Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lama U30 pt 1 Release Notes (Read 14821 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Lama U30 pt 1 Release Notes
Reply #25 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
I dunno, the last I heard a dev speak on the subject they said that they were done with "class passes" and would just be doing little tweaks here and there, which seems to match exactly what they plan to do with AT.

You have a source on that?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:41pm:
You have a source on that?

I suppose I could dig through the dev posts, but they are there for you also and you seem to care more than I do.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:02pm:
I suppose I could dig through the dev posts, but they are there for you also and you seem to care more than I do.

It just conflicts with what I've seen in writing.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
I count +60 Electric Spell Power and +27 Universal.  And +5 Evocation DCs.  Not horrible, +87 spell power to Electric overall is fairly decent.  The real lack is the still missing all three trees.

Harper, and at least 5 levels of Rogue for the Rogue's Mechanic tree.

Not complaining that these weren't improvements, but they weren't needed. What Arcanotech needs is to make spell-casting a viable choice. This just makes the gimp more of a newb trap.

Turbine can't muster the creativity to supply a viable alternate build option. That's why Arcanotech still sucks, and Arties still have to look outside their class for viable enhancement trees.

How odd is it that + evoc. for the rune arm is in the opposite tree from the rune arm enhancements? How odd is it that Rogues are better with repeaters? Arties are the ones with their own fucking spell for repeater ammo. How odd is it that Battle Engineer's Tactical Mobility is in Tier Five?

Plusses to spell power & evoc DC are progress, but nothing actually helpful yet. It'd be better if they just removed the other garbage in the cores, like the spell infusions. It clutters the tooltip, and god forbid if someone actually puts Palliative Admixture on their hotbar. They could accidentally hit it at some point and spend the whole insanely long animation regretting it.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #29 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:40pm:
Harper, and at least 5 levels of Rogue for the Rogue's Mechanic tree.

Not complaining that these weren't improvements, but they weren't needed. What Arcanotech needs is to make spell-casting a viable choice. This just makes the gimp more of a newb trap.

Turbine can't muster the creativity to supply a viable alternate build option. That's why Arcanotech still sucks, and Arties still have to look outside their class for viable enhancement trees.

How odd is it that + evoc. for the rune arm is in the opposite tree from the rune arm enhancements? How odd is it that Rogues are better with repeaters? Arties are the ones with their own fucking spell for repeater ammo. How odd is it that Battle Engineer's Tactical Mobility is in Tier Five?

Plusses to spell power & evoc DC are progress, but nothing actually helpful yet. It'd be better if they just removed the other garbage in the cores, like the spell infusions. It clutters the tooltip, and god forbid if someone actually puts Palliative Admixture on their hotbar. They could accidentally hit it at some point and spend the whole insanely long animation regretting it.

OMG, all of this, exactly  Cry

I love Arties, they are a nostalgic echo of a favorite character of mine from real D&D, but damn do they suck in DDO. I still play them, but I just mostly stick to heroic levels and TRing. They don't have to be as good as rogues, but they should at least be on the same order of magnitude.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:51pm:
I love Arties, they are a nostalgic echo of a favorite character of mine from real D&D, but damn do they suck in DDO. I still play them, but I just mostly stick to heroic levels and TRing. They don't have to be as good as rogues, but they should at least be on the same order of magnitude.

With persistence and a good tight-circle kite, you can complete most EE quests. Better, with the right perch. Still, yeah. It takes anywhere from 2 to 10 times as long....

Or ask for admission to the cult of Hordo, that he might bless you with the mystery of the soulstone completion.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
This is as close as I could come to finding something solid.  The search feature at least works now, but it only finds threads and not specific posts and so still leaves it a time consuming exercise to page through many threads while also doing a search on each page.

I know that I've seen similar posts which were much more specific about just picking at things here and there instead of doing a complete "class pass" as has been done in the past, but this will have to do at least for now:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464677-What-can-we-expect-after-the-ra...

This is about half of the post.  Follow the link for the entire thing:

Quote:
Once melee is done we will be concentrating on a few things based on player feedback:

~ Shoring up classes that need a third tree, like Favored Soul, Druid, Artificer.
~ Helping casters in the epic levels become more mana efficient and effective, giving them options outside spamming Ruin and magic missile/Shiradi spam when confronted with bosses.
~ Fixing druid form as part of the druid pass.
~ Fixing monk wraps to act more like weapons so they work with more abilities as part of the monk pass.

(I am implying no particular order when listing these, outside Ranger then Fighter to shore up the non-monk melee classes. Monk is a special case due to wraps.)

Sev~

Note that "after melee" he only lists small changes to classes.  Adding a missing Enhance tree, tweaking mana usage (which is I guess why all the new SLAs in feats and tweaks), fixing wolf form and handwraps, etc.

There's no mention at all about any other class passes, a Divine pass, an Artificer pass (other than the missing third Enhance tree), etc. even being on the schedule.

Ok, he does use the word "pass" when discussing Druids and Monks, but he only mentions specific changes.  And since the above list was his schedule as of 8/27/2015 and here in 2/12/2016 they are announcing minor tweaks to the Arcanotechnician tree instead of that third tree which was the number one item on his list I think that it is safe to say that the devs have no real schedule other than "Ohh, shiny!  Let's do that next!"

Class pass completion date according to their current progress:  6.5 years from the start date, whenever the hell that was.

Later in the thread he posts:
Quote:
Fighter is next after Ranger?

Fortunately two of the trees were changed relatively recently and only need tweaks to bring Fighter in line with other melee classes.

Sev~

Which is hilarious given that the last Fighter changes added an 8 feat tax (as in "spend your feats specifically here or suck") on the class which provided no level of confidence that they know anything at all about game design.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2016 at 10:31pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #32 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Well... People bitched and whined and now there's gnomes.

Yee-fucking-haw.

ArcanoTech still sucks... Nothing is going to fix the MASSIVE fucking gap in DCs between "full casters" and "half casters" like Artificer. So now we get a Poor Man's Air Savant with a dog and medium Armour (no MRR though, that's OP and just for mobs.)

RV hit it bang on the head: The best Arty trees are in other classes or Harper. Which is fucking sad.  You'd think one of the clowns on staff would at least run it through once to make sure it wasn't a complete Goat Rodeo before they pushed this shit to live. Or at least ask a friend who plays, assuming any of these mongoloids have friends (which likely an insult to Down's Syndrome kids everywhere.)

Random Thought: If they get handwraps right as a weapon, would that code not map to double weapons, like Valenar double-scimitar or orc double-axe? Cuz that'd be fucking pimp...  Cool

(Yes, I'm aware I'm  pipe dreaming. Fuck off, I'm about to be gnee-deep in gnasty gnomes.)

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Feb 13th, 2016 at 1:40am:
Well... People bitched and whined and now there's gnomes.

Seriously, like that adds anything to the game.  It's something they can sell, though, and damn but they are proud if it and put a huge pricetag on it.  It will be cheaper for people who want the IPL feat to just buy 3 months of VIP than to pay for the race.
RV hit it bang on the head: The best Arty trees are in other classes or Harper. Which is fucking sad.  You'd think one of the clowns on staff would at least run it through once to make sure it wasn't a complete Goat Rodeo before they pushed this shit to live.

Supposedly Steelstar is a big Artificer fan.  But he apparently does not have either the game design knowledge or the pull in the office to get meaningful change pushed through.

But hey, a pile of Electric spell power and 5 DC is not bad.  Lightning bolt as a SLA makes it cheap, even if it's not the spell you'd like to be casting with free metamagics.  So at least no retrograde advances, right?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #34 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:06am:
Supposedly Steelstar is a big Artificer fan.  But he apparently does not have either the game design knowledge or the pull in the office to get meaningful change pushed through.

That makes perfect sense - If Steelstar loves artificers and that clueless egomaniac Sev loves rangers, artificers would have to be fundamentally gimped so Sev could lead the kill count for their monthly hour of playing DDO.

I wonder if Steelstar is sadistic enough to start playing gnomes, Sev will want to make them overpowered to drive sales, but then Steel might pass him in the kill count. That will make Sev's eye twitch  Cheesy

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
You'd think one of the clowns on staff would at least run it through once to make sure it wasn't a complete Goat Rodeo before they pushed this shit to live.

Pretty sure only Cordo plays. And then only on his livestream. Arti is his favorite class, though. Ask him all about his gimp runearm.

They did at least run it through once ... in order to make it a more complete Goat Rodeo.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #36 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
I am not sure if getting your dick stuck in a goats ass counts as a "rodeo."

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
10 arcanotech/10 air savant, master of air?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 5:26pm:
10 arcanotech/10 air savant, master of air?

Can you max out the caster levels?  I'm thinking it might be too difficult ;o

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #39 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 5:41pm:
Can you max out the caster levels?  I'm thinking it might be too difficult ;o

?

5 from DI
2 savant
3 from abishai or 2 from arcane augmentation

Oh, were you being sarcastic?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
It's not worth it IMO. You're losing out on 3-4 MCL from savant cores, conduction, KD immunity and 30 SP (50 in form) already.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #41 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
ArcanoTech still sucks... Nothing is going to fix the MASSIVE fucking gap in DCs between "full casters" and "half casters" like Artificer.

Max Artificer INT is 88 without Twists/epic stats/completionist. +39.

Artificers can get up to +48 to their evocation spells. With the changes to the tree it's +53.

Evocation DC for them is now 92, which is in-line with other casters (they actually beat sorc by 1).

So I'll assume their spellpower and DC issues are fixed, but the problem that remains is... what the fuck are you gonna do with this SP/DC?

They have some lightning spells, Blade Barrier, and Tactical Detonation. That's it for the offensive stuff. Even if they beat Sorc in SP/DC they still don't have stuff like Danceball/Mass Hold. They also don't have any MCL increases.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:40pm by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:33pm:
Max Artificer INT is 88 without Twists/epic stats/completionist. +39.

Artificers can get up to +48 to their evocation spells. With the changes to the tree it's +53.

Evocation DC for them is now 92, which is in-line with other casters (they actually beat sorc by 1).

So I'll assume their spellpower and DC issues are fixed, but the problem that remains is... what the fuck are you gonna do with this SP/DC?

They have some lightning spells, Blade Barrier, and Tactical Detonation. That's it for the offensive stuff. Even if they beat Sorc in SP/DC they still don't have stuff like Danceball/Mass Hold. They also don't have any MCL increases.

But...but you can turn your body into a construct!  see? isn't that great?  Doesn't that make up for it? 

The Arty DC buff's are about as useful as the 'illusionist!!!" DC buffs. All DC no spells.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:37pm by »  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #43 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But...but you can turn your body into a construct!  see? isn't that great?  Doesn't that make up for it? 

The Arty DC buff's are about as useful as the 'illusionist!!!" DC buffs. All DC no spells.

In fairness they have a pretty easy time fully speccing in both spells and xbow damage. And tactical detonation is pretty cool. Maybe after Battle Engineer tweaks (or just a full freaking artie pass) they'll become the hybrid spells/weapons user they always tried to fool you into using, with stuff like Arcane Warrior feat.

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Oh you beautiful fool.  Smiley

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #45 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
I bet they only got the founder's fountain working again because of the aniversary quote "thing"

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 10:20pm:
I bet they only got the founder's fountain working again because of the aniversary quote "thing"

What do you mean?

I find the fact that they worked on the Founder's fountain to be very odd.
Hardly any founders would still be here?
And it's not as if people will come back for it, nor is there any illusion that the current devs respect player's enough to honour them. 
So why waste dev time on it - what do they get from it?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #47 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 7:52pm:
I am not sure if getting your dick stuck in a goats ass counts as a "rodeo."

Well, if someone's got their dick in a goat, there's a goat and a clown already. And where there's bullshit, there are bulls.

Goat rodeo. The real problem is if someone expects more, after hearing the name.

Sgtgig wrote on Feb 17th, 2016 at 8:33pm:

The arcanotech capstone is so interesting. A shame it was never even given a chance. All it's ever been good for is longer lasting clickies. If they allowed even half of your spellpower to affect wands, etc. with a way to bump the DCs until they were viable, Imo, that would be enough to make the tree playable for flavor.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #48 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 7:20am
Print Post  
"Imbued Defender" is now "Imbue Defender"
Imbued Defender now grants you a passive +5 Electric and +2 Universal Spell Power per rank.
Arcane Engine now grants you a passive +5 Electric and +2 Universal Spell Power per rank.

So it is now called imbue defender, BUT imbued defender grants you bonuses.

I already see 1 hotfix coming. Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #49 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 8:03am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 10:44pm:
What do you mean?

I mean the "thing" is likely to be an in-game web page full of these pearls of wisdom.  I'm more likely to heed the "gotta be careful for hot pickles on your chin" than read through pages of inside joke helpful hints.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint