Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Moving caster levels out of epic destinies (Read 6420 times)
Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Moving caster levels out of epic destinies
Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Thread on the mobo:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471975-Has-the-time-come-to-reconsider...

My favorite part is this quote from Silverleafeon

Quote:
I later wrote a letter to Varg, expressing my opinion that I should have supported his original proposal more when it was first introduced.

I didn't know that this guy supporting or not supporting stuff made such a big difference, I guess I've been living under a rock or something.

Hooray for special snowflakes!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Moving caster levels out of epic destinies
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:29pm:
~

Nailed it! That guy is so far up himself he sees double.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Would be sweet!  I could finally play my 19 monk/1 wizard shiradi spammer.  Wings and zoom zoom zoom ;o

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 10:56pm
Print Post  

Well he was on the PC so..... he is a pretty big deal, all of us are, seriously some of us never fucking stopping telling each other we are, Cordoroid needs to set up a entire sub-forum for half of this PC to gloat in so it stops leaking out into the mains!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 10:58pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:54pm:
Would be sweet!  I could finally play my 19 monk/1 wizard shiradi spammer.  Wings and zoom zoom zoom ;o

And that would be awesome, because it really would not be game breaking in any way.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Apparently we've been going about this all the wrong way.  Here we are all bitching about Turbine on DDOVault when we should have been getting this asshole to send varg letters.  Maybe then the past 5 updates wouldn't have been shit.

Remi, you ought to tell the PC they should pack up their bags and stop working so closely with the devs.  This guy is obviously more important.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 11:54pm:
And that would be awesome, because it really would not be game breaking in any way.

Uurlick seems pretty convinced it would be. How the fuck did he get on PC?

And what the fuck is the 19 monk for??

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:06am:
Uurlick seems pretty convinced it would be. How the fuck did he get on PC?

And what the fuck is the 19 monk for??

Ask AtomicMew, it's his build.  But do you disagree that it would not be any more powerful a build than the current top dogs?

Already in the main thread I've seen things like "This is very true and it would also be easy to max out chain missle with just 6 levels of wizard if 10 are auto granted." (slarden)

Which is factually correct, but seems to imply that somehow this is a bad thing.  It would be easy to max out Chain Missile yes.  But again, who cares?  Shiradi caster is already a thing, and already does not require a pure Wizard build to max out caster level.  Abishai set, Arcane Augmentation, etc. exist right now and still Shiradi casters are not the king of the hill.  A change that makes it easier to build a Shiradi caster does not break the game.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:35am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:34am:
and already does not require a pure Wizard build to max out caster level. 

yep. the best thing that this change would even do for shiradi is allow you to build them without arcane gloves and abishai sets. whoop-dee-fucking-do. oh, noes, few gear slots swapped, cant deal!!111111!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #9 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 1:40am
Print Post  

Quote:
I later wrote a letter to Varg, expressing my opinion that I should have supported his original proposal more when it was first introduced.

I didn't know that this guy supporting or not supporting stuff made such a big difference, I guess I've been living under a rock or something.

LMAO.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 3:21am
Print Post  
(slarden)

a retard

Ask AtomicMew, it's his build

it is actually urlick's quote, atomic was just having some fun at the retards expense. The build would be the worst fucking spammer you could ever build. ever. eva, eva. No spell points, one spell, shit crit chance, no crit multiplier, no tier 5 archmage, no slas.

This is who we have on the council, people. someone telling devs 19monk 1 wiz is broken....

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #11 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 3:49am
Print Post  
The caster level part of EDs was stupid from the start.

Ranged and melee toons just pick the ED that fits them best, casters got screwed.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 3:58am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 10:56pm:
Well he was on the PC so..... he is a pretty big deal, all of us are, seriously some of us never fucking stopping telling each other we are, Cordoroid needs to set up a entire sub-forum for half of this PC to gloat in so it stops leaking out into the mains!  Grin Grin Grin

The should name it after shoemaker

[quote=Shoemaker]I guess that all that discussion by the PC on this issue contributed to a shift of position, and instead of saying how useless the PC is, you should be thanking them and acknowledging it's not a stunt. [/quote]

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 4:09am
Print Post  
omg, urfag actually thinks 7/7/6 would be op exploiter build.

I cant even can right now.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 4:21am
Print Post  
oh, oh my. seems that someone has got urfag to post vault sock on mobos. is that even allowed, mockduck? Pretty sure my socks have been perma banned for sharing exploits when talking about the vault.

Grin

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 5:54am
Print Post  
How did you guys miss this gem:

"am sure the Dev's are smart enough to do that."

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 6:05am
Print Post  
fork wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 5:54am:
How did you guys miss this gem:

"am sure the Dev's are smart enough to do that."

Grin

whoever Kompera is, that guy just landed a superman overhand knockout punch.

even after urfag backpedaled to his 7/7/6 build, does he really think that a caster with access to only 4th level spells would be better at dc casting than a pure 20? Or does he think that 7/7/6 is a better shiradi for some crazy, clueless, retarded reason?

damn.. he erased his vault sock post.  Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 6:06am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 6:33am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:15am
Print Post  
it would be sweet for 12warlock/6wiz/2fvs builds. you could actually max chain missile.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:32am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 3:21am:
it is actually urlick's quote, atomic was just having some fun at the retards expense.

Ah, I see.  I missed the subtext.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 6:33am:

O. M. G.

That is hilarious. Tha's so funny i migh almost be worth reading the mobos, though I suspect such breaths of fresh air are few and far between.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:15am:
it would be sweet for 12warlock/6wiz/2fvs builds. you could actually max chain missile.

yea, same for any of the 6 builds, but those builds are already getting cl 13, 3 more missiles arent going to break shiradis.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Everyone on the mobos thinks they are a fucking genius.

They all have "suggestions".

They all have an "idea!"

They all have "suggestion for an idea!"

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 11:40am:
Everyone on the mobos thinks they are a fucking genius.

They all have "suggestions".

They all have an "idea!"

They all have "suggestion for an idea!"

They all post in the suggestions sub forum without realizing none of those ideas ever got taken into consideration by devs  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:25pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Out of lurker mode just long enough to say...

Wow... it's amazing that rather than admit a lack of knowledge he doubles down on douche-baggery.  I'm impressed.

/re-lurk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint