Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Legendary Greensteel info - ML and Weapons are inc (Read 7112 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Legendary Greensteel info - ML and Weapons are inc
Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/468367-DEVS-Legendary-Greensteel-what-...

In this thread, Cordovan says Legendary GS ML will be:

Quote:
Level 26.

And Steelstar says:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailhawk  View Post
(assuming they even have Legendary Green Steal weapons)

Seen the rumor that there wouldn't be LGS Weapons pop up a few times, not sure where it came from. U29 will have Legendary Green Steel Weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryethielnas  View Post
Will that be for both Accessories/Weapons?

Current plan is yes.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Legendary Greensteel info - ML and Weapons are inc
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
doh!

FITSIWWBYSITYS

-first in to say I was wrong before you say I told you so
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:49pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Its not ML30. Which means I care.

DAMNIT I NEED TO KNOW MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
do not get too excited, you first need to know the matz and how the crafting works.

if its like the classic gs: wow, good

if its a totally new system: wow, do NOT craft anything until you are 100% sure they fixed the system.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
If its anything like they currently have it will be grind for months on end, probably longer just for half of what you need since it will all be btc.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
They've gotten a lot better at building working systems the first time out the gate. When GS first hit the scene they had no idea what they were doing so, yeah, the system was borked from here till tuesday.

But yeah, it will probably be a horrifyingly long grind /sigh

OT GS was just the right grind, Like a well-oiled latino stripper, it knew just where to stop before it crossed the line in to fucking you.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:46pm:
GS was just the right grind

...once you had guildies feeding you materials, or being able to buy them off the auction house.  on your own, it would take at least 20 runs to make your greensteel.  that's not dick in the grater grinding, but it's enough for some people

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Good to hear confirmed. Keep in mind that there will not be any Legendary handwraps. Terrible oversight.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
eep in mind that there will not be any Legendary handwraps

Handwraps always seem to get fucked over

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:46pm:
They've gotten a lot better at building working systems the first time out the gate. When GS first hit the scene they had no idea what they were doing so, yeah, the system was borked from here till tuesday.

But yeah, it will probably be a horrifyingly long grind /sigh

OT GS was just the right grind, Like a well-oiled latino stripper, it knew just where to stop before it crossed the line in to fucking you.

Another interesting metaphor!

When you say they've learned, you do realise that the people who developed and fixed GS are likely long since gone?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Good to hear confirmed. Keep in mind that there will not be any Legendary handwraps. Terrible oversight.

That's a travesty.  It also suggests the possibility that they are reusing some of the current GS system at least in a framework capacity.  Since it has the same flaw.  (Because it came out before Monks and Handwraps existed.)

Good for the system, bad for the handwraps.  Who knows?  Maybe they introduce handwraps as raid loot to compensate.  Kind of like the Thunderholme raids each have 3-4 raid loot items in addition to the mats.  Maybe Epic Shroud delivers mats and named handwraps in the final chest.  With the drop rate so low that you basically need a 20th run to get them.  So they take as long to get as it would take to collect all the GS mats.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:53pm:
...once you had guildies feeding you materials, or being able to buy them off the auction house.  on your own, it would take at least 20 runs to make your greensteel.  that's not dick in the grater grinding, but it's enough for some people

It probably takes more like 25-30 if you're making a double-imbued tier 3 and having to pull every matt from a chest, but that's hardly an unreasonable grind. Keep in mind devs cant possibly make content fast enough to keep you entertaining if you only play through everything a couple of times. The beautiful part of The Shroud was that they made the raid so much fun you ended up going "what? was that 20? already?!"

But yeah, even on your own the shroud grind wasn't unreasonable. If everyone only ran every raid 20 times, there'd never be anyone to raid with. If you weren't running on launch day you'd be left in the cold.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #12 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Still...level 26. Crap

I'm not happy about it. We needed better gear for early levels since we're all forced with ES comm stuff and those few epic pieces still worth something

ETR and grind almost 5 mil exp just to make the last 3 easier? I hope for them EG is something OP as fuck combined with worth end game.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
OT Greensteel is op as fuck at level.

Now I'm concerned that it will be "ML 26" in the same way Thundergorged is "ML 22" e.g. the blanks, while the finished l00t is more useless ML 30 crap.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:08pm:
Still...level 26. Crap

I'm not happy about it. We needed better gear for early levels since we're all forced with ES comm stuff and those few epic pieces still worth something

ETR and grind almost 5 mil exp just to make the last 3 easier? I hope for them EG is something OP as fuck combined with worth end game.

It would be 4 levels you get to use it for, plus end game.  Sure, I'd like it to be earlier, but that would invalidate MoTU, eGH, High Road, etc.  I don't think they wanted to do that.  GS was awesome at ML 11, but it also had the effect of making VoN, Titan, DQ, and Reavers Fate worthless for the most part. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:58pm:
But yeah, even on your own the shroud grind wasn't unreasonable. If everyone only ran every raid 20 times, there'd never be anyone to raid with. If you weren't running on launch day you'd be left in the cold.

If it has the same item range as GS, then it is probable that most people will be looking at 1-2 weapons and 2-3 accessories per character.  It was nothing to have multiple characters with 200 shroud runs on them back in the pre-TR days.  The grind actually was as bad as the 30 phlogs for T3 Thunderholme, but nobody cared.  It helped that the raid was fun.  And every run got you lots of somethings.  You left every run with at least 4-5 mats of varying levels.  Sometimes more.  There was never a feeling of "just getting in my runs for a 20th".  Like there is with MoD and DoJ.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I played the crap out of shroud and loved every second. At one point I had 6 different characters and routinely ran 3-4 shrouds a day. I think this was back when cap was still 25(i hit 20 for the first time on my first char right about when the cap was raised)

Of course, I was funneling all my pulls into one character who now has 12+ weapons and 5 items... but still. I had fun. I'll be sad of Legendary Shroud doesn't live up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Keep in mind that there will not be any Legendary handwraps.

This just in: Sentient weapons will be handwraps only!

Just to fuck with us.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 4:58pm:
It probably takes more like 25-30 if you're making a double-imbued tier 3 and having to pull every matt from a chest, but that's hardly an unreasonable grind. Keep in mind devs cant possibly make content fast enough to keep you entertaining if you only play through everything a couple of times. The beautiful part of The Shroud was that they made the raid so much fun you ended up going "what? was that 20? already?!"

Fun is the part of the equation Turbine can't factor. They think mimics are hilarious. They work in a shithole environment, dominated by fuckwits. They have to pretend PacMan LARP is fun.

25-30 runs through any new content is as soul-crushing as watching one of Jerry's livestreams 5-10 times.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:56pm:
Fun is the part of the equation Turbine can't factor. They think mimics are hilarious. They work in a shithole environment, dominated by fuckwits. They have to pretend PacMan LARP is fun.

25-30 runs through any new content is as soul-crushing as watching one of Jerry's livestreams 5-10 times.

I won't deny that fatso's live streams and and mimics are shit (oh god, I saw on the motherboards that they are doing the "m"ovember thing... I almost had a seirzure).

But at least SOME of the new content has been fun. I've ran the Devil's Gambit chain about 5 times(albeit just farming for the loot) and while its not terribly original I did think it was quite a bit of fun. Just some simple, straightforward, kick-in-the-door quests. Not the most amazing but entertaining none the less.

And Heart of Madness? Come on, everyone loves the Madness series!

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 5:56pm:

FTFY

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Get ready to grind for months to make anything. Its going to be great running this shit for months to make a weapon. Then i can tr into another build and never use it again. After that... back to grinding for another one... fuck that. I didnt mess with crafting toee stuff either. If its a grind like that, im good. Ill make it when im able to dupe again.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Yeah I hadn't bothered with TOEE either. Even face-rolling through heroic on an epic leveled character was too much effort for not enough gain.

I'm believing for an epic shroud that's not dick-in-a-pencil sharpener, though.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Why does everyone hate ToEE? It's really not that bad, it's just a big map to learn

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 8:36pm:
Why does everyone hate ToEE? It's really not that bad, it's just a big map to learn

You get loot out of there. Most people get dick. Loot does not equal dick.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2015 at 8:44pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint