Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New U30 ML 30 Loot (Read 32253 times)
Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Re: New U30 ML 30 Loot
Reply #25 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 20th, 2016 at 11:32pm:
ftfy

Sorry Rubbins, but that is a fail FTFY, most gays I have encountered have some sense of style. Cheesy

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Severlin's Leaden Boots = What he should be wearing when tossed off a New Jersey pier.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #27 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:34am
Print Post  
SO, is there a way to get more then 1 cake?

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:34am:
SO, is there a way to get more then 1 cake?

Is there more than 1 item you actually want?

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 20th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Giving out old raid loot for the cake is a fucking terrible idea.

We don't need any less of an incentive to run different raids.

The idea was for it to be a list of some of the more iconic loot of the last 10 years.   Given that most of it comes out of dead content that isn't going to be run anyways it's no big deal.   I'd rather citw loot wasn't in there.   That's a raid that still gets run.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #30 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 20th, 2016 at 4:39pm:
I think you get a cake to eat 1 per character, btc, that will give you something from the birthday list.  Mostly heroic raid loot, some classic named items, or some citw weapons.

The new ml 30 items, you need to grind for with the anniversary event. 

Aha cheers Ash, that makes more sense given it's a birthday and prior track record. Ta.

Edit: So this means I never have to run Abbot for quiver or VON for boots ever again? That is a pretty good present.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:32am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #31 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:34am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 20th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
There's some sweet loot on that list.

Yeah I just saw some long standing gear set holes close up. Even though I'm not actively after most of them because I don't play that type of DDO game now, it's still nice to have a shitty outstanding grind ticked off my stupid internal list.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #32 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Was hoping to see the bauble on the list ):

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:26pm:

they dont give anything that restores SP out, or make drops not 0.000002%. They sell them in store, 10 bucks a clip for a 100 pots @600-800 sp. You really had hope? rly, rly? naw, rly doe?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:31pm:
they dont give anything that restores SP out, or make drops not 0.000002%. They sell them in store, 10 bucks a clip for a 100 pots @600-800 sp. You really had hope? rly, rly? naw, rly doe?

Like Twisted Talisman or Draughts of Sparkling Apple Cider?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:44pm:
Like Twisted Talisman or Draughts of Sparkling Apple Cider?

those are cute if youre retarded.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #36 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Is there some kind of explanation of the new anniversary or it's a simple one cake per toon with some named items on the list?

If so I'm not impressed. Oh wait, Turbine....almost forgot  Grin

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #37 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:31pm:

To be fair, they gave out SP pots in anniversary cakes before. As recently as last year, and most of us know how that turned out.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #38 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 12:26pm:

That would have been nice.   I really wanted that too.   Although, as rubbinns said, I suspect there were reasons it was excluded.   I don't recall seeing torc on the list either even though it is universally considered one of the best items in the game for a long time.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #39 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
All that shit will be seen by the devs as a brilliant 10 year anniversary because they have so many cock gobblers on the motherfourms 'loving' it  Sad

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:20pm:
All that shit will be seen by the devs as a brilliant 10 year anniversary because they have so many cock gobblers on the motherfourms 'loving' it  Sad

It doesn't look like anybody actually likes it... granted, the devs probably take bitching well because it means people are still playing with their moneygrab.

I personally like the raid loot idea, there a just a bunch of salty old vets who are upset because "MY GRIND WENT 2 WASTE". I have most of the old loot too, but there are still things I'm missing and this is a nice way to get them, since I probably will never run most of those raids again with the intention to actually get anything.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:20pm:

That would have been nice.   I really wanted that too.   Although, as rubbinns said, I suspect there were reasons it was excluded. 

The drop rate got fixed a while back. It's never been easier to farm. You must not want it that badly?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #42 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:20pm:
That would have been nice.   I really wanted that too.   Although, as rubbinns said, I suspect there were reasons it was excluded.   I don't recall seeing torc on the list either even though it is universally considered one of the best items in the game for a long time.

The servers couldn't handle the load if they had added Torc and Bauble to the list... The lag would have been legendarier than it is already.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #43 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 7:55am:
The idea was for it to be a list of some of the more iconic loot of the last 10 years.   Given that most of it comes out of dead content that isn't going to be run anyways it's no big deal.   I'd rather citw loot wasn't in there.   That's a raid that still gets run.

I disagree. Whether or not people were actually going to run the raids to get that loot, the fact remained that people would've had to if they wanted it.

To me, this is an issue exemplified by the abbot loot; some of that stuff is still very much worth having, and allowing people to get it without having to run the raid is silly. You say that people still run CitW, but I'm sure you remember how much less frequently it's run since RR boxes became a thing.

There's no logic behind giving out good items for free just because most people aren't going to work for them at this point in time.

Terrible idea, no way around it. Pretty much anybody that likes it is going to like it BECAUSE they won't have to run shit to get said items.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:47pm:
It doesn't look like anybody actually likes it... granted, the devs probably take bitching well because it means people are still playing with their moneygrab.

I personally like the raid loot idea, there a just a bunch of salty old vets who are upset because "MY GRIND WENT 2 WASTE". I have most of the old loot too, but there are still things I'm missing and this is a nice way to get them, since I probably will never run most of those raids again with the intention to actually get anything.

That issue is overblown.  They dropped not one, but two raiders boxes on all toons giving away two pieces of CiTW loot.  And people still run that raid.  I see an LFM about once or twice a week. 

Nobody is grinding out 20 Titans for a chattering ring.  Get real.  But it's a nice piece to have for some leveling.  Maybe.  The new loot gen is so sweet, that even raid loot from 11-17 (Except green steel) is mostly meh.

Here is what I hear:

1)  Bitching because its giving away raid loot and that is too much.

2)  Bitching because it is mostly old, useless stuff and it is too little for an anniversary gift.

3)  Happy to get some items they have heard about and would like, but don't want to grind out.

4)  Bitching because item X isn't on the list. 

I dare anyone to come up with a list that makes everybody (or even 50% of the population) happy.  That list doesn't exist.  Any list will be too much in some eyes and too little in others or just flat the wrong direction to others.  And others will like it.   

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #45 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:09pm:
That issue is overblown.  They dropped not one, but two raiders boxes on all toons giving away two pieces of CiTW loot.  And people still run that raid.  I see an LFM about once or twice a week. 

Once or twice a week, compared to multiple times a day before they released the boxes. While it's true that citw gear is no longer end game, you can't exactly deny that when boxes were first released they had a massive impact on how often the raid was run.

Nobody is grinding out 20 Titans for a chattering ring.  Get real.  But it's a nice piece to have for some leveling.  Maybe.  The new loot gen is so sweet, that even raid loot from 11-17 (Except green steel) is mostly meh.

Like I explained in my previous post, it doesn't fucking matter whether or not anyone is actually grinding out 20 titans. If they want the ring, they should have to.

Here is what I hear:

1)  Bitching because its giving away raid loot and that is too much.

Yes, it is.

I dare anyone to come up with a list that makes everybody (or even 50% of the population) happy.  That list doesn't exist.  Any list will be too much in some eyes and too little in others or just flat the wrong direction to others.  And others will like it. 

If it hadn't been possible to recycle and dupe cards, I would say that cards were an example of doing it right.

Giving away store items is a fantastic idea, giving raid items is not.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
What they could have done, was, restore my two tr banks. Devorien and Talariia really miss all the stuff in them.

Outside of that, who cares. Not like any of it is going to make a difference.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #47 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 3:51pm:
The drop rate got fixed a while back. It's never been easier to farm. You must not want it that badly?

Approx. 200 hands in chest since they "fixed" it and didn't see on pop.  I opt to chase the TR grind over gear grinding.  TBH, the bauble is the only gear I've come close to grinding.  If the torque is in the list, I'll probably take that.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #48 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 5:05pm:
I disagree. Whether or not people were actually going to run the raids to get that loot, the fact remained that people would've had to if they wanted it.

To me, this is an issue exemplified by the abbot loot; some of that stuff is still very much worth having, and allowing people to get it without having to run the raid is silly. You say that people still run CitW, but I'm sure you remember how much less frequently it's run since RR boxes became a thing.

There's no logic behind giving out good items for free just because most people aren't going to work for them at this point in time.

Terrible idea, no way around it. Pretty much anybody that likes it is going to like it BECAUSE they won't have to run shit to get said items.

Yeah, I like it because I can get a nice piece of gear I couldn't otherwise get. If raids aren't being run, there is no opportunity cost for giving away the loot that is in them. I certainly can't solo most raids, and even if I could I don't play often enough to make grinding it viable.

So they get a little more enthusiasm for their dying game and it costs them ... nothing. OK, it costs them the annoyance of people who whine and bitch that they had to work for it so everybody else should. Honestly, having those people pissed off improves my enjoyment of the game. The game is better off without the type of people who quit because somebody else got something nice without working as hard as they did.

People who ran the raid and got the item got the use of it for all this time, so it isn't like they got nothing for their trouble. It's like bitching that the expansion packs are selling for 20 cents on the dollar now. People who paid full price got to use them for a year or two longer, people who got them for 80% off got less use for less money.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #49 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 21st, 2016 at 8:18pm:
Yeah, I like it because I can get a nice piece of gear I couldn't otherwise get. If raids aren't being run, there is no opportunity cost for giving away the loot that is in them. I certainly can't solo most raids, and even if I could I don't play often enough to make grinding it viable.

So they get a little more enthusiasm for their dying game and it costs them ... nothing. OK, it costs them the annoyance of people who whine and bitch that they had to work for it so everybody else should. Honestly, having those people pissed off improves my enjoyment of the game. The game is better off without the type of people who quit because somebody else got something nice without working as hard as they did.

People who ran the raid and got the item got the use of it for all this time, so it isn't like they got nothing for their trouble. It's like bitching that the expansion packs are selling for 20 cents on the dollar now. People who paid full price got to use them for a year or two longer, people who got them for 80% off got less use for less money.

My problem with it isn't primarily that other people will be getting stuff that I worked for, it's that doing this removes potential activities for me and anyone else who wants to get stuff the old fashioned way in a game that has no endgame.

Using myself as an example -
My main character has everything I could possibly want. I've been running stuff to get specific gear for my alts and bots. Giving me one free raid item per char will drastically reduce the number of things that I can spend my time doing.

I'm sure this will benefit many casual players such as yourself, but I've always been of the opinion that games shouldn't cater to casuals at the expense of serious players.

Oh, and please don't tell me that if I don't like the cake I can delete it. The logic was retarded when it was used to tell people that if they find the game too easy they should roll sucky chars and it isn't any less retarded here.

Summarized, my perspective on this is simple: nobody is entitled to free raid loot. Either get it by running the raids or don't get it at all.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2016 at 11:50pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint