Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Just how grindy is legendary GS? (Read 9247 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Just how grindy is legendary GS?
Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
On a scale of 1 to Thunderforged.

I did my first legendary shroud run yesterday and was quite surprised to find I walked out with enough mats for the blank(love how easy the blanks are). I also discovered that you could straight up buy a lot of small and medium ingredients(which is... I'm not complaining but I know a lot of people will get butt-hurt about it) SO yeah, I could have a tier two weapon right off the proverbial bat.

But, I am curious: exactly how grindy is that third tier, and is it like oldschool GS where tiers 1 and 2 were just kind of meh and tier 3 added all the shinyness?

Placing bets. P4P's auto-response will be (A) stupid, (B) poorly thought out, (C) more lying about not playing, or (D) all of the above. Personally, my hope is for (E): this will be the ONE thread today he has enough self-control not to respond to. I'm callin you out P4P, free vault-cred waiting if you DON'T respond to this one!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Just how grindy is legendary GS?
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:45pm:
On a scale of 1 to Thunderforged.

I did my first legendary shroud run yesterday and was quite surprised to find I walked out with enough mats for the blank(love how easy the blanks are). I also discovered that you could straight up buy a lot of small and medium ingredients(which is... I'm not complaining but I know a lot of people will get butt-hurt about it) SO yeah, I could have a tier two weapon right off the proverbial bat.

But, I am curious: exactly how grindy is that third tier, and is it like oldschool GS where tiers 1 and 2 were just kind of meh and tier 3 added all the shinyness?

Placing bets. P4P's auto-response will be (A) stupid, (B) poorly thought out, (C) more lying about not playing, or (D) all of the above. Personally, my hope is for (E): this will be the ONE thread today he has enough self-control not to respond to. I'm callin you out P4P, free vault-cred waiting if you DON'T respond to this one!

Depends what tier you are referring to. It is not too bad. I got a tier 2 item in a few runs. 33 int skills ftw.

butt-hurt about that? why? you could do that with old shroud too, no?

Not too bad, but still several runs hoping to get the exact mats you need in end chest. Kinda opposite... the higher values are in the first 2 tiers with the later tier having the lower yet stacking bonus. For example, int skills is 22 enhancement for t1 11 insight for t2 and 6 quality for t3.

Yall obsessed...
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:14pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
That's pretty awesome. I'm glad its a bit more front-loaded, I may yet roll up an item for my next life(not worth making one on this one - its been fun but I won't be playing a GxB life again for a long time, if ever).

So how closely does it follow the old system in terms of the tiers? I was thinking of doing whatever the modern equivalent of Aspect of Mineral II is for the DR-breaking.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Lev 26 ML as well.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
He's coming to stalk grand soon lol.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Idk... tf was a super grind to those who didnt dupe.. its shitty you cant trade mats or pass codex in the chest.. turbine is the ones that are super butthurt. Theyre mad that some people duped before and pass around mats with tf.

They wanted us to still be in there grinding that shit as end game. But then they had to make some toee garbage after to give people a grind.

So now.. they are just fucking everyone including the innocent by binding pretty much everyfucking thing since then. So that everyone wont benefit by future tricks. And so that you have to buy the packs to get the new loot instead of ah/friends. They are cold. Now timers dont work for new raids either. I cant wait to see what kind of cold ass shit they come up with next..

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Thunderforged wasn't that bad of a grind.  I ran Reavers Fate 80 times for Madstone boots on one toon.  Because the 20th run lists weren't full lists.  Or, the grind for the original red dragon armor.  20 scales plus the shard of the red dragon?  That was way more than 20-25 runs. 

But, on topic, this isn't too bad.  You can get a lot of power from t1 and t2 and can make them quickly. 

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
93 tod's to get a kyosho ring....

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 9:05pm:

heard that.  fucking pita.  But at least you got some +4's along the way.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 9:05pm:

Freaking luck eh?  ran  a tod with some newbs, basically soloed the place for them. One pulled the necklace on nythirios chest and then got kyosho ring on last one. Dude was like: is it good? do i leave it it or should i loot it?

On his first-freaking run  Undecided

60 runs and i still havent seen the fucking frenzied ring yet.

Ontopic: Namineo, for what ive seen on live, tier 1 and 2 are ok-ish if you dont go for accesory 4 set.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 9:55pm:
But at least you got some +4's along the way.

Whut eez thees "+4" of wheech u speek?

(I miss those days...)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
yeah the upgrade tomes pretty effectively ruined "finding tomes as random loot".

It only got worse when they threw in ability tomes.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
It only got worse when they threw in ability tomes.

Do you mean skill tomes?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Over 200 runs to get sos shard.  Grin

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:21am:

Around 80 runs only to find out I already had it somewhere in a green bag (I'm a NOOB I know)

I'm so not going to farm for LGS. I think items from raids that require extensive crafting should met one or both requisites:

- Have an extra lower level so you can use at your earliest convenience
- Be very, very powerful

lv 26 is too low since I can easily use a tier 2 TF and complete any quest I want (not to mention the fact that LGS seems like an half assed version of what the heroic is)

TF weapons are very powerful and, some effects, are extremely powerful that they had to nerf or invalidate in legendary content. The set requires waaaaaaaaaay too many items to be worthwhile and is excruciating to farm for casters since it's the only way they can get spell citical chance

LGS does not meet any of requisites (just an opinion of course). The amount of grind in return for character power is just not worth it

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:41pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:41pm:
TF weapons are very powerful and, some effects, are extremely powerful that they had to nerf or invalidate in legendary content.

Dragon's Edge at T2 is still VERY powerful. 

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:41pm:
Around 80 runs only to find out I already had it somewhere in a green bag (I'm a NOOB I know)

I'm so not going to farm for LGS. I think items from raids that require extensive crafting should met one or both requisites:

- Have an extra lower level so you can use at your earliest convenience
- Be very, very powerful

lv 26 is too low since I can easily use a tier 2 TF and complete any quest I want (not to mention the fact that LGS seems like an half assed version of what the heroic is)

TF weapons are very powerful and, some effects, are extremely powerful that they had to nerf or invalidate in legendary content. The set requires waaaaaaaaaay too many items to be worthwhile and is excruciating to farm for casters since it's the only way they can get spell citical chance

LGS does not meet any of requisites (just an opinion of course). The amount of grind in return for character power is just not worth it

my kill count trolls melees in end game that still use their tf and think it's very powerful Wink

the legendary vacuum itself is more powerful than all the effects on the tf.

my tf is relocated to portal duty only because it regens  boosts.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:25pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Attacks and offensive spells have a [100%] chance to inflict multiple [6-7] stacks of Vulnerable

Honestly this kind of effect seems more suited for bosses than trash. Not saying it's useless but against something that is not fire/negative immune a TF proc is probably more effective. Thanks for the insight anyway, it looks nice to put on ranged weapons

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
how many stacks can this go to? 20?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:21am:

You got one in only 200 runs? Asshole.

lol friggin that thing could not always have been this much of a grind. Shard of the red dragon is even rarer and I see people every day with those things!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Hey I've had my filter up, did Puerto Potty post here and get ignored by everyone or not? I'm curious if outright challenging him to shut his ugly face just to prove he can't has paid off for me.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Vulnerability is the most overvalued effect in DDO.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #22 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:05am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:50pm:
You got one in only 200 runs? Asshole.

lol friggin that thing could not always have been this much of a grind. Shard of the red dragon is even rarer and I see people every day with those things!

Got like 3-4 of those.
Passed 2, made 2 armors.
Got sos shard after so many runs, then next run I get another one.
Grinding for items at this point in ddo is worth it only if you have no pl`s to do, otherwise you will get more use out of past life than that item you are grinding for.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:06am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
After a certain point I just want the item... I know it won't better my life in any significant way, but I want it. Lol as for the eSoS I've got about 5 PLs planned where it will be nice. Not required, but I struggle to think of a better ML20 weapon.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:12am:
Not required, but I struggle to think of a better ML20 weapon.

There isn't one.  They nerfed it twice and it is till the best 2-hander for early epics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint