays the DM text of different instances as well. The mobs often include CRs 2-3 times what is normal for the instance and sometimes include champions! In addition, sometimes the mobs are vastly overpopulated as well, with some instances seeming to spawn a mob in every possible spawn point.

Has anyone else been seeing this? I'm trying to determine if this is typical incompetence in programming or if Turbine is trying to do some petty passive aggressive extreme prejudice.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Re: Bugged wilderness instances
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Not seen this happen at all, but I'd favour low grade incompetence over genuine malice.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 10:36pm:
The last few days, while perpetrating my legitimate DDO activities, I have been consistently encountering bugged instances on a certain character.

On entry, even with a fresh login, the instance is already active. The reset button is usable, but doesn't do anything. The instance is still active after using it. Inside the instance, The quest UI (quest objectives, XP button, recall button) is either missing or replaced by that of a different quest. The DM text in the instance plays normally, but sometimes also plays the DM text of different instances as well. The mobs often include CRs 2-3 times what is normal for the instance and sometimes include champions! In addition, sometimes the mobs are vastly overpopulated as well, with some instances seeming to spawn a mob in every possible spawn point.

Has anyone else been seeing this? I'm trying to determine if this is typical incompetence in programming or if Turbine is trying to do some petty passive aggressive extreme prejudice.

I don't think they are capable of that kind of find tuned attack, if they could do that the nature of combat in the content release during the past year would reflect it.

But, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. Can I suggest a experiment, if you have a LR heart available use it and see if the issue remains. 

Also one question comes to mind, do you spend money on the game? in the very unlikely event that this is a targeted issue I can only see them doing it to punish a paying player for misbehaving,  a non revenue player would just get the boot I would reckon.

*Edit: Just a thought but before you try the LR (if you do) have you tried entering the instances with full parties in tow? if you could readily hunt Champions in a wildness that could be fine tuned into some remenant hunting if you were interested in them.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:46pm by »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Which instances are you referring to?

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:51am
Print Post  
EPIC GH instances IS bug...don't know how it happens but it happens. Once you enter in GH wilderness, there will be no slayers, rare. It will be just empty, there will still be mobs to kill but you wont' get anything for it. (This bug happens sometimes though)

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:51am:
EPIC GH instances IS bug...don't know how it happens but it happens. Once you enter in GH wilderness, there will be no slayers, rare. It will be just empty, there will still be mobs to kill but you wont' get anything for it. (This bug happens sometimes though)

This happens if you enter the epic GH wilderness using the waypoints first, rather than stepping outside from the main gate the first time you enter the epic wilderness.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:12am
Print Post  
I've seen a bunch of High Road rare encounters show on the map and in the quest info box, but they are nowhere to be found.  Not sure if it's the same bug that bleeds epic encounters into heroic GH and Orchard, or if they're spawning below the ground, or just what.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't think they are capable of that kind of find tuned attack, if they could do that the nature of combat in the content release during the past year would reflect it.

But, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. Can I suggest a experiment, if you have a LR heart available use it and see if the issue remains. 

Also one question comes to mind, do you spend money on the game? in the very unlikely event that this is a targeted issue I can only see them doing it to punish a paying player for misbehaving,  a non revenue player would just get the boot I would reckon.

*Edit: Just a thought but before you try the LR (if you do) have you tried entering the instances with full parties in tow? if you could readily hunt Champions in a wildness that could be fine tuned into some remenant hunting if you were interested in them.

I would think that too, except that I have seen them put way to much effort into asinine vindictiveness. Burden of guilt comes to mind.

I have spent enough money on the game that I assume that if they have a threshold for a protective strata that I am in it.

Galadriel wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:08am:
Which instances are you referring to?

I've seen it in Menechtarun and Cannith Manufactuary. I've also seen the missing rares pop in the King's Forest.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:08am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 2:05am:
This happens if you enter the epic GH wilderness using the waypoints first, rather than stepping outside from the main gate the first time you enter the epic wilderness.

Finally a guy with good perceptions. I salute ya. Few ppl figure this one out, and even fewer on the official ddo forums... Grin Grin Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 6:06am:
I've seen it in Menechtarun and Cannith Manufactuary. I've also seen the missing rares pop in the King's Forest.

I've had the Menechtarun one with the reset button from time to time. Always been the S/R/E for Menechtarun though. Never bothered to actually look around for anything interesting though.

I did see champions spawn in Eerie Forest once though but have never been interested in Remnants to bother farming them. Better things to do with my time/scripts.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:14am
Print Post  
I had heroic GH giving quest prompts and rewards from the MOTU line (servants through spinner) but it went away the next day. I wish I could have kept that going, I love GH and hate spinner  Cry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
You know I forgot to mention the weirdest part, whenever I logged that character I would be at the Bridge Between.

ER seems to have cleared up all issues though. Just a reincarnation bug I guess.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint