Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic God damn, I see what you all mean... (Read 7741 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

God damn, I see what you all mean...
Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
So I'm vaguely familiar with the Uurlock-hate that permeates the Vault, but I never understood why until now. I was bored and tooling around the motherboards when I ran into this rock-fucking-stupid crafting thread he's got. Holly SHIT.

Don't get me wrong, his ideas may be good(I don't know, I didn't read them) its just the sheer, mind-bending pretentiousness of it all. He's got a fucking running word count. He's apparently spent dozens, possibly hundreds of hours detailing a system that's in-depth and tailored very carefully around his own fucking play-style.

I never thought this was possible, but this is actually worse than the perma-deathers demanding turbine make a special permadeath game mode just for them. Oh god someone please shut that guy up.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: God damn, I see what you all mean...
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:20pm:
Oh god someone please shut that guy up.

Good luck with that.
He's got Cordoban's cock so far down his gullet, he shits himself every time Cordo sneezes.

That guy is really something else.  I tend to avoid his threads, but just like P4P here, he likes to sprinkle his Doo-doos everywhere.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
You should have seen the stuff by Snooch.

That one was just a hoot to troll.

I didn't troll the mother boards often when I played, but this guy always had a target.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:07pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
I do love the way people waste their time to come up with "ideas" on the motherboards.

Fucking wake up and smell the reheated bad coffee from yesterday. Turdbin has their shitty plan layed out already. Nothing you say will ever be considered or shown the tiniest of respect.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:32pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:28pm:
I do love the way people waste their time to come up with "ideas" on the motherboards.

Fucking wake up and smell the reheated bad coffee from yesterday. Turdbin has their shitty plan layed out already. Nothing you say will ever be considered or shown the tiniest of respect.

that's in uurcock case actually good:)

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:06pm:
You should have seen the stuff by Snooch.

That one was just a hoot to troll.

I didn't troll the mother boards often when I played, but this guy always had a target. 

Wasn't he the one who put totally wrong build advice in the Compendium or on the wiki and got the people who corrected it banned? I rember me and a friend new to DDO following the advice from somebody with a name like that and getting stuck with a pair of characters so gimp we just deleted them by level 10. if that's the guy, I cheered every time somebody trolled him on the motherboards.

But yeah, Uurlackey is a total waste of oxygen, and too stupid to realize he's only tolerated because of papa cordo's protection. It was a hoot to see him get his BlackEyes when he tried to come play in the deep end of the pool  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:28pm:

What the devs are looking for(what's really useful feedback to them) are simple things like "hey, I think crafting should be updated" and "just fyi, it'd be a dick move if you made crafting cost AS" - that's actually valuable.

Players inventing and fully fleshing out complex systems, with 0 understanding of the game's source, code, db structure, and design standards? If you printed out his thread and wiped your ass with it, it'd be more useful.

It's the equivalant of accosting Steven Speilburg at a star bucks and shoving 9 completed scripts for a star wars reboot into his lap.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:13pm:
It's the equivalant of accosting Steven Speilburg at a star bucks and shoving 9 completed scripts for a star wars reboot into his lap.

Right! 

Because why the heck would Spielberg care about Star Wars scripts, anyway?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:13pm:
Players inventing and fully fleshing out complex systems, with 0 understanding of the game's source, code, db structure, and design standards?

Yeah, we don't need it from players, we already have devs doing exactly that  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:20pm:
Right! 

Because why the heck would Spielberg care about Star Wars scripts, anyway?

Exactly! You're doing way more work than anyone wants to see from an amature, then giving it to someone who can't use it and doesn't want it.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:35pm:
Exactly! You're doing way more work than anyone wants to see from an amateur, then giving it to someone who can't use it and doesn't want it.

FTFY.

Also, I understand your argument, but I find it to be invalid.

This isn't about "professionals" and "amateurs", since their are no professionals currently working at Turbine, at least not on the DDO section.

It's about basic human vanity.

What you have are a bunch of inept people who are simultaneously covering their collective asses for employment while at the same time being over-wrought with hubris driven by insecurity because they know that they suck at their jobs.

So yeah, they are going to dismiss any and all feedback/ ideas out of hand that they didn't "create" themselves. Because saying some nameless, faceless 12 year old on the forums had this great idea you implemented that drove traffic and increased revenues for the last quarter looks truly shitty on a resume.

Admitting somebody walked in off the street and does your job better than you doesn't make you look great either.

Because the next question any rational employer asks is then: "So then, what am I paying you for, exactly? Get me the number of this Off-the-street 12 year old."

This haughty attitude is especially prominent with coders, who are usually the losers who couldn't get laid in high school and have hung their balls on being "professional developers". The ones who weren't losers are busy running their own businesses or are gainfully employed by real developers or IT firms.

But you are correct in the fact that voicing ideas or opinions on the MBs is just pissing into the wind.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
This isn't about "professionals" and "amateurs", since their are no professionals currently working at Turbine, at least not on the DDO section.

You make a valid point, "amateur" was definitely the wrong word to use, here. Can I go with moron? That more accurately describes uurlock...

IP Logged

Soulless187
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
So I'm vaguely familiar with the Uurlock-hate that permeates the Vault, but I never understood why until now. I was bored and tooling around the motherboards when I ran into this rock-fucking-stupid crafting thread he's got. Holly SHIT.

Don't get me wrong, his ideas may be good(I don't know, I didn't read them) its just the sheer, mind-bending pretentiousness of it all. He's got a fucking running word count. He's apparently spent dozens, possibly hundreds of hours detailing a system that's in-depth and tailored very carefully around his own fucking play-style.

I never thought this was possible, but this is actually worse than the perma-deathers demanding turbine make a special permadeath game mode just for them. Oh god someone please shut that guy up.

Don't forget that apparently on Khyber  every party he joins hes got to mention the fact that he's on the PC.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  

But there aren't any amateurs, either. Amateur means one who does it for love of it, and the people who work for Turdbin are bitter souls who hate DDO, the players, and in fact all of the living. I don't know what word would best describe Turdbin employees, but it is neither "professionals" nor "amateurs"  Undecided

But you are correct in the fact that voicing ideas or opinions on the MBs is just pissing into the windon an electric fence.

FTFY.

It's mostly pointless, punctuated by short bursts of acute pain. Generally better avoided.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 9:02pm by Meursault »  

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #14 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:59am
Print Post  
My favorite are the threads where the first 5 posts are "Reserved" by the OP.

The guy feels so important he lets everyone know he's gonna need more than 1 giant fucking wall of text to explain his idea.

And the fucking suggestions/ideas being posted in General Discussions ... then when you tell them to post in the Suggestions & Ideas dumpster where they belong because no one cares about their shit, they say it's important so it needs to be somewhere else than the fucking thing that was made for them to be in.

This is why I rarely go to the forums anymore.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Every time this damn thread pop up on first page it reminds me one Project manager I was working under. He pretty often came at our office in morning with words: "Guys, I just was at the toilet and got this bright idea..."

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #16 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 8:56pm:
But there aren't any amateurs, either. Amateur means one who does it for love of it, and the people who work for Turdbin are bitter souls who hate DDO, the players, and in fact all of the living. I don't know what word would best describe Turdbin employees, but it is neither "professionals" nor "amateurs"  Undecided

Zombies

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:14am:
Every time this damn thread pop up on first page it reminds me one Project manager I was working under. He pretty often came at our office in morning with words: "Guys, I just was at the toilet and got this bright idea..."

Dropping great ideas one bathroom break at a time  Grin

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 7:07am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:06am:
Zombies

Smiley

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:58am:
Dropping great ideas one bathroom break at a time  Grin

yeah, but most times it looked he messed orifices, dropping bright idea into toilet and shit coming from his mouth. Same as Uurcock

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 7:47am:
Wasn't he the one who put totally wrong build advice in the Compendium or on the wiki and got the people who corrected it banned? I rember me and a friend new to DDO following the advice from somebody with a name like that and getting stuck with a pair of characters so gimp we just deleted them by level 10. if that's the guy, I cheered every time somebody trolled him on the motherboards.

Yes, Godh aka Snooch was the one that made things like Team Sorceror in the Compendium.

This is how Mr Infraction earned his Vault Title and and got his permanent forum Ban. ( since that day, lots of Vaulties have tried to beat is 10 Points Infraction, but none managed to beat it.

You can dig both the drama and the Infraction Report in the Appropriate Vault Subforums.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #21 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Oh, OH! OH!! This is from Uurlock...

Quote:
The state of the game is healthy with an upbeat future.

Smiley

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:48pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  

Truly he is a paradox. He is able to simultaneously be the biggest cock on the planet while being a little dickhead.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
Oh, OH! OH!! This is from Uurlock...

Quote:
The state of the game is healthy with an upbeat future.

Sure sure, and he's going to tell us there's no lag. ( we aborted two raids last night because of it : EE Wyrm and EH DOJ )
And it wasn't the Auras. There's been something became screwed in U29 that brought it in... I'm starting to suspect a feat, an enhancement or a passive destiny ability ( something stacking that can't be turned off, unless when you're dead ) that interract with mobs...

Thus generating lots of updates to be sent to all the party members after lots of computation.

I also suspect that it's also something where the mob usually fails the saves on EN/EH but on EE it's not always the case... Thus adding more computation and data updates to be crunched by the server.

See I'm not always defending Turbine when it comes to Lag.  Grin

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #24 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
FTFY.

Also, I understand your argument, but I find it to be invalid.

It's about basic human vanity.

What you have are a bunch of inept people who are simultaneously covering their collective asses for employment while at the same time being over-wrought with hubris driven by insecurity because they know that they suck at their jobs.

So yeah, they are going to dismiss any and all feedback/ ideas out of hand that they didn't "create" themselves. Because saying some nameless, faceless 12 year old on the forums had this great idea you implemented that drove traffic and increased revenues for the last quarter looks truly shitty on a resume.

Admitting somebody walked in off the street and does your job better than you doesn't make you look great either.

Because the next question any rational employer asks is then: "So then, what am I paying you for, exactly? Get me the number of this Off-the-street 12 year old."

No they don't, because the boss never hears about the 12 year old....some middle management twat heads the kid off, then passes his ideas off as his own. Then fucks it up.
It happens in any company in any field on the entire fucking planet.

Urcock is simply indulging in some post room to board room wetdream that one day one of his ideas will actually make it into the game, or the ultimate fantasy....he might follow in Cordos chubby pawprints and actually get hired.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint