Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Special Snowflake Grand, gonna' get you banned! (Read 27657 times)
lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Re: Special Snowflake Grand, gonna' get you banned!
Reply #75 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Maryroach wrote on Feb 28th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
Anyone that purchased an augment bag in the last 24 hours is getting their bags checked.

everyone bought their aug bags during the last dupapolooza
also....
DIAF

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #76 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Turbine can't auto-ban, the Mabar-bans disaster was the last time they tried to. They have to do it with GMs and that’s why most dupers didn’t get a ban ever. Remember “Extreeeem Prejustice” ? They had to manually log in and delete stuff. And there are not much GMs left.  Most of the bans I heard of were due reporting, just keep a low profile and enjoy your illicit gains.

Got a ban when I acted stupid once and the GM only deleted what I had on that one toon and in the shared bank. Everything else was fine. Just put a augment bag with the shroud stuff in a TR cache and wait until there is business as usual again.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:22am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:18am:
They had to manually log in and delete stuff. And there are not much GMs left.

can confirm. Guildie got a soft ban, has like a million toons, GM had to log in manually on each one to delete all his mats, and items that were duped and some not duped. Took the GM over 8 hours from when the first toon logged in to when the last one logged off. They paid some sap to sit there and spend 8 hours erasing shit all day instead of, you know, actually helping people in game that need it. Can you imagine how many tickets that sad fuck had to close while sitting there combing through list of shit to delete. And the GM did rip shit out of the TR cache as well.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #78 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 12:06pm:
can confirm. Guildie got a soft ban, has like a million toons, GM had to log in manually on each one to delete all his mats, and items that were duped and some not duped. Took the GM over 8 hours from when the first toon logged in to when the last one logged off. They paid some sap to sit there and spend 8 hours erasing shit all day instead of, you know, actually helping people in game that need it. Can you imagine how many tickets that sad fuck had to close while sitting there combing through list of shit to delete. And the GM did rip shit out of the TR cache as well. 

Turbines is consistent regarding its inconsistency. They may hit you hard, soft or not at all. But there was never a “if you do this you WILL suffer that” mechanic. Most people are lucky, some are not and I can’t imagine playing DDO and grinding/paying for every SP-pot, heart seed, commendation of heroism or high level augment.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  

While the cops are pre-occupied with that shit, now we can rob the federal reserve just like Die Hard 3 bitches!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Turbine hasn't banned anyone for the LGS because they are too busy counting all the money they made on bag and materials sales over the weekend. Especially last night, it was a mad house.

Nothing like knowing you only have a couple hours left to dupe a aug to make you say fuck it and start dropping 95tp a pop for shrapnel because you have used two months worth up.

The rational centers of the brain turn off as the clock runs down.   Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:45pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #81 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  

Out of curiosity, how many days is a soft ban?  I'm assuming 3, but never know.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #82 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:44pm:
Turbine hasn't banned anyone for the LGS because they are too busy counting all the money they made on bag and materials sales over the weekend. Especially last night, it was a mad house.

Nothing like knowing you only have a couple hours left to dupe a aug to make you say fuck it and start dropping 95tp a pop for shrapnel because you have used two months worth up.

The rational centers of the brain turn off as the clock runs down.   Wink

So you ARE working for Turbine. Good job there  Wink

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:14pm:
Out of curiosity, how many days is a soft ban?  I'm assuming 3, but never know.

think he got 2-3 week ban? Just enough time for the gm to lo get on it and expire the buyback.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #84 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

It would have been good to be in Boston that day when they realized that no matter how pissed they were they were still going to have to spend a day's salary just to punish 1 of hundreds of accounts that way. Economics and emotion seldom miss well for all parties.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #85 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
With duppalooza I got a 2 week ban, that was extended by another 2 weeks because they hadn't yet "cleansed" my characters in that time. 

They manually logged each of my characters on then deleted every single bag and recreated the bags on the toons.  A couple of mistakes were made with the store bought bags that they recreated, I was able to petition to have those corrected. 
They also deleted everything that went into bags that was in bank, shared bank and inventory as well.
A few other things were deleted, but not much else.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Not every person banned during dupapalooza had their account logged into...I can confirm...

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #87 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 7:52pm:
Not every person banned during dupapalooza had their account logged into...I can confirm...

Did they still experience EXTREME PREJUDICE!!!11eleventyone!!!?

IP Logged

DirtyPally
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I was pretty sure this thread was a lame turbine scare tactic when I saw it at first, now I'm sure. 8 of us had a LN shroud running all weekend except for yesterday's downage, and after the servers went back up we were grinding until 3am. Now most us have more augments than we have bag space for.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 4:50pm by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was pretty sure this thread was a lame turbine scare tactic

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #90 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:22am
Print Post  
pm sploit pls, I may actually play the game some time this week.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #91 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:28am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:22am:
pm sploit pls, I may actually play the game some time this week.

Sadly, you missed the one in question in this thread.  It was fixed with U30 on Monday.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:47am
Print Post  
As far as I can tell there are only bags full of LGS augments and no bans at all.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 4:31am
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:47am:
As far as I can tell there are only bags full of LGS augments and no bans at all.

damn cheaters. "do you steal from the apple store?" No, trudh, we don't, we just pirate off other sites.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 4:31am:
damn cheaters. "do you steal from the apple store?" No, trudh, we don't, we just pirate off other sites.

If I wouldn't had the money to pay for an I-Phone drunken students in the subway would be the next best source to get one for free. Real live haXX for the win.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:05am by viadrouw »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:16am
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:04am:
If I wouldn't had the money to pay for an I-Phone drunken students in the subway would be the next best source to get one for free. Real live haXX for the win.

this nigga aint playin

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #96 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:44pm:

FUCK! Are you telling me all the LGS mats are in the Store?  I didn't get to take advantage of this weekend because I had no base mats to make the first augs.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:33am:
FUCK! Are you telling me all the LGS mats are in the Store?  I didn't get to take advantage of this weekend because I had no base mats to make the first augs.

Yes, tier 1 and 2 are able to be bought.

You still needed the codex runes to create the base item - only obtainable from running raid or quests.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:33am:

Sorry buddy thought you knew. I reckon it's one of the main reasons they made the 2,4,5 piece sets work just as well with tier I & II augs, driving revenue. Also why they made some serious bank this weekend, even with the duping.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:51pm:
only because the duping.

fixed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint