Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Anniversary Cakes - FYI Not Everything Is Out Yet! (Read 10242 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Anniversary Cakes - FYI Not Everything Is Out Yet!
Reply #25 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am:
Not sure why this is leveled at Millennials. I have met far more shitty entitled 40 year olds.

my parent's baby boomer generation is more entitled than any other group of people I've ever met. And they're happy to be so entitled at the cost of future generations, including their own children. And they're mean and condescending about it.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #26 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:39pm:
Just thinking of getting to Chains, OoB, and AdQ makes me never want to see Sands, ever.

Ha, if there's one item that provokes my spite into action it's that fucking Torc. I have three, and I have the runs that you'd imagine that took. All those long, dull, robotic re-flags each time, just to get back in that five second raid... so for a moment - before I check myself - I wish no-one ever gets any free Torcs. Smiley

Edit: Bloody hell nope it's four isn't it, oh god. I'm so glad they don't report properly on total raids run.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:52pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #27 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:24pm:
XP token would be cool, but realistically, how much time does it really save? You can make 100k XP with a couple runs of VoN3 and an XP pot.

A real winner would be Shards from the old Shard/Seal/Scroll epic items.

BtA (so not tradeable/ auctionable, as if that matters) and would get some of the old items back in circulation, or at least let some long suffering grinders get their eSoS. It's still not super great because you'd still need the seal and Scroll to complete the item regardless of the "Mana from Heaven" shard gift.

It's also on target with the rationale they used for including the VoM and Mantle of the Worldshaper: Let people who have one piece but not the other finish their augment.

Win-Win.

Which is why it's not happening.  Cry

Anything they add has to be BtC, it's one of their requirements when choosing.  B/c infinite alts.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #28 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:45pm:
I understand the prevailing thought on it but I still have a Pal without a SoS and I'd swap the quiver. All about taste, innit. I wonder if they'd consider a crunching recipe to burn something you've picked and give you a token back. (Arf.) Anyway, it's not the end of the world as you say. Just I'd have made a different choice with full information, too much to ask of the current crop it seems.

Yes!  Then I can take all the hellfire crossbows I have and crunch them for tokens.  I see chronoscope runs in the LFMs increasing 1,000,000%.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:15pm by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #29 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:39pm:
I would love a Torc. Would actually make me play heroics just to use the item. Wouldnt make me flag for that raid though. Just thinking of getting to Chains, OoB, and AdQ makes me never want to see Sands, ever.

I didn't think Nubbinns was a casual.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:27pm:
I didn't think Nubbinns was a casual.

yeah, because i dont like low level heroics or running thru sands like a muppet? i did think youre retarded tho, so...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #31 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:15pm:
Yes!  Then I can take all the hellfire crossbows I have and crunch them for tokens.  I see chronoscope runs in the LFMs increasing 1,000,000%.

Shhhhhhhh.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:15pm:

Dude... just make and transfer infinite quivers. In 3 hours you'll have every item on the list. Faster, if you can find a better way then I used.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:41pm:
Dude... just make and transfer infinite quivers. In 3 hours you'll have every item on the list. Faster, if you can find a better way then I used.

Isn't that hellfire crossbow and the Quori docent BTA anyway?
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:24pm by viadrouw »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:20pm:
Isn't that hellfire crossbow and the Quori docent BTA anyway?

I sure as hell thought they were, but with 5 hellfires buming around alts and the quori only really good for 2 levels anyway I wasn't exactly in a race to take either of those things Tongue Sure do wish the red dragon helm were BtA though! Got one on my joke character at least.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #35 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:06am:
Not sure why this is leveled at Millennials. I have met far more shitty entitled 40 year olds.

Feynman is back?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #36 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:59pm:
Anything they add has to be BtC, it's one of their requirements when choosing.  B/c infinite alts.

Having recently rolled through several servers to check all my alts and then roll a few more to fill the stable, I can safely say that anyone who wants to delete/reroll for infinite tokens is welcome to them.

If you assume that even mashing buttons through character generation, it'd take hours to do during a limited time event, my logic would be "fugggit."

This is the attitude they take for TP grinding: Anyone who wants to grind it out is welcome to do so. Most people value their time more highly than imaginary items or even money.

You are completely correct of course, I am once again just awestruck by the inability of this staff to see the bigger picture.

I definitely believe one of the earlier posts (too lazy to go back and quote) was right:

A lot of hostile office politics and hubris.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #37 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:50pm:
my parent's baby boomer generation is more entitled than any other group of people I've ever met. And they're happy to be so entitled at the cost of future generations, including their own children. And they're mean and condescending about it.

This.

ZOMG SO MUCH THIS.

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST ON A CRACKER, THIS.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #38 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:39am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 1:43pm:
I would LOVE to get an eSoS shard FINALLY. The shard is the hardest part to get, even moderately grinding for the shard will net you multiples of the item, heroic SoS is not exactly highly sought after(though it is pretty nice at level).

Yes.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Items being added are: A cosmetic Robe of Winter Ice, the heroic Sword of Shadow, Cloudburst, and an auto-consume 100,000 XP gem

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #40 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:31pm:
yeah, because i dont like low level heroics or running thru sands like a muppet? i did think youre retarded tho, so...

You never run 2 of the best epic xp/min quests in the game because you can't read a map? Sure, screw chains, but whining that you can't find quests is pure noobsauce.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 10:42am:
whining that you can't find quests is pure noobsauce.

I bet you only go for the D&D brand dildos when shoving them in you. much hardcore

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #42 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
http://ddowiki.com/page/Map_of_Sands_of_Menechtarun/full

Now you can tell everyone that I guided you in.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Made 6 quivers with disposable toons, and had planned on waiting on the others to see if anyone finds a way to use them.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
Now you can tell everyone that I guided you in.

that's the same thing you said about your d&d dildos.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #45 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Do we know when the list will be complete? I'd like to trade in before the event is over.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #46 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Word from podcasts is end of March for the end of turn ins.  As abrupt and end there was to all the events this time, might be sooner.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #47 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 9:20am:
Word from podcasts is end of March for the end of turn ins.  As abrupt and end there was to all the events this time, might be sooner.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472715-When-does-the-10th-Anniversary-...
Quote:
We will have the anniversary event active through at least the end of March.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/472715-When-does-the-10th-Anniversary-...
Quote:
At this point we have no specific date in mind, other than "sometime after March." We'll let you know when we get close to the end date.

Quote:
Quote:
Just to be clear,this refers to both turning in the free anniversary tokens and to running the anniversary challenge quest and cashing in the party favor tokens,right?
Correct.

it can't be more clear : you can farm Partycrasher redux, and turn in your token at least until the last day or march.
Probably a bit longer...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint