Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New U30 ML 30 Loot (Read 32265 times)
PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: New U30 ML 30 Loot
Reply #100 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:31am:
I've said before, and I'll say again: every new pack doesn't need to be 1% slightly better than what came before. I don't get excited about a new item with 1 more doublestrike or resistance or fort or whatever. Give us unique effects.

For instance, look how popular Jibber's blade is. It's a completely unique effect (well it does mimic the wizard enhancement, but that's fine by me) that everyone can use. We haven't had a new bauble effect since... forever.

Remember when people farmed the eardweller for the unique effect? Granted, that unique effect was to squeeze the maximum spell DPS out at the time, but it's not found anywhere else. Give me an item with 2 charges of sprint boost. Give me an item with a ddoor clickie. Make  it exclusive. Make another teleport clicky besides the ml 28 belt or the mask in the quest no one does. Re-hire whoever was working on the wand bracelet and give us that shit.

Cannith boots are awesome. Every single toon I have has a pair. We have what.. 2 clickies for GH? gird and the necklace from tod stuff.. Two for deathward (if you count epic dusk heart)? zero FoM clickies if you don't count the eternal flask (same for DW).

Shit they removed the fire shield clicky cloak of ice. Almost none of these items dramatically changes the so called balance of power between the haves and the have-nots.. It's a perk for farming. 

More incrementally powerful loot != exciting loot. Personally, I stopped chasing that 1% increase with each new update and slew of items released. I get stuff that is good enough and still do fine.

Agree with this Rest.
The constant power creep is an amateur GM/dev mistake.

Make toons more versatile, and as Rubbins says, open up new builds.

The problem is I doubt that any of the devs play enough to understand the need for these and the balance required.
Looking at recent loot, most of it is just a random collation of disparate abilities with no theme or logic.  Whoever is making loot has NFI.
3BC was last time we saw items with an obvious intent for certain class/builds.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
They don't play.  Spend 5 mins chatting with them and it becomes obvious.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:47am:
Honestly, in defense of not doing that, I actually really like preserving build diversity. If an item is released that lets us be a wraith without taking wizard levels, why would we bother with wizard levels? I like how different character builds are life by life, it's what keeps me on the TR grind.

If they were to release AP or ED things, I'd personally have them require either levels of the class or the past life feat. Just my 2c.

meh. pigeon hole way of thinking. what that allows is the option for cleric and fvs to run in forms and use inflict spells. Not that game breaking, at all, to allow divines not to use wizard levels.

Who else is going to use it?

Maybe as a very rare situation you would give up the ability to heal yourself for undead benefits. Possibly to save AP as a wizard, but what is it saving you? Because as a PM you already want shroud of lich for the necro DC. Or a melee wraith build, youre going to take the PM tiers for hamp, and crit chance, and negative spell power.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 5:02pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #103 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:02am:
P.S. I'd love Haunted Halls if it had an Heroic Version {not like ToEE where at level is impossible} but as it's Epic End-Game content I got one or two runs done and that's it!

Solo'd elite bb on release day.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #104 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Give us unique effects.

I agree with you up to a point. Some of the stuff in new releases has to be viable permanent equips (although nothing should be definitively "best in slot"), but I'd love it if we could see more unique clickies.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #105 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 8:54am:
Yeah, flasks were a great idea killed by Turdbin bungling. Splitting off the cooldowns would be fantastic.

This.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #106 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:08pm:
The constant power creep is an amateur GM/dev mistake.

Exactly. It's a natural mistake to make when you're new, the problem is Turdbin shouldn't be putting rookies in charge, or at least they shouldn't put in charge rookies too proud to ask an experienced DM for advice. But SeverancePay thinks he knows it all and walks right off the cliff, denying it's there, dragging his 10 or 20 thousand remaining players with him.

I don't mean our suffering is on anywhere near the scale of Hurricane Katrina victims, but it's like Bush putting his buddy Brown in charge of FEMA when the biggest thing he'd managed before was a horse show. "Heck of a job, Brownie Sev".

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 7:26pm:
I don't mean our suffering is on anywhere near the scale of Hurricane Katrina victims, but it's like Bush putting his buddy Brown in charge of FEMA when the biggest thing he'd managed before was a horse show. "Heck of a job, Brownie Sev".

In this scenario, who would be Nagin and Blanco wanking off in the corner than pointing their fingers at Sev when the shit hits the fan? I figure that the code monkeys having to fix everything after the update would be Barbour.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #108 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 8:15pm:
In this scenario, who would be Nagin and Blanco wanking off in the corner than pointing their fingers at Sev when the shit hits the fan? I figure that the code monkeys having to fix everything after the update would be Barbour.

Grin Grin Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
My problem with it isn't primarily that other people will be getting stuff that I worked for, it's that doing this will give other people stuff that I worked for.
Summarized, my perspective on this is simple: nobody is entitled to free raid loot. Either get it by running the raids or don't get it at all.

You start off trying to make a rational argument about how handing out free stuff hurts your chances to run the content that drops that stuff, but you ruin it when you conclude with an argument about what people are entitled to get for free.  It lets people know where your mind is really at when you complain about this.
Guess what?  No one begged for free stuff, this is a give away.  No one claimed they were entitled to anything, you're just bitter about people getting stuff you "worked" for.  I thought you were playing a game when you "earned" those items by virtue of the RNG favoring you one day?

It's their bits and bytes, they can give them to whomever they want.  At the end of the day, it's something they don't have to do that they choose to do, so despite my criticisms of them I can't fault them for putting out events and handing out presents to commemorate hitting a 10 year landmark, even if it will inevitably piss off someone like you.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #110 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:45am
Print Post  
I've said before, and I'll say again: every new pack doesn't need to be 1% slightly better than what came before. I don't get excited about a new item with 1 more doublestrike or resistance or fort or whatever. Give us unique effects.

For instance, look how popular Jibber's blade is. It's a completely unique effect (well it does mimic the wizard enhancement, but that's fine by me) that everyone can use. We haven't had a new bauble effect since... forever.

Remember when people farmed the eardweller for the unique effect? Granted, that unique effect was to squeeze the maximum spell DPS out at the time, but it's not found anywhere else. Give me an item with 2 charges of sprint boost. Give me an item with a ddoor clickie. Make  it exclusive. Make another teleport clicky besides the ml 28 belt or the mask in the quest no one does. Re-hire whoever was working on the wand bracelet and give us that shit.

Cannith boots are awesome. Every single toon I have has a pair. We have what.. 2 clickies for GH? gird and the necklace from tod stuff.. Two for deathward (if you count epic dusk heart)? zero FoM clickies if you don't count the eternal flask (same for DW).

Shit they removed the fire shield clicky cloak of ice. Almost none of these items dramatically changes the so called balance of power between the haves and the have-nots.. It's a perk for farming. 

More incrementally powerful loot != exciting loot. Personally, I stopped chasing that 1% increase with each new update and slew of items released. I get stuff that is good enough and still do fine.

I care more about cosmetics than the power creep stuff. That might just be me though.

There could be so much unique effects people would grind for if they only used their imagination once or at least pay attention to what is really popular with the players. Items could be exclusive with only a few charges (one to five?) but the effect should  be appropriate to the item level. Some ideas for level 30 items:

-      Shrubbery:  Cast a DC200 entangle effect with one minute duration twice per rest
-      Owl-Bear-Ham: Cast Mass Bear's Endurance that gives a +16 enhancement bonus to Constitution for three minutes once per day
-      Meep-Meep: Cast Mass Longstrider with +45% movement speed, one or two minutes duration?
-      Charged: Small chance to cast Thundering Armor on self when hit, damage scales with spellpwower
-      Horns of Jericho: DC200 shout, once per rest
-      Hulk out: One charge of Tenser’s at casterlevel 30, maybe add      Ram's Might with same duration

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:05am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:57am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:45am:
There could be so much unique effects people would grind for if they only used their imagination once or at least pay attention to what is really popular with the players. Items could be exclusive with only a few charges (one to five?) but the effect should  be appropriate to the item level. Some ideas for level 30 items:

-      Shrubbery:  Cast a DC200 entangle effect with one minute duration twice per rest
-      Owl-Bear-Ham: Cast Mass Bear's Endurance that gives a +16 enhancement bonus to Constitution for three minutes once per day
-      Meep-Meep: Cast Mass Longstrider with +45% movement speed, one or two minutes duration?
-      Charged: Small Change to cast Thundering Armor on self when hit, damage scales with spellpwower
-      Hulk out: One charge of Tenser’s at casterlevel 30, maybe add      Ram's Might with same duration

+1 for Meep-meep!

IP Logged

nietzsche
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 7:58am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:45am:

-      Charged: Small Change to cast Thundering Armor on self when hit, damage scales with spellpwower

Clickies & Clickies Online

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:03am
Print Post  
youre all wrong. the loot we need next is +17/+9/+4/+5quality stats

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #114 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:04am
Print Post  
nietzsche wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 7:58am:

Yes, here is the reason: People like clickies because you can use them without rearrangement of your other equipment. That’s why the old clock of ice is far more popular than the new clock of ice.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #115 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 11:40pm:
You start off trying to make a rational argument about how handing out free stuff hurts your chances to run the content that drops that stuff, but you ruin it when you conclude with an argument about what people are entitled to get for free.  It lets people know where your mind is really at when you complain about this.
Guess what?  No one begged for free stuff, this is a give away.  No one claimed they were entitled to anything, you're just bitter about people getting stuff you "worked" for.  I thought you were playing a game when you "earned" those items by virtue of the RNG favoring you one day?

It's their bits and bytes, they can give them to whomever they want.  At the end of the day, it's something they don't have to do that they choose to do, so despite my criticisms of them I can't fault them for putting out events and handing out presents to commemorate hitting a 10 year landmark, even if it will inevitably piss off someone like you.

Nice job cutting out my "rational argument" and replacing it with something that isn't my real viewpoint.

You seem to think that the two points that I make are mutually exclusive. I'm actually allowed to dislike something for more than one reason, and you disagreeing with one of my reasons doesn't invalidate the other. I'm not bitter or pissed, which you would've known had you bothered to read the rest of my posts in this topic, but I totally get that it's way more fun and more in line with traditional vault tactics to choose one post and attack it with an "argument" that pretty much boils down to "you mad, bro?" and some lukewarm baiting.

Feel free to go read the rest of my posts in this thread. Or not, it's a free country. Anyways, I hope you had fun.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:37pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #116 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
nietzsche wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 7:58am:

Not gonna happen... the devs have a hard on every time clickies are mentioned, and they greefully make plans on getting rid of the last ones still in game either by making them useless or by overhauling the loot.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #117 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:37pm:
Not gonna happen... the devs have a hard on every time clickies are mentioned, and they greefully make plans on getting rid of the last ones still in game either by making them useless or by overhauling the loot.

What else do they whisper in your ear each and every time you finish sucking their little cocks?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint