Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Someone had a bad day... (Read 2860 times)
Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Someone had a bad day...
Jan 21st, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Just read this for some comic relief. Dude so dumb and stubborn that hits Fran´s levels https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/470764-how-to-make-ddo-more-challengin...

And for those banned on motherboards:

In quotes  is Elsbet, the responses are from laevetian:

Quote:
You're just wrong. The mobs are already overpowered with one-hit kill spells. multiple times I've been one-shotted for -3000 damage. Is there even a toon with 4k HP?

i'm sick of you people. i am sick and tired of you. you will say monsters are too strong, others will say telegraph system would make things easy. whatever you suggest some low life forum dweller will pop up and try to prove how smart he or she is and oppose it. i am sick of you. so if mob hit you with 3k then you need a tell, right? but then you said....

Quote:
All of those attacks have tells if you are watching and not focused, say on someone's health bar.

so why do you freaking getting one-shotted then dimwit? can't you read tells? what's the problem? you can't focus? your attention span is just too short? from what you said so far, you should want a telegraph system, because they hit so hard and you keep getting one shotted.

Quote:
Their reach is already ridiculous. How can they hit me through a wall when my spells and weapons won't?

i don't give a **** about that. go report a bug if they hit through walls. never happened to me.

Quote:
"Very hurty"? I'm not eight years old.

so i went and acted a bit goofy by choosing funny words... crucify me. any other microscopic **** you wanna pick? you freaking stuck up moron?

Quote:
My seven-year-old nephews have better twitch skills than 75% of the players on this game because the only things they do are ski and play on a computer. Ski season is way shorter than the duration of the internet. Your problem is that you can't handle the game. That's the only reason I can see for anyone masking a massive easy button as a "challenge".

go tell that to other guy who come up with "8 years old kid argument" first, mine was a folow up. but **** you and **** your ****ing nephews. i don't give a **** about your relatives and i don't wanna hear moronic stories about them.

i can't handle the game and that's why i want it to be more difficult?

ARE YOU A COMPLETE MORON?

my problem is you ****ing morons. not anything else. all of you forum dwellers are nothing but ****ing cancer.

geez. *sigh* that was a relief
Last edited by laevetian; 01-21-2016 at 10:13 AM.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Re: Someone had a bad day...
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
the nerdrage is strong with this one. always swlightly amusing when someone wants to play a different game without logging out of ddo.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
There's two games in DDO as the Merkinspotter... well spotted.

there's the 1337 one where the game is... too easy.

then there's the casual one where the game is almost as hard as it was when it started.
( ok, at low level it has been quite watered down... Waterworks used to be unforgiving, even on normal )

Now in fact there's more than two games as :

there's also the bit somewhere in the middle where those that have ( the items, the old stuff, the quest knowledge ) allows them to play in the 13337 sandbox with characters that wouldn't be able to do it normally.

And last there's also those that just want to play it with friends for the fun... And don't care if they wipe, rule out over the mob or whatever as long as they are having fun with friends.

TL; DR: you can't please everybody in a game like DDO. The 1337 group is the most vocal, but also the smallest, so just let them whine.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
The kind of AoE visual tells the poster is referring to are unnecessary.  You learn from experience how much reach a Troll has vs. a Kobold.  How to dodge a charging Minotaur.  They give tells on some stuff.  Blue Goo in MoD, The cannon blasts, etc.  Too much will cause lag and just dumbs things down.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:11am
Print Post  
yeah, somebody spent too much time in Neverwinter or other mainstream game.

When Minos start to rub foot on floor facing you, straight ahead charge he will. Take two steps to the left ( or the right ) to avoid Minos.

When Gnoll starts to wave club above head like a mad, expect Tripple Bash to happen.

Arrows DO NOT go through Rocks, Trees or any other Terrain Features, they also take some time between source and target and fly straight.
Don't stay in their path.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

some of the things are so obvious.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 21st, 2016 at 10:57pm:
The kind of AoE visual tells the poster is referring to are unnecessary.  You learn from experience how much reach a Troll has vs. a Kobold.  How to dodge a charging Minotaur.  They give tells on some stuff.  Blue Goo in MoD, The cannon blasts, etc.  Too much will cause lag and just dumbs things down. 

Actually that would be quite fine use for skills like spellcraft, if it were use in spirit of PnP game.

Otherwise from my experience from MMO using visual tells - the secret world - its not bad at all, and from my experience it makes combat quite more dynamic, and bit easier to handle. In DDO in some situations i m not really able whats goin on  thru all ongoing effects, even if there are visual clues via animations and such.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:11am:

Obvious to those with higher attention spans.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 4:33am
Print Post  
yeah, somebody spent too much time in Neverwinter or other mainstream game.

When Minos start to rub foot on floor facing you, straight ahead charge he will. Take two steps to the left ( or the right ) to avoid Minos.

When Gnoll starts to wave club above head like a mad, expect Tripple Bash to happen.

Arrows DO NOT go through Rocks, Trees or any other Terrain Features, they also take some time between source and target and fly straight.
Don't stay in their path.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

most of things are obvious - reach of the dragons in FotP really is not. Quite lot times i was bit in half out of nowhere while kiting dragon - and i really try to be off danger zone while doing so.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 4:28am:
Otherwise from my experience from MMO using visual tells - the secret world - its not bad at all, and from my experience it makes combat quite more dynamic, and bit easier to handle. In DDO in some situations i m not really able whats goin on  thru all ongoing effects, even if there are visual clues via animations and such.

Are we playing the same Secret World? Cuz more dynamic combat is one thing that it lacks, especially if you compare it to DDO.

In secret world you have 8 active abilities that two weapons share, plus the one active for the aux weapon.

Dodging properly is problematic, I think I was able to dodge purposely 3 times. And blocking consists of passive abilities and hitting gear numbers, instead of active blocking like ddo.

And if you're talking about nightmare content in sw, the builds and gear start becoming very cookie cutter in my experience.

SW blows ddo away in alot of areas, but combat isn't one of them. And I wished sw had DDOs sneaking for their sabotage mission.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:38am:
Are we playing the same Secret World? Cuz more dynamic combat is one thing that it lacks, especially if you compare it to DDO.

In secret world you have 8 active abilities that two weapons share, plus the one active for the aux weapon.

Dodging properly is problematic, I think I was able to dodge purposely 3 times. And blocking consists of passive abilities and hitting gear numbers, instead of active blocking like ddo.

And if you're talking about nightmare content in sw, the builds and gear start becoming very cookie cutter in my experience.

SW blows ddo away in alot of areas, but combat isn't one of them. And I wished sw had DDOs sneaking for their sabotage mission.

I have more dungeon bosses fights in mind - with bosses changing attack forms, using special attacks etc - thus forcing players to change formation and move and actually use some base tactic - not like box the boss and mash random buttons in ddo.

otherwise u re right. DDO has more dynamic combat than any other similar game. Sorry I m not native speaker so its sometimes quite hard to find proper words for expressing the right nuances.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  

I like to jump over them. They stop charging almost immediately and it's only a short run to start attacking them from behind again. Plus, they're stuck in one spot for a moment making it even easier to wail away on them. The only thing to watch out for is if you jump over them while they're still rubbing their foot on the ground, then when they move after that, that movement will have the force of a full charge behind it. So, they have a chance in that instance to knock you away, knock you down, and deal some damage to you.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 4:28am:
Actually that would be quite fine use for skills like spellcraft, if it were use in spirit of PnP game.

Nice on the Spellcraft, that's perfect. But with lag as bad as it frequently is, I think the "tells" would be "tolds" more often than not  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:04am:
I have more dungeon bosses fights in mind - with bosses changing attack forms, using special attacks etc - thus forcing players to change formation and move and actually use some base tactic - not like box the boss and mash random buttons in ddo.

otherwise u re right. DDO has more dynamic combat than any other similar game. Sorry I m not native speaker so its sometimes quite hard to find proper words for expressing the right nuances.

Ahh. Okay, I can agree with this.

IMO, the best boss fight in DDO is In the Flesh. OTOH, I'm also an odd duck that thinks that Spinners is one of the best structured quests in DDO. Both of those would fit nicely into Secret World.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint