Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck me, what am I doing wrong? (Read 19513 times)
Sailias
Dragon Raider

Re: Fuck me, what am I doing wrong?
Reply #25 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:11am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 7:00pm:
does its crit profile get further expanded by swashbuckling?

Solid yes. Swashbuckling is DISGUSTING.

Just wait until you get Blow by Blow. It's gross.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:16am
Print Post  
eterna1_drag0n wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 2:07pm:
20 bard is better, my opinion.
Only 2 stats matter Dex and Con you can pretty much dump the rest: 
Dex = finesse feat for to-hit and swash enhancement for Dex based damage. Gives high reflex save and added ac 20 bard get evasion as a cap enhance too. 
Con = hp and fort save.

That assumes he isn't on a TR train and will never see any befit from a capstone anyway.  2 Fighter gives 2 feats, BAB, and a few more HP.  All handy from level 2 on.  Then bank from 18 and TR once you can take 20.  Not so handy for an iconic build though...

But yeah, kinda funny to hear someone running a swashbuckler using a bsword and wearing heavy armor.   Shocked
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:19am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eterna1_drag0n
Waterworks Kobold

No!

Reply #27 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:43am
Print Post  
yeah, your right, forgot about normal play. Just been grinding EPLs and swash is great for all spheres.  I highly recommend for EPLs  Dreadnought, Divine crusader, fury of the wild, and bard trees all work great.  swash makes ETRs easy.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:44am by eterna1_drag0n »  

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:16am:
But yeah, kinda funny to hear someone running a swashbuckler using a bsword and wearing heavy armor.   Shocked

it s parody of dwarven defender parody build:)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:16am:

I built him wrong on purpose as a joke Tongue

lol but seriously, I am in a tick of trouble atm. Turns out I don't have Razorend, though I could turn in my very last set of(very expensive, but got there money's worth) tome pages to get one. I've got weapons, but I haven't got any sort of decent armor to speak of.

I also have the feats Bastard Sword and Heavy Armor Training, so if I want to continue down the path of buckling up all my swashes, I am looking at at least 2 feat swaps. After a few other leveling mistakes it may just be smarter to do an LR.

Thats assuming I even want to go that rout, though. What if I go warchanter, strap on heavy armor, pull out my trusty illegitimate child, and jsut not have an off-hand? It would certainly look cool.

But swashbuckler does seem pretty friggin crazy...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
theres always next life:)

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:08am:
lol but seriously, I am in a tick of trouble atm. Turns out I don't have Razorend, though I could turn in my very last set of(very expensive, but got there money's worth) tome pages to get one. I've got weapons, but I haven't got any sort of decent armor to speak of.

I also have the feats Bastard Sword and Heavy Armor Training, so if I want to continue down the path of buckling up all my swashes, I am looking at at least 2 feat swaps. After a few other leveling mistakes it may just be smarter to do an LR.

Thats assuming I even want to go that rout, though. What if I go warchanter, strap on heavy armor, pull out my trusty illegitimate child, and jsut not have an off-hand? It would certainly look cool.

But swashbuckler does seem pretty friggin crazy...

Re: weapons, you don't seem to be listening to the advice offered here.  Razorend is by no means "essential". A swashbuckler's power comes from the T5 abilities. Which weapon you are using in heroics is a distant secondary concern. 

You could easily run a Swashbuckler from 4 to 20 using a Sky Pirate's Dagger or Tiefling Assassin's Blade and still out kill most people in a random PUG.  Hell, pick anything on this list and run with it.   http://ddowiki.com/page/List_of_Swashbuckler_weapons_with_improved_crit_profile

If for some stupid reason you don't have any of those sitting in the bank, go to the auction house and buy the best RNG <elemental> Damage of Critical <elemental/piercing> Damage light/finessable weapon you can find and go faceroll the missions.

Re: armor, are you seriously a multi-TR who exploited but can't make any light dragonscale armor?  Even if you haven't exploited, it takes half a day at worst to farm 20 black or white scales to make it.  Again, especially in heroics, you could roll with some RNG armor off the AH and do just fine on a swashbuckler.

Suck it up, do the feat swaps or a LR, get a finessable weapon and light dragon armor, then go enjoy swashing...
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:31am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:28am:
theres always next life:)

Lol true, though I can't really forsee doing another round of bard. At least not for a while, next life I gotta find a build I can settle down with and love on for a few ETRs.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #33 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 11:08am:
I built him wrong on purpose as a joke Tongue

Use literally anything for your weapon, as long as swashbuckling "sees" it it will be good dps. You have a Dice. Use it.

Wear black light dragon armor.

Easy gear.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 2:06pm:
Wear black light dragon armor.

Sadly I failed to dupe thousands of black dragonscales(what was I thinking?!) but I'll see what kind of price I can find tonight. For some reason, it had not occured to me to just dig up some dragon scales for this build Tongue

Dice is working out pretty well so far. Since I'm a good chunk of the way to 16 I'm not going to bother with Razorend, it looks nice but it'll just be clogging up the TR cache in half a level.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #35 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 3:37pm:
Sadly I failed to dupe thousands of black dragonscales(what was I thinking?!) but I'll see what kind of price I can find tonight. For some reason, it had not occured to me to just dig up some dragon scales for this build Tongue

20 black scales - not even flawless scales - is basically nothing. If you ask around I am sure someone will just give them to you. You don't need a thousand, you just need 20.

Quote:
Dice is working out pretty well so far. Since I'm a good chunk of the way to 16 I'm not going to bother with Razorend, it looks nice but it'll just be clogging up the TR cache in half a level.

The point of swashing your buckles is that any weapon the enhancement can see will end up with roughly the same crit profile. You don't and didn't need Razorend.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #36 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 3:46pm:
The point of swashing your buckles is that any weapon the enhancement can see will end up with roughly the same crit profile. You don't and didn't need Razorend.

Though there are some more interesting weapons out there to use it with...

That stupid Forester's Brushook is a good example.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #37 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 6:10pm:
Yes, but its a lot of choices in weapon types I've never actually collected. I planned on bastard swords because I've got oodles of them. Going to be a bit more of a challenge if I have to suddenly collect a bunch of weapons I don't have

Be glad you aren't hunting down great crossbows. Also, you don't have to hunt down anything. Dice will do nicely. For shits n giggles, craft a vampirism weapon. Watch SWF keep you topped out most of the time.

noamineo wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 6:49pm:
Man, it sure be nice if the friggin game would tell you these things! "Hey, you have dodge but you're wearing heavy armor." "You, you ain't swashbucklin, brah."

Play a monk in armor and see if you still think it would be nice. That fucking exclamation point.

Swash does it better. When you qualify for the stance, the stance icon shows up. Granted, there are way too many icons up there and it can get lost. Still, fuck that exclamation point. I ain't pugging with Fran, for fuck's sake.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #38 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 7:32pm:
I ain't pugging with Fran, for fuck's sake.

Lmao. Well done.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Still, fuck that exclamation point. I ain't pugging with Fran, for fuck's sake.

Said every caster using Master's Touch ever.

But yeah, thanks for the chuckle.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #40 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:22am
Print Post  
I ain't pugging with Fran, for fuck's sake.

Chuckled.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #41 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Be glad you aren't hunting down great crossbows.

No that was my pure rogue 2 lives ago Tongue

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Started reading this thread and was sure it was a troll. Still not sure, but I'll leave this as congrats anyway.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #43 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:23am:
Started reading this thread and was sure it was a troll. Still not sure, but I'll leave this as congrats anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/LordHumungus/Gianna%20Michaels%20-%20On%2...

The fact that this thread instilled some doubt in your mind should tell you where you're at.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #44 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:39am
Print Post  

You know, posting in every thread with nothing to say won't earn you vault cred. You've gotta actually have something to contribute.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #45 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:39am:
You've gotta actually have something to contribute.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:52am
Print Post  

Not a troll, just an idiot /sigh

But I'm better now! When I remember to keep displacement up and when I'm actively swashbuckling I do all right. I did an enhancement respec and got the 60 hamp from the human tree(plus a 15 hamp item) so my meager heal spells land for enough to not suck. With all said and done I am slowly learning the bard class!

Still can't wait to TR out of it, but thats been true of litterally everything I've ever played that wasn't juggernaut Tongue

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:52am:
Still can't wait to TR out of it, but thats been true of litterally everything I've ever played that wasn't juggernaut Tongue

Are you referring to this juggernaught, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/404822-The-Juggernaut-Prime-of-the-War...?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Yep. I played 2 lives as the 2 paladin/2 monk/16 artificer version and loved every solitary second of it.

I'm aware the build has since been gimped, but its still heavily survivable.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:43pm:
Yep. I played 2 lives as the 2 paladin/2 monk/16 artificer version and loved every solitary second of it.

I'm aware the build has since been gimped, but its still heavily survivable.

2013 called and would like it's build back.

Seriously, if you can't/haven't found any modern builds better than that one, I suspect you're not putting a serious amount of effort into looking.  There is a long list of builds here on the Vault and hell, even on the motherboards that are significantly better than the Juggernaught build in multiple ways.

If survivability is your primary concern, roll a 15/5 twf paladin/ranger, a pure 20 thf paladin, a pure 20 warlock, etc. etc.  They will all put the Juggernaught build to shame on survivability and DPS.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint