Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Treasure Hunter's Elixirs (Read 14900 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Treasure Hunter's Elixirs
Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:47pm:
Be serious.  Otto's boxes, xp pots, stat tomes, and mana pots pay for more content than actual content.  If you think content is a top seller in the store then you haven't been paying attention.

If you are a fan of more content then you want Turbine making this stuff so that people will buy it.  I don't care if someone wants to spend their own money on some exilir that will give an undocumented (read: microscopic) boost to the possibility of getting better loot. 

Maybe within a certain demographic, but it isn't universal, and I'd want to see some references before even believing it was true on average.

A quick survey of my guild mates who have logged in in the last 6 moths gave quite different results. Of the 8 recent logins, all had purchased adventure packs and/or classes or races, none had purchased Ottos boxes, and only 1 had even purchased Tomes or Spell Pots. None had purchased bypass timers, potions other than spell points, spirit cakes, etc. Shared bank space and a few bags, too, I guess those aren't really content either, but they certainly aren't in the same class as loot potions.

I'm not certain you are wrong, but I'm not convinced you're right, either. Generalizing that those things generate more revenue than content has tenuous support at best.

Furthermore, all of those things are useless without content to use them in. Even if I ceded the point on overall dollar value of the non-content sales, the content is what provides the opportunity to make those sales. A movie theater may make more money off the concession stand than it does off the admission for the movie, but they can't stop showing movies, or even just show crap movies. They need good content to get people in the door and keep them coming back.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:51am
Print Post  
I did think they probably only have the Please Not Me, Not Yet team left by now.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:46am:
Furthermore, all of those things are useless without content to use them in. Even if I ceded the point on overall dollar value of the non-content sales, the content is what provides the opportunity to make those sales. A movie theater may make more money off the concession stand than it does off the admission for the movie, but they can't stop showing movies, or even just show crap movies. They need good content to get people in the door and keep them coming back.

This is a very good point!

I don't doubt those little extras are great sellers, but you need some new content to keep player stimulated and needing/wanting those extras.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #28 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Bump

- Zorro

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #29 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Cheesy

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #30 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Grin

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #31 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Cool

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #32 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Wink

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Smiley

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 6:38am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:59am:
Smiley

ILoveExploits - I can kind of understand following P4P around and mocking his posts (even though you haven't realised that it has no effect).
But why multiple posts in a row of smileys?

Are you trying to spam more than P4P or pad your post count?
It just seems pointless- more pointless than most of the shit around here at least.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #35 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 10:15am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 6:38am:
ILoveExploits - I can kind of understand following P4P around and mocking his posts (even though you haven't realised that it has no effect).
But why multiple posts in a row of smileys?

Are you trying to spam more than P4P or pad your post count?
It just seems pointless- more pointless than most of the shit around here at least.

One smile for each time the thread was bumped off the front page with a necrod thread.

It's a terrible way to pad post counts.  Sasha managed to pad his post count to over 3k without spamming multiple threads, I'm sure ILE would do something similar if that was their goal.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:46am:

100% agree with this.  Content drives revenue in all forms.  Including the consumables.  Your movie/concessions analogy is perfect.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 10:15am:
One smile for each time the thread was bumped off the front page with a necrod thread.

I see.
"Bumped" would be more informative and not be mistaken for stupidfuckery.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #38 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:40pm:
I see.
"Bumped" would be more informative and not be mistaken for stupidfuckery.

Doesn't see, confused by rudimentary terminology, making up "pee pee, ca ca" words, grotesque faggotry; yep, that's Remi!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I'm incredibly surprised they haven't released the T.H. elixers in time for the +2 loot weekend, it's not as though they are hesitant to go live with broken content.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2016 at 3:18pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 3:59pm:

The new elixir's are supposed to add a % to the loot roll?

I noticed yesterday that loot gems now no longer say +1/2 levels, but +% to random loot rolls?

Think someone cocked up the description?  Doesn't make sense that they would change existing loot gems?

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:19am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 5:05pm:
The new elixir's are supposed to add a % to the loot roll?

I noticed yesterday that loot gems now no longer say +1/2 levels, but +% to random loot rolls?

Think someone cocked up the description?  Doesn't make sense that they would change existing loot gems?

Glad you like it!

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
+2 loot weekend is broken.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #43 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:24pm:

He hasn't pulled shit, therefore, it's not working: brilliant, faggot!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:24pm:

I pulled 2X +15 items over the weekend man, did you have all the buffs running?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #45 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
So has everything been converted to added %? Ship buff, weekend bonus, jewels of fortune, chest blessing, (and diplo  Cheesy)? Anybody know if they stack (or at least if Turdbin thinks they stack)?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #46 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:57pm:
So has everything been converted to added %? Ship buff, weekend bonus, jewels of fortune, chest blessing, (and diplo  Cheesy)? Anybody know if they stack (or at least if Turdbin thinks they stack)?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
I've been running these, with no effect thus far that I can see.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #48 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've been running these, with no effect thus far that I can see.

"It hasn't worked for me, personally; so it must be broken."

Same stupid shit Remi said; bets on whether or not it's the same faggot socking his ass off?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #49 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I never really understood gambling addiction until I played DDO.

I was able to enjoy the entire game for free mainly due to the gambling and narcissism of others.

I remember someone bought me the expansion pack for around 8 FRDS when it came out and in the early days of Epic Gianthold, I was trading rare EE items for $50 gift cards. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint