Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Just how grindy is legendary GS? (Read 9261 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Just how grindy is legendary GS?
Reply #25 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I've actually seen 2 shards drop, also 2 red dragon shards. /sigh, never for me.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #26 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
still great wep till lvl 25-26.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 5:40pm:
Honestly this kind of effect seems more suited for bosses than trash. Not saying it's useless but against something that is not fire/negative immune a TF proc is probably more effective. Thanks for the insight anyway, it looks nice to put on ranged weapons

that's just not true at all.

you must not play a melee that cleaves with haste boost.  6-7 stacks per hit per mob everytime.  within a few cleaves you've just 20% vulnerability on a handful + mobs and that doesn't take into account any helpless status your cleaves applied to them as well.  making that 20% even greater of an effect.

i'm sorry but melees with tf just do not keep up in any of  end game content.

the vulnerable from tf is absolute trash and has minimal to no impact on actual trash mobs.  1 stack of vulnerable everything 3 seconds is garbage considering you can put 20 stacks within 2 swings.

go ahead and make a twf barbarian with dual tf and i promise you'll my twf barbarian with dual lgs will outperform yours 9.5/10
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2016 at 6:59pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
"Just how grindy is legendary GS?"

Seems alright, I was surprised at the amount of small and meds are available. When I saw they would be for sale I expected much lower drop rates, but a dozen or so legendary shrouds and I'v got plenty.

The Tier III stuff isn't horrible, but I'm finding that Large bones are pretty rare, not one yet.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #29 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 5:58am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 11:12am:
After a certain point I just want the item... I know it won't better my life in any significant way, but I want it. Lol as for the eSoS I've got about 5 PLs planned where it will be nice. Not required, but I struggle to think of a better ML20 weapon.

Share them so I can play them since you wont be able to do that for some time.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #30 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 6:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 1:44pm:
I've actually seen 2 shards drop, also 2 red dragon shards. /sigh, never for me.

http://prntscr.com/9qd18v Cheesy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 5:58am:
Share them so I can play them since you wont be able to do that for some time.

I don't know the exact level splits or builds I'll be doing yet, but these are all the lives I plan to run through clutching a greatsword:

1. Some kinda barbarian(haven't decided just yet) - probably just the 1
2. Favored Soul with some splits, don't recal the exact layout - might do all 3, its melee but will grant me spell pen!
3. Cleric/paladin split, mostly cleric for the PL - only 1 cleric, PL not that rad
4. PALADIN HACKS FOREVER!!!!!, *ahem* balls-oult pure paladin life, bladeforged - may do 3 if its as much fun as I think
5. Fighter - got 1 more fighter life in me

So that's actually 5-9 lives and if I tried real hard I bet I could find even more Tongue I've come to the conclusion after many lives that I don't have an "ultimate goal" - just keep TRing because the next life is the best life. Except druid. Fuck druids.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #32 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 12:26pm:
3. Cleric/paladin split, mostly cleric for the PL - only 1 cleric, PL not that rad

For me, the best part of the Cleric past lives has been having Turn Undead kind of work on my Paladin lives.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #33 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 4:14am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 12:26pm:
I don't know the exact level splits or builds I'll be doing yet, but these are all the lives I plan to run through clutching a greatsword:

1. Some kinda barbarian(haven't decided just yet) - probably just the 1
2. Favored Soul with some splits, don't recal the exact layout - might do all 3, its melee but will grant me spell pen!
4. PALADIN HACKS FOREVER!!!!!, *ahem* balls-oult pure paladin life, bladeforged - may do 3 if its as much fun as I think
5. Fighter - got 1 more fighter life in me

So that's actually 5-9 lives and if I tried real hard I bet I could find even more Tongue I've come to the conclusion after many lives that I don't have an "ultimate goal" - just keep TRing because the next life is the best life. Except druid. Fuck druids.

Meh, did cleric 1, pally and barb did 3, ftr I think 2.
So that leaves me with fvs.  Grin
Did pally 3 when they sucked ass.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 3:06pm:
For me, the best part of the Cleric past lives has been having Turn Undead kind of work on my Paladin lives.

I've never actually tried to use turn undead(my first character was a paladin and didn't have it hot-bared). Had to many vietnam-style flashbacks to paladining in World of Warcraft. Let me give you a brief rundown.

Turn Undead in WoW:
1. Get into a fight with a powerful undead you can't handle.
2.Turn said undead
3. Watch undead run away and aggro 6-8 additional mobs
4. Bubble/stone because fuck that so hard.

There's some obligatory question marks and profit in there, but I never did run into a scenario where turn undead did anything besides get me ultra-killed.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Intervention wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 6:55pm:
that's just not true at all.

you must not play a melee that cleaves with haste boost.  6-7 stacks per hit per mob everytime.  within a few cleaves you've just 20% vulnerability on a handful + mobs and that doesn't take into account any helpless status your cleaves applied to them as well.  making that 20% even greater of an effect.

i'm sorry but melees with tf just do not keep up in any of  end game content.

the vulnerable from tf is absolute trash and has minimal to no impact on actual trash mobs.  1 stack of vulnerable everything 3 seconds is garbage considering you can put 20 stacks within 2 swings.

go ahead and make a twf barbarian with dual tf and i promise you'll my twf barbarian with dual lgs will outperform yours 9.5/10

So they get fully stacked .1 seconds faster in a group instead of actually adding damage?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #36 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 at 3:06pm:

how well did it "kind of" work?  I was thinking about trying (with cleric past lives) a 16 paladin/4 cleric to boost the turn undead, but the 16 paladin is there to melee everything else.  it will be gimp compared to a full paladin, but there's lots of undead
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2016 at 2:56pm by painkiller »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 2:55pm:
how well did it "kind of" work? 

Three extra Divine Mights!

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #38 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 2:55pm:
how well did it "kind of" work?  I was thinking about trying (with cleric past lives) a 16 paladin/4 cleric to boost the turn undead, but the 16 paladin is there to melee everything else.  it will be gimp compared to a full paladin, but there's lots of undead

With two cleric past lives, it was reasonably reliable.  It worked well enough for me to keep Turn Undead and Seek Eternal Rest on my hotbar.  It would have been close to no-fail if I'd worked out slotting in some Sacred or Faith gear.

I would sooner figure out how to get Sacred and Eternal Faith slotted (even if only situationally swap in for turns) than pollute a Paladin with 4 levels of Cleric.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 3:28pm:
I would sooner figure out how to get Sacred and Eternal Faith slotted (even if only situationally swap in for turns) than pollute a Paladin with 4 levels of Cleric.

Well said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint