Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New Random Loot (Read 10325 times)
klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

New Random Loot
Dec 25th, 2015 at 8:57am
Print Post  
So what are the most OP combinations? Also what are the minimum level these combinations if you know?

Thanks.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Re: New Random Loot
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Since the patch once again changed the world of noobloot, time will tell
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2015 at 10:46am by CosmicCharlie »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Dec 25th, 2015 at 8:57am:
So what are the most OP combinations? Also what are the minimum level these combinations if you know?

Thanks.

It's a real mixed bag.
The numbers and combos are all over the place.

What I am seeing is the old problem of nearly everything having 3 or 4 powers, most of which are not useful and thus increasing the ML unnecessarily.

I have not seen any pure items with a decent focus.

Edit: I meant to add that the randomness had the potential of producing some interesting stuff.
Unfortunately, what they appear to have done is throw 3000 suffixes/prefixes/shit powers into a blender and thus the chance of getting anything useful is 1:1000000000.
If they had created some tables and sub-tables as well as some "invalid combo" rules it might have produced less stupid stuff.
Unfortunately, like before it 99.9% vendor trash sadly.

Last night I got fucking feather fall as the primary power on an ml30 quest item - wtf.  Running on EH so it should have been at least 31, plus loot gem and ship buffs.  I can't remember exactly what stacks, but for a min lvl 30 chest, I got something like potency 54 and feather fall and an item rating of +1.  It looks the item ratings are borked too.
Not comparable to previous gen and even inconsistent in the same loot list.

This was a shitty implementation of an update, but what I understand to be S.O.P.
I score it fubar.
Angry
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2015 at 12:21am by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
90% being Warforged-centric....

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 12:26am
Print Post  
It's a bit early to be making judgments on this right now, but so far, it seems that low levels at least have some good combinations. Vorpal, Keen, or both on the same item at level 2-3 is pretty nice. In addition, there are also +7/8 stat items in heroics now, so we can get those through lootgen without having to run Wheloon.

I personally haven't seen any other noteworthy combinations, though it'd be great to hear some.

I think it's kind of hard to go through all of the lootgen right now because it's all so vague. There are item effects which aren't denoted through the description, and there are also effects like "Blazing" or whatever and they denote any number of prefixes/suffixes (fire damage on hit, fire absorp, etc.), and further, it could be 1d6, or 2d8, or any other number. Whereas before, "Holy" simply meant 1d12 holy damage to evil, and that was that.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's a bit early to be making judgments on this right now, but so far, it seems that low levels at least have some good combinations. Vorpal, Keen, or both on the same item at level 2-3 is pretty nice. In addition, there are also +7/8 stat items in heroics now, so we can get those through lootgen without having to run Wheloon.

I personally haven't seen any other noteworthy combinations, though it'd be great to hear some.

I think it's kind of hard to go through all of the lootgen right now because it's all so vague. There are item effects which aren't denoted through the description, and there are also effects like "Blazing" or whatever and they denote any number of prefixes/suffixes (fire damage on hit, fire absorp, etc.), and further, it could be 1d6, or 2d8, or any other number. Whereas before, "Holy" simply meant 1d12 holy damage to evil, and that was that.

I saw that ML2 vorpal item you got, which is nice for you - but that isn't good for DDO.
Vorpal at ML2 isn't balanced?

I think the system can be fixed if they don't move on and forget about it, but the reality is that it looks pretty fucked up right now.

And I understand the glass half full approach dude, but I don't see the validity in saying the loot system works for part of the level range.  A properly tested/balanced system needs to be valid across the whole range it is intended.

Time will tell I guess.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 3:00am
Print Post  
i love the new loot. makes every chest worth checking. for a time, i would not even stop to check any chest that doesnt drop named items. i was too good for loot. that is a sad and shitty state for loot to be in, in an mmo.

now i check low level heroic chests like a junkie.

best 2 pieces I found so far during heroic leveling are a ml 16 seeker 8/accuracy 10 goggles, and an assassinate 2/tendon slice 6% gloves ml 8.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 9:27am
Print Post  
cool thanks for all your insight!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Dec 25th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
It's a real mixed bag.
The numbers and combos are all over the place.

What I am seeing is the old problem of nearly everything having 3 or 4 powers, most of which are not useful and thus increasing the ML unnecessarily.

I have not seen any pure items with a decent focus.

Angry

It doesn work that way anymore.  You are thinking of the old way.   In the past the powers determined the ml.  So if you had disable device on something and something else that meant that either the ml was higher or the disable device would not be as strong.   

Now the ml determines the powers.  So you can get the highest possible disable on an item with other powers.   In fact you will not see single power items.  Evertything has a suffix and prefix.  With a small chance for a third.  But none of that changes the ml. 

For nice loot, I got disable +20 insightful disable +9 item.  Which will be a sweet trapper swap item. 

Strength +13 constitution +12 belt.   

Nice stuff is rare but it is there.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Oh.  Also got some +15 Doublestrike, +20 armor piercing gloves.  A decent item.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Call me cynical (or a cunt, either is good) but I suspect some of the bigger values might be rebalanced in patches.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Found an interesting little ML 7 short sword. +3 enhancement, +4 seeker, +5 stunning and a double 1-2 point vampiric effect.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I've been finding a lot of items with massive amounts of PRR(like 23 PRR on an ML18 item). Impossible to slot for me, but really useful.

But like others said: so many combinations means the odds of something useful go way down Sad

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Murderous Gloves of Assassinate

+6 Assassinate and +3 Insight to Assassinate.

ML: 30

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Dec 26th, 2015 at 1:16am:
I saw that ML2 vorpal item you got, which is nice for you - but that isn't good for DDO.
Vorpal at ML2 isn't balanced?

I think the system can be fixed if they don't move on and forget about it, but the reality is that it looks pretty fucked up right now.

And I understand the glass half full approach dude, but I don't see the validity in saying the loot system works for part of the level range.  A properly tested/balanced system needs to be valid across the whole range it is intended.

Time will tell I guess.

You're putting words into my mouth.

I don't recall ever saying that "Vorpal at ML 2 is balanced," nor that this system is "good for the game." All I brought up were a couple of combinations which I find to be rather overpowered right now... and that's the question that the OP asked, is it not?

"So what are the most OP combinations? Also what are the minimum level these combinations if you know?"

Yes, this system is terrible for the game, and there are so many laughable combinations--either overpowered or pointless--that makes it so obvious that Turbine doesn't have any idea of what the fuck they're doing.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:35pm:
Murderous Gloves of Assassinate

+6 Assassinate and +3 Insight to Assassinate.

ML: 30

Ok, that is a nice find.  Did it have something else on it.

I take heart that some are getting decent stuff.
Will keep ploughing those chests...   

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
What I am seeing is that the random Weapons are 85% crap. It's a endless parade of lore, dire, etc... juicing spell powers, or spell crit chances.

The 15% has some decent stuff, but the rest is endless spell casting weapons that are less useful then the crap before the update.

*clarification, the non weapon gear is excellent.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:00am by Grand »  

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Yeah that's another thing: there does seem to be a disproportionate amount of spellcasting weapons now than there were in the past.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #18 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:28am
Print Post  
I found a +10 Search +9 Open Locks Goggles, which saved me the grief of trying in vain for Goggles of Perception I can never seem to pull.

Pulled a ML:14-15 something of +13 PRR/MRR.

+5 Improved Vorpal of Something or Other, ML:15.

+3 Evocation DCs with +3 Spell Penetration Goggles.

+5 Combat Mastery with +3 Assassinate. Low ML iirc.

It seems the Armour effects still aren't working... I've seen a few neat looking combos but they don't appear to be applying weapon effects (pulled a +5 Combat Mastery of Evil Outsider Bane, the mastery worked the bane didn't.)

Is the Hamp working on armours? I've seen some good looking hamp sets drop, it'd be shitty if they didn't work...  Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:30am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:28am:
Is the Hamp working on armours?

yes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 2:34am
Print Post  
As for items that may have been removed from the loot table:

Banishing, smiting, disruption, and everbright. These are ones I've haven't seen since update. The most annoying so far has been the lack of everbright since they released Creeping Ooze Death by Boredom quest to the game. I didn't worry about keeping high level everbright weapons previously since you were always sure to come across plenty as you leveled before.

Has any one else seen these?  Any one else notice something else missing?

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #21 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Vindicator wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 2:34am:
As for items that may have been removed from the loot table:

Banishing, smiting, disruption, and everbright. These are ones I've haven't seen since update. The most annoying so far has been the lack of everbright since they released Creeping Ooze Death by Boredom quest to the game. I didn't worry about keeping high level everbright weapons previously since you were always sure to come across plenty as you leveled before.

Has any one else seen these?  Any one else notice something else missing?

Don't you enjoy to equip 2 muckdoom and beat them down for 10 mins?

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 12:00am:
What I am seeing is that the random Weapons are 85% crap. It's a endless parade of lore, dire, etc... juicing spell powers, or spell crit chances.

I immediately vendor every armor and weapon. They are all trash.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #23 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:08am:
I immediately vendor every armor and weapon. They are all trash.

Armor: for example hardy of healing amplification can work while leveling

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #24 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Dec 26th, 2015 at 11:48pm:
Ok, that is a nice find.  Did it have something else on it.

Nope, just those two affixes.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint