Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic More Frequent Patches? (Read 3522 times)
Dispel
Ex Member

More Frequent Patches?
Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:38am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues

Why is that list so big? I mean, some of the easier things to fix should be fixed already and taken off the list. Why aren't we seeing overnight patches saying they fixed this-or-that?

Everything under "Enhancements" and "Feats" just pisses me off. There are builds out there suffering or not even being made because of that garbage. Things like missing a crit multiplier or your abilities not scaling with the correct amount of spellpower...

How can we get them on that harder? At least the Enhancements and Feats part of that list because those are the most infuriating, at least if any of them affect you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: More Frequent Patches?
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 7:56am
Print Post  
you know that it's not a complete list...

Actually it's barely 10% of the known issues ( as in known by the players ).  Roll Eyes

Turbine's definition of a known issue ( as in something to be written in the list you linked ) is as follow :

An issue for which we have enough logs and data to be able to address it at some point in the future.
There's no need for more bug reports about it, there's no need for more videos/posts/PMs/whatever about it.

Anything else is not a known issue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
How can we get them on that harder?

What?!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues

Why is that list so big? I mean, some of the easier things to fix should be fixed already and taken off the list. Why aren't we seeing overnight patches saying they fixed this-or-that?

Everything under "Enhancements" and "Feats" just pisses me off. There are builds out there suffering or not even being made because of that garbage. Things like missing a crit multiplier or your abilities not scaling with the correct amount of spellpower...

How can we get them on that harder? At least the Enhancements and Feats part of that list because those are the most infuriating, at least if any of them affect you.

Let's look at the list:

Enhancements:
Significant Impact:
The Shadow Arrows bonus to critical damage multiplier is not triggering correctly for the Elven Arcane Archer.
The Swashbuckler stance is not applying its +1 Critical multiplier to thrown weapons.
Shintao: the light based moves do not build up to finishing moves.

Minor Impact/scope:
Ranger Deepwood Stalker: Improved Weapon Finesse - Dexterity to Damage does not work correctly with thrown weapons.
The Paladin's Improved Dilettante does not add up to three points of the character's Charisma bonus to increased Saving Throws.

No Impact:
Barbarian Ravager's Blood Strength not not have its one second cooldown for its on-kill heal.
Warlock Enlightened Spirit's Eldritch Aura is incorrectly not being affected by Arcane Spell Failure.
The Monk Henshin Mystic's "Every Light Casts a Shadow" negative level benefit can affect hirelings, pets, and other players.
The Kensei Agility enhancement's tool tip displays incorrect information when taken or reset until the character logs out and then logs back into the game.
The Deepwood Stalker enhancement "Improved Weapon Finesse" is not applying to Unarmed attacks or Handwraps.

Feats:
Significant Impact:
Eldritch Blast Focused is incorrectly scaling with 115% Spellpower, and should be 130%.
Eldritch Aura is incorrectly scaling with 115% Spellpower, and should be 130%.

Minor Impact:

No Impact:
Eldritch Blast Chain is scaling with 97% Spellpower, and should be 95%.
Epic Feats do not list their Pre-Requisites.

So, we have 3 Enhancements that really matter.  1 of which is a recent change from the Ranger pass, so it hasn't been on the list more than a few weeks.  The other two, I could go with limited scope, considering the number of Bard throwers and monks doing light finishing moves, but whatever.  They have impact.  I gave it to you.

We have two feats that matter.  But, 1) They just changed Warlock damage scaling in the balance pass, so these are, likewise, only 1 update old, and 2) Warlocks are insanely OP anyways so nobody is bitching about their damage output.  It certainly isn't killing anyone's enjoyment of playing their warlock. 

And this is something that people should be getting all worked up about? 

Quote:
Everything under "Enhancements" and "Feats" just pisses me off.

Really?  A tool tip not working "pisses you off"?  Warlocks getting an extra 2% damage on Chain attacks "pisses you off"?

I think you should take a deep breath.

Jesus, Focker.  It's just a game.  Not a dick.  Don't take it so hard. 
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:50pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
Let's look at the list:

Minor Impact/scope:
Ranger Deepwood Stalker: Improved Weapon Finesse - Dexterity to Damage does not work correctly with thrown weapons.

This has been fixed since U28.1. I have a thrower build and confirmed it. In fact, I was very excited about that fix.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:54pm:
This has been fixed since U28.1. I have a thrower build and confirmed it. In fact, I was very excited about that fix.

What's your class/level split?  I've not seen a ton of thrower builds using Ranger much.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2016 at 4:00pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 2:29am
Print Post  
That's their known issues list, Ash. We all know the actual issues list is 10 times longer.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Not disagreeing that there are more issues than what's on the known issues list.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 4:00pm:
What's your class/level split?  I've not seen a ton of thrower builds using Ranger much.

12 ranger/7 bard/1 arti. I can't remember the exact AP allotment, but it's something like this: 38 AP in DWS, 18 in Swashbuckler, 13 in Warchanter (mostly for PRR), at least 4 in Spellsinger (for extended bard songs), and the rest in the Drow racial tree for more dexterity and a little bit of extra hit/damage with shuriken.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 8:17am:
12 ranger/7 bard/1 arti. I can't remember the exact AP allotment, but it's something like this: 38 AP in DWS, 18 in Swashbuckler, 13 in Warchanter (mostly for PRR), at least 4 in Spellsinger (for extended bard songs), and the rest in the Drow racial tree for more dexterity and a little bit of extra hit/damage with shuriken.

Interesting.  I've not done a thrower, but was thinking of checking it out when doing some Heroic PL's.

I was thinking something more along the lines of 12 ranger/5 rogue/3 bard, but not sure.  The mechanic tree seemed too sweet to pass up.  But the best crit profile seems to come from Swashbuckler.  It's not something I've spent much time on.  Trying to gather some info on what folks are doing.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
Interesting.  I've not done a thrower, but was thinking of checking it out when doing some Heroic PL's.

I was thinking something more along the lines of 12 ranger/5 rogue/3 bard, but not sure.  The mechanic tree seemed too sweet to pass up.  But the best crit profile seems to come from Swashbuckler.  It's not something I've spent much time on.  Trying to gather some info on what folks are doing. 

Well, sadly, the Swashbuckler critical multiplier doesn't get applied to thrown weapons. I had originally thought a thrower mostly focusing on bard would be fun, and it might be. However, the 20% doubleshot from DWS was too good to go to tier 5 in Swashbuckler. With one epic past life from Primal (3% doubleshot), I have 51% doubleshot with ship buffs and I don't yet have the Dynamistic Quiver.

I went 7 bard because I wanted Displacement as a spell. And I was going 6 bard for sure for the 6th level core. I thought about 12 ranger/6 bard/2 arti so I could equip rune arms to get the fire/acid/etc damage from the rune arm. You can get the AA primary imbues working with thrown weapons by activating it, changing to a bow, then back to your throwing weapon (or logging out with a bow equipped, then it's just activate and switch to the thrown weapon). It's useful when you need acid damage for trolls or something like that, but for me it was a pain to have to constantly do that on every log in and after every rest.

I chose to be Drow for the free shuriken proficiency and Shuriken Expertise feats. This left me room for a toughness feat to compensate for the slightly lower starting Constitution and allowed me to take Empower Healing Spell.

I'm working on filling the Primal sphere karma again for another epic reincarnation, then I'm planning to TR after that. I've been trying to decide whether to 12 monk/6 ranger/2 rogue or stick with ranger/bard. If I go monk, then I get to try that out and I get to do things like use Celestia in my off-hand at high levels to get its effects applied to my thrown weapon. (This also works for weapons with tendon slice, not that that's worth anything now that it's been fixed. For the time it was broken, that was HELLA fun, though.) I know the Ninja Spy 3rd level core gives an extra chance to throw another shuriken based on your dexterity. However, with monk levels, you can't be centered and use non-shuriken throwing weapons. This is a serious limitation, especially at low levels where it's important to use hammers against skeletons.

I've even thought about going pure ranger and getting the AA capstone (20% doubleshot), plus Strikes Like Lightning. The problem for me is that I won't have trap skills, which I like having.

And of course with bard levels and Swashbuckling, you can't use anything in your off-hand. I am still considering going 2 artificer for the rune arm and giving up Displacement, which would require me to reset my Swashbuckler enhancements at high level when I'm ready to get the doubleshot from Dashing Scoundrel. Also, if I put more AP into Warchanter, I could get another 6% doubleshot from there. It would be interesting to know whether Northwind would proc off vorpal hits with thrown weapons. Maybe I'll try that out later.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 1:14pm:
Well, sadly, the Swashbuckler critical multiplier doesn't get applied to thrown weapons. I had originally thought a thrower mostly focusing on bard would be fun, and it might be. However, the 20% doubleshot from DWS was too good to go to tier 5 in Swashbuckler. With one epic past life from Primal (3% doubleshot), I have 51% doubleshot with ship buffs and I don't yet have the Dynamistic Quiver.

I went 7 bard because I wanted Displacement as a spell. And I was going 6 bard for sure for the 6th level core. I thought about 12 ranger/6 bard/2 arti so I could equip rune arms to get the fire/acid/etc damage from the rune arm. You can get the AA primary imbues working with thrown weapons by activating it, changing to a bow, then back to your throwing weapon (or logging out with a bow equipped, then it's just activate and switch to the thrown weapon). It's useful when you need acid damage for trolls or something like that, but for me it was a pain to have to constantly do that on every log in and after every rest.

I chose to be Drow for the free shuriken proficiency and Shuriken Expertise feats. This left me room for a toughness feat to compensate for the slightly lower starting Constitution and allowed me to take Empower Healing Spell.

I'm working on filling the Primal sphere karma again for another epic reincarnation, then I'm planning to TR after that. I've been trying to decide whether to 12 monk/6 ranger/2 rogue or stick with ranger/bard. If I go monk, then I get to try that out and I get to do things like use Celestia in my off-hand at high levels to get its effects applied to my thrown weapon. (This also works for weapons with tendon slice, not that that's worth anything now that it's been fixed. For the time it was broken, that was HELLA fun, though.) I know the Ninja Spy 3rd level core gives an extra chance to throw another shuriken based on your dexterity. However, with monk levels, you can't be centered and use non-shuriken throwing weapons. This is a serious limitation, especially at low levels where it's important to use hammers against skeletons.

I've even thought about going pure ranger and getting the AA capstone (20% doubleshot), plus Strikes Like Lightning. The problem for me is that I won't have trap skills, which I like having.

And of course with bard levels and Swashbuckling, you can't use anything in your off-hand. I am still considering going 2 artificer for the rune arm and giving up Displacement, which would require me to reset my Swashbuckler enhancements at high level when I'm ready to get the doubleshot from Dashing Scoundrel. Also, if I put more AP into Warchanter, I could get another 6% doubleshot from there. It would be interesting to know whether Northwind would proc off vorpal hits with thrown weapons. Maybe I'll try that out later.

Good stuff.  Thanks!

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 1:57pm:
Good stuff.  Thanks!

You're welcome. I haven't done a lot of work getting a variety of weapons. So, I have a ML 27 Solar hammer of Improved Disruption, a tier 2 TF shuriken with a Meteoric Star Ruby slotted, a Dagan's Mallet, a Snowstar, a Shadowstar, and a few others (such as a Ghost Touch Flametouched Iron Returning Throwing Hammer of Undead Bane). I don't have a smiting hammer and my Dagan's Mallet is the only thing I have right now that can bypass the DR of Archons. I'm probably going to make a TF shuriken with a Ruby of Good slotted.

The Snowstar outperforms even green steel bows (and this character has 3 ranger past lives and an array of green steel bows) and was my primary weapon until I got my TF shuriken at level 22. If I recall correctly, the Snowstar had a crit range of 11-20 and a x3 multiplier. It might have been 13-20. What I do remember is that the crit profile and crit damage are basically insane. With the rate of fire that you get from Shuriken Expertise and doubleshot, it's a really powerful weapon and that's what puts it over green steel bows. Shadowstar is a good weapon until you can use Snowstar. Also, Shadowstar is slightly improved over what it used to be. They added a red augment and I think the damage is slightly better than it used to be.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Oh, and you should know that it appears at least some throwing axes and some other throwing weapons (notably Return to Sender and Epic Return to Sender) are bugged and do not make attack rolls when Improved Precise Shot is turned on. This means they also don't deal any damage when IPS is turned on. I have an Epic Return to Sender because I wanted to glamer it; I was also excited to try using it just to see (it's a throwing dagger and so I knew it wasn't going to be my primary weapon, anyway). Another user on the mobos confirmed this bug exists with the heroic version. There's another thread on the mobos talking about a legendary green steel throwing axe and it seems it isn't just green steel throwing axes that are bugged.

I also have an Etched Spelltouched shuriken from the Eveningstar challenges. This is a worthwhile weapon to have. Mine happens to have good damage and bypass adamantine. I had to turn in the stuff and return the weapon a couple of times to get one that I liked. It also does paralyzing, which is surprisingly effective in epic levels. I'm planning on running some more Eveningstar challenges in order to get more materials and try to get a nice ML 20 weapon (my current one is ML 24).

I also took Pierce Silver as my level 26 Epic Destiny feat because there wasn't anything else particularly useful. This has been really nice with my ML 24 shuriken.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I tried out North Winds. It does work on thrown weapons, but the cost to get it is just too high. However, I did drop my enhancements from the Drow tree, reduced my AP spend in Swashbuckler by 2 (gave up +1 dex there), and invested more into Warchanter to get Reckless Chant, which brings my doubleshot up to 57% with guild buffs. It drops my dexterity by 3, which costs +2 attack, damage, and reflex saves. However, I think the extra 6% doubleshot is worth the cost. If you want to freeze enemies like North Winds, I would say to use the Frozen Tunic instead - especially since North Winds has an 18 second cooldown (with 6 AP invested), whereas the Frozen Tunic has at worst a 1 second cooldown (and I don't think it even has that).

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 3:59pm:
It also does paralyzing, which is surprisingly effective in epic levels.

This is why I love my Coffin Nail.  The Improved Paralyzing is effective even in EE content.  I've kept the air elemental in Subversion paralyzed through almost the entire fight, which is nice since getting tossed around by an air elemental is one of my least favorite things in DDO.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint