Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) unwavering ardency or sos?? (Read 15315 times)
TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Re: unwavering ardency or sos??
Reply #25 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:39am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 3:26am:
Think they're BTC? 
but you need the favor, and if you're using the recycle iconic, you don't have the favor.

I think they used to be once upon a time... might've been changed though. If they still are, it's enough if one in your toon stable has the favor. Will check later if nobody else can verify.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 9:44pm:
What fun, if we make them add a ML 4 to the token like they did for the cards? Forgetting vets and iconics exist....

I already do those things and why is my text red i wrote this

0. Before creating a random character have crafted +1 100 holy arrows make sure they are bound to account via CC
- put those arrows in your shared bank

1. create a new random character
- I like doing druids so choose the preset path and choose level 4 so I can get access to wolf wildshape for that 10% striding

2. just select "continue on path" choose jump and longerstride buffs, cast them while on ship, don't forget to wildshape to wolf

3. jump off the ledge and accumulate 0-16 fall damage and run to house p

4. collect quiver from token

5. before creating a random character have crafted +1 100 holy arrows make sure they are bound to account via CC

6. go to house c, go to bank, grab your account bound arrows in shared bank, double click quiver gather
-take out the 100 masterword arrows if you want to

7. drag your now newly account bound quiver into your shared account.

8. If you wish to repeat this process delete the druid you just created and repeat steps 1-7

dont change it please for copyright and trademark llc tm

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #27 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 6:49pm:
The set bonus is situational. The main draw is Trueseeing and +5/+8 Sneak Attack damage.  The only 2 earlier trueseeing options are from sets, and the only other +5 sneak item is an upgraded Abbot cloak.

And, other than greensteel, I can't think of decent level 13 goggles on a melee.

Cove hats can have the sneak attack and earlier, but no true seeing. Googles are really cool. But... vod can even be soloed so :/

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:11am:
I already do those things and why is my text red i wrote this

0. Before creating a random character have crafted +1 100 holy arrows make sure they are bound to account via CC

- I like doing druids so choose the preset path and choose level 4 so I can get access to wolf wildshape for that 10% striding

2. just select "continue on path" choose jump and longerstride buffs, cast them while on ship, don't forget to wildshape to wolf

5. before creating a random character have crafted +1 100 holy arrows make sure they are bound to account via CC

6. go to house c, go to bank, grab your account bound arrows in shared bank, double click quiver gather

8. If you wish to repeat this process delete the druid you just created and repeat steps 1-7

I'll save you a few minutes of runnin and zoning:

1) log in to make arrows and log out
2) buy DG Iconic and make a DG  as quickly as possible putting no thought into shit other than int high enough for 5th level spells
3) select "Earthen Illusionist" pre-made path (Turbine should of just named it the "Quiver Giver" path)
4) Log in and talk to Elmister and level to 15 w/ 1 click option to 15
5) Take pre-selected teleport spell and hotbar it (You can memorize the spell next to Elmister no need to actually zone into the bar).
6) teleport to house P and get quiver
7) teleport to House C and bank
8) Delete and repeat

so that is a load in and 2 zoning screens. Fuck running in wolf form.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 5:39pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
klajsdhd wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 12:24pm:
Yeah, I already got the quiver for all of my accounts - upgraded. It's really not that hard

Here's the process.

As Darth points out, there are other ways of doing this.
Darth's requires buying Deep gnome, others need iconics and yours need Druid.

My only suggestion is for an account that doesn't have crafting levels, Holy arrows are not the lowest levels arrows.  There are some +1 frost arrows (fire too) for crafting level 5 which only takes a sec to reach.
It only takes a few lesser essences which can be bought or traded freely from your other toons/accounts.  Hell, I had some Vet give me a bunch of essences to help me out.
Wish there were more people like that in game!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Since the arrows are BtA you can craft them on your crafter and drop them in the shared bank.

Personally I found making a lvl 4 Vet 1 barbarian was the fastest method, due to lag associated with iconics and the proximity of the airship tower. Barbarians run pretty fast, and taking 4 levels instead of 7 was a bit quicker. I ran to the market bank but in hindsight Necro would have been closer.

Of course, we are ultimately talking about a savings of a few minutes, here. With the event running through at least the end of the month, you got time.

I've also never seen a group of vaulties try quite so hard to get an exploit patched Tongue seriously, you guys must hate sploits!!!! lol

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 5:50pm:
As Darth points out, there are other ways of doing this.
Darth's requires buying Deep gnome, others need iconics and yours need Druid.

*sigh* but doesn't Turbine deserve a few $ for the trouble they take in making this shit so convenient. Haven't they called it a F2P “pay for convenience” model? That is what we are supposed to be doing and TY Turbine for delivering!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I bought $60 in points last night as a thank you for all the free quivers. I also paid for Vet Status Tongue haven't bought Deep Gnome yet since I prefer Warforged-based casters. They're definitely makin enough cash off me.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  

BTW, you don't have to create a new stack of crafted arrows every single time (just once in the beginning) as you can take one arrow from the stack and put it back into the quiver to make it bound to account again.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:48pm:
BTW, you don't have to create a new stack of crafted arrows every single time (just once in the beginning) as you can take one arrow from the stack and put it back into the quiver to make it bound to account again.

I generally found that it took putting arrows in twice, so id pull the stack out of the bank aplit out 1 and 1, then put those in one at a time. Another person reported success just taking the arrows out and putting them back in.

Either way to save time and keep arrows, I left just the 2 in there at a time and tossed the whole shooting match back in the bank. It was funny seeing them all sitting there with a dwindling pile of arrows at the bottom.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:03pm:
I generally found that it took putting arrows in twice, so id pull the stack out of the bank aplit out 1 and 1, then put those in one at a time. Another person reported success just taking the arrows out and putting them back in.

Either way to save time and keep arrows, I left just the 2 in there at a time and tossed the whole shooting match back in the bank. It was funny seeing them all sitting there with a dwindling pile of arrows at the bottom.

A kindergartner could figure it out. It's the fuckin Hokie Pokie. It just takes two times. You could put 1 arrow in and take it out and just put the same arrow right the fuck back in again.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:03pm:

Yup, I was going to add that you may need to play around with the stack a bit.

A quiver full of Quivers for all!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:16pm:
A kindergartner could figure it out. 

And yet somebody still thought we needed a video to explain it Tongue lol seriously, I wrote the steps out 5 or 6 times from memory and still wasted less time than it took to watch, let alone make, that.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 8:07pm
Print Post  

Oh, you had that trademarked? My bad.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 8:24am
Print Post  
KingLurker wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:57am:
Funny thing, is that quiver nowdays is nothing big.
I mean guild buff overlaps with striding, and lasts for hours, while most if not all in heroics at least, use old resistances.
So every one hour u r back to the ship to get ur buffs... meaning u get a 10% ranged alacrity..that's all.
Not that 10% ranged alacrity is something to throw away, but NOTHING game-changing.. it's not like the old trick to run heroics using epic twists and shit, just an example and my 2cents.

P.S. If u ran abbot in the past and never managed to get it, just for the heck of it , yeah take it, i will understand that more, way the fuck more actually.

And does it even stack with enhancemnts? I seem to recall putting it on a rune arm and discovering it added nothing. I'll probably grab a few for the "hey, I finally got one" factor, but I'm wondering how much time I want to spend screwing around with these. For a character with Denieth favor, is it worth taking t and reassigning my other sources of alacrity? Assuming I can even remember which character that was  Embarrassed

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
10% alactrity and 30% run speed on a no ML item that occupies a seldom-used slot is pretty powerful. I've got 30% augs shoved in every which way on my heroic gear, and still had a tough time slotting it. Now if I can just find a better place to jam Feather Fall I'll be golden.

Know what woulda been nice for the 10 year? A combination

Featherfall
Underwater Action
30% run speed
Deathblock
Blindness Ward
Fear Immunity

Item. Can I have that? Can it be like ML12 or 15 maybe? Would it kill ya to throw in a colorless augment slot so I can drop master's gift on there?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #41 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:54pm:
10% alactrity and 30% run speed on a no ML item that occupies a seldom-used slot is pretty powerful. I've got 30% augs shoved in every which way on my heroic gear, and still had a tough time slotting it. Now if I can just find a better place to jam Feather Fall I'll be golden.

Featherfall
Underwater Action
30% run speed
Deathblock
Blindness Ward
Fear Immunity

Item. Can I have that? Can it be like ML12 or 15 maybe? Would it kill ya to throw in a colorless augment slot so I can drop master's gift on there?

How about a triple negative green steel item with a stack of Ff scrolls and some commendation haste pots?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #42 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:51pm:
How about a triple negative green steel item with a stack of Ff scrolls and some commendation haste pots?

Too much work, I'll just eat the fall damage.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #43 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:06pm
Print Post  

Featherfall
Underwater Action
30% run speed
Deathblock
Blindness Ward
Fear Immunity

OMG, now *that* would be an anniversary to remember. Not that I'm complaining about the free character slot, but, that would be awesome!
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:14pm by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #44 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 7:37am
Print Post  

Featherfall
Underwater Action
30% run speed
Deathblock
Blindness Ward
Fear Immunity

That would've been a great idea. Maybe roll back those fucking stupid poison and disease changes too, the pedantic, sadistic fucks.

IP Logged

klajsdhd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 8:07pm:
Oh, you had that trademarked? My bad.

YOU ARE BAD

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 7:37am:
That would've been a great idea. Maybe roll back those fucking stupid poison and disease changes too, the pedantic, sadistic fucks.

Yeah that was an annoying change, nerfed half the resistance salad Tongue

The main problem is nearly all of those things are friggin Prefixes. So you could get around some slotting issues by putting 2 of them on a crafted item by using augments(ring with a yellow or green slot). I'm just doing the math, here, for fun:

Greensteel "Resistance Salad" item:
*Blindness Immunity
*Fear Immunity
*Deathblock

Quiver of Alactrity
*Run Speed 30%

That's 4 down, now we just need
*Underwater Action
*Feather Fall

Which you could throw on a lvl 7 item. Or add in a colorless slot for Master's Gift and make it ML9. For the sake of my OCD and since we've got a few spare MLs to work with, be nice to find a good suffix shard that won't break the level requirement. The goal here is to get the whole thing to be either ML12(greensteel) or ML15(Iconics).

Of course the ACTUAL goal is to have it all on a single freaking item so we can stop worrying about slotting all this shit. But Plan B is to have it on as few and as unobtrusive of items as possible. Cloak slot always feels empty to me in heroics, might run with that.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #47 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Triple Neg of Warforged Colorless Augment. Does all of above, one white slot. Wink

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #48 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 2:23am:
Isn't House D arrows BTA? Seems a bit quicker than to craft.

Cannith ammo is super easy and cheap to craft.  Also, if you have a mechanic, just craft some generic holy bolts and send it to them when you’re done.  It'll take them just as long to go through that pile as it would for them to go through a pile of sturdy house d ammo.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
Triple Neg of Warforged Colorless Augment. Does all of above, one white slot. Wink

...the fuck is a triple neg of warforged colorless augment? that does not exist in any crafting system I am remotely aware of. I'm familiar with ye-oldie GS resistance item that does 3 of those things(blindness, fear, death) that I guess some people call triple neg, but I keep stating again how it only does 3 of those things : da fug you talkin' bout?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint