Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) First look at Legendary greensteel from Vag. (Read 15451 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: First look at Legendary greensteel from Vag.
Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Vagoo Wrote:

Fuckers. Safe bet it wont we available as a 20th reward eh?

*edit: Oh look, Vagooey wrote:

This is a shame.  Shroud was always the best 20th list.  Nothing but +3 tomes (when they were top dog) and a cleansing stone.  People would grind shroud just for the 20th list to fill out their tomes. 

No idea why they didn't keep that.  A list of +6 or +7 tomes and a cleansing stone.  How hard would that be? (Besides the obvious issue that it would cut into store sales...)

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Talking in Lama chat and Varg is heavily implying that he is not allowed to talk about the BtA status of the ingredients.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:42pm:
Talking in Lama chat and Varg is heavily implying that he is not allowed to talk about the BtA status of the ingredients.

That guy Wiskers punched Varg's ticket for sure, Varg is so sleazy when it comes to things he wants to do but doesn't want to discuss it unless your fawning all over him.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:33pm:
I'm hearing a lot of "whoa big grind" comments.  But, meh.  It's the same grind as old GS.  No more.  No less.  Maybe a little less considering you don't need pie pieces and base item mats and can get mats from 3 raids instead of 1.

Whoa I think you are way off here Ash, if you can't get the materials to create the blanks in anything but the raid it drives the time right up. Not to mention the fact that all the runs in Vale dungeons at less then shroud level created a pleasant farming regimen as opposed to the brutal wait for larges in the shroud itself.

This will easily double the time it takes to create and then craft a weapon, easily double.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:35pm:
This is a shame.  Shroud was always the best 20th list.  Nothing but +3 tomes (when they were top dog) and a cleansing stone.  People would grind shroud just for the 20th list to fill out their tomes. 

No idea why they didn't keep that.  A list of +6 or +7 tomes and a cleansing stone.  How hard would that be? (Besides the obvious issue that it would cut into store sales...)

So true, Shroud 20th help establish a whole mind-set and culture for players. Shame to see it go.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
No idea why they didn't keep that.

store sales...

we all know.

Quote:
This will easily double the time it takes to create and then craft a weapon, easily double.

then the augments, and all other equipment. we're looking at insane grind here. expect nothing else.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #31 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Ran Legendary Elite Shroud with an absolutely terrible group and it was easy.  I suspect it'll get buffed before launch.

Damage on the new weapons is nuts and we don't even have the finished Tier IIIs yet.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Honestly just being able to extract and add properties to new items with no loss is an improvement over the old GS. That said, the fact that they're not putting in game options (like a 20th reward) to get those augment removers is a bit greedy. I'd expect nothing less at this point though.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Even the blank process is bugged, craft a GxB and you get a heavy xbow. And some of the blanks are as boring as hell.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 4:08am
Print Post  
I was wondering if jewelers tools would remove the new non-augment augments

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #35 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
More importantly, you will have to do Legendary shroud multiple times just to get enough Runes to make a weapon blank in the first place.

They are going to rake in the money on raid timers.

Ugh, that's so far out there I'm not even going to try. Timers aren't the issue, it's finding time where I know I can sit through a whole raid. I'm not going to start grinding for a piece of gear that will take me a year to finish when the median lifespan of a DDO producer is 9 months and crafting systems are abandoned with each leadership change.

I thought they were trying to be more "casual friendly" so they could compete with Candy Crush?

I guess I'm still on the HTR merry-go-round for another year  Undecided

Well, at least it saves me money, I already own everything I need for HTR.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #36 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:36am
Print Post  
I'm hearing a lot of "whoa big grind" comments.  But, meh.  It's the same grind as old GS.

Yes, you've said that before. Consider the environment in which old Shroud thrived; more players, less choice, greater player tolerance amongst a younger, less cynical player base, a revival from new F2P players looking for GS mats...

None of that is here. The devs keep adding eye-bleed grind and unimaginative content that a game at its peak could pull off. This game, today, imo, can't.

We'll see. My tolerance for grind is greatly diminished since the days of the Shroud. Maybe there'll be something as valuable as Displacement clickies and Rad II and and and to keep pulling people back but I doubt it. I guess they won't care as long as they sell enough related convenience items but it doesn't make for happy players.

Anyway, we'll see.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #37 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:39am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 4:08am:
I was wondering if jewelers tools would remove the new non-augment augments

I was assuming Legendary Tools and 1.5xTP cost. Nothing in Lamma store?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #38 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:35am:
Ugh, that's so far out there I'm not even going to try. Timers aren't the issue, it's finding time where I know I can sit through a whole raid. I'm not going to start grinding for a piece of gear that will take me a year to finish when the median lifespan of a DDO producer is 9 months and crafting systems are abandoned with each leadership change.

Heh, same! Mind, to be fair they shouldn't be designing raids for players like that. If you want to be a comfy casual you have to accept you'll have non-optimal gear, imo. Game's still perfectly doable without it.

Also, given recent content there's no guarantee I'd want any of the new content that might require a LGS-geared character anyway.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:42am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:36am:
Yes, you've said that before. Consider the environment in which old Shroud thrived; more players, less choice, greater player tolerance amongst a younger, less cynical player base, a revival from new F2P players looking for GS mats...

None of that is here. The devs keep adding eye-bleed grind and unimaginative content that a game at its peak could pull off. This game, today, imo, can't.

Well said. I know my tolerance for grind is greatly reduced, my tendency now is to go find something else to do.

These devs make the game like smoking, and potential new players see the cough and decide not to start.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #40 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Heh, I think people that were doing elite Shrouds and ToDs years ago are going to be the same people doing Legendary Shrouds now.
It's like a fucking time travel. When I look at my bard mule with 200 Shrouds and 90 Tods it reminds me how great this game was :/
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:54am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 7:00am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:41am:
Heh, same! Mind, to be fair they shouldn't be designing raids for players like that. If you want to be a comfy casual you have to accept you'll have non-optimal gear, imo. Game's still perfectly doable without it.

Also, given recent content there's no guarantee I'd want any of the new content that might require a LGS-geared character anyway.

Yeah, that's fine, but then they need a way to get "raid capable" gear outside raids. There is no reasonable entry point for new players. Just in case any wander in. Ever  Undecided

I don't mean stuff that is better or even as good as what you get in raids, but close enough that you don't feel like you brought a knife to a gun fight.

I guess it's to late for me, I've resigned myself to be a backwater casual and I just don't buy new content, but for the game to survive it needs a reasonable path for players to get into the raid cycle. Asheron's Call took the "power creep for a closed population" approach and look how that turned out  Sad

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #42 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 7:00am:
Yeah, that's fine, but then they need a way to get "raid capable" gear outside raids. There is no reasonable entry point for new players. Just in case any wander in. Ever

Sorry sir, but this just isn't true. "End game" has never been more approachable than now - for any "skill" level. You can absolutely join any raid with tier 1 TF and commendation gear.
I have never seen any negative attitude to anyone being new to content if they say so.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 9:12am
Print Post  
It's the same grind as old GS.  No more.  No less.

Everyone seems to think 1 unit of grind from Raid x + 1 unit of grind from Raid y = 1 unit of grind?

How many unique crafting systems does the game have at this point, each with its own "acceptable" amount of grind? I don't know about you guys, but I've got grind fatigue. Tired of Turbine dry-humping my ass.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 9:36am
Print Post  
I think the key issue will be how many codex bits fall per run, we need 100 for the Legendary blank so that drop rate will paint the picture. If it is something like 20 per run, super cool. If it is 10 not so much, if it is 3-7 that's bad news.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #45 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 9:12am:
I've got grind fatigue.

I think this is more the issue than the actual level of grind.  Players were more willing to accept grind back in 2008 and 2009.  But then, gear grind was all we had.  Once you capped, all you could do was level alts and grind gear.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 9:12am:
Tired of Turbine dry-humping my ass.

Don't worry they plan to introduce lube on the DDO Store in 2016 Cheesy

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
So the drop rate for Codex bits is going to be fine, Pulled 130 on EH, so the blank grind wont be a big problem if they stay with that.

I the implementation of what they went live with is fucked though, hard to see what anything is worth.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:11pm:
Players were more willing to accept grind back in 2008 and 2009. 

there was also reasons to use alts, and a much higher player population that today or tomorrow. more players means more things to do, more quests get run.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #49 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
You can have alts now.
I'd think most people have 2 - 4 characters.
Obviously it depends how much time you can devote to game but it's not like you need triple fucking completionist with +7 tomes to play at "good" level.
In fact, some of the worst people have 20 or 30 lives in their bios ha.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint