Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic tech support (Read 5140 times)
lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

tech support
Feb 8th, 2016 at 6:09am
Print Post  
might be considerd off topic but i only use it for ddo so im posting here, if it needs moved so be it

i have a madcatz cyborg gaming mmo7 gaming mouse with programmable keys, one of the features is i can program macros to the keys. i just made a macro that will activate all of my buffs (numpad 1-8) and it works fine until i put a delay in between clicks to allow for cool-downs. when i do this and test it it ether A. freezes my computer forcing me to restart or B. gives me a blues screen saying windows has shut down to prevent harm to my computer.

Windows 7 64 bit

i planned to also make a macro that will apply any buffs i can give others to my entire party ( F2 buff F3 buff ECT) but i anticipate the same issue.

i understand that this is kinda a first world problem and i COULD do it all manually quite easily but i have the ridiculously expensive mouse and would like to get this function to work so i can be lazy because lets be honest, im to lazy to buff those around me manually anyway.

here is a link to the mouse i use
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826618024&nm_mc=KNC-Google...

and here is the manual
http://www.cyborggaming.com/manuals/mmo7_manual.pdf

i have the proper drivers and software (i triple checked)
any thoughts?

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Re: tech support
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:31am
Print Post  
i will shove that fancy mouse of yours so deep into your anus that even king arthur would not be able to pull it out.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:31am:
i will shove that fancy mouse of yours so deep into your anus that even king arthur would not be able to pull it out.

Is that a Greek thing?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
"i'd berry my dick so far inside your ass, whoever pulled it out would be crowned king arthur."

--Anonymous Toddler on Facebook commenting on some prostatot's selfie.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:43am:
berry

bury too maybe?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:52am
Print Post  
I'm quoting: that's how that nigga spelled it.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
That's quite a peculiar problem you have there.

First thing I would check is to make sure it's not some kind of odd disagreement between DDO and the software. When you say you tested the new macro, did you try it without the game running?

I've found that certain games do tend to block certain macro/script software from executing some of their commands properly. Sometimes, running the software as Administrator would remedy that. However, it's very unlikely, nigh impossible that not running as Administrator would cause such a catastrophic failure. Still, it's always worth a shot.

After that, I know it's a shot in the dark, but you could try deliberately loading an outdaded version of the software.

If all else fails, reinstall Windows. Cheesy No, I keed.

~Thank you for visiting The Vault's Questionable & Blatantly Amateurish Tech Support. - This session will cost $29.95 and covers 1 hour of service. If the issue cannot be resolved within 1 hour, and the customer wishes to extend the session, a $49.95 per hour extension fee will be added to the bill.

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:49pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:06pm:
~Thank you for visiting The Vault's Questionable & Blatantly Amateurish Tech Support. - This session will cost $29.95 and covers 1 hour of service. If the issue cannot be resolved within 1 hour, and the customer wishes to extend the session, a $49.95 per hour extension fee will be added to the bill.

the plats in the mail.

but i just had a word document open, since i was hot macroing Keying numbers it should have just typed 12345678
but it is strange for a computer to respond to the same stimuli in 2 different ways
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:56pm by lostthenloved »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:22pm:
but i just had a word document open, since i was hot macroing numbers it should have just typed 12345678
but it is strange for a computer to respond to the same stimuli in 2 different ways

The computer is not responding to the same stimuli in different ways.

Running the mouse macro through Word is not the same stimulus as running it through DDO.

This bit from your OP is troubling:
lostthenloved wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 6:09am:
when i do this and test it it ether A. freezes my computer forcing me to restart or B. gives me a blues screen saying windows has shut down to prevent harm to my computer.

Freezing or Blue Screens are indications of hardware or driver problems.  Are there any relevant entries in your event log?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
Freezing or Blue Screens are indications of hardware or driver problems.  Are there any relevant entries in your event log?

Yeah, Coaly has a point here.

Whocrashed Is some crash dump analysis software that I've found to be quite insightful when I needed to know what was causing some blue screens for me in the past.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
The computer is not responding to the same stimuli in different ways.

Running the mouse macro through Word is not the same stimulus as running it through DDO.

you really need to read my posts all the way through. lostthenloved wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:22pm:
it is strange for a computer to respond to the same stimuli in 2 different ways

means it in fact was responding to the exact same stimuli in 2 different ways.

i didn't run it through ddo ether time.OldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
driver problems.

i do have the right drivers and have even reinstalled themOldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
Are there any relevant entries in your event log?

no, it just tells me windows shut down to prevent damage at X00 hours

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 4:00pm:
you really need to read my posts all the way through

I read your OP all the way through. 

i just made a macro that will activate all of my buffs (numpad 1-8) and it works fine until i put a delay in between clicks to allow for cool-downs. when i do this and test it it ether A. freezes my computer forcing me to restart or B. gives me a blues screen saying windows has shut down to prevent harm to my computer.

Sounds like you tested this in DDO and the computer froze / locked / bluescreened (which are essentially the same outcome).

but i just had a word document open, since i was hot macroing numbers it should have just typed 12345678

Here, it sounds like you tested in Word, but you don't indicate that your test failed.

i do have the right drivers and have even reinstalled them

Yet the computer still locks up and bluescreens when you try to use the macro function of the mouse, and lockups/bluescreens are most often caused by hardware problems or bad/misinstalled drivers. 

You don't say whether or not your computer locks up or bluescreens under other circumstances.

I bothered to google your problem.  What you describe is not a common problem with Mad Catz M.M.O. mice.  The most common complaint about the product is poor build quality. 

There are some people who have complained about Mad Catz M.M.O. mice and bluescreens:
Quote:

and
Quote:

The first link indicates problems with the driver software, the second one is inconclusive.

any thoughts?

My thoughts are that you have a driver problem or a hardware problem, as these are the two most common causes of lockups and bluescreens.

The first time I read your OP, I saw you assert: 
i have the proper drivers and software (i triple checked)

Just because you "triple checked" doesn't mean you don't have a driver problem, and the driver problem wouldn't necessarily be with the Mouse drivers.

Test the hardware and its macro function on another machine to rule out a problem with the mouse itself.

they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 2:33am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
Just because you "triple checked" doesn't mean you don't have a driver problem, and the driver problem wouldn't necessarily be with the Mouse drivers.

sonds about right, i go through the trouble of making sure i do everything right for it to be a driver problem. i never said the drivers were good, just that they are the right ones, so ig it sounds like madcatz fault.OldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
lostthenloved wrote Yesterday at 6:09am:
i just made a macro that will activate all of my buffs (numpad 1-8) and it works fine until i put a delay in between clicks to allow for cool-downs. when i do this and test it it ether A. freezes my computer forcing me to restart or B. gives me a blues screen saying windows has shut down to prevent harm to my computer.

Sounds like you tested this in DDO and the computer froze / locked / bluescreened (which are essentially the same outcome).

lostthenloved wrote Yesterday at 12:22pm:

Here, it sounds like you tested in Word, but you don't indicate that your test failed.

perhaps i just wasn't clear then, i tested in word both times.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Try whocrashed as bones stated, or look at windows Event Viewer if you don't want to install some random program.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I read your OP all the way through. 

Yet the computer still locks up and bluescreens when you try to use the macro function of the mouse, and lockups/bluescreens are most often caused by hardware problems or bad/misinstalled drivers. 

You don't say whether or not your computer locks up or bluescreens under other circumstances.

I bothered to google your problem.  What you describe is not a common problem with Mad Catz M.M.O. mice.  The most common complaint about the product is poor build quality. 

There are some people who have complained about Mad Catz M.M.O. mice and bluescreens:
and

The first link indicates problems with the driver software, the second one is inconclusive.

My thoughts are that you have a driver problem or a hardware problem, as these are the two most common causes of lockups and bluescreens.

The first time I read your OP, I saw you assert: 

Test the hardware and its macro function on another machine to rule out a problem with the mouse itself.

And here I thought only Meat had that level of patience!  Grin

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:00pm:
And here I thought only Meat had that level of patience!  Grin

this isnt the first time coaly has gotten lost in a thread of mine
you really need to read my posts all the way through.

is refering to
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:13am:
Laptops are always a compromise, satisfying some goals at the expense of others.

Without knowing your goals and expectations, it's not reasonable to expect relevant feedback.

About the MSI you linked, I think it's so big and heavy that it won't be very portable, that the graphics will create too much heat to be pleasant on your lap, but that won't be a huge problem because the battery won't last very long, and no SSD is a fail.

Get an XPS 13.

i posted 2 laptops in that thread, both have SSD and are clearly marked as having solid state drives not only in the Specs but IN THE TITLE but here
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:53am:
Make sure you get an SSD.  Neither of the "laptops" you linked have an SSD and for that reason are fail.  You'd be MUCH better off with an internal 512gig SSD and an external 1tb drive for bulk storage than an internal 2tb drive.

he later admits to only having read part of the title before
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 11:46am:
lostthenloved wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:32am:
they... both... have a solid state drive...

Sorry.

I stopped reading at "1 TB HDD" and "1 TB HDD" and didn't see the "128 GB SSD".

giving his opinion. im happy to hear opinions or even criticism, but not from someone to lazy to read the title before commenting
so thank i am being patient grand, nice of you to notice

coaly

my co

i just had a word document open, since i was hot macroing Keying  numbers it should have just typed 12345678

even with the typo, i say i did this in word and the computer responded to the same stimuli in 2 different ways. liniar thinking dictates if i ran the macro in word once, and claim that both events were the same, as long as i was actually there to know what im talking about then both tests were run in word
****SPOILER ALERT****

I was there. both test were the same

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
I admit to trying to focus on the pertinent bits.

Bluescreens and lockups are indicative of either hardware or driver problems. 

~6 pound laptops really suck to haul around.

A 128gb SSD is not adequate.

I'll make efforts to avoid your threads in the future.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 8:37pm:
I'll make efforts to avoid your threads in the future.

that is not necessary, im grateful for your input, i just would like it if you made sure to take all the info into account before giving me the input, especially in areas where i have limited knowledge, mostly because if i dont realize you missed something that might have an effect on the input you provide. i apologize for being a dick, its kinda the default attitude on the vault but i am grateful that you are attempting to help me

calling you lazy was uncalled for even more so since you have actually made a solid effort to provide me with solutions.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #18 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
What OS are you running?
What blue screen error code are you getting?
Have you run a memory test on your machine?
Have the blue screens only occurred when using your mouse software?

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 3:05am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 12:47am:
What OS are you running?

What OS are you running?
Windows 7 64 bit

B. gives me a blues screen saying windows has shut down to prevent harm to my computer.

wut?
yes

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
but there is not a hex like 0x00000007A  or anything like that? A stop code could help figure narrow the issue.

But if it has only happen when using software for your mouse, that's the likely culprit. As previously mentioned, it could be a driver issue. Not necessarily an out of date driver, but a driver conflict.  Did you uninstall any old mouse driver/software before installing your new stuff?

Are there any bangs in your device manager?  A bang will look like this  Exclaim but yellow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint