Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I guess some things were more important (Read 5296 times)
Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

I guess some things were more important
Mar 7th, 2016 at 3:35am
Print Post  
This shit anniversary party has driven more long time players away than the last 5 months combined. I've also seen an influx of some of the most dumbest and entitled sack of shit players in the past weeks. I guess invisible stalker companions, quests with devs as bosses and sucking as much fanboi asshole as humanly possible was a much larger priority than basic game maintenance especially when it comes to their supposed BIG release of legendary loot.

I have been farming for gear for some time now. I finally got all the pieces I needed for my build & when I put on my leathers of celestial sage I saw that the numbers just weren't adding up.

My earthquake DC did not change at all with the insightful spell focus mastery +2 and after some digging I found this old thread.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/469935-Leathers-of-the-Celestial-Sage-...

The last entry was 2 fucking months ago. Vagisil and Steelshit have done nothing to fix this and other issues in 2 fucking months and they all still have a job? They still expect people other than their deep throating twink stablebois to throw money at them and support their continued and sustained fuckery?

Man, they got that MF nerf right, they nerfed the shit out of many builds last year, they fucked with gear with a precision, but they just can't fix basic shit people have put in bug reports for months on.

I guess this is what happens when you get massive amounts of fanboi jizz in your eye, they won't see the problems others are having but they see the ones they have. Maybe this is why most of the faces at Turbine wear glasses.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: I guess some things were more important
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Isnt that a legendary brazenband in your ring slot?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:24am
Print Post  
lol
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:24am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:46am:
Isnt that a legendary brazenband in your ring slot?

LMAO both are insight bonuses, one might think they stack like an insight bonus to electric spell power and an insight bonus to usp I suppose, it's not that farfetched but no the insightful evo off the brazen band and the insightful spell focus mastery won't stack.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:25am by lostthenloved »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:28am
Print Post  
stacking mistake aside though I agree with the general attitude

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Lol.

The fail is strong with this one.  What a classic.  Profanity laden tirade about bugs and dev incompetence when really all the post does is exhibit your lack of understanding of game mechanics.  Since you assume that the devs are /fail because of "the massive amounts of fanboi jizz in their eye" should we assume the the same is true of you?  Perhaps you should clean your eyes after enjoying your own creative writing...

All that said, I agree that bugs take to long to get resolved and should be a higher priority.  It has been made clear on the mobo's, in podcasts and twitch, in IRC, and in the Player's council that lingering bugs are a huge cause of player frustration.  They should invest more effort into quick resolution. 

I don't agree that the anniversary event is driving players away.  I've seen some long time players returning to give the game a look.  But I've not seen any leaving because of it.  It may be meh and I might be just continuing to play my ETR's, ITR's and doing raiding but it is easy to ignore if you don't like the event.  Not sure why it would make anyone quit.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:53am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Lol good job Novalis.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:28am:
stacking mistake aside though I agree with the general attitude

There is no stacking mistake. There are 2 completely different names on the bonuses. If it was a stacking mistake then how come I get these values?

Here I have the brazenband off. It brings me down to an 81 EQ DC. I still have the armor on. If it was a stacking issue the values would not change.

Here I am with both pieces off and the values still have not changed from an 81. Even if I take everything else off, the leathers still aren't giving me the bonus. Asheras can now return his head back to the usual forward downward position over some cock and I hope he fucking chokes.

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:53am by Novalis »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:51am:
Here I am with both pieces off and the values still have not changed from an 81. Even if I take everything else off, the leathers still aren't giving me the bonus. Asheras can now return his head back to the usual forward downward position over some cock and I hope he fucking chokes.

well the leathers are still broken then but they wouldn't have stacked anyway, both are an insight bonus to the DC

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:57am
Print Post  
I was going to say the leathers are working fine, but I was using Enchantment focus to test and that is the one part that works properly.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:51am:
There is no stacking mistake. There are 2 completely different names on the bonuses. If it was a stacking mistake then how come I get these values?

http://i67.tinypic.com/b61u1c.jpg

Here I have the brazenband off. It brings me down to an 81 EQ DC. I still have the armor on. If it was a stacking issue the values would not change.

http://i63.tinypic.com/k01p1s.jpg

Lol.  Is this supposed to change the fact that you made screen shots that showed you with loot on that contradicted the item you were testing?  You still made an ass of yourself.  This issue has been reported on the forums already several times.  It's not news.  It was just funny that you fucked up documenting it so horribly.

Like I said, your massive fail aside, they need to fix bugs more quickly.

And, your "the anniversary event is driving away long time players" comment is also still unproven, and given your track record, probably more /fail on your part.  Why don't you have a nice dream about it you can share and post about ducks? 

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:03pm:
And, your "the anniversary event is driving away long time players" comment is also still unproven,

eh, i kinda have to give it to him, unproven or not the event is dull. I want some of the gear but hate the event so bad. although I WOULD think that like me the long time players would just do something else rather than just leave.

Personal point of interest, what defines a "Long time player" at this point?

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #12 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:03pm:
Lol.  Is this supposed to change the fact that you made screen shots that showed you with loot on that contradicted the item you were testing?  You still made an ass of yourself.  This issue has been reported on the forums already several times.  It's not news.  It was just funny that you fucked up documenting it so horribly.

Here I am with nothing else equipped except the leathers. My EQ DC is a 57.

So now that we have established a baseline here I am with the leathers off and it's still at a 57.

Where am I getting anything stacking? What other conflicting insightfuls are there? How many clever forum autists didn't take thier Monday meds? I think Asheras needs to get that cock out of his ass and put it back in his mouth so he can shut the fuck up for more than 5 minutes. Cocksuckers....This is the kind of shit I'd expect in the MoBo's from Jerry's kids.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:23pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
give this guy a break he is right and they are broken

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
Snip

okay, i was actually trying to have your back for a minute there but ya gotta meet me half way and try to comprehend what I am typing for you here.
1. yes the leathers are still broken. it sucks.
2. the leathers would not stack with the ring even if they weren't broken. both are insightful.

I never said anything about the other gear so if ya wanna make cracks about jerry's kids, at least, make sure you are reading it the way I'm typing it first.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:08pm:
eh, i kinda have to give it to him, unproven or not the event is dull. I want some of the gear but hate the event so bad. although I WOULD think that like me the long time players would just do something else rather than just leave.

Personal point of interest, what defines a "Long time player" at this point?

It has been proven that the event is dull.  No argument there at all.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #16 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
okay, i was actually trying to have your back for a minute there but ya gotta meet me half way and try to comprehend what I am typing for you here.
1. yes the leathers are still broken. it sucks.
2. the leathers would not stack with the ring even if they weren't broken. both are insightful.

I never said anything about the other gear so if ya wanna make cracks about jerry's kids, at least, make sure you are reading it the way I'm typing it first.

It's difficult to have concise and pointed arguments stating facts back with evidence in a civil manner when shit and jizz is being flung everywhere by the likes of fanbois needing to get a jab in at the expense of pulling out & losing their hardon for their Turbine masters. It's difficult for me to tell friend or foe at times and that's when the punkrawk comes out. So thanx for trying to at least provide an opportunity of an even keel.

That being said my argument still stands. Sure the insightful evo on the brazenband and insightful spell mastery are both insightful, but they're 2 separate bonuses, right? Or that is what we've been lead to believe. It just takes away the validity they wouldn't stack anyway since the leathers just dont fucking work on their own period.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:21pm:
give this guy a break he is right and they are broken

No one is arguing that.  Everybody knows they are broken.  And everybody knows it hasn't been fixed yet. 

I just think he should have paid a bit more attention to his screen shot choices and less time on trying to come up with ways to suggest the devs and fanbois are having homosexual encounters of some sort.  His focus was much more on his gay sex fantasies involving devs and players.  That may be telling, in and of itself.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:54pm:
That being said my argument still stands. Sure the insightful evo on the brazenband and insightful spell mastery are both insightful, but they're 2 separate bonuses, right? Or that is what we've been lead to believe. It just takes away the validity they wouldn't stack anyway since the leathers just dont fucking work on their own period.

Skipping your preference for discussing jizz and devs, and sticking with the game mechanics:

1)  You are correct that the +2 insightful spell focus bonus on the Celestial Sage armor is not WAI.

2)  You are incorrect that a +2 insightful school specific bonus (such as evo) should stack with a +2 insightful generic spell focus bonus.  Generic bonuses do not stack with school specific bonuses of the same type (Equipment bonus).  This flows through to insightful equipment and quality equipment bonuses.  "We" have never been led to believe otherwise.  This is consistent with the handling of Spell power (potency vs. school specific) and PRR (Sheltering vs. physical resistance) and MRR (Sheltering vs. magical resistance) and Saves and Stats (A +1 profane bonus to all stats does not stack with a +3 profane bonus to strength specifically).  Bonuses of the same type do NOT stack. 

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:16pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
Skipping your preference for discussing jizz and devs, and sticking with the game mechanics:

1)  You are correct that the +2 insightful spell focus bonus on the Celestial Sage armor is not WAI.

2)  You are incorrect that a +2 insightful school specific bonus (such as evo) should stack with a +2 insightful generic spell focus bonus.  Generic bonuses do not stack with school specific bonuses of the same type (Equipment bonus).  This flows through to insightful equipment and quality equipment bonuses.  "We" have never been led to believe otherwise.  This is consistent with the handling of Spell power (potency vs. school specific) and PRR (Sheltering vs. physical resistance) and MRR (Sheltering vs. magical resistance) and Saves and Stats (A +1 profane bonus to all stats does not stack with a +3 profane bonus to strength specifically).  Bonuses of the same type do NOT stack. 

During my initial testing I removed my Brazenband, the piece that contained my topaz of greater evocation and anything else that would have given me a false foundation. If the leathers would have actually worked I would have discovered a conflicting stacking issue. I would have sucked some shit myself for all the wasted time spent farming for gear with a scheme that would have never worked for me. And I would have never made this post starting at 1 in the goddamn AM. Besides it woulda been nice to free up the ring slot anyways

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:39pm:
During my initial testing I removed my Brazenband, the piece that contained my topaz of greater evocation and anything else that would have given me a false foundation. If the leathers would have actually worked I would have discovered a conflicting stacking issue. I would have sucked some shit myself for all the wasted time spent farming for gear with a scheme that would have never worked for me. And I would have never made this post starting at 1 in the goddamn AM. Besides it woulda been nice to free up the ring slot anyways

The Topaz of Greater Evocation does stack with the insightful spell focus or insightful evocation focus as it is not an equipment bonus.  It is an enhancement bonus.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:39pm:

wear brazenband and TF shadow caster armor. more dcs that way anyways?

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:06pm:
wear brazenband and TF shadow caster armor. more dc's that way anyways?

have never played a druid so I just don't know, does shadow armor break the druidic oath? I would assume it does not

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #23 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:09pm:
have never played a druid so I just don't know, does shadow armor break the druidic oath? I would assume it does not

It does not. It is made of scale.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:32pm by Lemming »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 2:32pm:
It does not. It is made of scale.

boom. 1 DC and ghostly.