Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U30 Release Notes (Read 5532 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: U30 Release Notes
Reply #25 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Basically a Pally with the rogue capstone, and a couple of handy slas... and extra damage for racial, and a low firing angel... yes please.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:48pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Dovahkiin93
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
Two interesting unlisted items.

1) Greensteel tooltips are working with full descriptions.
2) The claim ticket goes in bags.

If anyone is aware of features that would take advantage of #2, feel free to PM.

It won't be an anniversary if we don't find a way to dupe #2. I need that pm as well

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Sounds like Deep Gnomes may be bugging their players past, epic, inconic, and tomes when they come out of TR.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472556-Deep-Gnome-Tome-Vanish

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 2:42pm:
well hold on now,

Gnomes now make it possible to have all of the benefits of Mechanic, with the benefits of 14 Pally for Holy Sword (Theat +Multi).

Many people swear by their Pally/Mech splits. Now I know that's because it lets have the benefits of Great Xbow with Holy sword, but the best parts of Gxbow dont allow 14 Pally.

So, I think this becomes a very viable end game build. Rubbins point about broken SA dice notwithstanding.

18+ rogue mech was already a viable endgame build. The pally split was always less DPS, people did it for the defense/survivability boost.

But yes, any pure or 18/2 mech that insists on using repeaters at endgame will get a nice boost by going gnome, especially leveling with needle. I'm still not convinced that it makes TF/GS repeaters outperform TF/GS GXB though. (admittedly, I need to test and see if that one feature is still functional with the new update.)
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:09pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:10pm:
18+ rogue mech was already a viable endgame build. The pally split was always less DPS, people did it for the defense/survivability boost.

But yes, any pure or 18/2 mech that insists on using repeaters at endgame will get a nice boost by going gnome, especially with needle. I'm still not convinced that it makes TF/GS repeaters outperform TF/GS GXB though. (admittedly, I need to test and see if that one feature is still functional with the new update.)

It would be giving away a awful lot of SA dice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint