Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Anniversary Cakes - FYI Not Everything Is Out Yet! (Read 10219 times)
Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Anniversary Cakes - FYI Not Everything Is Out Yet!
Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Typical of Turbines attention to detail.

"We are recommending that people consider holding off on redeeming their tokens, since there are a handful of items that didn't make it into the update, and will be added within a day or so. That said, if you want one of the current items in the list, you can exchange your token with an NPC in House Phiarlan."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472549-10th-aniversery-tokens?p=579160...
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:27am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Anniversary Cakes
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Turbine can fuck up everything, even giving out freebies.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:06am by viadrouw »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Anniversary Cakes - FYI Not Everything Is Out Yet!
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:38am
Print Post  
just need to hand out another one to everyone.  It's not like any of that loot is game breaking.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:51am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:38am:
just need to hand out another one to everyone.  It's not like any of that loot is game breaking.

Meh.  Or people can just sack up and accept whatever free thing they selected.  They are only adding a few options like heroic SoS or a 100k xp stone.

People will bitch and moan, but you got a ticket and got something free.  The millennial entitlement tirades for some pixels in a 10 year old video game is almost comical.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:51am:
Meh.  Or people can just sack up and accept whatever free thing they selected.  They are only adding a few options like heroic SoS or a 100k xp stone.

People will bitch and moan, but you got a ticket and got something free.  The millennial entitlement tirades for some pixels in a 10 year old video game is almost comical. 

While I agree with you, free shit is free, it would be nice if everyone had the same information at their disposal when making a decision about what item to trade for.  Especially since you only get 1 per character, ever.  It would be different if you could trade party favors, or anything else for more tokens. 

That said, I haven't used my tokens yet, and won't be until I see the new list and what it has to offer.  I still wouldn't complain about a 2nd token Wink

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:51am:

Not sure why this is leveled at Millennials. I have met far more shitty entitled 40 year olds.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am:
Not sure why this is leveled at Millennials. I have met far more shitty entitled 40 year olds.

Heh, who do you think raised the Millenials?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I propose a compromise: everyone gets a second ticket, and people who want to bitch about getting a second ticket can throw theirs in the trash. Anyone who wants to complain about OTHER people getting a second ticket can kindly go fuck themselves.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  
No way, heroic SOS really? I just took a Quiver on my Pally and now...

I mean I know it's all free but how do you fuck up even your 10th birthday giveaway? Jesus these guys are fucking simple.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Dude... heroic SoS is like a thousand times easier to get than that quiver. I have 2 without even trying. I mean I was trying for one, and then I was REALLY trying for the epic... but, yeah, heroic SoS isn't that impressive next to some of the stuff on the list. Then some of us have whatever we wanted from the list AND the quiver after yesterday. But, hey, special.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #10 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
I smell a 2nd token for everyone.  Smiley

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Anyone got an ETA on when these magical new items are being added to the list? Not knowing has made me kind of sad.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
They have to do a hot fix/patch.  That means downtime.  If it didn't happen today, it will be tomorrow morning, US Eastern at the earliest.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am:
While I agree with you, free shit is free, it would be nice if everyone had the same information at their disposal when making a decision about what item to trade for.  Especially since you only get 1 per character, ever.  It would be different if you could trade party favors, or anything else for more tokens. 

That said, I haven't used my tokens yet, and won't be until I see the new list and what it has to offer.  I still wouldn't complain about a 2nd token Wink

I didn't mean to imply I would complain about a second token.  I'm not taking an SoS or XP or whatever else they are adding anyways.    But I can find something useful.  Free stuff is free, but more free stuff is more.  If the whining entitled crybabies earn us a second token, then cry away.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:07pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:06pm:
If the whining entitled crybabies earn us a second token, then cry away.

Is there any other way to earn a 2nd token, legitimately?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #15 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
I have learned through bitter experience to never "pull the trigger" early on these events.

Because Raider's Reward Box.

Also, I don't know why the Morrnh Warhammer from CitW wasn't included. I have yet to see one drop.

Here's hoping that the whiners prevail, although realistically, the simplest solution to this bungle is to hand out another token, whining or not.

And we know they're all about those half-assed solutions.  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #16 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
The funny part is, we only know that the list is incomplete because they told us. It was never on Lamma or even discussed.

The easiest solution would have been to leave it as is and not say shit. They fucked that up.

Now the easiest solution is to give a 2nd token.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
2nd token it is Tongue

But what else will be on the list? Aside from an XP token... well, its really annoying that they won't tell us. Makes the decisions that much harder.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:16pm:
2nd token it is Tongue

But what else will be on the list? Aside from an XP token... well, its really annoying that they won't tell us. Makes the decisions that much harder.

XP token would be cool, but realistically, how much time does it really save? You can make 100k XP with a couple runs of VoN3 and an XP pot.

A real winner would be Shards from the old Shard/Seal/Scroll epic items.

BtA (so not tradeable/ auctionable, as if that matters) and would get some of the old items back in circulation, or at least let some long suffering grinders get their eSoS. It's still not super great because you'd still need the seal and Scroll to complete the item regardless of the "Mana from Heaven" shard gift.

It's also on target with the rationale they used for including the VoM and Mantle of the Worldshaper: Let people who have one piece but not the other finish their augment.

Win-Win.

Which is why it's not happening.  Cry

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:24pm:
You can make 100k XP with a couple runs of VoN3 and an XP pot.

one run should give you that.

I would love a Torc. Would actually make me play heroics just to use the item. Wouldnt make me flag for that raid though. Just thinking of getting to Chains, OoB, and AdQ makes me never want to see Sands, ever.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
The XP is just whatever. I might throw it on a few of my low-level chods for whom I have literally nothing better to do(I've got a level 6 paladin who's been camping out as a mule since forever, he could benefit slightly from 100k). Of course, if the tokens turn out to be BtA... but lets not go there.

I would LOVE to get an eSoS shard FINALLY. The shard is the hardest part to get, even moderately grinding for the shard will net you multiples of the item, heroic SoS is not exactly highly sought after(though it is pretty nice at level).

I doubt we'll see anything as awesome as shards, though, but we might get a handful of fun things. I just wanna see.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #21 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:39pm:
one run should give you that.

I would love a Torc. Would actually make me play heroics just to use the item. Wouldnt make me flag for that raid though. Just thinking of getting to Chains, OoB, and AdQ makes me never want to see Sands, ever.

Well, I'm gimp and cheap since my XP pots no longer fall off the back of a truck, so it takes me a couple runs.

Torc is a great idea. Lot's of cool items that would be fun to have. I, myself eyed that Belt of the Brute for a good long while before I parked my toons to think about it.

In fairness, the IDEA of this Anniversary Give-Away is rock solid, but as usual, the execution is shite.

As a Creative, it's painful to watch this Goat Rodeo when I know that 5 minutes chatting by the water-cooler would have ironed out 99.9% of these troubles before they happened.

Or just lurking on the forums here, dropping a few bombs to get feedback, then boggarting the ideas received back at a Turbine staff meeting (all 3 of them.)

These clowns even fail at being slimey, self-serving, careerist twats  Cheesy

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I actually think half the problem is probably inter-office squabling. I can just imagine the massive arguments over completely inane shit.

"Well IN MY OPINION the hellfire crossbow is a HIGHLY sout-after weapon at-level, and should be included!"

"But that's just not true, look at the metrics, every single run sees at least 3 dropping. Players are leaving them in the chest."

"There is NO FUCKING WAY we are putting in a SHIT repeater like that."

"THAT IS THE BEST FUCKING REPEATER IN THE GAME AT LEVEL 4 THAT DROPS IN A LEVEL 6 DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"The drop is super rare."

"No, its not, but I don't really care, can we just move on? Tons of people are complaining about not being able to find an eSoS shard, so--"

"Right, we put in a heroic SoS."

"Yes."

"OVER MY DEAD BODY ASSFUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #23 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:01am:
Dude... heroic SoS is like a thousand times easier to get than that quiver.

I understand the prevailing thought on it but I still have a Pal without a SoS and I'd swap the quiver. All about taste, innit. I wonder if they'd consider a crunching recipe to burn something you've picked and give you a token back. (Arf.) Anyway, it's not the end of the world as you say. Just I'd have made a different choice with full information, too much to ask of the current crop it seems.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #24 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:30pm:
I have learned through bitter experience to never "pull the trigger" early on these events.

Because Raider's Reward Box.

But that event sort of proves the opposite also, because only on the characters on which I claimed the reward very fast between one patch and the next did I receive a second box to play with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint