Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Scion of Feywild Vs. Ethereal Plane Vs. Arborea ? (Read 17546 times)
yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Scion of Feywild Vs. Ethereal Plane Vs. Arborea ?
Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Care to run a quick dps test ?

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Scion of Feywild Vs. Ethereal Plane Vs. Arborea ?
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I tested them on Lammania when it was up and the feywild won out for me. There are a lot of determining factors though, as there is no clear cut this is the best one ever.

For example, mobs immune/resistant to sonic will reduce feywild, and more than likely make ethereal just as useless, so then arborea would win out.

However, if you are talking no resistance and no fortification, then the feywild wins out imo.

Specific builds also will vary which one to take. I.e. crossbow users might benefit more from ethereal than feywild (pending their ranged power), and tree builds will hands down use arborea over both feywild and ethereal.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Feywild would be ~21 base damage. I'm not sure if they can crit. Depending on Spellpower:
200: 63 damage
400: 105
600: 147
800: 189
1000: 231

Ethereal depends on Melee/Ranged Power and Hide. Sneak attack is affected by 150% from MP/RP. Fortification and sneak attack immunity can prevent it, unlike the other two options. Assuming 99 Hide:
70: ~68 damage
90: ~78
110: ~87
130: ~97
150: ~107
170: ~117

Arborea depends on your current Melee/Ranged Power and damage. It would ruin Celestia's DR breaking. Calculating the gain from this is easier if base damage and sneak attack damage are separated. This is the only one that will improve based on the weapon's crit profile.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Bump

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Feywild is the clear winner on any bard build or build where you can incorporate enough sonic spell power.  On a melee toon, though, fitting in more than a 150 sp item and an insightful 60-70 is unrealistic.   So you are probably looking at around 180-260 spell power.  I'd guesstimate damage around 50-80 per hit.  Also better on Twf builds where you are getting in a lot of swings.  Maybe at lower damage per swing.

Few mobs are sonic resistant, so that makes it a strong option. 

I go with the sneak attack option on any character that is built for sneaks and not having Aggro and has hide as a class skill.  Rogues for sure and monks or rangers depending on build. 

Aborea is strong option for tanks or thf who will have Aggro.  The bigger your base damage, the more this one stands out. And as mentioned above, scales with Crits and works 100% of the time.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:19am:
Arborea depends on your current Melee/Ranged Power and damage. It would ruin Celestia's DR breaking.

How, exactly, does Scion of Arborea break Celestia? I assume you mean there's something about Scion of Arborea that breaks the DR-breaking power of Celestia but I can't see any reason why it would. Mind elaborating on this?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:14am:
How, exactly, does Scion of Arborea break Celestia? I assume you mean there's something about Scion of Arborea that breaks the DR-breaking power of Celestia but I can't see any reason why it would. Mind elaborating on this?

Reading is hard, huh?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:37am
Print Post  

Quote:
    +20 Melee and Ranged Power
    +20 Force Spell Power and +20 Universal Spell Power
    +2 to the Enhancement Bonus of your weapon
    +4 to Fortitude Saves

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Why even bother posting that shit if he can't either read it or comprehend it?!

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:52am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:38am:
Why even bother posting that shit if he can't either read it or comprehend it?!

Both confusion and understanding are suitable outcomes.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
How, exactly, does Scion of Arborea break Celestia?

celestia breaks celestia

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 2:04pm:
celestia breaks celestia

Much the same way that the Vault will break the Vault when I start hacking.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Grin

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Uhm, using sock ip's is now considered hacking ? What ?

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Bump

- Zorro

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Cheesy

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 31st, 2016 at 9:08am:
Feywild is the clear winner on any bard build or build where you can incorporate enough sonic spell power.  On a melee toon, though, fitting in more than a 150 sp item and an insightful 60-70 is unrealistic.   So you are probably looking at around 180-260 spell power.  I'd guesstimate damage around 50-80 per hit.  Also better on Twf builds where you are getting in a lot of swings.  Maybe at lower damage per swing.

Few mobs are sonic resistant, so that makes it a strong option. 

I go with the sneak attack option on any character that is built for sneaks and not having Aggro and has hide as a class skill.  Rogues for sure and monks or rangers depending on build. 

Aborea is strong option for tanks or thf who will have Aggro.  The bigger your base damage, the more this one stands out. And as mentioned above, scales with Crits and works 100% of the time. 

138 aug
36 implement
60 epic
40 feat
-----------------
274 spell power not including any skill bonuses from stat and skill gear, good luck, gh, etc.

300 is easily achievable on any melee build, giving an average of 84 damage a hit.

Yes, it is very effective wherever you go.

With the melee power on my rogue, the sonic damage beat out and was less situational.

Arborea breaks Celestia and is just meh. (Keep in mind you need a base 410 damage (so before melee power) to just break even with sonic at 300 spell power.)
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:31pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:27pm:
Arborea breaks Celestia and is just meh. (Keep in mind you need a base 410 damage (so before melee power) to just break even with sonic at 300 spell power.)

I take it you mean the shortsword?  Why am I not surprised?

I wish they'd fix that sword, but it's just another line in a long list of broken ideas.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:27pm:

If you are swinging Celestia, sonic or sneak attacks is the better choice.  There are other weapons in the game, however.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:44pm
Print Post  

There has long been a bug with Celestia that anything that changes the weapon enchantment or adds an additional damage type to it will alter the base damage type of the weapon (Because it is unique and specially coded, apparently).  Thus, you don't want to put anything in the slots or have any weapon buffs on it that add damage types.  Enchantment effects add the Magic damage type to the weapon.   This is enough to fuck up Celestia.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:41pm:
If you are swinging Celestia, sonic or sneak attacks is the better choice.  There are other weapons in the game, however.

for portal dr breakers?

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
This is why it has a green augment slot instead of a red.  They couldn't make it work so they thought they could get away with that and call it good enough.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:44pm:
for portal dr breakers?

You mean the ones that don't hit back and are basically just a time sink?  I guess if you are interested in trimming off 5 minutes on your shroud runs, then you want a lot of guys wielding celestia. 

You know what else works really well against portals?  A couple of rogues using wrack contstruct, a ranger or two using mark of the hunted (maybe rocking an Epic Sapphire Sting) and maybe an artificer using deconstruct.  My ranger was getting 3k+ crits 3 or 4 times out of 5 in a party that knows what they are doing.  Without wielding Celestia.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:56pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:44pm:
There has long been a bug with Celestia that anything that changes the weapon enchantment or adds an additional damage type to it will alter the base damage type of the weapon (Because it is unique and specially coded, apparently).  Thus, you don't want to put anything in the slots or have any weapon buffs on it that add damage types.  Enchantment effects add the Magic damage type to the weapon.   This is enough to fuck up Celestia. 

Deadly Weapons doesn't break Celestia.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I'm learning to love sonic damage in legendary for sure. It's a scream  Grin Grin Grin

Jokes aside for a moment, seems more and more like the best utility damage for my all -rounders.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint