Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannith Crafting has been pushed back again (Read 3008 times)
Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Cannith Crafting has been pushed back again
Feb 12th, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
At this time the Cannith Crafting update is being pushed out of Update 30 so that we can have further time on it to consider what we should do with Cannith Crafting.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471702-Update-30-part-1/page4#post5779...

In case anyone forgot, the Cannith crafting update has been coming "soon" ever since the old new random loot back in 2013 (the one with ghostbane, lacerating, meteoric, etc). It was pushed back until we were eventually told it would be coming in U29, then in the first patch after U29, then in U30.

I hope all of you folks enjoy praying to sweet Jesus for lootgen combinations that don't suck ass, because you're going to be doing it for another ~6 months!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Cannith Crafting has been pushed back again
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I've just been using named for everything Tongue

I was still able to make some decent loot with CC, particularly throwing 3 +6 stats onto a single item that was also ML20. Not great, but it filled a few holes in my gear.

I will continue to gather and horde essences, stacking them up, saving them, until ONE DAY the system will be revised.

And then they'll probably charge Astral Shards for the privilige of using it, at which point I will say fuck it and sell all my horded essences.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 5:17pm:
I've just been using named for everything Tongue

I was still able to make some decent loot with CC, particularly throwing 3 +6 stats onto a single item that was also ML20. Not great, but it filled a few holes in my gear.

I will continue to gather and horde essences, stacking them up, saving them, until ONE DAY the system will be revised.

And then they'll probably charge Astral Shards for the privilige of using it, at which point I will say fuck it and sell all my horded essences.

Nein!  This is Turbine - they will change the ingredient and your horded essences will be worthless overnight (so they can give the middle finger to the bad dupers).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 6:39pm:
Nein!  This is Turbine - they will change the ingredient and your horded essences will be worthless overnight (so they can give the middle finger to the bad dupers).

Oh, right, I forgot:

"We don't want to introduce a new system and have people immediately have the best gear on day 1" - fat jerry

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty bummed about it not being updated and having to wait months for an "update" to have it fixed.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 3:03pm:
In case anyone forgot, the Cannith crafting update has been coming "soon" ever since the old new random loot back in 2013 (the one with ghostbane, lacerating, meteoric, etc). It was pushed back until we were eventually told it would be coming in U29, then in the first patch after U29, then in U30.

That's what happens when the intern you assigned to put 10 hours per week into the new CC system gets caught screwing the boss's secretary.  Who the boss was also screwing, and so justifiable fired the intern for pissing in his Wheaties.

And then when they checked his workstation they found that he had been doing nothing but playing DDO for the 30 hours per week they allowed him to book so that they didn't have to cover his insurance.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
I'm pretty bummed about it not being updated and having to wait months for an "update" to have it fixed.

This. And not just having to wait for the new one, but having the old one broken the whole while. They couldn't just leave it alone until it was ready, they had to push it out broken because they are too stupid and arrogant to use source control.

I bet the entire Turdbin office smells like shit because they are all too stupid and lazy to wipe their asses or even finish taking the shit before they walk out of the restrooms.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
They were incredibly vague about Cannith during the twitch stream yesterday. Fair bet they are lost.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 7:21am
Print Post  
it is a major PUSHBACK!!! Got it? pushback hahaha, not setback, haha.

Ok even the joke about it sucks. Let alone the fact that it gets postponed.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
What's worse is it sounds like based on their wording that this isn't a matter of not being able to make the code work or any kind of technical problem.

"so that we can have further time on it to consider what we should do with Cannith Crafting." - indicates they haven't even started, they're just dicking around trying to decide "what they should do". If that answer isn't glaringly, blatantly, stupifyingly obvious to you... well then you probably work for turbine.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
I'm fine with them pushing it back so they don't rush out something completely half-baked.  It'd probably take a lot of work for crafting to match random gen, especially now that they allow for triple modifiers.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:37pm:
I'm fine with them pushing it back so they don't rush out something completely half-baked.

still do it anyway

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:23pm:
"so that we can have further time on it to consider what we should do with Cannith Crafting." - indicates they haven't even started, they're just dicking around trying to decide "what they should do".

This is what I got out of what Cordovan said, as well. However, I'm happy they've made this choice. My hope is they'll invest a little more in the design up-front, leading to a more solid, player-friendly "product" when it's finally released. I know I probably shouldn't be too hopeful, but I'm going to let my optimism get the better of me this time.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:55pm:
This is what I got out of what Cordovan said, as well. However, I'm happy they've made this choice. My hope is they'll invest a little more in the design up-front, leading to a more solid, player-friendly "product" when it's finally released. I know I probably shouldn't be too hopeful, but I'm going to let my optimism get the better of me this time.

You know you'll regret that right?

They don't plan anything.
And the extra time will be spent making juvenile named loot sets named after themselves.  Severlin's gimp mask?
Steelstar's limp cock?
Kookie's diamond encrusted vibrator.

Oh the giggles from the team room will go for weeks, until 2 days before release where they'll slap some shite together and call it done.

Snafu!

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I think one thing they need to consider is removing some of the 'fill everything in' aspect of this that causes so much single-person lag (and may contribute to overall lag...won't make any claims either way on that part though). The barter interface is wonderful if you limit what it has to fill in but with how general the settings are when you first open it the time to populate it the first time is a pain.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
What gets me is that there's really no question what needs to be done. Cannith crafting needs to match loot gen. That simple.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:37pm:
I'm fine with them pushing it back so they don't rush out something completely half-baked.  It'd probably take a lot of work for crafting to match random gen, especially now that they allow for triple modifiers. 

I would have been fine with them taking their time to consider crafting too, except the morons already went and rushed out the first half with the new loot that now leaves crafting utterly broken. When you're standing in the street naked it's too late to decide you're going to carefully consider what you'll wear today  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

taco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 3:43am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:04pm:
What gets me is that there's really no question what needs to be done. Cannith crafting needs to match loot gen. That simple.

Cool. Then they'll have to revamp named loot as it'd be shit in comparison, but then random loot would also be shit so I guess revamp that too and then cannith crafting will be lagging again so it'd need a revamp. Oh and then they'd-

It's almost like they've done this dance before and failed at any sort of reasonable balance.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #18 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 3:57am
Print Post  
I really can't imagine anyone is surprised at this. I mean when you have been playing this game as long as most of us, you should be used to having your shit pushed in by now. Cheesy

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:44am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:17pm:
You know you'll regret that right?

They don't plan anything.
And the extra time will be spent making juvenile named loot sets named after themselves.  Severlin's gimp mask?
Steelstar's limp cock?
Kookie's diamond encrusted vibrator.

Oh the giggles from the team room will go for weeks, until 2 days before release where they'll slap some shite together and call it done.

Snafu!

Yes, I probably will regret it. I still can't resist being optimistic about this, in spite of past history (particularly recent history). As for the names they've given named loot for this update? That's absolutely horrible. They shouldn't be naming things after themselves and they shouldn't be using names like "Thick Skin" and such since that's a "cleverly" subtle "Fuck You" to the players. Not that that loot is really any good, anyway. Once again, their lack of creativity on full display.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint