Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What did I miss ? (Read 5133 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

What did I miss ?
Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:03am
Print Post  

Ok, I've been out of the loop since monday morning ( Europe )...
With U30 and anniversary coming.

I'm too tired ( I somewhat 'slept' 4 hours in the coach on the way back from the Alps ) to waddle through 3 pages of Vault Business, so can somebody give me an executive summary of the important things I missed ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: What did I miss ?
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 5:18am
Print Post  
There's a minor well-known exploit allowing you to get free Quivers of Alacrity thanks to the 10th aniversary celebration. Some idiot decided to make a video of it that pissed a lot of people off, but you can probably figure out how to do it yourself(hint: every new character gets a free token)

KNN is still being a ragin asshat, expect some kind of "boobies" bullshit in here.

I think you missed a massive Legendary Greensteel duping spree but I'm not sure when you stepped out.

Most discussion lately has been focused around abusing the anniversary event.

I think that covers most of it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:52am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 5:18am:
There's a minor well-known exploit allowing you to get free Quivers of Alacrity thanks to the 10th aniversary celebration. Some idiot decided to make a video of it that pissed a lot of people off, but you can probably figure out how to do it yourself(hint: every new character gets a free token)

Well I got one this morning on a mule account... and I am aware of the way to get more.

KNN is still being a ragin asshat, expect some kind of "boobies" bullshit in here.

I saw that one, it was fun to watch him squirm that way... it was as if he was still playing.

I think you missed a massive Legendary Greensteel duping spree but I'm not sure when you stepped out.

Nope, got that one it's what sent Puerto Potty into her Princess Temper Tantrum

Most discussion lately has been focused around abusing the anniversary event.

What event ?  I don't call a free loot coupon an event... Marketplace Tent blowing up is what I call an event.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:52am:

What event ?  I don't call a free loot coupon an event... Marketplace Tent blowing up is what I call an event.

Its no marketplace tent blowing up, but there is a little special dungeon that's nothing terribly impressive where you can grind for some gear that is also not terribly impressive(http://ddowiki.com/page/10th_Anniversary) Its mildly amusing but not exactly the 10th birthday bash DDO deserves.

Also they are running Crystal Cove, Festivalt, and the Risia Ice Games all at once.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Its no marketplace tent blowing up, but there is a little special dungeon that's nothing terribly impressive where you can grind for some gear that is also not terribly impressive(http://ddowiki.com/page/10th_Anniversary) Its mildly amusing but not exactly the 10th birthday bash DDO deserves.

Also they are were running Crystal Cove, Festivalt, and the Risia Ice Games all at once.

FTFY.

The Pumpkin Coffee Flask that Steel slipped in there will be nice, assuming Artificers get a proper pass someday.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:52am:
I saw that one, it was fun to watch him squirm that way... it was as if he was still playing.

Says the faggot who was literally crying so hard, perfect strangers on a message board were sending him condolances and checking on his mental state.

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
You poor bastard!

You missed Puerto Potty boy laying his tiny little dick on the line by insisting that Grand's LGS dupe wasn't real just because he was jealous.

Followed by 4 glorious days of that weakass getting ritually humiliated when he had to try to walk it back because he was proven wrong and couldn't retcon it because he had been quoted.

Protip folks! always quote the particularly stupid shit P4P tries for later use. It's called the 5 Foot rule.   
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:22pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You poor bastard!

You missed Puerto Potty boy laying his tiny little dick on the line by insisting that Grand's LGS dupe wasn't real just because he was jealous.

Followed by 4 glorious days of that weakass getting ritually humiliated when he had to try to walk it back because he was proven wrong and couldn't retcon it because he had been quoted.

Protip folks! always quote the particularly stupid shit P4P tries for later use. It's called the 5 Foot rule.   

No need to be upset, put hatred aside and accept your ban.

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Says the guy who... oh wait! I don't have to paraphrase because here it is!

[] wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:02pm:
The "kicker" is that all forms of DC duping have been fixed: the best thing that can happen is that the item will not duplicate. 

That is priceless, you will never live that down Puerto Potty, never. And now that you have been reduced to trying to helplessly claim he got banned for an exploit you insisted didn't exist out of naked jealousy? :

By the way, thanks for swinging by so I could bitch-slap you again.

You.will.never.live.it.down.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:35pm by »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:58pm:
The Pumpkin Coffee Flask that Steel slipped in there will be nice, assuming Artificers get a proper pass someday.

Does that share a cooldown with other flasks? -40 jump and -25% movement speed for 10 minutes would kinda suck if you hit one of the longer cooldown flasks after that one.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Khyber was being spazzy and decided to try and eat some peoples characters with a "characters being saved" error message on log in, it's not all characters either just which ever one bugged out around 2:30pm EST while zoning to another area or loggin out.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:34pm:
Does that share a cooldown with other flasks? -40 jump and -25% movement speed for 10 minutes would kinda suck if you hit one of the longer cooldown flasks after that one.

It does, but screw the other flasks. You can get Deathward elsewhere, and you have GS for Displacement.

What use does FoM really have, anymore? I know it works against Hold Person, but I've played toasters exclusively for so long, so that doesn't bother me. I'll use the Delving Boots for when I really need to walk through some grease.

By the way, it's also -20 dodge, quite nasty. Tried Greater Restoration, doesn't remove it.

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 9:49pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:28am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
there is a little special dungeon that's nothing terribly impressive

I know about that one, I didn't have time to finish it on Lambada, but the main room is the ballroom from Partycrasher with new textures added on top...
Even the library is at the same place and is used the same way.

Not even worthy of the special mention, copy/paste, and hour of mob un-original creation, and hour of so-so loot creation and an hour of texture tinkering is all it took to create that dungeon from the original Partycrasher.

Quote:

I saw the begining of the meltdown... It was absolutely fun to see how butthurt she was over that... especially for somebody that keeps saying she doesn't play the game anymore.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:28am:
I know about that one, I didn't have time to finish it on Lambada, but the main room is the ballroom from Partycrasher with new textures added on top...
Even the library is at the same place and is used the same way.

Not even worthy of the special mention, copy/paste, and hour of mob un-original creation, and hour of so-so loot creation and an hour of texture tinkering is all it took to create that dungeon from the original Partycrasher.

You have no idea how refreshing it is to read that. I have to keep a bucket near by when I read the Motherboard. All the clueless fanboys commenting on how awesome, creative and fun it was.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:59am by Bones »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I approve of this message.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:57am:
You have no idea how refreshing it is to read that. I have to keep a bucket near by when I read the Motherboard. All the clueless fanboys commenting on how awesome, creative and fun it was.

I'm just stating facts that seems to have escaped even the most Turbine Critical Vaulties... When I entered that room It just blew up in my face : What the hell, it's the Partycrasher Ballroom.

Since I didn't have much time, I entered the library and got nailed by it's resident as all my character copy failed... I had a gnome gimp wizard with the gear he could get in the Dojo in a few minutes. 

But I suspect there's another resident where we have all the Maleficant Cabal mob hidden in the upper floor quarters and a third one in the end fight room of Partycrasher. ( these are wild guesses, I haven't had time to try the thing now that it's in game, but I don't think I'll be far off the target. )
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:54pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
But I suspect there's another resident where we have all the Maleficant Cabal mob hidden in the upper floor quarters and a third one in the end fight room of Partycrasher. ( these are wild guesses, I haven't had time to try the thing now that it's in game, but I don't think I'll be far off the target. )

Basically you get to kill kobalds in the chapter hour for a while, then do the end fight from I Dream of Jeets. Surprisingly no malificent kabal, just the sucubus as an NPC. The rooms each have a red named that's supposed to be a turbine dev. Really unimpressive at the end of the way.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 9:05pm
Print Post  

Well shit...

Looks like I'm buying a new character slot.

Oh well, cheaper than Guh-Nomes

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
He calls me stupid, I watch him get banned; who's winning?

Cheesy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
After some cajoling I did settle on buying gnomes. Not for anything specific, just... because. I rolled one up but hadn't had time to try anything. I don't know why; I'd only ever play a warforged wizard, but the deed is done.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint